GGT #20 suggests that you blow it before inserting

Damn, my triple just froze up for the second time while I was playing FFXIII. It hasn't froze up like that in a very long time. I hope it wasn't caused by the FW patch, because I really haven't played it much since I downloaded and installed that the other day. Anyone else have this problem recently?

WOOO!! I love the smell of new GGT in the morning!

I recently got my bestfriend in the world back so I've been playing co-op on just about everything the past couple of days. We played Gears 2 for like, 2 hours yesterday and then we played lots of L4D2. It's been great! We're starting to play L4D1 some now.

Yeah. I usually blow it once or twice before I go out on a hot date, for fear of blasting off too soon when the time comes.

[quote name='Krymner']Damn, my triple just froze up for the second time while I was playing FFXIII. It hasn't froze up like that in a very long time. I hope it wasn't caused by the FW patch, because I really haven't played it much since I downloaded and installed that the other day. Anyone else have this problem recently?[/QUOTE]

No problems since the upgrade to 3.30. I had a weird reboot happen while trying to quit GTA4 after it autostarted on 3.21, but that was about it.

----

From the last GGT:

When was the last time any of you played condemned? I don't think it's aged well. I think I played through in late 2009. Average at best. People bitch about next-gen games being all browns and greys, but all Condemned had was dark. Finished it, but didn't really like it. Definitely didn't enjoy it. And was absolutely pissed when it gypped me out of those 2 or3 achievements.

I also concur with your buying schedule for May. My next purchase (and seemingly last for a few months) is SSFIV on Tuesday.

Playing some SF4 in anticipation of SSF4.

Analog nubs were the best thing to happen for the full circle motion specials.

[quote name='manthing']Playing some SF4 in anticipation of SSF4.

Analog nubs were the best thing to happen for the full circle motion specials.[/QUOTE]

Zangief?

What's coming out in May? I'm definitely getting Galaxy 2 and probably Trauma Team... but is there anything else? I was going to get 3D Dot Heroes until some of the reviews came out...

[quote name='Chacrana']What's coming out in May? I'm definitely getting Galaxy 2 and probably Trauma Team... but is there anything else? I was going to get 3D Dot Heroes until some of the reviews came out...[/QUOTE]

The side scrolling levels of Galaxy 2 make me want to play it. But I don't want to have to deal with the 3d gameplay to get to them. So I'll probably skip it.

I finished it for the first time last week and it was only slightly above average in my opinion. It was interesting to see how far graphics have come within this generation.

The department store fucked me up back in... I think late 2008 but other than that, I wasn't too impressed. I didn't get a 360 until Oblivion came out. I don't think I missed much.

[quote name='Halo05']The department store fucked me up back in... I think late 2008 but other than that, I wasn't too impressed. I didn't get a 360 until Oblivion came out. I don't think I missed much.[/QUOTE]

Games that had come out prior to me getting a 360 that were excellent?

Dead Rising
Crackdown
Gears of War
BioShock

When did the 360 launch? November 2005?
Yeah, I think that's it... there may be a couple I haven't gotten to yet, but those are the ones I've played and can for sure say were excellent.

There are too many games coming in May.

I'll be buying:
Picross 3D
3D Dot Game Heroes
Alan Wake
Mario Galaxy 2

And I'm also interested in buying eventually:
Dementium II
Lost Planet 2
Red Dead Redemption
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Split Second
Blur

And probably more

[quote name='ihadFG']There are too many games coming in May.

I'll be buying:
Picross 3D
3D Dot Game Heroes
Alan Wake
Mario Galaxy 2

Dementium II
Lost Planet 2
Red Dead Redemption
Split Second
Blur

And probably more[/QUOTE]

Wow. I might be a jaded old man, but hell if I'm only probably going to play Alan Wake from that list. Maybe 3D dot heroes if it gets cheap and the reviews are outrageously good; same for the PoP reboot. From what I've seen of that, I already prefer the 2008 reboot to it. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']same for the PoP reboot. From what I've seen of that, I already prefer the 2008 reboot to it. :([/QUOTE]

Same here. I know I'm in the minority, but I even prefer the 2008 game to the original trilogy.

Oh, Alan Wake's out next month? Might get that, depending on what the buzz is a week or so after release. It looked like a woefully unpolished RE4 last time I saw it and I honestly think it's going to be a huge disappointment, but uhm... it'd be cool if it's good. Still kinda miffed about the no PC release thing, though.

I think May is going to be a good month to play games instead of buy them.

i finished left 4 dead 2 last night, to bad it was on easy and i don't think i can beat it on normal -.-

[quote name='Chacrana']What's coming out in May? I'm definitely getting Galaxy 2 and probably Trauma Team... but is there anything else? I was going to get 3D Dot Heroes until some of the reviews came out...[/QUOTE]I'm still getting 3D Dot Heroes regardless.

[quote name='ihadFG']There are too many games coming in May.

I'll be buying:
Picross 3D
3D Dot Game Heroes
Alan Wake
Mario Galaxy 2

Dementium II
Lost Planet 2
Red Dead Redemption
Split Second
Blur

And probably more[/QUOTE]I'm getting SMG2 and 3D Dot Heroes. I might get Split Second and Blur one day. My co-worker wants me to get Red Dead Redemption. Lost Planet 2 I'm getting.

My list goes (preordered):
3D Dot Heroes
Hexyz Force (might switch preorder to GS, from Amazon)
Lost Planet 2 (might switch preorder to GS, from Amazon)
ModNation Racers
Super Mario Galaxy 2
What did I do to deserve this my lord?

Have not yet preordered, but will:
ModNation Racers PSP

Possible buys sometime:
Blur
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
Split Second

and more.

I'm really considering getting Alan Wake. The limited edition just sounds so bad ass with it's whole linen "looking like a hardcover" book thing. But sheesh, that $79 price tag is disappointing. I was hoping to use the SMG2 credit on there, but that comes out after Alan Wake, so the only extra credit I'll have is from SSF4, and $70 for it still sounds high.

[quote name='seanr1221']Mario Galaxy 2 for sure, SSFIV/3d Heroes and RDR if I have time next month. If not, I'll just wait until June/July.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be having a Ken grudge match in SSFIV this week. >.

Am I supposed to be turning off all the switches, and shooting out all the lights in Splinter Cell? Or is there actually a way to be stealthy without doing so?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm still getting 3D Dot Heroes regardless.

I'm getting SMG2 and 3D Dot Heroes. I might get Split Second and Blur one day. My co-worker wants me to get Red Dead Redemption. Lost Planet 2 I'm getting.

My list goes (preordered):
3D Dot Heroes
Hexyz Force (might switch preorder to GS, from Amazon)
Lost Planet 2 (might switch preorder to GS, from Amazon)
ModNation Racers
Super Mario Galaxy 2
What did I do to deserve this my lord?

Have not yet preordered, but will:
ModNation Racers PSP

Possible buys sometime:
Blur
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
Split Second

and more.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize Modnation Racers was coming out so soon. I'll most likely be getting that as well then.

Back to Condemned, I last played it in 2006, and I liked it then. Is it something I'd play all the time? No, but it was pretty sweet.

Lost Planet 2, I'll wait for the PC version.

SSFIV on Tuesday. ^_^

I really don't understand the complaints on the reviews for 3D Dot Hero... 7.5-9's is not bad at all for what it is. You guys are acting like it got 2's and 4's lol.

Been playing the hell out of Monster Hunter Tri since I got it. Currently on the 4 star quests, about to go up against Rathian which should be fun.

Didn't you get the memo? 7.5 = total shit now.

I also think that a 10 point scale is, well, pointless. What's the difference between a 4 and a 3? Or a 4.75 and a 5? Nothing. It's still shit. So why have any scores below a 5? Just go 5 point scale. Or something.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Didn't you get the memo? 7.5 = total shit now.

I also think that a 10 point scale is, well, pointless. What's the difference between a 4 and a 3? Or a 4.75 and a 5? Nothing. It's still shit. So why have any scores below a 5? Just go 5 point scale. Or something.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Makes much more sense.

[quote name='dallow']omg omg omg
my phat ps3 came back to life

to make a long story short
i took it to a new guy yesterday, he fixed the power issue (wouldn't turn on after i took it to the other place) and though it didn't have ylod, it wouldn't output video or sound no matter how much he tried (resolder, reflow, etc)

i left it on at home for hours on end, hoping to break it in or something
came home and found it off, strange

turn it on now, and it shows on on my TV!!!!!!

system is still ed though, weird little graphical glitches like icons being distorted and the video output seems to freeze after a few minutes though i can still move the controller and hear the clicks and all that as if it's ok

shit, can i deactivate?
can i install new FW?
will i be able to transfer my ing locked saves?

i'm staying up all night to find out
[/quote]Holy crap it worked.

10 hours later and data transfer is complete.

Locked saves are safe!

:kisses phattie:

You did good PS3.
You did real good.
:tear:

I'll be getting Mario Galaxy 2 and Alan Wake. And I'll probably grab 3D dot heroes since it's only $40. I do want SSF4 but I need to start cutting down on spending. For some reason I went a little overboard this month with my pickups...

[quote name='Lorddraco07']I really don't understand the complaints on the reviews for 3D Dot Hero... 7.5-9's is not bad at all for what it is. You guys are acting like it got 2's and 4's lol.

Been playing the hell out of Monster Hunter Tri since I got it. Currently on the 4 star quests, about to go up against Rathian which should be fun.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to open up Monster Hunter Tri right now finally.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I'll be getting Mario Galaxy 2 and Alan Wake. And I'll probably grab 3D dot heroes since it's only $40. I do want SSF4 but I need to start cutting down on spending. For some reason I went a little overboard this month with my pickups...[/QUOTE]

SSFIV is also only $40. $30 if you preorder to get the bonus credit at amazon. :)

SSF4, Red Dead, and Maybe 3D Dot Game Heroes. Also SMG 2. i like that 3D dot game heroes is supposed to be short.

Finished Metro 2033 today. What a fucking game. I loved it. Tons of glitches and technical problems, but awesome story and loved the graphics and setting.

Does Metro 2033 have any replay value? I've been intrigued since I first heard the premise but it sounds like a rental to me. Sucks that my only Blockbuster went tits up without me hearing about it. God knows how many clearance titles I missed.

For May I *might* get Red Dead Redemption but I should just keep working on stuff I already own.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']SSFIV is also only $40. $30 if you preorder to get the bonus credit at amazon. :)[/QUOTE]
True, but I know I will never touch online in SSFIV...also Seth isn't in 3D dot heroes....fuck Seth.

[quote name='seanr1221']Should have been...

GGT#20...it costs 50.00 and doesn't do weird shit.[/QUOTE]

It's 50 bucks. It doesn't kiss and it doesn't do weird shit. :cool:

My buddy and finished General Knoxx main story line last night. Didn't do the armory glitch, but what we found in there wasn't all that great beyond the monetary value. I'm still using the same 4x fire sniper rifle I picked up the first playthrough just because I haven't found anything better as far as DoT and splash damage ability. :p

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']True, but I know I will never touch online in SSFIV...also Seth isn't in 3D dot heroes....fuck Seth.[/QUOTE]

Bwuh? Why wouldn't you?

I hope there isn't an achievement for beating SSFIV with all 35 characters...that's a lot of arcade mode. if there is, it better be worth more than 15g.

[quote name='gunm'] I'm still using the same 4x fire sniper rifle I picked up the first playthrough just because I haven't found anything better as far as DoT and splash damage ability. :p[/QUOTE]

Strange, me too >;\
I have found a ton of sniper rifles that are pretty damn good as far as Dmg/accuracy. One is 700+ and another 800+.
And I have some backup Maliwan snipers of the other elemental effects.

But really, it's Fire Sniper time. All the time.

bread's done
Back