GGT 171 asked Shrike to be its Valentine. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamefly question:

So there's a game I want to play (Uncharted: GA), but don't want to pay 50 for.

If I get a month of Gamefly (for about 11 bucks for two at a time because I have a "Please come back" email), and I just leave Uncharted in my queue, could I bypass the waiting list once it's like that for 5-6 days?

I tried it with Resistance in October of last year and got it sent out within three days.

Anyone have experience with this kind of thing?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Depending on how successful you want to be (ie how many people survive ME 2) then yes it can be done in under 40 hours. Probably anywhere from 15-30. But beware, if you do it too fast then your save will not be able to be imported into ME 3 because it have a now impossible outcome and you'll have to use whatever defaults are available for ME 3.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Plus there's no reason to play ME3 right at launch if you haven't played ME2.

Take your time and finish ME2 so you have the full story/character experience and can import into ME3.

I made some more progress in my ME2 replay last night. Finished the Firewalker DLC missions, got Grunt, and did the Horizon mission. Around 14 hours in so far.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep.

Plus there's no reason to play ME3 right at launch if you haven't played ME2.

Take your time and finish ME2 so you have the full story/character experience and can import into ME3.

I made some more progress in my ME2 replay last night. Finished the Firewalker DLC missions, got Grunt, and did the Horizon mission. Around 14 hours in so far.[/QUOTE]

We're about in parallel. I've done every mission available to me and now sit at the horizon mission on insanity. I'm not looking forward to it. On one hand, I think the collector particle beam is my favorite heavy weapon, so that's good. However, I know that the final fight of that mission in the courtyard is a giant pain in the ass.

[quote name='The Crotch']What class are you using, and are you on a New Game+? If so, what's your extra weapon?[/QUOTE]

I played Infiltrator on PS3 to mix up after playing through twice on 360 as a soldier. New game+. Have all store upgrades and all upgrades found on missions, I think... honestly the only mission I skipped is that bullshit one with the crates and the 3 YMIR mechs.
I think my extra weapon is the black widow, but I also have an upgraded SMG from Kasumi's loyalty mission. I just redid my skill points to give myself warp ammo, which should be baller for dealing with asshole collectors. My cloak is an assassination cloak, I just need to remember to cloak before I pop and shoot with the widow for that 75% extra damage.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Depending on how successful you want to be (ie how many people survive ME 2) then yes it can be done in under 40 hours. Probably anywhere from 15-30. But beware, if you do it too fast then your save will not be able to be imported into ME 3 because it have a now impossible outcome and you'll have to use whatever defaults are available for ME 3.[/QUOTE]

I finished me2 in like 15 hours and everyone survived. What's is this business about not being able to import into me3?.

Right, I did Insanity with a New Game+ soldier using the widow rifle and adrenaline rush.

As for Horizon?

1: You can pick off at least one of the scions before the fight starts by shooting them through the big open doorway.
2: The little wagon thing immediately to the left of the entrance is a great place to hide yourself and your squad. It's quite safe from husks, and the first wave or two of collectors won't even approach it. It gets dangerous once they start dropping in in a steady stream, but it is doable entirely from that location.
3: The praetorian fight is very much a struggle against the AI - keeping yourself safe and chipping away at the boss while keeping your squadmates from trying to put their pants on after their shoes. The praetorian likes to do his asshole ground attack barrier recharge thing any time you or one of your squadmates gets too close, which wouldn't be too bad - just tell your squadmates to go somewhere out of the way - but they're actually tethered to you, and if you get too far from them, they will forget their orders and try to catch up because fuck. When you're running circuits around the arena, it's best to keep them a few steps ahead of you so that they're never looping underneath the praetorian.
4: Do you have the incisor sniper rifle? It's a pretty shit gun, but squadmates are godly with it. It's the only weapon that doesn't do reduced damage in the hands of a squadmate. They're also great at connecting headshots with the full burst, not just the first shot.
5: Habu snakes can have sex for over 24 hours straight.

[quote name='The Crotch']Right, I did Insanity with a New Game+ soldier using the widow rifle and adrenaline rush.

As for Horizon?

1: You can pick off at least one of the scions before the fight starts by shooting them through the big open doorway.
2: The little wagon thing immediately to the left of the entrance is a great place to hide yourself and your squad. It's quite safe from husks, and the first wave or two of collectors won't even approach it. It gets dangerous once they start dropping in in a steady stream, but it is doable entirely from that location.
3: The praetorian fight is very much a struggle against the AI - keeping yourself safe and chipping away at the boss while keeping your squadmates from trying to put their pants on after their shoes. The praetorian likes to do his asshole ground attack barrier recharge thing any time you or one of your squadmates gets too close, which wouldn't be too bad - just tell your squadmates to go somewhere out of the way - but they're actually tethered to you, and if you get too far from them, they will forget their orders and try to catch up because fuck. When you're running circuits around the arena, it's best to keep them a few steps ahead of you so that they're never looping underneath the praetorian.
4: Do you have the incisor sniper rifle? It's a pretty shit gun, but squadmates are godly with it. It's the only weapon that doesn't do reduced damage in the hands of a squadmate. They're also great at connecting headshots with the full burst, not just the first shot.
5: Habu snakes can have sex for over 24 hours straight.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the Incisor sniper rifle is, so I'm guessing no? Was it DLC or something?
Also, I'm seeing online recommended party is Zaeed and Miranda. I normally roll with Miranda and Wrex/Garrus unless I need something else, but in this case, the logic makes sense. There should be few enemies with barrier, but if they are, Miranda should be enough -- Zaeed's inferno grenade and concussion shot should help with armor and barriers on the collectors, I think, plus he rolls with the assault rifles and I'm rocking squad warp ammo.

Let's see how it goes.

What do you recommend for a default heavy weapon? I've switched to the arc projector for now...

Incisor's a DLC rifle, yeah. Fires in three round bursts. Horrible to use, but Garrus, Legion, Thane, and Zaeed are crazy with it.

Miranda and Zaeed are alright. I... don't really like Zaeed. Inferno grenade is pretty lame, but with no AP ammo unlocked, Garrus is no better off in that mission. Kasumi's alright in the pre-praetorian-fight segment. Jack, Jacob, and Mordin are pretty bad on Insanity. Not-Wrex is useful for his sheer tankiness. And there are a shitload of barriers. All collectors use barriers, plus the Praetorian has barriers all up in that bitch. It's shields you don't see on Horizon.

So basically, Miranda plus guest. Grunt, Zaeed, and Kasumi: left-to-right in durability, right-to-left in useful powers.

Arc projector and collector beam are easily the best heavies. Grenade launcher would be better if if didn't have that weird auto-aim crap. Arc is better in most missions, but the beam easily outclasses it here. The collector-ship-machine gun that soldiers can get is probably the single best weapon against the Praetorian because its bullshit accuracy isn't a liability for once, but that's not an option for you.

[quote name='distgfx']Joel, how much do you normally pay for an engagement ring?[/QUOTE]
With the deal I had cut with my man in the ring business it was around $217 after fees and the like. All of them were pretty simple, though. The one I'm currently designing will cost a good bit more.

I'm not going to be proposing to this girl for a while because we don't want to rush things. We've already planned the names for our kids and stuff, though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']With the deal I had cut with my man in the ring business it was around $217 after fees and the like. All of them were pretty simple, though. The one I'm currently designing will cost a good bit more.

I'm not going to be proposing to this girl for a while because we don't want to rush things. We've already planned the names for our kids and stuff, though.[/QUOTE]

Bruce and Wayne and Barbara? :lol: j/k

I've always been partial to the name Ethan. THat's about the only name I know of that I would like to use. Maybe something like Ethan Edwin -- carry on the matching first and middle initial tradition.

Who knows if I'll ever have kids though. :rofl:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Bruce and Wayne and Barbara? :lol: j/k

I've always been partial to the name Ethan. THat's about the only name I know of that I would like to use. Maybe something like Ethan Edwin -- carry on the matching first and middle initial tradition.

Who knows if I'll ever have kids though. :rofl:[/QUOTE]I like the name Ethan. I'm actually very partial to the names Aries Carter and Isis Autumn, myself. I plan on having a few kids. At least 3, maybe 5. After I've had enough I plan on getting fixed so I can enjoy it raw for the rest of my life.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Joel is fucking trolling me, right? This is an elaborate ruse to make me kill myself, yeah?[/QUOTE]
I could be ;)

[quote name='BlueScrote']I finished me2 in like 15 hours and everyone survived. What's is this business about not being able to import into me3?.[/QUOTE]

In the worst ending in ME2....
Shepherd dies, so you have no character to import.

[quote name='The Crotch']More important is the fact that you're focusing on magic, though. Destruction magic is terrible in Skyrim. I mean, it starts off just fine, but its scaling is terrible - melee combat and archery have perks and enchantments that boost damage, but magic mostly has stuff that lowers cost, so killing things with pure destruction magic gets to be a huge pain in the ass as the game goes on. The fact that spells become progressively harder to use as they become more advanced doesn't help, either.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, I dropped destruction magic pretty quick -- I think I only got the perks for through adept magic, I think...[/QUOTE]

I think all the elements have a skill tier for boosting their damage (not sure if you mean that those aren't good enough boosts compared to ones you get from weapons). Overall the only issue I've had so far is that I still go through mana fairly fast even though I have fairly high regen, at which point I switch to sword and shield, haha. I think I'll still stick with it though, I'm enjoying it, and I here the dual-cast stagger ability is fairly awesome.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Well you've succeeded and I'll see you all in hell dicks[/QUOTE]
You won't be seeing me! I've made a deal to be granted access to Heaven no matter what I do as long as I die within the next 47 years.

[quote name='ihadFG']No.[/QUOTE]
You're just jealous that they're both awesomer than Joshua DesuDesu Feignberg!

[quote name='icebeast']I think all the elements have a skill tier for boosting their damage (not sure if you mean that those aren't good enough boosts compared to ones you get from weapons). Overall the only issue I've had so far is that I still go through mana fairly fast even though I have fairly high regen. I think I'll still stick with it though, I'm enjoying it, and I here the dual-cast stagger ability is fairly awesome.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, those boosts... they don't scale well at all. And you're not getting damage bonuses from smithing or enchanting, which is pretty damn big. Once you get fairly high level, you'll find that you have effectively infinite magicka, but you're using an uncharged mega buster against the Guts Dozer. And again, higher level spells become increasingly niche - from the reliable stream to the harder-to-aim-but-still-decent bolt to the hope-your-follower-isn't-nearby splash damage to the fuck you you're never going to use this except maybe Lightning Storm and you have to use the ethereal shout first just so you don't die of the top-tier spells.

I use this mod, but there are plenty others to choose from.

ok, time to do the bullshit second half of this horizon mission. it's not going to be pretty... the collector ship (part 1) is also on my "dreading it" list.

I don't know if I'm ever going to go back to do that bullshit mission with the 3 YMIR mechs destroying crates... I kept dying only taking out 1 in the process... maybe it's better with warp ammo -- maybe it's better once I have all the upgrades, but for now, fuck it dead.

Scorpion King 3 is highly entertaining. It's basically a buddy cop movie with a plot that makes zero sense and random shit just happens.

They get ambushed by bandits while fighting each other, bandits shrug and take their stuff and leave. They catch up to the bandits at night, beat their asses, throw a few of them in a fire, and the scene ends with a bunch of bandits ON FIRE running for the hills. It's hilarious.

Also lol @ this.

Chink-in-the-armor.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I like the name Ethan. I'm actually very partial to the names Aries Carter and Isis Autumn, myself. I plan on having a few kids. At least 3, maybe 5. After I've had enough I plan on getting fixed so I can enjoy it raw for the rest of my life.

I could be ;)[/QUOTE]

Yet another facepalm from a Joel post. There's a shocker.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yet another facepalm from a Joel post. There's a shocker.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. What ever happened to normal ass names like George and Betty and shit. People need to stop naming their kids dumb ass shit. fuck YOU ROBERT DOWNEY JUNIOR!!!

Jim you should bring back the CAG interviews

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']Agreed. What ever happened to normal ass names like George and Betty and shit. People need to stop naming their kids dumb ass shit. fuck YOU ROBERT DOWNEY JUNIOR!!![/QUOTE]

Hey now, mine are normal. They're just not common anymore.

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']Agreed. What ever happened to normal ass names like George and Betty and shit. People need to stop naming their kids dumb ass shit. fuck YOU ROBERT DOWNEY JUNIOR!!!

Jim you should bring back the CAG interviews[/QUOTE]
Aries is a cool name.

fuck you.

[quote name='dmaul1114']In the worst ending in ME2....
Shepherd dies, so you have no character to import.
[/QUOTE]

Ah that makes sense

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Aries is a cool name.
[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Aries is a cool name.

fuck you.[/QUOTE]

Ares is a cool name if you're in fact the god of war.

Aries is a cool name if you want your kid to hate you and get beat up.

[quote name='distgfx']Only if his first interview is Joel.[/QUOTE]
I'd be down for it. :cool:

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']Ares is a cool name if you're in fact the god of war.

Aries is a cool name if you want your kid to hate you and get beat up.[/QUOTE]
I was named after a Prophet of God and a Cowboy played by Laurence Fishburne, so I think that I can name my kid whatever the hell I please.

Also, the chances of a child of mine being beat up is next to nothing. Kid's going to be fucking 7 feet tall with the strength of 10 Siege Elephants! While that probably doesn't guarantee that he won't get into fights, I know that my height has always been the reason that people don't mess with me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'd be down for it. :cool:

I was named after a Prophet of God and a Cowboy played by Laurence Fishburne, so I think that I can name my kid whatever the hell I please.

Also, the chances of a child of mine being beat up is next to nothing. Kid's going to be fucking 7 feet tall with the strength of 10 Siege Elephants! While that probably doesn't guarantee that he won't get into fights, I know that my height has always been the reason that people don't mess with me.[/QUOTE]

You were gonna name a dude that?! OHHHH LAWWWD

I literally laughed out loud at siege elephants. Well done sir :applause:

It's a shame that Joel wants to name the boy after the zodiac sign instead of the god of war.
I mean... how awesome would KratosDad be when the kid misbehaves? AREEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!
It will *sound* the same, but it won't be the same... Joel will know he's fradulent. :lol:

KratosDad better than AngryDad in every way. KratosDad better than AngryDad in every other way.

--

Hmmm, Jack or Jacob's loyalty mission next?

lolwut, normal names are boring. who has a kid and is like...."HOLY fuck I LOVE THE NAME JOHN."

me and my 7 siblings are all named after the bible =[

El Shaddai is so damn weird so far..but pretty fun.

In my first hour or so, here's what I have encountered...

- Super serious angels escape from heaven and must be destroyed story.
- Time hopping Lucifer who casually chats with God on his phone and is also your save point.
- Adorable blobby creatures who also happen to be cannibals who will destroy humanity if they keep eating eachother.
- 2nd level looks like Alien Future Japan Summer Olympics Opening Ceremonies but with Lion King music.

The combat is better than I was expecting though it seems like there's not that much to it as I've already been told that I've gotten all of the available weapons. Has kind of a Rock, Paper, Scissors thing going on.

Can I do the Arrival DLC mission before I finish the game? Or should I wait until after I beat ME2 on insanity to tackle that?

Like where does it make the most sense based on the "story"?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Can I do the Arrival DLC mission before I finish the game? Or should I wait until after I beat ME2 on insanity to tackle that?

Like where does it make the most sense based on the "story"?[/QUOTE]

after you finish, I think. Is it even available before you finish?

[quote name='heavyd853']after you finish, I think. Is it even available before you finish?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It becomes available immediately after the mission on Horizon. I have it in my quest log and on the map as of right now. I'm half tempted to leave it until I'm done, so I can drop the difficulty off Insanity... :oops:

[quote name='panzerfaust']lolwut, normal names are boring. who has a kid and is like...."HOLY fuck I LOVE THE NAME JOHN."

me and my 7 siblings are all named after the bible =[[/QUOTE]

Is your family messican?

I'm never having kids, so no point in picking out shitty names for them.

My dad wanted to name me Oscar. I'm glad my mom put her foot down on that shit. I may be a grouch and live in the house equivalent of a garbage can, but no way would I want my name to be Oscar. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back