GGT 143 chainsawed Kudo Tsunoda, not in Gears 3 but for real

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Damn, that's some nasty shit. Sounds like a broken belt to me, but I'm no mechanic. I had that happen once, I was close to home at least, but I had to make 5 turns with no power steering. That was a trip. Luckily I was on a back road with no other cars around.

And you have every right to be sad over a break up. Just take your time, recover, and move on. Find someone better for you.[/QUOTE]

I concur that it sounds like the fan belt is fucked. That happened on my grand prix. I lost power steering and dat coolant wasn't gonna happen.

Moral of the story: Don't buy American.

Whoknows wants to know whether a friends ex is off limits.

I asked him if he'd rather have sexual intercourse with this female or fornicate with his friend.

His answer was most astounding. Anyone else care to chime in?

Hank?

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, I feel like its going to take me forever since I have to talk to everyone.
And when I got the enemy uniform I talked to everyone again.[/QUOTE]
Take your time. It's a fantastic game you should enjoy.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm not fucking Whoknows, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is, that's the point.

Does he fuck his friends ex or continue on with his celibacy?

[quote name='whoknows']I don't get the impression you really are sorry though[/QUOTE]
The only thing I'm sorry about is not pulling out. :nottalking:

Actually I don't regret that one damn bit!!
[quote name='Indignate']Nobody is, that's the point.

Does he fuck his friends ex or continue on with his celibacy?[/QUOTE]
Real talk, 99% of the time, it's a bad idea. For example, I see this chick at the bars all the time, I really like her, we get along great, like the same music, etc etc. But I know her ex, and he would like to get back with her so it won't happen. I don't want to be "that guy". I'm not stepping into that mess. Done it before and it sucked.

If you do decide to go down that path, be ready for shit to hit the fan.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, I feel like its going to take me forever since I have to talk to everyone.
And when I got the enemy uniform I talked to everyone again.[/QUOTE]
Nice. I just reinstalled it and started playing again the other day, myself. Shame most of the good mods that used to be floating around the internet have disappeared.

Very minor spoiler:
I felt like a fucking idiot for getting the upgraded melee weapon feat on my main character on my first ever playthrough. Though I blame Bioware a bit for that'n.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The only thing I'm sorry about is not pulling out. :nottalking:

Actually I don't regret that one damn bit!! [/QUOTE]

Gross.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Real talk, 99% of the time, it's a bad idea. For example, I see this chick at the bars all the time, I really like her, we get along great, like the same music, etc etc. But I know her ex, and he would like to get back with her so it won't happen. I don't want to be "that guy". I'm not stepping into that mess. Done it before and it sucked.

If you do decide to go down that path, be ready for shit to hit the fan.[/QUOTE]

You make a valid argument, but I'd say go for it. fuck other people getting in the way between you and potential happiness.

It also depends on the friend though and what kind of relationship it was before.

[quote name='Indignate']Gross.

You make a valid argument, but I'd say go for it. fuck other people getting in the way between you and potential happiness.

It also depends on the friend though and what kind of relationship it was before.[/QUOTE]
I'm not close with the dude, but I see him all the time. I just don't want to start shit. I generally dislike drama, so I try to avoid it. Though I get roped up into it anyway, so whatev, maybe I should attack that shit.

Whoknows can do whatever he wants to do. So if he wants his bud's sloppy seconds, then more power to him. ^__^

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm not close with the dude, but I see him all the time. I just don't want to start shit. I generally dislike drama, so I try to avoid it. Though I get roped up into it anyway, so whatev, maybe I should attack that shit. [/QUOTE]

Do it like you did with Chac's sister.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Whoknows can do whatever he wants to do. So if he wants his bud's sloppy seconds, then more power to him. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Suddenly the idea is less appealing after that.

[quote name='Indignate']Do it like you did with Chac's sister.[/QUOTE]
I tapped that ass like it was a keg.

It was about the size of a keg too. And about as cold as one. :cry:

[quote name='whoknows']Suddenly the idea is less appealing after that.[/QUOTE]
Just picture him all sweaty, laying on top of her, 100% juice like Juicy Juice.

That'll get your juices flowing I bet.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Just picture him all sweaty, laying on top of her, 100% juice like Juicy Juice.

That'll get your juices flowing I bet.[/QUOTE]

I'm turned on.

fuckin Hype! I'd buy a 3DS for this shit.

Ok I wouldn't, but still. I might consider it or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlwlrm6Udo

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Take your time. It's a fantastic game you should enjoy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Crotch']Nice. I just reinstalled it and started playing again the other day, myself. Shame most of the good mods that used to be floating around the internet have disappeared.

Very minor spoiler:
I felt like a fucking idiot for getting the upgraded melee weapon feat on my main character on my first ever playthrough. Though I blame Bioware a bit for that'n.
[/QUOTE]

Will do.
I only put the widescreen mod on. Game looks pretty good, and I've had fun so far. As for the spoiler, I have very little clue as to how to grow the character, but I probably won't look at guides on my first playthrough.

[quote name='blueshinra']Pretty neat. Showed it to my husband and he was all, "whatever" :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]
Neat indeed, but I was always more of a lego guy.

lego_starcraft2_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lTd5LpB6Ao

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I know, I know, I was just giving you shit.

Does it ruin horde? Or does it make it more interesting?

[/QUOTE]

It adds some variety to in-between rounds. There is also a lot more variety in the enemies in horde. I assume they show up in the campaign as well.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']No one else picked up Lonesome Road? It's really good so far.[/QUOTE]
I would have but I'm waiting for a sale for all the other DLCs first.

-----------
Gears 3 is fantastic. I don't think I've ever had as much fun playing with bots, either.

[quote name='whoknows']Of course they did. PC gaming was relevant back then.

Not now though. Now people only use PC's for word and excel.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about dat Powerpoint, son.

Gotta make my presentation look tight. :cool:

I played to the end of act 1-3 last night I think.
Not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm a bit pissy all I'm killing is "glowies" because they explode instead of crawling around and letting me execute them.

I played to the beginning of Act 2, would've played more but the internet apparently went down basewide and didn't get fixed until around 4 am so I decided to just play some RE4 and drink.

Ugh, got smashed while me and my friends were playing campaign last night. I don't remember any of it :/
Gonna go play some horde to help with this headache.
We did play through Acts 1 and 2 though.

Played until the start of act 2 so far then played online. Definitely a fun game. Be on tonight so be up for some online. Gamertag is Nirran.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Real talk, 99% of the time, it's a bad idea. For example, I see this chick at the bars all the time, I really like her, we get along great, like the same music, etc etc. But I know her ex, and he would like to get back with her so it won't happen. I don't want to be "that guy". I'm not stepping into that mess. Done it before and it sucked.

If you do decide to go down that path, be ready for shit to hit the fan.[/QUOTE]

Hank, you might be my dad, but your imparted wisdom is weak as fuck.
1) Bro code only applies to actual bros.
2) Bro code doesn't apply to pathetic bros who can't understand when they've been fucking dumped.
3) You're not "that guy" if he's not with her to begin with.
4) Early beard catches the worm.
5) When in Rome, fuck a Syrian.

In all sincerity, if it's a close friend, ask! I think the general rule is at least one month for close friends before you're even allowed to CONSIDER it. I've dated friends' exes before. My friends have fucked my exes before. But I also know that there are certain exes that are off limits.
Though if I only casually know a dude, fuck him.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hank, you might be my dad, but your imparted wisdom is weak as fuck.
2) Bro code doesn't apply to pathetic bros who can't understand when they've been fucking dumped.
5) When in Rome, fuck a Syrian.[/QUOTE]
I'm inclined to agree with this. Go for it Hank, she sounds like she could be something special to you since she shares your interests.

Edit: Last night I realized that on Live Black Cog, Black Hawk, and Black Cock all sound the exact same. Thank God for Skype.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hank, you might be my dad, but your imparted wisdom is weak as fuck.
5) When in Rome, fuck a Syrian.

In all sincerity, if it's a close friend, ask! I think the general rule is at least one month for close friends before you're even allowed to CONSIDER it. I've dated friends' exes before. My friends have fucked my exes before. But I also know that there are certain exes that are off limits.
Though if I only casually know a dude, fuck him.[/QUOTE]
OK, a few things that I did and didn't mention.

1. It's not even about bro code really. I've done this before. It didn't work out. Problem is, she wants to be with him too. He's seeing another chick, but I'm sure it's just to make her jealous. I see how they act around each other. She's still hung up on him. So I know I'd be number 2 to her as long as she still has feelings for the dude. This is the main reason I don't go for it. I've played 2nd fiddle before, it's shitty.

2. Dude dumped her over some dumb shit. They are just both too stubborn to work out their differences. I've talked to friends of both, found out the situation. It's less about bro code and more about I don't want to get caught between some dumb ass drama.

3. When I said I didn't want to be "that guy", it's mainly because I see him and his friends all the time. We've chilled before. I know how he feels about her still, despite the bullshit and seeing some new chick. So knowing that he wants her and she wants him, I'm just choosing to avoid a messy situation.

4. I don't want to catch worms. :nottalking:

5. Syrians are dirty.

So TL;DR version: They broke up over dumb shit, she's still hung up on him, I don't want to take a backseat to him, done that before. He's with some new chick but I'm sure he'd jump ship the instant she invited him aboard hers.

[quote name='The Crotch']Neat indeed, but I was always more of a lego guy.[/QUOTE]
Oh, same here (well, Lego girl :p). K'nex didn't get introduced until I was practically in high school.

[quote name='blueshinra']Oh, same here (well, Lego girl :p). K'nex didn't get introduced until I was practically in high school.[/QUOTE]

I'm 23 and you're making me feel young! I had an entire tub full of legos as a kid and they were sweet. K'nex were pretty cool too, but eventually got shelved in favor of my legos.

[quote name='distgfx']I'm 23 and you're making me feel young! I had an entire tub full of legos as a kid and they were sweet. K'nex were pretty cool too, but eventually got shelved in favor of my legos.[/QUOTE]

Seems I was 13 when K'nex came out. :oldman:

--

Chains of Olympus was fun. Got my platinum after taking a break from the final challenge of the gods when it was frustrating me last night. Last boss was a bit of a pain in the nuts. The up-res didn't look bad at all, I just wish they would've ported the GoW3 mechanic for QTEs being on the corresponding edge of the screen... and that they'd get a better prompt for "mash L1/R1"; the one they have makes me think I should be alternating the the buttons.

They did an even better job with Ghost of Sparta so far. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got K'nex the holdiay season of whatever year they came out and loved them. My parents never bought me legos, just K'nex. In fact, I'd never even built anything with legos until my mom married the guy I now call dad (he has a sweet star wars lego collection).

[quote name='distgfx']I was 5 and hank was 40.[/QUOTE]

I was 6, but I never got K'Nex, I was all about those Legos though. I had a giant tub full of them, plus a bunch of the sets. The ice planet set was sweet, I totally had these two:
6983_brickset.jpg

6793_complete1.jpg

[quote name='ihadFG']Legos? I was all about dem Lincoln Logs:

B00171YA3E-1-lg.jpg

And also Tinkertoys:

51DRCT06DJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Now we know why you turned out the way you did.

[quote name='jello44']I was around 11/12 myself.

/old[/QUOTE]

So old.

What is that Social Link Max thing I keep seeing?!

[quote name='icebeast']I was 6, but I never got K'Nex, I was all about those Legos though. I had a giant tub full of them, plus a bunch of the sets. The ice planet set was sweet, I totally had these two:
6983_brickset.jpg

6793_complete1.jpg
[/QUOTE]
While I gradually added a great many other minor sets, this was the basis of all my lego fun as a kid:
60861995657975.jpg

Think I gave my older cousins $60 for it when I was six or seven. fuck, that was a good castle. Wonder if my parents still have all my lego. I should really make sure they don't give that shit away. fuck the neighbour kids, I want my castles.

Rogue Galaxy is gonna be a long game...

Thinking of starting Sonic Colors as my next non-RPG, but it hasn't been that long since my last platformer. Hrm.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Seems I was 13 when K'nex came out. :oldman:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jello44']I was around 11/12 myself.

/old[/QUOTE]
Glad to know I'm not alone in this whole "being old" thing :grouphug:

Also, I still have just about all my Lego (I have a couple of castles myself). Haven't touched any of it in ages, though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Chains of Olympus was fun. Got my platinum after taking a break from the final challenge of the gods when it was frustrating me last night. Last boss was a bit of a pain in the nuts. The up-res didn't look bad at all, I just wish they would've ported the GoW3 mechanic for QTEs being on the corresponding edge of the screen... and that they'd get a better prompt for "mash L1/R1"; the one they have makes me think I should be alternating the the buttons.

They did an even better job with Ghost of Sparta so far. :)[/QUOTE]
Ghost of Sparta has a lot of the GoW3 improvements. Chains came out before 3, so there's no way that it could have that in there.

Got to the start of Act 2 in Gears last night before calling quits. A game is pretty awesome when it asks you which way you want to put a hat on that you just randomly find laying around.

[quote name='distgfx']What is that Social Link Max thing I keep seeing?![/QUOTE]

I think it's a forum for RPGs.

You'd like it.

[quote name='distgfx']Now we know why you turned out the way you did.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that does explain why I'm such a hardcore gangster.

bread's done
Back