GGT 138 might be the one that finally gets us shut down

Chacrana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Discuss. Cause problems for the authorities. Swear.

Also, I voted for TMK for The Tester. I honestly hope he makes it onto the show.

Also, 3s Online is tha shit.

Also, hank is a bitch and a ho. Just look at 'im:
Fat_skateboard_split_fail.gif

fuck that kid (j/k he's not a kid, he's like 100.)

[quote name='distgfx']Clearly.

I enjoyed Alone in the Dark more, now what?
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, guess what I bought today?

img20110829203655.jpg

[quote name='whoknows']And Alan Wake is great. Where's the Alan Wake is great club?[/QUOTE]

I'll join that club. Although I probably would like it even more if it weren't for the fact that Deadly Premonition came out not too long after Alan Wake and did almost everything I liked about Alan Wake, but better (for my tastes).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Dude, Yellow Lantern Batman on PS3. I think I'm buying a second copy.[/QUOTE]

http://www.batmanbatmanbatman.com/

[quote name='ihadFG']I'll join that club. Although I probably would like it even more if it weren't for the fact that Deadly Premonition came out not too long after Alan Wake and did almost everything I liked about Alan Wake, but better (for my tastes).[/QUOTE]

u so funay

[quote name='whoknows']No, just joking.

and by that I mean not joking at all
[/QUOTE]

You know
the PS3 one is better and has more content, right?

[quote name='distgfx']You know
the PS3 one is better and has more content, right?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, but
I want to experience the game as it was originally intended

[quote name='whoknows']Yes, but
I want to experience the game as it was originally intended to get the right experience
[/QUOTE]

And so you shall, because that's how
I experienced it as well.

[quote name='whoknows']Can't wait to start play after seeing that![/QUOTE]

If the game had co-op, I'd show you how a seasoned Alone in the Dark vet plays the game.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I grew a third ball.[/QUOTE]

This is an obvious fucking lie, because if you had any balls, you would've broken up with your borderline-tranny, psychopath girlfriend months ago.

So what do you guys think about this "Season Pass" stuff for DLC in games? I think it's an interesting concept, especially if you know you're going to love the hell out of the game and buy whatever comes out for it. You're basically saving money for stuff you were going to buy anyway.

[quote name='Chacrana']This is an obvious fucking lie, because if you had any balls, you would've broken up with your borderline-tranny, psychopath girlfriend months ago.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='distgfx']So what do you guys think about this "Season Pass" stuff for DLC in games? I think it's an interesting concept, especially if you know you're going to love the hell out of the game and buy whatever comes out for it. You're basically saving money for stuff you were going to buy anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think it's fine as long as it's optional and doesn't hurt people who don't opt into it.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think it's fine as long as it's optional and doesn't hurt people who don't opt into it.[/QUOTE]

I.e. Season Pass Exclusive DLC!

I'm all for Season Pass DLC. Might as well stick the whole dick in my ass up front instead of just sliding the tip in and inching it in slowly.

[quote name='distgfx']So what do you guys think about this "Season Pass" stuff for DLC in games? I think it's an interesting concept, especially if you know you're going to love the hell out of the game and buy whatever comes out for it. You're basically saving money for stuff you were going to buy anyway.[/QUOTE]
I dislike it because personally stuff like this used to be free. Hell Valve still updates games like L4D2, TF2 with new free content constantly.

This Season Pass to me is a plot to spend more money on a game which you hope the online community is still active when the DLC gets released.

[quote name='whoknows']I wish Alone In The Dark had a season pass[/QUOTE]

It was so good, Atari thought they could pass an entire season with its sales alone.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I dislike it because personally stuff like this used to be free. Hell Valve still updates games like L4D2, TF2 with new free content constantly.

This Season Pass to me is a plot to spend more money on a game which you hope the online community is still active when the DLC gets released.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking more realistically, because the days of free DLC or updates is definitely coming to an end, if it hasn't already. This is just a way to save a few bucks in the process. I'd only do this for games I know I'll be playing years from now, everything else can go fuck itself. :cool:

[quote name='Chacrana']It was so good, Atari thought they could pass an entire season with its sales alone.[/QUOTE]

If Atari said it is the best selling game this gem id believe them.

[quote name='Chacrana']This is an obvious fucking lie, because if you had any balls, you would've broken up with your borderline-tranny, psychopath girlfriend months ago.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Rei... I just saw the trailer for Gundam AGE
and I already hate it.
[/QUOTE]
I hate it too. It looks like complete shit. It makes me sad, but I haven't cared about Gundam in awhile. I like Unicorn, but before that the last Gundam I liked was probably 8th MS Team.
I'm ok with it. As long as they leave open the option to pick and choose DLC as well.

[quote name='whoknows']If Atari said it is the best selling game this gem id believe them.[/QUOTE]

This gem?

That's what I thought....

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I dislike it because personally stuff like this used to be free. Hell Valve still updates games like L4D2, TF2 with new free content constantly.
[/QUOTE]

Valve is hardly the standard though. And DLC wasn't even an option in previous gens aside from occasional expansions. That stuff was never really free. If season pass DLC is actual DLC and not just frivolous stuff like costumes or whatever, then it could be a good thing. Most DLC I play these days seems to be pretty legit, rather than stuff taken out of the game, although of course that isn't always the case.

[quote name='ihadFG']Valve is hardly the standard though. And DLC wasn't even an option in previous gens aside from occasional expansions. That stuff was never really free. If season pass DLC is actual DLC and not just frivolous stuff like costumes or whatever, then it could be a good thing. Most DLC I play these days seems to be pretty legit, rather than stuff taken out of the game, although of course that isn't always the case.[/QUOTE]

Minerva's Den was legit as fuck and is the prime example of what DLC should be. It was better than the damned campaign itself.

[quote name='distgfx']Minerva's Den was legit as fuck and is the prime example of what DLC should be. It was better than the damned campaign itself.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing this. Should I be interested enough to go out and pick the game up again to play the DLC?

[quote name='Indignate']I keep hearing this. Should I be interested enough to go out and pick the game up again to play the DLC?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='Indignate']I keep hearing this. Should I be interested enough to go out and pick the game up again to play the DLC?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ihadFG']I liked Minerva's Den better than like 99% of full games this gen.[/QUOTE]

Now that's simply not 192% true.

[quote name='ihadFG']Valve is hardly the standard though. And DLC wasn't even an option in previous gens aside from occasional expansions. That stuff was never really free. If season pass DLC is actual DLC and not just frivolous stuff like costumes or whatever, then it could be a good thing. Most DLC I play these days seems to be pretty legit, rather than stuff taken out of the game, although of course that isn't always the case.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's true. I mean I am fine saving money, but for a lot of games I am wondering if all they offer is things like map packs, are they safe to take a chance on it if the game loses it's online community in 1-2 months.

Now if they did stuff like this for Borderlands 2 or Skyrim, I would day one shit like that.

Man DA2 is crazy, it feels so weird coming directly from the first game where the game loaded basically everything in the most awkward way possible. For instance, auto-saving where you couldn't move for 5 seconds, or just looting... why did it take 1-2 seconds to open the looting menu? Not to mention opening either the options menu or in-game menu took 2-3 seconds.

Now everything basically happens when you press the button, like looting now seems almost instant, the menus now opens in less than 1 second, and auto-saving no longer forces the game to lock up for the first 5 seconds.

I'm enjoying the story so far as well, although I'm not all that far into it yet. I think having it told as a story is an interesting approach and allows them to cover much more time than the first game. I'm enjoying combat just as much as the original, but we'll see how I feel about the gameplay after I've experienced the heavily reused environments (although to be honest I like Oblivion, and there really wasn't that much variety in that game either; there were a lot of very similar caves).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah that's true. I mean I am fine saving money, but for a lot of games I am wondering if all they offer is things like map packs, are they safe to take a chance on it if the game loses it's online community in 1-2 months.

Now if they did stuff like this for Borderlands 2 or Skyrim, I would day one shit like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's really something I wouldn't take a risk on unless I know ahead of time the kind of thing I'd be getting out of it (either due to them telling me, or me having trust in the developer). Like the LA Noire Rockstar Pass thing for example. I knew I would be saving money in the long run because they told us ahead of time exactly what we would be getting.

[quote name='Chacrana']This gem?

That's what I thought....[/QUOTE]

Auto correct on my phone looks to be more knowledgeable than me.

[quote name='icebeast']Man DA2 is crazy, it feels so weird coming directly from the first game where the game loaded basically everything in the most awkward way possible. For instance, auto-saving where you couldn't move for 5 seconds, or just looting... why did it take 1-2 seconds to open the looting menu? Not to mention opening either the options menu or in-game menu took 2-3 seconds.

Now everything basically happens when you press the button, like looting now seems almost instant, the menus now opens in less than 1 second, and auto-saving no longer forces the game to lock up for the first 5 seconds.

I'm enjoying the story so far as well, although I'm not all that far into it yet. I think having it told as a story is an interesting approach and allows them to cover much more time than the first game. I'm enjoying combat just as much as the original, but we'll see how I feel about the gameplay after I've experienced the heavily reused environments (although to be honest I like Oblivion, and there really wasn't that much variety in that game either; there were a lot of very similar caves in that game).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, on a technical level, the game felt like a huge improvement. And as far as the story goes, I think you'll continue to like it since it's pretty character-focused. The reused environments didn't bother me, but I know that's a pretty common complaint for a lot of other people.

bread's done
Back