GGT 168 actually shows up to game nights and on time

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']When you buy me a copy on Steam?
Or when you send me a PS3 copy.[/QUOTE]
1. When it comes around on sale I'll get you a copy
of UT2004

2. PS3? Gross.
[quote name='ihadFG']I have UT3 on PC, but I'd still rather play UT2004. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Amen.

Exciting:

For all the Final Fantasy fans out there, the latest rumor circulating around the web states that upcoming Final Fantasy X HD for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita will be more than just another HD port. According to PSTime, a remake of the game is being made using Final Fantasy's XIII Crystal Tools engine. This engine is also being used for Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The engine is said to be adapted for both PS3 and Vita. The entire game is said not to be made from scratch, only characters, aeons and some stage elements. Sets and scenes will be remastered in CGI and will implement a “filter” FFXIII Engine. The new Luminous engine will provide the magic and lighting effects, while Blitzball will undergo some small changes. You can also expect online options and a release date in Japan in the 2012 fiscal year.

More exciting:
Square Enix is taking some preventitive measures to ensure no sneaky little buggers register the domain name for Final Fantasy XIII-3, saving themselves the same hassle that Activision went through in obtaining ModernWarfare3.com.

[quote name='ihadFG']I have UT3 on PC, but I'd still rather play UT2004. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I have UT2004 on PC, but I'd still rather play UT. :cool:

I still have UT3 on PS3. It's worth like nothing so I've never traded it in.

And to answer Frost's question from the last thread, I bought it on PS3. I usually buy all of my fighters (except the SC series) on PS3.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I still have UT3 on PS3. It's worth like nothing so I've never traded it in.[/QUOTE]

Better to get something out of it than nothing.

[quote name='Indignate']Blitzball was tight.[/QUOTE]SHO NUFF.

[quote name='distgfx']Better to get something out of it than nothing.[/QUOTE]I think I got my $3 worth when I played Sonic in it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Moms are tough.[/QUOTE]Not tough enough to stop bullets.

[quote name='Indignate']Blitzball was tight.[/QUOTE]

Blitzball was AIDS. Triple Triad is where it's at.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I still have UT3 on PS3. It's worth like nothing so I've never traded it in.

And to answer Frost's question from the last thread, I bought it on PS3. I usually buy all of my fighters (except the SC series) on PS3.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Gotta get your Yoda fix, eh?

We should play that too, then. We're both slightly insomniacs at times, so we should be able to get some times together for both AE2012, UMvC3, and even keep up with 3S.

[quote name='distgfx']SCIV was ass on the PS3, not skyrim or bayonetta levels of ass, but still ass.[/QUOTE]

I played most of my SC4 on x360 before eventually scoring a PS3 copy for $10. I installed it, but can't say I ever wanted to boot it up, as I'm not a huge SC guy. I'm surprised it's ass, but at this point, I can't say I know from experience.

Then again, depending on what's ass about it, you're talking to a guy who earned platinums on both Bayonetta AND Skyrim on PS3... so my threshold for bullshit and what makes a game unplayable is probably higher than it should be.

--

I know RE5 on PS3 wasn't the better version, graphically, but I can't say I noticed any performance hitches that made me regret earning a platinum there either.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I played most of my SC4 on x360 before eventually scoring a PS3 copy for $10. I installed it, but can't say I ever wanted to boot it up, as I'm not a huge SC guy. I'm surprised it's ass, but at this point, I can't say I know from experience.

Then again, depending on what's ass about it, you're talking to a guy who earned platinums on both Bayonetta AND Skyrim on PS3.[/QUOTE]

It probably wouldn't bother you then, it was slowdown on two stages and a lower resolution.

Slowdown in a fighter is unacceptable.

------------------------------------

Hey, guys, look what I found while searching for posts by Chac.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169575

The hate in there is EXTREME.

Same here. UT99 also. Although I don't have either on Steam (I have UT3 though for some reason on steam).

If capcom ever put AE on sale on Steam I would pick it up.

[quote name='distgfx']It probably wouldn't bother you then, it was slowdown on two stages and a lower resolution.

Slowdown in a fighter is unacceptable.

------------------------------------

Hey, guys, look what I found while searching for posts by Chac.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169575

The hate in there is EXTREME.[/QUOTE]

Yep, slowdown sucked. Just avoid the pirate ship stage and any crazy created dudes.

That thread brings back memories.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Same here. UT99 also. Although I don't have either on Steam (I have UT3 though for some reason on steam).

If capcom ever put AE on sale on Steam I would pick it up.[/QUOTE]

It was $20 during the last Steam sale.

[quote name='distgfx']It was $20 during the last Steam sale.[/QUOTE]

Too much. $15 or less, since I'd only ever play if you or hank were like "yo, let's do this."

So I just went through AE arcade with Yang and while I do like him, I still don't like him better than my Bison. I need to practice more.

Edit: Why doesn't the computer want to fall for cross-counter?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So I just went through AE arcade with Yang and while I do like him, I still don't like him better than my Bison. I need to practice more.[/QUOTE]

Does Bison have a DP? If he doesn't have a DP, then I don't want to play him.

[quote name='distgfx']Does Bison have a DP? If he doesn't have a DP, then I don't want to play him.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but uh...

What's a DP?

[quote name='distgfx']Yeah, I said it.[/QUOTE]

Hey I've shown up on time before, and I at least do show up for the ones I say I will.

[quote name='icebeast']Hey I've shown up on time before, and I at least do show up for the ones I say I will.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mention your name anywhere, why are you assuming it's you? Guilt? :booty:

[quote name='distgfx']I didn't mention your name anywhere, why are you assuming it's you? Guilt? :booty:[/QUOTE]

Well it has happened twice in a row, with me it's better to plan well in advance or plan for a general time frame, haha (also didn't help when I asked you about playing games this weekend I though you would pick one of the weekend days and not Friday where I already knew I was going to go to the pharmacy after work which took damn near forever and I couldn't really predict it, I texted you and let you know I was going to be off though). Like yesterday I was around for a bunch of the time you were playing (I just wasn't playing), and then switched over to LoL with some other friends till like 3AM.

[quote name='icebeast']Well it has happened twice in a row, with me it's better to plan well in advance or plan for a general time frame, haha (also didn't help when I asked you about playing games this weekend I though you would pick one of the weekend days and not Friday where I already knew I was going to go to the pharmacy after work which took damn near forever and I couldn't really predict it, I texted you and let you know I was going to be off though). Like yesterday I was around for a bunch of the time you were playing (I just wasn't playing), and then switched over to LoL with some other friends till like 3AM.[/QUOTE]

So... like... you wanted to play 3s that night... but wanted me to suggest a day in the weekend instead? Wut? :drool:

[quote name='distgfx']So... like... you wanted to play 3s that night... but wanted me to suggest a day in the weekend instead? Wut? :drool:[/QUOTE]

I don't have the log, but basically what happened was:

Me: "Hey we haven't played a game in a while we should play one this weekend."
You: "Me and Hank/Josh were planning on playing tonight, you could join us."
Me: "Ok I guess, but I'm not going to be able to get there till 8:00ish since I have to stop some place after work."

Honestly I didn't expect the pharmacy to take as long as it did, and if it wasn't such a pain to stop there I might have just come back later, but I was already there so I figured I'd wait (even though it took over an hour in total). I just figured when I said 8pm which is already kind of late your time you might suggest a different time. But since you didn't mention anything I figured you really wanted to do it that night so I said I'd be there.

[quote name='icebeast']I don't have the log, but basically what happened was:

Me: "Hey we haven't played a game in a while we should play one this weekend."
You: "Me and Hank were planning on playing tonight, you could join us."
Me: "Ok I guess, but I'm not going to be able to get there till 8:00ish since I have to stop some place after work."

Honestly I didn't expect the pharmacy to take as long as it did, and if it wasn't such a pain to stop there I might have just come back later, but I was already there so I figured I'd wait (even though it took over an hour in total). I just figured when I said 8pm which is already kind of late your time you might suggest a different time. But since you didn't mention anything I figured you really wanted to do it that night so I said I'd be there.[/QUOTE]

Well, we already had a game planned, so I invited you. You agreed, so I figured there was no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back