GGT 185 gives bad tips

I don't play many games from Japan, so I would say my favorite games from Japan this generation are Lost Odyssey, Dragon Quest IX, Pokemon Black and White and Chrono Trigger (would that even count?).

As for the Bayonetta debate, I would have be in the minority, I suppose, and say I think it is overrated. It is better than both NG2 and DMC4, but I had a lot more enjoyment playing those broken ass games over Bayonetta. Art, music, character and level design go a long way in a game for me, and DMC4 and NG2 had all of those. Bayonetta had some really awful level design, and the motorcycle levels were pretty bad. That being said, I still wouldn't mind a sequel at some point.

I'm with Itagaki when it comes to game design. Gameplay comes first and everything else is second. Now check out the games I've listed. All excellent gameplay with some of their other things being questionable or subjectively good/bad.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I downloaded Space Marine in 27 minutes last night on PSN. Holy shit that is the fastest I have ever downloaded anything in my life.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty impressive. PSN always downloads slow as molasses for me.

I don't know what it was about Space Marine, but I never wanted to play it. I forced myself to get about halfway through before I got rid of it.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is fun as hell. Except for that fucking flying worm snake fucking boss fuck in the NY underground subway area. fuck that fucking fucker right in his fucking ass.

I liked NGS2 better only because it's finished. But I will admit that NG2 had more fun moments like the Trials of Valor (the best parts of the game), the Windmill Shuriken, and...well that's about it. The 3 additional stages in NGS2 were pretty good IMO. Also, they didn't have the stupid Armadillo or Double Armadillo fight.

[quote name='KingBroly']Armadillo[/QUOTE]

That fight was one of the greatest moments I have ever experienced in gaming.

[quote name='icebeast']I had to look over my collection of games, but I'm confident that my favorite game from Japan this gen is:
I think I put 100+ hours into this game, and had a total blast playing with one of my friends online.

Monster_Hunter_Tri_Box_Art.jpg

And my most hated game that I bought this gen:
I almost never trade games in, but this game was so bad I didn't want to ever see it again, I traded it in and got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP.

0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I really wanted to like Cross Edge but it was terrible. I tried several times, but just could not get into monster hunter the combat felt ridiculously clunky to me.

Whoknows thinks all remakes are automatically terrible and won't even give them the time of day.

Some would call him a film snob.

Got my Steam Wishlist in order for the Summer Sale. Although I still think I have games I haven't played since the last summer sale.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm gong to remake Lord of the Rings.[/QUOTE]

You should also remake the original Star Wars trilogy while you're at it. Not like remakes could be any worse than the originals.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm going to need it. I'm casting myself as Gandalf, Josh as frodo, Joel as Rudy, Mikey and Uraizen as the other two hobbits.[/QUOTE]

I think you should replace Uraizen with Bri Bri. That way Pip and Mary can be a couple of guidos.

Then Uraizen could be Aragorn.

Frost as Gimli
icebeast as Legolas
and whoknows as Gollum

Dude, I'm 6'1", almost 200 pounds. We're gonna need some fucking incredible CGI to make me look like a hobbit.
If josh is Frodo, I have to be the ring. So that way I can be on him at all times.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think you should replace Uraizen with Bri Bri. That way Pip and Mary can be a couple of guidos.

Frost as Gimli
icebeast as Legolas
and whoknows as Gollum[/QUOTE]

Why am I a dwarf?! Bastard.
I suppose there's worse, but if I'm supposed to be a good guy, I'd vote Boromir or Eomer.
Ideally, you can put me down as the Witch-King of Angmar.

[quote name='linkpwns']Dude, I'm 6'1", almost 200 pounds. We're gonna need some fucking incredible CGI to make me look like a hobbit.[/QUOTE]

No CGI, we will just never explain why there is a 6'1'' 200 pound hobbit.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Why am I a dwarf?! Bastard.
I suppose there's worse, but if I'm supposed to be a good guy, I'd vote Boromir or Eomer.
Ideally, you can put me down as the Witch-King of Angmar.[/QUOTE]

I was tryin' to give you a good role! Gimli is awesome! But if you insist, you can be Boromir. You gotta be on the good guy team.

We need a new Gimli now though...

Also, since whoknows is Gollum, Indignate must be Smeagol.

[quote name='Erad30']I tried several times, but just could not get into monster hunter the combat felt ridiculously clunky to me.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't personally call the combat clunky, it's just that the game focuses a lot more on correct positioning to do damage and dodge attacks, rather than having all the positioning controlled automatically by the game. But, I know some people just can't get into it. If I had to say the one thing I kind of dislike about Monster Hunter, it's that once you finish killing all the monsters and beat a special one, you then get to face + versions of the same monsters that are scaled up in power and with a new attack or two, it's around there where you start feeling how much of a grind the MH games can be.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think you should replace Uraizen with Bri Bri. That way Pip and Mary can be a couple of guidos.

Frost as Gimli
icebeast as Legolas

Legolas wouldn't be a bad casting for me, but I would probably take Eowyn over him (girls that pretend to be guys are awesome).

[quote name='icebeast']
Legolas wouldn't be a bad casting for me, but I would probably take Eowyn over him (girls that pretend to be guys are awesome).[/QUOTE]

That did cross my mind, but I was trying to stick to the main cast.

Frost as Gimli
icebeast as Legolas

I don't know who any of these characters are.

[quote name='gunm']
I liked Demon's Souls more than Dark Souls, so your opinion is wrong. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Honestly it has more to do with me having more time to play Dark Souls when it came out as opposed to how busy I was when Demon's Souls came out.

But Dark Souls is available on Xbox so that makes it better. :p

[quote name='BlueScrote']I think I've lost most of my will to play D3 after hitting the massive gear-check wall in inferno.[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right. Hello SWTOR again.

I'll probably pick it up again some time down the line. Or if my friends bug me enough. I just don't have the patience playing the AH to get money so my Barb doesn't get butt raped by every elite pack in act 1.

Finally finished DKCR today. Final boss took my 33 lives to beat. Feels bad man.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
Finally finished DKCR today. Final boss took my 33 lives to beat. Feels bad man.[/QUOTE]

DKCR as in Donkey Kong Country Returns?

If so, I might have to give it a shot. Unless the deaths were do to poorly-implemented motion controls.

Reading the latest Game Informer is damn depressing. Too much talking about new graphics engines, social media, sequels to games, shooters, etc. The only thing I found encouraging is reading that the creators of Disgaea are making an action RPG. ("The Witch And The Hundred Knights")

Yup I'm pretty sure the only reason it survives is it's connection to gamestop, it's too bad they couldn't have just bought an awesome magazine like Gamefan...

[quote name='Halo05']DKCR as in Donkey Kong Country Returns?

If so, I might have to give it a shot. Unless the deaths were do to poorly-implemented motion controls.[/QUOTE]

The motion controls are kind of frustrating, I really wasn't impressed with the controls (ducking in particular seems kind of spotty). Pulling off the rolling long jumps is a bit tougher than previous DKC games due to the shake-to-roll mechanic.

Mostly I'm just rusty with tough platformers though.

[quote name='BlueScrote']The motion controls are kind of frustrating, I really wasn't impressed with the controls (ducking in particular seems kind of spotty). Pulling off the rolling long jumps is a bit tougher than previous DKC games due to the shake-to-roll mechanic.

Mostly I'm just rusty with tough platformers though.[/QUOTE]

It's 30 now, if it drops to 20, I'll probably bite. Hell, I bit on Other M for (I think) 15 so what the hell do I know?

bread's done
Back