GGT 216 Is Full of Spam Posting Bots & Leda & Zeki Quotes

[quote name='j-cart']As a former violin player, everything that she does annoys me.

Granted, she is way better than I ever was.[/QUOTE]

Be specific.

Is it the part where she plays to dubstep or the part where she flails around like she's at a rave?

Or maybe it's the exotic environments.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'd say that you should hook me up with some of those EU trial months if you have extra... but with revengeance on Tuesday, I'd probably not get to Sleeping Dogs before the trial expired. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I would if I had anymore, dawg. Sorry. It is crazy good, though. Best GTA-type game this gen, which probably isn't saying much, but damn... I can't believe how much fun I'm having. I may even buy a hard copy after the trial is over.

[quote name='Indignate']You just hated on her playing in a burning building.[/QUOTE]
The main reason J-cart hates on anybody.

[quote name='Indignate']Be specific.

Is it the part where she plays to dubstep or the part where she flails around like she's at a rave?

Or maybe it's the exotic environments.[/QUOTE]

Well, all of the videos are of her "playing" but not actually playing her violin. She has gone on live tours and "the show" is her dancing, the music is there to complement her dancing, but not the other way around. Lindsey is a very talented musician and I commend her for her ability to get people interested into a classic string instrument.

However the violin is this beautiful string instrument that is the only instrument that can be named "First Chair, First Violin" of an orchestra. That means this is the conductor's "right hand man" despite sitting directly to the left of the conductor. There are only a few people that can hold this position and the orchestra is really there to accompany the first violin to bring out the its immaculate tone for the melody. That is how important this string instrument is.

The violin has this perfect balance that sits in this sound range that allows it to hit high pitched notes at high speeds and can still bring its melody back to a low if it wanted to. This balance is the reason why an orchestra is centered around the violins, they are the source of all that makes the melody and the rest of the orchestra is there to complete it.

I am speaking strictly in terms of the classical violin and I do so because it is an instrument of history. Its purpose was to be classical, not artsy in dupstep and the likes. Sure the violin has made its way into jazz, folk and fiddle music, but those genres do not bring out the purpose of the violin.

Lindsey's music is her own take on how to implement the violin into the modern age of music. That is the problem, the violin is not meant to be modern. Let it be this old perfect instrument of the past. Let it shine where it shines best and not hold it back by trying to fuse with other genres.

And of course classical music just doesn't click with people and that's a much bigger problem than the one I have with Lindsey Sterling's music :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfH5c93kqgw

Fun fact about me. I was trained to be a classical violinist, alas because I didn't give a shit about it, I went nowhere in it. I can still play (terribly) and I can still sight read sheet music. My favorite part of being musically trained in the violin was being able to play the music of the Final Fantasy games.

Suicide+Elmo_40cb3b_4437213.gif

bread's done
Back