GGT 213 is now known as GgT, made by Ninja Theory, and is much improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='j-cart']That is not a question.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not.

DMC3 is better than NG all day. That's not saying NG isn't good. DMC3 is just better.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, it's not.

DMC3 is better than NG all day. That's not saying NG isn't good. DMC3 is just better.[/QUOTE]

Frosty has the correct opinion once again.

I gotta say though, I really want MGR to be that game.

Give me an endless mode or monster mode and I will be in combo heaven.

[quote name='j-cart']I gotta say though, I really want MGR to be that game.

Give me an endless mode or monster mode and I will be in combo heaven.[/QUOTE]

I'm so scared to touch the demo because I'm already of the mind that this game will take the throne.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's very scary when we agree.

I thought you liked DmC or DMC2 best, buddy?[/QUOTE]

Those are too good to compare to any other games so I'm fine with you saying the worst game out of the series is better than NGB.

[quote name='j-cart']NGB still retains as the best action combo game I have ever played. MGR could possibly take that title...

More like I WANT it to take that title.

Sorry Crotch, not gonna be 660 bros with yah. Gonna spring for a 7950 or maybe just to say fuck it go with a 7970.[/QUOTE]

Replace "combo" with "combat" and I will agree.

[quote name='distgfx']Replace "combo" with "combat" and I will agree.[/QUOTE]

It can't be the best since Bujingai exists and that's the best action game ever.

[quote name='j-cart']NGB still retains as the best action combo game I have ever played. MGR could possibly take that title...

More like I WANT it to take that title.

Sorry Crotch, not gonna be 660 bros with yah. Gonna spring for a 7950 or maybe just to say fuck it go with a 7970.[/QUOTE]
You should at least have another round of NS2 so we can be alien bros.

[quote name='GUNNM']Why is vergil a better character in UMVC 3 but in DMC 3 dante is the best?
kinda weird[/QUOTE]

They're both good characters in both games... I don't understand what you're saying.

--

Huh, wonder what kinda shitstorm might have been derived if I had brought DMC4 into this. :lol:

I see a lot more lvl 3 comebacks with vergil than I do dante.

DMC 4 is a really good game its just dante has such a shitty role in it. I liked nero. :)
Lucifer was such a broken weapon against bosses

[quote name='The Crotch']You should at least have another round of NS2 so we can be alien bros.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me that I own that game. You should play it with me!

[quote name='GUNNM']I see a lot more lvl 3 comebacks with vergil than I do dante.

DMC 4 is a really good game its just dante has such a shitty role in it. I liked nero. :)
Lucifer was such a broken weapon against bosses[/QUOTE]

That's because Vergil is a better anchor than Dante. Doesn't mean he's a better character, necessarily, in UMvC3 -- depends on the team and the purpose and all that.

In DMC3, Vergil could be considered "lesser" I guess, but I think it's because they took the enemy character and translated it to playable for the Special Edition. Kind of like if you find a way to unlock someone like Shao Kahn or Kintaro or whatever in the older MK games. They assign commands to the moves and maybe test a bit, but since it wasn't a focus of the original game design, compared to the character that the whole game revolves around, of course he's going to be a bit less polished... (or something to that effect).

And you just gained some additional respect with me... not only did you complete Dark Souls 100%, but now you say that you like Nero? You're doing good today. :cool:

Hi everyone!, sorry to bother you, I just see that members have alive discussion at this thread.
I am looking for someone with an experience of MAKING CASH with an AFFILIATE STORE? I made some cash with GOOGLE ADSENSE before but not much. My friend has suggested to purchase a webhosting ebay at 999WebDesign.com (here is URL if you are lazy to type it, "WEBSITE BROKER") - I hope it can work! It looks like they are making good AFFILIATE WEBSITES. Would you share your opinion and experience? I was not able to find a good looking
FREE AFFILIATE SOFTWARE and 999WebDesign.com sounds good webdesign service. Thanks!

[quote name='Indignate']Did people not like Nero?[/QUOTE]

Nero got a lot of hate.
Nobody liked him enough when it came to polls for (U)MvC3 roster either... he was always like 5% if that. And he would've been fucking ridiculously awesome. Devil Bringer. Devil State with Yamato, Revving Red Queen. He was my #1 most wanted character.

Hey, nuppy is back! I love this guy!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, it's not.

DMC3 is better than NG all day. That's not saying NG isn't good. DMC3 is just better.[/QUOTE]
I do love DMC3, but I'll always put NGB over DMC3 too, since. . .
[quote name='distgfx']Replace "combo" with "combat" and I will agree.[/QUOTE]
This. I love the mobility and flow of combat in NGB. It's not about just doing combos, it's about being smart and knowing when to strike. Plus the game is beyond polished. Only the camera is a pain at times, but it's manageable.

[quote name='whoknows']It can't be the best since Bujingai exists and that's the best action game ever.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget about this gem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOeZMo11Sss
[quote name='corrosivefost']Huh, wonder what kinda shitstorm might have been derived if I had brought DMC4 into this. :lol:[/QUOTE]
DMC4 is damn good. Playing as Nero is so much fun. :bouncy: Dante is broken, but still a blast, and probably the best overall Dante, character-wise. Uncle Dante's so wise and cool.
[quote name='GUNNM']DMC 4 is a really good game its just dante has such a shitty role in it. I liked nero. :)
Lucifer was such a broken weapon against bosses[/QUOTE]
Bingo.
Yes, for some reason. People are dumb.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nero got a lot of hate.
Nobody liked him enough when it came to polls for (U)MvC3 roster either... he was always like 5% if that. And he would've been fucking ridiculously awesome. Devil Bringer. Devil State with Yamato, Revving Red Queen. He was my #1 most wanted character.
[/QUOTE]
He's tons of fun. Going for max revs was always a blast.

I was never good with that timing of nero's gauge I would just spam LT button when I swung and hope I got 3 gauges. His lvl 3 attacks were so badass to use

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

And you just gained some additional respect with me... not only did you complete Dark Souls 100%, but now you say that you like Nero? You're doing good today. :cool:[/QUOTE]

:)
Nero is vergil's son how could you hate him?

[quote name='The Crotch']You should at least have another round of NS2 so we can be alien bros.[/QUOTE]

I gotta have a working gfx card before we can do this again. I need to try aliens before I disregard the game :p

Not like, but more along the lines of being forced to play as Nero and then capcom telling you to forget what you learned when playing as Dante.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I do love DMC3, but I'll always put NGB over DMC3 too, since. . .

This. I love the mobility and flow of combat in NGB. It's not about just doing combos, it's about being smart and knowing when to strike. Plus the game is beyond polished. Only the camera is a pain at times, but it's manageable.

DMC4 is damn good. Playing as Nero is so much fun. :bouncy: Dante is broken, but still a blast, and probably the best overall Dante, character-wise. Uncle Dante's so wise and cool.
[/QUOTE]

See post from above :D Agreed that combo and combat are different in terms of gameplay. Taunts in DMC4 were godlike.

This just screams awesomeness.

DMC4_Nero_and_Dante_by_leodheme.jpg

See how badass Dante is here? He isn't screaming "fuck you" at everyone, he is laid back and just all like "I'm cool, I know it and you know it too." Then we have Nero who is young, trying to learn his ways so he is sitting up right trying to prove his worth coolness.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't know why Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden constantly get sequels and this hasn't gotten one yet
[/QUOTE]
I actually legit enjoyed Nanobreaker. I still wish it had gotten some type of sequel.

Hey, nuppy is back! I love this guy![/QUOTE]
I always wondered why Nero got hate. I loved him.

[quote name='j-cart']
See how badass Dante is here? He isn't screaming "fuck you" at everyone, he is laid back and just all like "I'm cool, I know it and you know it too." [/QUOTE]
1714992-dmc4_dante_rose_super.jpeg

I'm wondering why neither company ever made a sequel to DMC4 or NG2. Platinum has to pick up the slack by making Bayonetta and MGR.

Cuz if you quit capcom to do something else you're shunned by said company. Kamiya did DMC 1 left wanted to do DMC 5 instead they do DmC. Same for Keiji Inafune wanted to take over MML 3 instead they cancel it

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I do love DMC3, but I'll always put NGB over DMC3 too, since. . .

[/QUOTE]

I have a ton of issues with the original NG... part of it is the level design where you can just get lost because everything looks the same (stage 3 or so, I think?). Add in some ridiculous design choices for some of the bosses and the enemies in later levels and I think DMC is just better designed IMO. The overpowered nature of certain combos/weapons/magics tend to overshadow any depth of the combat for me as I end up reverting back to abusing the Izuna Drop over and over. I ended up beating the last boss by spamming ninpo. Use all my casts, replenish with an item. Repeat until he died. It was great, cause I don't know if I would've finished the game without that, since he was kicking my ass and I had about half health and 0 healing items by the time I got through that bullshit climbing section right before him.

It'll be nice to see if Rising will take the throne for me. Bayonetta had potential, but I still felt it wasn't quite as good as DMC3 or DMC4 for me. Particularly the fact that even the "good" version had slowdown in areas when it wasn't even that busy on screen.

Speaking of, has anyone seen noticeable slowdown in Rising when they're NOT cutting something it 8000329482304928304982039 pieces? *cough*hank*cough*

[quote name='distgfx']I'm wondering why neither company ever made a sequel to DMC4 or NG2. Platinum has to pick up the slack by making Bayonetta and MGR.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're just forgetting Zeki's GOTY 2012 -- Ninja Gaiden 3 DOES exist. It even got an updated edition on the hardcore WiiU. You can buy it when you pick up Betrayonetta 2. :p

[quote name='distgfx']I'm wondering why neither company ever made a sequel to DMC4 or NG2. Platinum has to pick up the slack by making Bayonetta and MGR.[/QUOTE]

But there's NG3.

It continues the story.

DMC3 > NGB

[quote name='j-cart'] Taunts in DMC4 were godlike.[/QUOTE]

I love taunting in that game.

[quote name='GUNNM']
1714992-dmc4_dante_rose_super.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

That's the part where he explains sexual intercourse.

[quote name='corrosivefrost'] I end up reverting back to abusing the Izuna Drop over and over.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I even abuse it in Warriors Orochi 3. Ayane has it too, but she also has other moves that are just as useful.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Speaking of, has anyone seen noticeable slowdown in Rising when they're NOT cutting something it 8000329482304928304982039 pieces? *cough*hank*cough*

[/QUOTE]
I really hope this isn't a problem in the final game. I sliced a watermelon into 200 pieces and the game got slow asfok.

Where's the fun in that?

I've been looking on amazon to buy a PSP to play MG AC!D but don't wanna spend over $50 for one.

[quote name='GUNNM']I like the conversations in the halo lobby -- no one uses a mic.[/QUOTE]

I miss the H2 days when people actually talked out of party chat.

Hey, nuppy is back! I love this guy![/QUOTE]

Do you guys think Nero benefitted alot from being very visually similar to Dante? Honestly, without the arm I don't think I could have picked apart Dante and Nero (well that and Dante's coat).

Because they both suck now, and Platinum is the only company good enough to make them now. Dying genre is dying. :cry:

[quote name='GUNNM']Cuz if you quit capcom to do something else you're shunned by said company. Kamiya did DMC 1 left wanted to do DMC 5 instead they do DmC. Same for Keiji Inafune wanted to take over MML 3 instead they cancel it[/QUOTE]
Capcom hates its fans.
[quote name='GUNNM']But capcom still has a bunch of street fighters and the eventual darkstalkers reboot to fall back on...[/QUOTE]
Not holding my breath on Dimpstalkers.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I have a ton of issues with the original NG... part of it is the level design where you can just get lost because everything looks the same (stage 3 or so, I think?). Add in some ridiculous design choices for some of the bosses and the enemies in later levels and I think DMC is just better designed IMO. The overpowered nature of certain combos/weapons/magics tend to overshadow any depth of the combat for me as I end up reverting back to abusing the Izuna Drop over and over. I ended up beating the last boss by spamming ninpo. Use all my casts, replenish with an item. Repeat until he died. It was great, cause I don't know if I would've finished the game without that, since he was kicking my ass and I had about half health and 0 healing items by the time I got through that bullshit climbing section right before him.
[/quote]
Try playing NGB on anything past Normal. Shit will make you sweat. They withhold Izuna Drop on harder difficulties so you have to actually play. And you can abuse tons of shit in tons of action games. I abuse the fuck out of air raid in DMC1. lol

I could say I abused the fuck out of jump cancelling in DmC, but you can abuse about half of that game's moves easily. Quick review : Best NT game yet, not saying much, probably better than DMC2 just because it has more colors than brown.

Though this cutscene will always trump DmC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Y8WhHG6O0

It'll be ni to see if Rising will take the throne for me. Bayonetta had potential, but I still felt it wasn't quite as good as DMC3 or DMC4 for me. Particularly the fact that even the "good" version had slowdown in areas when it wasn't even that busy on screen.
DMC4 was so damn good, but people hated on it. Whatevs. Haven't finished Bayonetta, but from what I've played, it's alright. Rising is already better than it just from a demo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNSGkRnftaU

Oh, you're just forgetting Zeki's GOTY 2012 -- Ninja Gaiden 3 DOES exist. It even got an updated edition on the hardcore WiiU. You can buy it when you pick up Betrayonetta 2. :p
Best action games ever, on the best system ever.
[quote name='whoknows']But there's NG3.
It continues the story.[/QUOTE]
Ryu adopts a little boy. He's such a nice guy. :D

[quote name='Indignate']Wait, so both of you actually fuckin played it?

That don't make no sense.[/QUOTE]

I feel betrayed too Indignate.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Rai Rai even preordered it to get that sweet "classic" Dante costume.[/QUOTE]
why do you guys hurt me so much? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back