GGT 160 gets to be best man at ihadFG and Linkpwns' wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Elena_U2_render.jpg

EF1.png

There's something different... It was distracting and not overly different, but different enough. I got used to it though by the second run through the game on crushing and still prefer her to that tramp Chloe any way you slice it. ;)

[/QUOTE]

I think they're both well developed characters. I liked that they found a way to include both of them.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I think they're both well developed characters. I liked that they found a way to include both of them.[/QUOTE]

I would have preferred if they found a way to not include Elena.

Elena is the boring, safe choice. Can be funny and charming, but ultimately too goody goody and wrapped up in her own baggage.

Chloe is a delightful tramp. Saucy, fun, exotic and excitingly worldly. It's like Jennifer and Angelina.

[quote name='gunm']Elena is the boring, safe choice. Can be funny and charming, but ultimately too goody goody and wrapped up in her own baggage.

Chloe is a delightful tramp. Saucy, fun, exotic and excitingly worldly. It's like Jennifer and Angelina.[/QUOTE]

You can have your tramp, I'll take
Nathan Drake. :hot: Out of the ladies though Elena is way more my type personality wise, but Chloe is more my type as far as looks.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I wish I could've decided to kill Elena at the end of UC2. Drake deserves better than her.[/QUOTE]

You shut your dirty mouth, heathen. Drake made the right choice. Elena is cute/intelligent and has never done anything but *help* Nate. Chloe on the other hand is ugly, annoying, and a total hooker bitch. :bouncy:

So when are we posting our GOTY lists, guys?

Edit: Frost, by God, I will kill you if you say one more thing about that beautiful brown angel. Drake made a terrible choice and I hope he knows that he'll be regretting it for the rest of his life. Elena is the ultimate accident waiting to happen.

[quote name='gunm']Elena is the boring, safe choice. Can be funny and charming, but ultimately too goody goody and wrapped up in her own baggage.

Chloe is a delightful tramp. Saucy, fun, exotic and excitingly worldly. It's like Jennifer and Angelina.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You shut your dirty mouth, heathen. Drake made the right choice. Elena is cute/intelligent and has never done anything but *help* Nate. Chloe on the other hand is ugly, annoying, and a total hooker bitch. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Apparently people feel really strong about chloe vs elena

Bm0Ek.png

I don't actually feel that strongly about it. I just feel that personally, I would've chosen Chloe because she's just what fits my personality better. They should have allowed the players to choose.

Also, Chloe has a fucking sexy voice.

I don't really care for Chloe or Elena all that much. :whistle2:#

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So when are we posting our GOTY lists, guys?
[/QUOTE]

I've still got games to play.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So when are we posting our GOTY lists, guys?

Edit: Frost, by God, I will kill you if you say one more thing about that beautiful brown angel. Drake made a terrible choice and I hope he knows that he'll be regretting it for the rest of his life. Elena is the ultimate accident waiting to happen.[/QUOTE]

UMvC3 grudgematch?
'tis the season for season's beatings. :lol:

--

I say, I say, son... I go to search for GAFs free to a good home thread, but their search box is turned off -- trying a site search on google hangs, probably for the same reason their search box is gone. So I mosey over to bing and start typing my search into the box. I get as far as neogaf.com before it suggests the popular results.

Top in the list?
"neogaf.com transgaf"
:rofl:

[quote name='ihadFG']Sounds good to me. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I don't know who your avatar is (well actually I'm fairly sure I do) but it kind of wants to make me play that game (even though I said I wouldn't until I finished Twilight Princess which I've had forever), because she looks cool (love that androgynous look). Actually she kind of reminds me of Teddie. :oops:

[quote name='icebeast']I don't know who your avatar is (well actually I'm fairly sure I do) but it kind of wants to make me play that game (even though I said I wouldn't until I finished Twilight Princess which I've had forever), because she looks cool (love that androgynous look). Actually she kind of reminds me of Teddie. :oops:[/QUOTE]

I kinda wanted to play it too, if I could use a GC or classic controller.
Based on the interview with the main Zelda dude these days, it looks like it's all motion control for the future, which means I think I've played my very last "new" zelda game unless I ever decide to deal with spirit tracks or track down the two seasons games I never played. :(

[quote name='BlueScrote']:rofl:

Apparently people feel really strong about chloe vs elena

Bm0Ek.png

[/QUOTE]

I like Elena, I found Chloe annoying, simple as that. :p
And you can see in those shots, Uncharted 2 vs Uncharted 3 Elena has a different nose. :lol:

--

Whoa, holy shit, Ueda left Sony? No wonder TLG keeps slipping out, even if he's under contract to finish it.

[quote name='icebeast']I don't know who your avatar is (well actually I'm fairly sure I do) but it kind of wants to make me play that game (even though I said I wouldn't until I finished Twilight Princess which I've had forever), because she looks cool (love that androgynous look). Actually she kind of reminds me of Teddie. :oops:[/QUOTE]

Forget about Twilight Princess and just play Skyward Sword. It's a much better game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I kinda wanted to play it too, if I could use a GC or classic controller.
Based on the interview with the main Zelda dude these days, it looks like it's all motion control for the future, which means I think I've played my very last "new" zelda game unless I ever decide to deal with spirit tracks or track down the two seasons games I never played. :([/QUOTE]

Well the motion controls are pretty integral to the game (and the combat in particular), so a controller option would require changing the game entirely. With that said, this is one of the very few times where I've actually been impressed by motion controls, to the point where it makes for a better game, and I actually want them to continue with this control scheme in future titles.

[quote name='ihadFG']Forget about Twilight Princess and just play Skyward Sword. It's a much better game.
[/QUOTE]

What was your opinion of TP before SS before I take your word for it...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What was your opinion of TP before SS before I take your word for it...[/QUOTE]

It felt a little too "been there done that" and I didn't care for the motion controls or the graphics, but it was still a solid Zelda game. It just didn't feel like it was pushing the series forward to me.

[quote name='ihadFG']Forget about Twilight Princess and just play Skyward Sword. It's a much better game.

Well the motion controls are pretty integral to the game (and the combat in particular), so a controller option would require changing the game entirely. With that said, this is one of the very few times where I've actually been impressed by motion controls, to the point where it makes for a better game, and I actually want them to continue with this control scheme in future titles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ihadFG']It felt a little too "been there done that" and I didn't care for the motion controls or the graphics, but it was still a solid Zelda game. It just didn't feel like it was pushing the series forward to me.[/QUOTE]

That was my problem with Twilight Princess, but that being said I'd still like to finish it before I get another Zelda game (plus a Zelda game will be around for a while so it isn't like I need to jump on it right away, but maybe I should get back to Twilight Princess sometimes soon, dust off that Wii).

Chloe reminds me of my ex, so I'd take her. I like women like Chloe, and before anybody makes a smart ass comment pointing out only her negatives, I say fuck you!

[quote name='ihadFG']It felt a little too "been there done that" and I didn't care for the motion controls or the graphics, but it was still a solid Zelda game. It just didn't feel like it was pushing the series forward to me.[/QUOTE]

You aren't a rabid hater, foaming at the mouth, so your opinion isn't invalid to me, but it would be more convincing if you liked TP and it was high on your Zelda list.

Personally, TP is probably right below OoT for me. Majora's Mask is in there somewhere, I think. Definitely above WW. It felt like a proper homage to OoT without straight up copying it. I liked Midna and the new wolf angle. What I didn't like was the bullshit where you could tell they started designing shit with the Wii motion controls in mind (see: Sky Temple Boss). Holding that game back to be a launch Wii title was both a smart and TERRIBLE fucking move at the same time. :\

YO SON(s) I'm back from dat Chitown.
Man, it was chitty.
not really
Enough of the bad puns. Imma be doing some italian homework for the next few hours if you guys wanna skype.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Top in the list?
"neogaf.com transgaf"
:rofl:[/QUOTE]
Bing knows what's up.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I kinda wanted to play it too, if I could use a GC or classic controller.
Based on the interview with the main Zelda dude these days, it looks like it's all motion control for the future, which means I think I've played my very last "new" zelda game unless I ever decide to deal with spirit tracks or track down the two seasons games I never played. :([/QUOTE]
Yep, I'm pretty much done with Zelda. Motion controls? No thanks.

I played Twilight Princess on Gamecube, and without motion controls, it was a good and proper Zelda game. But overall, it wasn't anything too amazing or unique. It had some different ideas like the wolf form at least.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I broke up with my Girlfriend of 5 years on friday. I forgot how quiet it is without anyone around.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that sucks. :cry:

I just crank up music or play some drums when it's too quiet. Doesn't stay quiet for long.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Damn, that sucks. :cry:

I just crank up music or play some drums when it's too quiet. Doesn't stay quiet for long.[/QUOTE]

Hookers.

[quote name='BlueScrote']On the plus side I was drunk all weekend.[/QUOTE]

On the plus side, maybe you'll be happier?
If not yet, then sorry, my condolences. :\

[quote name='heavyd853']Hookers.[/QUOTE]
ProTip: Take her to dinner first and it's not prostitution, it's a date. :cool:

[quote name='BlueScrote']On the plus side I was drunk all weekend.[/QUOTE]
Always a good time.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']On the plus side, maybe you'll be happier?
If not yet, then sorry, my condolences. :\[/QUOTE]
Hopefully. And condolences also.

Also, I spotted some Kraken at the liquor store on thursday. I may have to try it out after all the good things I've heard.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Did you NOT play Oblivion? Cause it's pretty much the same thing, but with dragons. Not that it's a bad thing, but my busted ass PS3 copy is getting on my nerves. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I played the shit out of Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas..... I admittedly really love the Bethesda RPG style. Skyrim addressed a ton of the huge flaws in Oblivion and I really like it for that. It's very easily in my top 3 this gen.

@ReRo - I played Oblivion for about 50 hours if memory serves.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I broke up with my Girlfriend of 5 years on friday. I forgot how quiet it is without anyone around.[/QUOTE]

sad_frog.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
[/QUOTE]

K cool. I 1250'ed that on cheesements so I think my time with it was well over 100 hours >_<

I love Skyrim but I think I'm not blown away by it yet because I've been just focusing so much on leveling my damn smithing level. Now that it's at 100 I think I'm good.

Plus I'm a little pissed my game is glitched and it wont let me buy a home in Markarth, my favorite city :(

But yeah, I wanna explore more now, but I'm in no rush with it. It's one of those games I want to take my sweet sweet time with.

Bought that Move with Best Buy's deal on the KZ3/Resistance 3 bundle. I doubt I'll use it for either of those games but I have to try RE5 with it. If it winds up playing as good as RE4 on Wii did, it'll be worth it.

I just hope it's compatible with the PS4 in a couple years (it won't be).

EDIT - Ironically, the announcement that Zelda is forever touch-screen/motion-controlled has killed all interest I'll ever have in the franchise going forward. At least I can say honestly that Zelda - A Link to the Past is forever the best Zelda game.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I played the shit out of Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas..... I admittedly really love the Bethesda RPG style. Skyrim addressed a ton of the huge flaws in Oblivion and I really like it for that. It's very easily in my top 3 this gen.

[/QUOTE]

What huge flaws do you consider addressed?

FWIW, I put over 100 hours into Oblivion (minus Shivering Isles) on PS3 a few years ago and did just about *everything* in that game. So far, Skyrim feels pretty much the same, albeit a much buggier and crashtacular piece of software for my console.

[quote name='Halo05']At least I can say honestly that Zelda - A Link to the Past is forever the best Zelda game.[/QUOTE]

For you, maybe. :p

I will not consider that a fact though, not in my world. OoT holds the title for best Zelda game; the best LttP can do is best SNES Zelda, maybe, maybe best 8 or 16 bit console Zelda as I might be willing to put some of the handheld games above it.

At least we can agree that the best of the Zelda franchise is in the past.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What huge flaws do you consider addressed?

FWIW, I put over 100 hours into Oblivion (minus Shivering Isles) on PS3 a few years ago and did just about *everything* in that game. So far, Skyrim feels pretty much the same, albeit a much buggier and crashtacular piece of software for my console.[/QUOTE]

Oblivion Portals, More refined skills / skill trees, Absence of weapon degradation, clever / worthwhile enchantment system (rather than just paying someone), varied environments, pretty graphics, alchemy is actually fun, miscellaneous quests to keep track of the little stuff NPCs share with you, attributes are gone in favor of a more logical skill-based system...

Shit, I finally got 3D glasses for my TV... and playing games in 3D is actually really nice. I'm disappointed, I was really against this whole 3D shit. But it makes it a lot more engaging in some of the more distant shootouts ect.

WHYYY!!

Isn't he... kinda slow? it's been covered before pretty much a million times... like wars ya know.

But I think MGS2 gets too much shit. It did everything nobody was expecting, which was awesome.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Isn't he... kinda slow? it's been covered before pretty much a million times... like wars ya know.

But I think MGS2 gets too much shit. It did everything nobody was expecting, which was awesome.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it was almost like the "goodbye" to surprises in gaming. It seems like now everything gets leaked out and everyone wants to know everything before they even touch it and on top of that, pass insane judgement before even trying it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']pass insane judgement before even trying it.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you're trying to say about DmC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back