GGT 171 asked Shrike to be its Valentine. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Crotch']fucking demo.

Dodging ME3 information all day e'ry day now.[/QUOTE]

Overall the demo didn't feel like it spoiled too much of the story. You basically get to play what is probably the start of ME3 for the basic demo (so it might spoil that part of the game), felt nice and actiony for a tutorial. Then you get to play a later part of the game where you have a squad, that part has some story stuff that hints at some allies and enemies that are probably going to be important in ME3, but overall that snippet felt kind of like a movie trailer, since it was out of context and I was left feeling like I had some idea what was happening, but I really want to know what led to that part of the game and what happens next.

[quote name='ihadFG']French chicks. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I french chicks a lot. :drool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I know how ME3 ends. :cool:

Everyone dies.[/spoilter][/QUOTE]

Mutha fuck! Day = ruined.

[quote name='distgfx']Yes, it won't be a shooter in any way.[/QUOTE]

Don't pretend you know or care about RPGs. :speaktothehand::nottalking:

ME3, doing what every 3rd trilogy does, sucking balls.

Toy Story 3 and Return of the King are the exceptions.

Okay, I didn't play the demo, so I don't know shit about ME3.

[quote name='j-cart']ME3, doing what every 3rd trilogy does, sucking balls.

Okay, I didn't play the demo, so I don't know shit about ME3.[/QUOTE]Guess SF3 also sucks balls?

[quote name='gunm']Don't pretend you know or care about RPGs. :speaktothehand::nottalking:[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to hide it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Guess SF3 also sucks balls?[/QUOTE]

Do fighters even count in this case? SF did it backwards anyway.

SF = balls.
SF2 = good.
SF3 = great.

[quote name='icebeast']Overall the demo didn't feel like it spoiled too much of the story. You basically get to play what is probably the start of ME3 for the basic demo (so it might spoil that part of the game), felt nice and actiony for a tutorial.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't want to know anything about that. I'm a big believer in approaching things totally fresh. So I don't know shit about ME3. I don't know shit about Dark Knight Rises (aside from a few characters, which I kinda wish I didn't know but fuck whatever). I don't know shit about about Xenoblade Chronicles. If Episode 3 of Half-Life 2 was announced tomorrow, I would not look at a single god damn screenshot. If I know I want it, I go on total media blackout about it. I don't want to know what happens in the first minute. I don't want to know anything about the characters.

Fresh eyes are fuckin' baller.

[quote name='distgfx']Do fighters even count in this case? SF did it backwards anyway.

SF = balls.
SF2 = good.
SF3 = great.[/QUOTE]Going on what j-cart said, sorry.

[quote name='distgfx']Wait, wouldn't SFA technically count as the 3rd?[/QUOTE]

Can't count SF series, it isn't a trilogy.

[quote name='j-cart']ME3, doing what every 3rd trilogy does, sucking balls.

Okay, I didn't play the demo, so I don't know shit about ME3.[/QUOTE]

Last Crusade is good as well.

I guess j-cart didn't like Return of the Jedi?

EDIT: The third Hitchhiker's book was alright; it's the fourth one that sucked. Monkey Island 3 was good (I preferred it to 2, even). Mario 3 was the best NES Mario. Fallout 3 was good.

EDIT2: Oh, and j-cart? You don't like thirds? What do you think The Old Republic is?

Take that, Mr. Science. I just used your own facts against you.

EDIT THE THIRD: Predators. Not an amazing movie, but way better than Predator 2.

I get this strange feeling that Mass Effect 3 is going to be the Uncharted 3 of the series. The single player will be such a massive letdown that no one sticks around for the multiplayer. I still expect it to be massively overrated though, just like Uncharted 3.

Oh, and as far as the 3rd in a Trilogy not being good/great: Super Metroid. I Win. Forever.

[quote name='The Crotch']I guess j-cart didn't like Return of the Jedi?

EDIT: The third Hitchhiker's book was alright; it's the fourth one that sucked. Monkey Island 3 was good (I preferred it to 2, even). Mario 3 was the best NES Mario. Fallout 3 was good.

EDIT2: Oh, and j-cart? You don't like thirds? What do you think The Old Republic is?

EDIT THE THIRD: Predators. Not an amazing movie, but way better than Predator 2.[/QUOTE]

-Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie.
-Monkey Island is awesome in general, but not a trilogy.
-Mario is beyond trilogy status.
-Fallout 3 is a great game, but it doesn't count since it is not a sequel of any sorts
-Hitcher's Guide to the Galaxy is not a Trilogy, but thanks for the fish.
-Old Republic is KotoR 4, 5 and 6, so once again not a Trilogy.
-Predator's are a single movie entity, so in part it is not a Trilogy. Though Predators was an awesome movie.

[quote name='distgfx']Yeah, that's what I was saying.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

In strict 'Trilogy' speaking, the third one is never as great as the first or second. Needs to be only three parts to be called a Trilogy, the exception is when it is either a reboot or a re-visioning of a series (example: Metroid Prime is different from Super Metroid)

/edit: Sonic 3 doesn't count since Sega decided to make that crappy Sonic 4: Episode 1 for the PSN/XBLA.

[quote name='j-cart']-Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie.[/QUOTE]
Truth, but Return isn't terrible.
[quote name='j-cart']Monkey Island is awesome in general, but not a trilogy.[/QUOTE]
THERE WAS NO MONKEY ISLAND 4.
[quote name='j-cart'] -Mario is beyond trilogy status.[/QUOTE]
That's why I confined it to "NES Mario games". If you consider that cheating... eh. So it goes.
[quote name='j-cart']Fallout 3 is a great game, but it doesn't count since it is not a sequel of any sorts[/QUOTE]
wut
[quote name='j-cart']Hitcher's Guide to the Galaxy is not a Trilogy, but thanks for the fish.[/QUOTE]
Nobody said Douglas Adams had a rational definition of the word "trilogy". A trilogy Hitchhiker's is and will always be.
[quote name='j-cart']-Old Republic is KotoR 4, 5 and 6, so once again not a Trilogy.[/QUOTE]
Bioware's marketing line can eat my nonexistent vagina. It's the third game in a series of three games. There is continuity between them. It is the direct sequel of Knights of the Old Republic 2.
[quote name='j-cart']Predator's are a single movie entity, so in part it is not a Trilogy. Though Predators was an awesome movie.[/QUOTE]
Where did my goalpost go?

EDIT: And since you mentioned Metroid Prime? Corruption kicked the shit out of Echoes.

And Two Thrones mostly made up for Warrior Within.

So two things.

1. I'm going to go to a culinary institute this fall and get a BS in cookin'.

2. I'm eating carnitas I cooked all day for dinner.

IMG_20120215_164703.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']Truth, but Return isn't terrible.

THERE WAS NO MONKEY ISLAND 4.

That's why I confined it to "NES Mario games". If you consider that cheating... eh. So it goes.

wut

Nobody said Douglas Adams had a rational definition of the word "trilogy". A trilogy Hitchhiker's is and will always be.

Bioware's marketing line can eat my nonexistent vagina. It's the third game in a series of three games.

Where did my goalpost go?[/QUOTE]

-5 Monkey Island games (but still a great series)
-Fallout 3 still has Fallout: NV behind it
-As a Hitchhiker, there is only one long amazing book
-SWTOR is an MMO, so new entry
-Goal post is right here:

03720_ny_jets_goal_post.jpg

Two Thrones did make up for the horror that was Warrior Within, HOWEVER Sands of Time was a MUCH better game.

/edit: Hank, get on it and make me food.

[quote name='j-cart']-5 Monkey Island games (but still a great series)[/QUOTE]
No. Only three.
[quote name='j-cart'] -Fallout 3 still has Fallout: NV behind it[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I think of New Vegas as a glorified expansion pack, but fuck whatever.
[quote name='j-cart'] -SWTOR is an MMO, so new entry[/QUOTE]
Not the way I played it in beta. I don't think "now with multiplayer" really separates a game from its predecessors, anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and In the Mouth of Madness? Best one in Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy. Suck it, The Thing.

Gears 3 was pretty great. It lived up to the rest of the series and was part of a trilogy.

And I know this won't be a popular opinion in these parts, but MW3 was great as well.

Hey, if you pre-order SFxT via PSHome, you get the Boost Gem Pack 1 when it ships. Guess what was on the leaked/rumored DLC list?

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/31/rum...en-dlc-leaked-adds-christie-leo-cody-and-guy/

• Boost Gem Pack 1 – $2.99, Includes 9 new gems to equip to your characters.
  • Boost Gem Pack 2 – $2.99, Includes 9 new gems to equip to your characters.
  • Color Edit Pack 1 – FREE, Includes 4 new colors to use in the Color Edit mode.
  • Costume Swap S Pack – $9.99, Includes a new costume for each of the Street Fighter characters, based on a Tekken character.
  • Costume Swap T Pack – $9.99, Includes a new costume for each of the Tekken characters, based on a Street Fighter character.
  • Costume Swap X Pack – $15.99, A combination of the S Pack and T Pack – Includes new costumes for each character, based on characters from the opposite series.
  • New Challengers Pack – $7.99, Adds 4 new characters to the game: Cody, Guy, Christie and Leo.
  • X Unlocker – $4.99, Unlocks two secret characters, Akuma and Ogre, as well as all additional character colors and special modes without having to perform the in-game tasks to unlock them.
BEND OVER!

[quote name='KingBroly']Oh, and as far as the 3rd in a Trilogy not being good/great: Super Metroid. I Win. Forever.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j-cart']In strict 'Trilogy' speaking, the third one is never as great as the first or second. Needs to be only three parts to be called a Trilogy, the exception is when it is either a reboot or a re-visioning of a series (example: Metroid Prime is different from Super Metroid).[/QUOTE]

But this is explicitly called Metroid 4 (just watch the first 15 seconds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEe5zPWLUVU

[quote name='KingBroly']They call Super Metroid "Metroid 3" at the beginning as well.[/QUOTE]

But having 4 in a series makes the series not a trilogy anymore...

[quote name='The Crotch']I guess j-cart didn't like Return of the Jedi?

EDIT THE THIRD: Predators. Not an amazing movie, but way better than Predator 2.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I enjoyed predator 2 more than any other predator movie, so take that.
Where else you gonna see a predator pulling off the classic sub-zero fatality? :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']I like The Thing remake better because it has better special effects.[/QUOTE]
Remake? You mean the prequel that just came out?

Technically, the "original" Carpenter version is closer to a remake (the original being The Thing from Another World, which was itself based on a short story from some old racist guy).

[quote name='ihadFG']Gears 3 was pretty great. It lived up to the rest of the series and was part of a trilogy.

And I know this won't be a popular opinion in these parts, but MW3 was great as well.[/QUOTE]

MW3 was significantly better than MW2 in my opinion. MW2's singleplayer was so goddamn jarring.

Y'know, i actually liked the Kingdoms of Amalur demo. I would pick that up for $20.
Based off my time with the ME3 demo, I'm definitely waiting for $20 or GOTY.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Y'know, i actually liked the Kingdoms of Amalur demo. I would pick that up for $20.
Based off my time with the ME3 demo, I'm definitely waiting for $20 or GOTY.[/QUOTE]

Kingdoms of Amalur seems like something I'll pick up for $10 on Steam.

Binary Domain demo was completely generic. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Gears.

Game updates on PSN suck. Just put in LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition I got from Goozex to test it out so I could leave feedback. Ton of updates that are looking like it will take 20-25 minutes (half done now at a little over 10 minutes).

Downloads aren't going super slow, just a bunch of them at 50-130MB apiece so far, and then it has to install each one.

Why the hell are game updates for PS3 games so big compared to the ones that come across Xbox Live that are usually only a few megabytes?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Beat the ME3 Demo...

I was actually kind of disappointed by the gameplay changes. I also really dislike the running animation.[/QUOTE]

Can't be worse than the running animation in ME2. God femShep looks stupid when she's running... janky as all fuck, at least without the armor.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Kingdoms of Amalur seems like something I'll pick up for $10 on Steam.

Binary Domain demo was completely generic. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Gears.[/QUOTE]

Agreed... I'd pay $20 or so to play on PS3 if the game is a decent port. Especially if I can keep the hour+ worth of time I put into the demo.

[quote name='dmaul1114']why the hell are game updates for ps3 games so big compared to the ones that come across xbox live that are usually only a few megabytes?[/quote]
This. When an update pops up for a 360 game, I get ready for some downtime but it's always just a couple MB's at most. PSN updates feel like you're downloading another game...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']This. When an update pops up for a 360 game, I get ready for some downtime but it's always just a couple MB's at most. PSN updates feel like you're downloading another game...[/QUOTE]

PSN+ auto download updates

[quote name='dmaul1114']Game updates on PSN suck. Just put in LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition I got from Goozex to test it out so I could leave feedback. Ton of updates that are looking like it will take 20-25 minutes (half done now at a little over 10 minutes).

Downloads aren't going super slow, just a bunch of them at 50-130MB apiece so far, and then it has to install each one.

Why the hell are game updates for PS3 games so big compared to the ones that come across Xbox Live that are usually only a few megabytes?[/QUOTE]

LBP might be the worst offender for this. So many updates.

I still have been meaning to pick up LBP2 one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back