GGT 180 only discusses the latest and greatest iOS/Android games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']YEP!

As someone that has beaten the absolute shit out of that game, I know exactly how much you can accomplish in a playthrough. :cool:

You would have to start up a New Game+ playthrough to get a couple of the trophies unlocked right (the facepaints/camo ones)? I know that's how the 360 version was for the achievements.[/QUOTE]

360 is a bit different since it counts MGS2 achievements. MGS3 on the PS3, only need one play through. Fun note, you can CQC The Boss with the RPG equipped (and with every other weapon aswell).

/edit: MGS3 PS3, 6 hours is more than enough time to get a plat.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Just moved a folder to my desktop. It totally vanished, taking with it all the homework i've done for the past week. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

It's highly unlikely that the files just deleted themselves. I don't know if you still have that Macbook or have something else but check the trash/recycle bin and just run a deep search for some of the filenames.

[quote name='panzerfaust']winding down with some budlight

platinum
[/QUOTE]

How is the platinum? I'm not gonna lie the bottle looks pretty sweet. I enjoyed some Shock Top last night.

[quote name='KingBroly']I beat Rayman Origins. This game really falls on its' face, chipping all of its' teeth in the process at the end.

And that's before the 25-minute long credit sequence.[/QUOTE]

It's taking me forever to get through the game, but this is my impression also. At first I was excited to play a 2D platformer that looked great, then that was reduced to playing a 2D platformer devoid of shakes and motion, then it was just a way to unwind. Right now all I can say is that I like the music, I guess?

I'm just kind of hovering around, button presses don't seem to register as they should. It's annoying in a platformer, controllin shit should be tight.

It's definitely an overrated title. Not a bad one, just not the innovator it was made to be. It's a decent platformer with really good looks. I don't think it was a huge cash grab to release it at full price rather than as a download (which is what pisses off some people) -- I mean, Ubisoft definitely put work into the game.

Besides, it crashed in price so fast, did anyone actually pay full MSRP? I got it for $20 at TRU a few weeks to a month after its release.

[quote name='dothog']It's taking me forever to get through the game, but this is my impression also. At first I was excited to play a 2D platformer that looked great, then that was reduced to playing a 2D platformer devoid of shakes and motion, then it was just a way to unwind. Right now all I can say is that I like the music, I guess?

I'm just kind of hovering around, button presses don't seem to register as they should. It's annoying in a platformer, controllin shit should be tight.

It's definitely an overrated title. Not a bad one, just not the innovator it was made to be. It's a decent platformer with really good looks. I don't think it was a huge cash grab to release it at full price rather than as a download (which is what pisses off some people) -- I mean, Ubisoft definitely put work into the game.

Besides, it crashed in price so fast, did anyone actually pay full MSRP? I got it for $20 at TRU a few weeks to a month after its release.[/QUOTE]

I thought inputs not working was just me to be honest. As a platformer it definitely is annoying, particularly later on when you
can run on walls and you have to change directions. Sometimes you fall off in the process.

I also got it at TRU for $20 a few weeks after release, so I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for it.

Continued playing FFXIII-2. They've just started to lose their minds, I think. I sort of want to see where it goes.

[quote name='j-cart']360 is a bit different since it counts MGS2 achievements. MGS3 on the PS3, only need one play through. Fun note, you can CQC The Boss with the RPG equipped (and with every other weapon aswell).

/edit: MGS3 PS3, 6 hours is more than enough time to get a plat.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I need to pick up the PS3 version. I'd love to get the plat for it.

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought inputs not working was just me to be honest. As a platformer it definitely is annoying, particularly later on when you
can run on walls and you have to change directions. Sometimes you fall off in the process.

I also got it at TRU for $20 a few weeks after release, so I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for it.

Continued playing FFXIII-2. They've just started to lose their minds, I think. I sort of want to see where it goes.[/QUOTE]

Same with me.

It was especially annoying in the second to last stage, where your timing has to be flawless.

[quote name='j-cart']Played the shit out of it.[/QUOTE]

Thought so.

[quote name='jello44']Same with me.

It was especially annoying in the second to last stage, where your timing has to be flawless.[/QUOTE]

The demo made it seem like the controls weren't as good/tight as Super Meat Boy's, which sounds like it would make perfect platforming annoying.

[quote name='j-cart']Played the shit out of it.

/edit: Hank, I'm not that AZN.

/MGSedit: did you know that it is possible to platinum MGS3 (HD collection) in a single play through?[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is you're amazing at it?

[quote name='BlueScrote']
How is the platinum? I'm not gonna lie the bottle looks pretty sweet. I enjoyed some Shock Top last night.[/QUOTE]

I like it, tastes fine and it's pretty strong for the price.

So I started the Dragons Dogma demo by picking up some dude that was next to me and then throwing him into a wall. I then grabbed him from behind and proceeded to molest him before kicking him off a cliff.

Game seems fuckin sweet.

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought inputs not working was just me to be honest. As a platformer it definitely is annoying, particularly later on when you

Continued playing FFXIII-2. They've just started to lose their minds, I think. I sort of want to see where it goes.[/QUOTE]

I traded FF 13-2 to get House of the Dead: Overkill plus a little extra as I figured I'd trade it while it was still high value for 3 reasons.

1. Getting a good, used copy of Overkill was going to be hard and finding it cheap new would be hard also (missed the 2-hour NewEgg sale)

2. Discovering that I have to start grinding when I reach the 4th boss in the game even though I have been killing almost every monster put in front me really pissed me off which leads to No. 3

3. I still have numerous RPG's I haven't played (WKC 1/2, Tales of Graces f, Amalur, Fallout: NV) and ones I have started but not completed (Deus Ex, Fallout 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Fable 2) plus I figure there's going to be some type of GotY edition for 13-2 given how much DLC is out and still coming out for it so I'm going to wait to rebuy it (got it w/BB @Gamer coupon for $15 and traded it for $26.)

And that's just the RPG backlog on the current consoles, I don't talk about backlog for the PS2 and Gamecube ...

[quote name='panzerfaust']I didn't have to paradigm shift until the last boss. Shit was too easy.

XIII is the manlier game.[/QUOTE]

People tell me that then I think about the 20 times the boss in Chapter 3.1 just before you meet
Hope
killed me and that pisses me off even more. Like Jeff Jarrett pissed off. :)

lol i have heard stories of people having an under powered party in XIII-2, so i wouldn't say you're lying. it's just very weird because i despise grinding and never once went out of my way to do anything extra, but somehow i could Com/Rav/Rav every boss in the game.

i think i went to Sunleth Waterscape early, and that gave me a lot of CP. i was also only focusing on 1-2 roles for most of the game.

I was just listening to The Flaming Lips earlier today, and just now Twitter suggested I follow Wayne Coyne (the lead singer) on Twitter. How the hell does it know?

[quote name='ihadFG']Happy Birthday icebeast! I hope the movies you have been watching today were as terrible as you hoped they would be.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh, so we watched almost all of them:

Catwomen - My god this movie is awful, but it was easy enough to make fun of that we could laugh our way through it.

Clash of the Titans - Hank was right, this movie isn't super terrible, but it is suprisingly enjoyable because of the high speed pacing and the fact that many of the scenes feel like they were made for a video game (the scorpion shield is indeed great).

Then we had an intermission and went out for pizza in downtown Berkeley. We though about seeing The Cabin in the Woods (well I did, he was unsure since he doesn't like horror) but there wasn't a movie theater that was easy to get to without a car that was playing it. After that we went back to my place and watched:

Sailor Moon Episode 1 - My friend picked this of the anime I had since he didn't want to watch anything that required a commitment, and it was fun, I still really like that show (I think he finds it funny though, and I certainly think it's amusing, but I think the silliness makes it better).

Green Lantern - My god this movie is awful, the pacing isn't all that good, the battles aren't exciting, and well the major detractor is that like 90% of the movie is 3D renders with the occasional actual living person in the screen (but usually spliced over with a fake suit). Not really all that funny either.

Oh and yesterday I got my ears pierced, overall it was an awesome birthday weekend!

--

Also, we saw you get on your PS3 Josh and my friend says he thinks he's a bigger Radiohead fan than you, but then he amended that to say that he is if you haven't been to a concert, since he hasn't made it to one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
552779_3543721909057_1152750142_32950942_1420455300_n.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']Thought so.
[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[quote name='BlueScrote']So what you're saying is you're amazing at it?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, but then again it has been like 2 months since I have personally played it. FG community is well beyond what the QA team is able to do.

MGS3 on the other hand, I'm amazing at.

[quote name='panzerfaust']
552779_3543721909057_1152750142_32950942_1420455300_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

OH NO!

HAPPY BDAY ICEBEEZY! ENJOY IT!

[quote name='distgfx']Does this mean you can hook me up with a free code for the game on PSN?[/QUOTE]

HAH! Not even I get free codes...

I really hope the combat in Torchlight 2 feels meatier than the original. The jump in combat feel from D1->2->3 is impressive, so I hope it's something similar.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I may be down for the group pack, as I might play both games. Let me know if there's room.[/QUOTE]

I believe Hank already has his 4 pack settled. I'll go ahead and start another one.

1. j-cart
2. panzerfaust

[quote name='ihadFG']Torchlight II is sounding good.

So Hank, when are we going to buy the group pack?[/QUOTE]
When it's closer to release probably. Or next week, whatever works for y'all.

[quote name='j-cart']I believe Hank already has his 4 pack settled. I'll go ahead and start another one.

1. j-cart
2. panzerfaust
4.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my 4 pack is me, Joshykins, his boyfriend, and Icebeast, if I do remember correctly. . .

[quote name='j-cart']I believe Hank already has his 4 pack settled. I'll go ahead and start another one.

1. j-cart
2. panzerfaust
4.[/QUOTE]

I'm in

1. j-cart
2. panzerfaust
3. BlueScrote

Just finished the first Jak and Daxter in the collection. Getting the platinum trophy just requires collecting everything and beating the game (ie. what I do with most platformers), so now I have my second platinum trophy.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'm in

1. j-cart
2. panzerfaust
3. BlueScrote
4.[/QUOTE]

Keep a spot open for gunm until he gets here, I think he wanted in.

Thanks so much for the document reading game Josh! It put a smile on my face on a day that has otherwise been extremely unnerving and sad.

[quote name='ihadFG']so now I have my second platinum trophy.[/QUOTE]

What's the first?

[quote name='gunm']Thanks uraizen. Yeah I might be in for that last spot. But I think it's only a $5 savings?[/QUOTE]

And you get the first Torchlight as well cuz who doesn't already have that game?

I don't.

[quote name='Indignate']Dude. Yes.

Heard about them through their split with Tigers Jaw. Saw them and La Dispute earlier this month. That show was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Dude, how awesome was that show? I went last night.

God damn I hate Tribes players.

What's that? Blue team has a goalie and red doesn't? fuck, I guess I'd better join the blue team as a goalie! What's that? He doesn't need a partner, he needs someone to play medium defence for him because the enemy juggernaut has been sitting on the hill unopposed for the past three fucking minutes?

Nah, I'm gonna sit here in this mortar spam. That seems like a great fucking idea.

[quote name='Indignate']What's the first?
[/QUOTE]

lol, Heavy Rain. The reason I have a platinum in it is because I was visiting my parents and got snowed in with no other games. My plan was to play Bioshock 2 during that time, but due to the extreme weather conditions, the mail (with my copy of Bioshock 2) was delayed a few days.

I also have all the trophies in Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, but for some reason that game doesn't have a platinum even though it's a full disc-based retail game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back