GGT 217 will work 3 jobs just to buy a PS4 and every launch title. It's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Krymner']I wasn't too impressed with The Walking Dead as a "game". It was more of an interactive story to me. But I've only played the first 3 episodes so far.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. Gameplay is pretty lame (but to be fair I don't like point and click adventure games), but I love the show and comics so I loved the game for telling another compelling story in that universe and having some great characters.

As for PS4 I see nothing that excites me. I expect the same from the next Xbox. These will be pretty incremental upgrades in terms of graphics and gameplay compares to prior gens, and I worry about eye/Kinect stuff getting shoehorned into games.

I've got plenty to play on 360, PS3 and Wii so ill wait out the next gen for a price drop or two and see if I'm interested in any of the consoles then.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
I've got plenty to play on 360, PS3 and Wii so ill wait out the next gen for a price drop or two and see if I'm interested in any of the consoles then.[/QUOTE]

My plan exectly. My backlog from this gen should last me at least a year-and-a-half into the next gen. I have never bought a newly released console within less than a year from release. I didn't get into this gen until MGS4 came out.

[quote name='Krymner']My plan exectly. My backlog from this gen should last me at least a year-and-a-half into the next gen. I have never bought a newly released console within less than a year from release. I didn't get into this gen until MGS4 came out.[/QUOTE]

I used to get Nintendo consoles at launch, but those were $150-250 at launch up through the Wii. So that was easy to stomach. I don't game enough to pay the $400-600 launch prices last gen or this gen (other than WiiU and I'm done with Nintendo consoles).

I got a 360 in 2007--not sure if it was after a price drop or not, got in on a good deal from Frys.com for the console with 5 games for $400. Forget what all the games were, Bioshock and 3 others I wanted to play I remember. Something crappy I didn't want (Two Worlds maybe?) that I flipped for Halo 3.

I'll do the same this time hopefully--jump in when there's a drop and/or a sale where I can get the console and a few games I want for a decent price.

[quote name='Indignate']Why is seeing the console so damn important?

You still can't buy the damn thing for nine months anyways. Here's a spoiler: It's going to be a black fuckin box.[/QUOTE]
I said the same thing to someone and they called me the head of the Sony Defense Force. *shrugs*

Either way, now that Sony has confirmed it doesn't require an online connection looks I'll be getting one. I've actually never bought a console at launch. I think I may make this my first. I'm allowed to be stupid once in my life.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']

Either way, now that Sony has confirmed it doesn't require an online connection looks I'll be getting one. I've actually never bought a console at launch. I think I may make this my first. I'm allowed to be stupid once in my life.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a good clarification. Now if they would just confirm the "no used games" rumor....

[quote name='distgfx']On phone, lazy responses

Joel - I'm playing it again already on Hard. I haven't bought the fox blade yet because of how expensive it is. That is my next goal in the game.

Frost - Jump and mash square; your sword has a surprisingly high reach.[/QUOTE]

So fox blade is in the game and not GS DLC?

[quote name='GUNNM']If xbox bans used games PS4 here I come btw got my raiden code yesterday[/QUOTE]

But... but... but... then where will you have an avatar you can dress up as Snake for a nominal fee?

[quote name='Krymner']I wasn't too impressed with The Walking Dead as a "game". It was more of an interactive story to me. But I've only played the first 3 episodes so far.[/QUOTE]
I didn't like it either. I stopped playing when the cop car flipped over and realized the whole game is just a point and click game

[quote name='GUNNM']It's GS only.[/QUOTE]

Huh -- normally Uraizen doesn't order from GS. So that's where the confusion came from. He did for TTT2, I think, because he didn't want to wait for the other 2 DLC characters he wouldn't have gotten from Amazon... so yeah, ok, don't have to worry about that then, I guess. -- I've already dumped my 30000 into DLC armor unlocks. :bouncy:

By all accounts, it'll one shot any normal enemy.
That doesn't sound fun, really.

It's a pre-order from GS and costs 200k to unlock. Uraizen obviously has a nice friend in the GGT who gave him the DLC code if he didn't preorder from GS himself. Unless he owns the EU version which comes with grey fox free?

I replayed mistral's battle theme at least 20-30x maybe more yesterday easily.
Over and over in the gym and at the grocery store.

[quote name='GUNNM']It's a pre-order from GS and costs 200k to unlock. Uraizen obviously has a nice friend in the GGT who gave him the DLC code if he didn't preorder from GS himself. Unless he owns the EU version which comes with grey fox free?

I replayed mistral's battle theme at least 20-30x maybe more yesterday easily.
Over and over in the gym and at the grocery store.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm sure I'll have 200k+ bp stacked around by the time Konami releases the preorder stuff to the general public.

Huh.

Well, this puts a damper on things, if you ask me:

Sony: PSN purchases don't carry over to PS4

So the hundreds of dollars I've spent on my PSN games and content won't be usable on my PS4? That seems like a bad move.
That also seems like the rumours of them making a new online service and charging for "most" features a la XBL Silver/Gold have some truth to them.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Huh.

So the hundreds of dollars I've spent on my PSN games and content won't be usable on my PS4? That seems like a bad move.
That also seems like the rumours of them making a new online service and charging for "most" features a la XBL Silver/Gold have some truth to them.[/QUOTE]
My god of war ghosts of sparta from PSP download store won't carry over! :(

That also seems like the rumours of them making a new online service and charging for "most" features a la XBL Silver/Gold have some truth to them.[/QUOTE]

That's sucky.

Hopefully it'll have some features that are worth it like being able to use Netflix.

Personally, I think the current gen will hang around longer than it has in the past after new consoles debut. Maybe not at B&M retail stores who are pressed for floor space, but I honestly won't be surprised if we see some games released simultaneously on PS3 & 4, Xbox 360 & 720, and WiiU, especially 3rd party stuff. You might not be able to find them at retail, but still available digitally.

[quote name='Krymner']Personally, I think the current gen will hang around longer than it has in the past after new consoles debut. Maybe not at B&M retail stores who are pressed for floor space, but I honestly won't be surprised if we see some games released simultaneously on PS3 & 4, Xbox 360 & 720, and WiiU, especially 3rd party stuff. You might not be able to find them at retail, but still available digitally.[/QUOTE]

I rarely buy retail games digitally unless they're

[quote name='Krymner']Personally, I think the current gen will hang around longer than it has in the past after new consoles debut. Maybe not at B&M retail stores who are pressed for floor space, but I honestly won't be surprised if we see some games released simultaneously on PS3 & 4, Xbox 360 & 720, and WiiU, especially 3rd party stuff. You might not be able to find them at retail, but still available digitally.[/QUOTE]
I predict a similar situation like how games would come out and have two versions, basically. One for PS3/360, and one for PS2/Wii. So now, we'll have one version for PS4/Durrango, and one for PS3/360/Wii U. Can't wait. :bouncy:

Madden 12 came out on PS2, after all.

[quote name='Krymner']Sony did not announce a NA price drop on the Vita. They obviously dont want me to buy one. Fail.[/QUOTE]

That's because it's selling so amazingly well. . .

And one more. I've got a ton of shit to play already, and thus I will not be touching a "next gen" console until 2+ years into their lifespan, preferably after a remodel and definitely after a price drop. Look at this gen, shit took forever to get going, and by the time it did, they both had price drops. No reason to jump into this shit head first.

I'll probably cop a new GPU instead. Get a 770 or something. :drool:

[quote name='Luxuria']I personally loved The Walking Dead. Despite the choices not really changing anything major in the story, I loved talking about the game with friends who have played it. For example,
I decided to keep Ben in the group while most of them kicked him out as soon as they could.
I mean, sure, it didn't change anything in the end, but the game played out a bit differently. [/QUOTE]

Saving Ben does absolutely nothing! It just makes Kenny die in a more stupid way.

[quote name='Luxuria']I'd imagine that they didn't really develop her character as she more than likely will be appearing in Season 2, and with the ending of the first game, she might even play an even bigger role than in the first game. At least, I'm hoping she does.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they developed her cuz they didn't want to accidentally cause someone to not like her.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Is this really that important? I mean, even the hardcore that are going to buy this on launch are probably still going to keep their PS3s out. There's very few games that I would imagine people would really want to transfer over and those are pretty niche, like 3s (which I think Rai Rai prefers to play on PC anyways). I don't know, it just seems like something to get mad about because we expect to get mad about it.

[quote name='GUNNM']My god of war ghosts of sparta from PSP download store won't carry over! :([/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='GUNNM']If xbox bans used games PS4 here I come btw got my raiden code yesterday[/QUOTE]
Got mine last night as well.
[quote name='Indignate']Is this really that important? I mean, even the hardcore that are going to buy this on launch are probably still going to keep their PS3s out. There's very few games that I would imagine people would really want to transfer over and those are pretty niche, like 3s (which I think Rai Rai prefers to play on PC anyways). I don't know, it just seems like something to get mad about because we expect to get mad about it.[/QUOTE]
Agree completely.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I said the same thing to someone and they called me the head of the Sony Defense Force. *shrugs*

Either way, now that Sony has confirmed it doesn't require an online connection looks I'll be getting one. I've actually never bought a console at launch. I think I may make this my first. I'm allowed to be stupid once in my life.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you find time to game as much as you do between work/wife/kids.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
I have a feeling my journey into PC gaming is coming sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

You own more games on Steam than I do and you don't have a gaming PC?

[quote name='j-cart']Thanks for not spoiling anything about MGR guys.

Super appreciate it :D

BTW tonight, I make the team for X-COM.[/QUOTE]
Not much to spoil its a super short game!

[quote name='BlueScrote']I don't know how you find time to game as much as you do between work/wife/kids.[/QUOTE]
I've had insomnia since I was a child. I only sleep about 3 hours a night. Most of my gaming is done while the family is asleep.

[quote name='GUNNM']ugh non toasted subways are the worst[/QUOTE]
:puke:
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I've had insomnia since I was a child. I only sleep about 3 hours a night. Most of my gaming is done while the family is asleep.[/QUOTE]
I'm all over the place when it comes to sleep. Lately, I'm 5 hours a night max. Then I'll have a stretch where I get 10 hours a night or more. It's random.

Yeah, that insures I won't be buying a PS4 for a while. I've spent too much money on the store. Also, wouldn't that mean that our PS+ stuff wouldn't transfer over too?

[quote name='Indignate']
Is this really that important? I mean, even the hardcore that are going to buy this on launch are probably still going to keep their PS3s out. There's very few games that I would imagine people would really want to transfer over and those are pretty niche, like 3s (which I think Rai Rai prefers to play on PC anyways). I don't know, it just seems like something to get mad about because we expect to get mad about it.[/QUOTE]

Might not matter to you, but it matters to me.
I have a digital backlog that's absolutely ridiculous in size and it was still growing, between buying things that are on sale and PS+.

[quote name='BlueScrote']You own more games on Steam than I do and you don't have a gaming PC?[/QUOTE]

I do not.

I end up selling my PS3 copy when I'm done with it and then I see the game on sale for $10 on Steam and buy it to support the developers. Coupled with my "plan" to build one that I never actualize, yeah, I own a lot of games on Steam. I just never get the motivation to drop like $800 on a gaming PC, coupled with the fact that it still seems weird to me to put a full PC in my entertainment center next to the DVR and the fact that I've never gotten a PS3 controller to work on a PC and I just haven't cared enough.

Look at my signature and the achievement ratio on the raptr graphic.
ach.png

Between Vita an PS3, I have almost 5000 trophies.
Between (very limited) PC and x360, I have over 3000 achievements.
I have less than 300 Steam achievements.

That should tell you I do not have a gaming PC. ;)
Most of my gaming is still done on consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hankmecrankme']And one more. I've got a ton of shit to play already, and thus I will not be touching a "next gen" console until 2+ years into their lifespan, preferably after a remodel and definitely after a price drop. Look at this gen, shit took forever to get going, and by the time it did, they both had price drops. No reason to jump into this shit head first.

I'll probably cop a new GPU instead. Get a 770 or something. :drool:[/QUOTE]

This man speaks wisdom. No PS4 for me until at least the first redesign/price drop. :cool:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I've had insomnia since I was a child. I only sleep about 3 hours a night. Most of my gaming is done while the family is asleep.[/QUOTE]
Ive always wondered about insomniacs

Do you just feel like shit all the time?
Or are you used to low amounts of sleep

[quote name='Indignate']Is this really that important? I mean, even the hardcore that are going to buy this on launch are probably still going to keep their PS3s out. There's very few games that I would imagine people would really want to transfer over and those are pretty niche, like 3s (which I think Rai Rai prefers to play on PC anyways). I don't know, it just seems like something to get mad about because we expect to get mad about it.[/QUOTE]

Considering I still play NGB to this day and want to play TTT2 and BBCP in the future, I'd say it's pretty important. Hell, it's important to anybody who plays fighters. So I guess if you count the FGC as niche, then sure. That's assuming they wouldn't fuck it up like the PS3, of course. There's only so many PS3s and 360s to go around and they will be discontinued eventually.

Hey, do you guys know where I can get a cheapish Slim 360 with a HDD with at least 60 gigs of space? I'd like to get one for my brothers for around $200 if possible, but cheapest I can find is the 250 gig Slim (which is waaaay more memory than they need) on NewEgg for $240.

Oh yeah, Joel, I unlocked the fox blade and upgraded it. That thing breaks the fucking game, it's more powerful than going into Ripper Mode. Anything it touches is sliced instantly.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh yeah, Joel, I unlocked the fox blade and upgraded it. That thing breaks the fucking game, it's more powerful than going into Ripper Mode. Anything it touches is sliced instantly.[/QUOTE]
Whoa, thanks! I didn't expect it to be that crazy. Thanks, Uraizen!

[quote name='distgfx']Oh yeah, Joel, I unlocked the fox blade and upgraded it. That thing breaks the fucking game, it's more powerful than going into Ripper Mode. Anything it touches is sliced instantly.[/QUOTE]
It combines HF blade with another sword and from what I read yes its broken. Should make getting S rank on every mission easy

[quote name='GUNNM']It combines HF blade with another sword and from what I read yes its broken. Should make getting S rank on every mission easy[/QUOTE]

It doesn't give you a chance to stun enemies to Zandatsu them. You get a shit ton of points from doing that. The section I beat using the Fox Blade only gave me a C.

[quote name='distgfx']It doesn't give you a chance to stun enemies to Zandatsu them. You get a shit ton of points from doing that. The section I beat using the Fox Blade only gave me a C.[/QUOTE]
Ah so that's the drawback.

Pretty funny easter egg kinda like in MGS 3 I just found. Put the barrel on raiden and roll for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back