GGT 226 wants a slice of Leda's roast beef, smothered in her au jus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GUNNM']NT busy working on DmC 2 aint got no time for dat shit[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that?
If we can't get Bulletstorm 2 after Bulletstorm sold over 1 million in a matter of months, you really think we're going to get a DmC2 at this rate? ;)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yes, because it's Capcom.

Lost Planet 2 tanked, yet here comes Lost Planet 3.[/QUOTE]

Alright, alright, where can I preorder DmC2?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']WHAT?!
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/rumor-new-strider-coming-to-xbla-pc-double-helix-involved/

Pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood....[/QUOTE]

But it is Double Helix making this game, soo it most likely will suck.

[quote name='The Crotch']Picture of someone attempting to download their free "We're sorry SimCity sucks" game.[/QUOTE]

Technically SimCity does not suck, the fact that the game is unplayable is what sucks.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yes, because it's Capcom.

Lost Planet 2 tanked, yet here comes Lost Planet 3.[/QUOTE]

But Lost Planet 2 didn't suck!

Theme of this post: suck

[quote name='linkpwns']OOooooOooOh yeah:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

It's a program that works with DNA. It's not that it's really all that hard, we're just really limited. Can't use strings, multidimensional arrays, or pointers. Just arrays, really. (And yeah, I know, character arrays are strings but still.)

It looks like Bastion...
Thought Bastion was alright, but really, if it wasn't for the narrator, it wouldn't have really been interesting at all.[/QUOTE]

What kind of BS Domain specific language doesn't allow pointers or arrays of arrays?

[quote name='GUNNM']DmC 2 trish is a hooker who dante saves and then she betrays him but in the end they fall in love[/QUOTE]

Nero is a drug addicted youth that Dante takes in and tries to help. His arm glows because of the demon heroin he's been shooting up since he was 12.

icro6St.gif

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm tempted by the BioShit Infinshit deal on Amazon for some reason.[/QUOTE]

You should get it if you're into that sort of thing.

Game is going to be the tits.

I'm stoked for BioShock Infinite, but nervous as hell. I'ma be crushed if it sucks.

This SurfacePro is super tits. Zero latency between the stylus/touchscreen. Time for maaad draaawwrings.

It has a lot of potential. Will it be good? Most likely it will be. Will it be great? We'll have to see.

Even if it ends up being decent, it has that 1999 mode so it'll at least be fun. I love a challenge. ^_^ #KenLevine2013

Anyway, the new JT album is pretty good.

Edit: Oh right, the new Gears game was released today. Is it any good?

[quote name='Luxuria']It has a lot of potential. Will it be good? Most likely it will be. Will it be great? We'll have to see.

Even if it ends up being decent, it has that 1999 mode so it'll at least be fun. I love a challenge. ^_^ #KenLevine2013

Edit: Oh right, the new Gears game was released today. Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, let me head down to Gamestop and pick it up for my PS3. Then once Joel gives me some codes, I'll try 'em out and let you know. ;)

[quote name='Luxuria']You should get it if you're into that sort of thing.

Game is going to be the tits.[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why people are so hyped for bioshock. Sure the first two games were above average shooters, but they really didn't do anything special.

I played a couple hours of Metroid: Other M today. I'm not sure if I'm gonna continue to play it. The dialogue is terrible. The controls are not intuitive (why not allow use of the nunchuck!). The point to view in first person is awkward. It just seems like such an odd mish mash of gameplay styles, let alone for a metroid game.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I still don't understand why people are so hyped for bioshock. Sure the first two games were above average shooters, but they really didn't do anything special.[/QUOTE]

The level of detail put into the environment design, the core mechanics are fun, there's lots of ways to accomplish your goals, the general story/level design are great (the last 1/3 of Bioshock not included... the final boss design there was a cop out).

Now the hype about Bioshock Infinite? I'm cautious here. Levine hasn't put out a game since the original Bioshock, right? It's an entirely new world, so it's unclear as to whether or not the "magic" from the original Bioshock (that the new studio somehow managed to keep alive in the sequel) will be recreated.

If we're talking gameplay, they were strictly average. Shooting mechanics were pretty weak, but they had force powers. See the Force Unleashed 1/2 as a close example. Dodgy mechanics with powers as a hook.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']If we're talking gameplay, they were strictly average. Shooting mechanics were pretty weak, but they had force powers. See the Force Unleashed 1/2 as a close example. Dodgy mechanics with powers as a hook.[/QUOTE]

Shooting mechanics seemed fine to me in my... 3 playthroughs of Bioshock and 1 of Bioshock 2. Guns felt good, had interesting firing properties -- the powers worked well and allowed for improvisation. The upgrade system worked nicely and allowed further diversification. So for me, gameplay was above average, Mr. Jaded-Cynic... can I interest you in some... Grey Poupon? ;)

Best FPS I've ever played, shooting mechanic wise? Probably not. But I felt it was pretty competent to say the least and the ability to actually play the game with regards to stealth vs. Rambo-itis ... the mixing of mechanics to use something like freeze power + wrench + wrench bonuses to do a melee build? That's just awesome. The only other FPS that I can think of off the top of my head that had as much variety in terms of core gameplay for FPS was probably Deus Ex HR.

Maybe Dishonored would be close, but I haven't tried that yet. That's got a lot of variety in powers/weapons/how to accomplish goals and is an FPS engine, I think?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yo, Joelbro...

What's up with hocking Gears of War codes in the PSN code thread?[/QUOTE]
I use the same list for the two threads because it makes it easier than saying CML when people message me about stuff. I've been doing that since I started using those threads and it pays off from time to time. :D

Man, 1 gig update for Sony Smash? Fuuuuuck.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Shooting mechanics seemed fine to me in my... 3 playthroughs of Bioshock and 1 of Bioshock 2. Guns felt good, had interesting firing properties -- the powers worked well and allowed for improvisation. The upgrade system worked nicely and allowed further diversification. So for me, gameplay was above average, Mr. Jaded-Cynic... can I interest you in some... Grey Poupon? ;)

Best FPS I've ever played, shooting mechanic wise? Probably not. But I felt it was pretty competent to say the least and the ability to actually play the game with regards to stealth vs. Rambo-itis ... the mixing of mechanics to use something like freeze power + wrench + wrench bonuses to do a melee build? That's just awesome. The only other FPS that I can think of off the top of my head that had as much variety in terms of core gameplay for FPS was probably Deus Ex HR.

Maybe Dishonored would be close, but I haven't tried that yet. That's got a lot of variety in powers/weapons/how to accomplish goals and is an FPS engine, I think?[/QUOTE]

Auto fail for using Human Revolution and not Deus Ex 1.

Game, blouses.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I use the same list for the two threads because it makes it easier than saying CML when people message me about stuff. I've been doing that since I started using those threads and it pays off from time to time. :D

Man, 1 gig update for Sony Smash? Fuuuuuck.[/QUOTE]

That's the cost of Isaac/Zeus/New Stage, man.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Auto fail for using Human Revolution and not Deus Ex 1.

Game, blouses.[/QUOTE]

Did they even make Deus Ex 1 for consoles?

Yes.[quote name='hankmecrankme']Auto fail for using Human Revolution and not Deus Ex 1.

Game, blouses.[/QUOTE]
Auto fail for using Deus Ex 1 and not System Shock 2.

[quote name='The Crotch']Yes.
Auto fail for using Deus Ex 1 and not System Shock 2.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of System Shock 2, best thing about Infinite is the 1999 mode. Nice to see something hardcore in it so you can make the wrong choices and get fucked over. :D

[quote name='Luxuria']It has a lot of potential. Will it be good? Most likely it will be. Will it be great? We'll have to see.

Edit: Oh right, the new Gears game was released today. Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot about the 1999 mode.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I still don't understand why people are so hyped for bioshock. Sure the first two games were above average shooters, but they really didn't do anything special.[/QUOTE]

I agree. At the time Bioshock 1 was pretty meh, though the story was fun. Didn't even bother with the second game. However come to 2013 and the FPS singleplayer genre is pretty much in the shitter. Crysis 3 is pretty bland, despite having a kick ass bow. Heard great things about Far Cry 3, but I'm not in the mood for that kind of FPS game. I want that SP experience and right now I think Infinite has that chance.

Plus I got it with my gfx card, so yeah :D

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The level of detail put into the environment design, the core mechanics are fun, there's lots of ways to accomplish your goals, the general story/level design are great (the last 1/3 of Bioshock not included... the final boss design there was a cop out).

Now the hype about Bioshock Infinite? I'm cautious here. Levine hasn't put out a game since the original Bioshock, right? It's an entirely new world, so it's unclear as to whether or not the "magic" from the original Bioshock (that the new studio somehow managed to keep alive in the sequel) will be recreated.[/QUOTE]

Levine has a great (though very short) track record and knowing bits behind the scenes of the industry, I can say that he really has been making sure that this was the game that he wanted to make. Which is also points to why there is no MP in the game (this is a good thing, hopefully).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Shooting mechanics seemed fine to me in my... 3 playthroughs of Bioshock and 1 of Bioshock 2. Guns felt good, had interesting firing properties -- the powers worked well and allowed for improvisation. The upgrade system worked nicely and allowed further diversification.

Best FPS I've ever played, shooting mechanic wise? Probably not. But I felt it was pretty competent to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not the worse shooting mechanics *cough* Killzone *cough* but not the best either.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Never liked Killzone 1 or 2, never played 3. In fact, CrysisZone looks like an improvement.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='j-cart'](1)Totally forgot about the 1999 mode.

(2)I agree. At the time Bioshock 1 was pretty meh, though the story was fun. Didn't even bother with the second game. However come to 2013 and the FPS singleplayer genre is pretty much in the shitter. Crysis 3 is pretty bland, despite having a kick ass bow. Heard great things about Far Cry 3, but I'm not in the mood for that kind of FPS game. I want that SP experience and right now I think Infinite has that chance.

(3)Levine has a great (though very short) track record and knowing bits behind the scenes of the industry, I can say that he really has been making sure that this was the game that he wanted to make. Which is also points to why there is no MP in the game (this is a good thing, hopefully).

(4)Agreed, not the worse shooting mechanics *cough* Killzone *cough* but not the best either.[/QUOTE]

(1) What's 1999 mode?
(2) Disagree. Also fuck "meh". Toss it in the fire with "bomba" and "gdlk" among others.
(3) I know Levine is supposed to be respected and props to him if it's the game he *wanted* to make. Not every game needs multi either, so it's great to see that he had enough clout to not carry that forward from Bioshock 2.
(4) Agree then disagree. KZ2 and KZ3 are probably my favorite console multiplayer shooters. I'm not quite sure what ranks on the bottom for me, but I can tell you the Halo games are probably down towards the bottom of my list.

[quote name='j-cart'] Levine has a great (though very short) track record and knowing bits behind the scenes of the industry, I can say that he really has been making sure that this was the game that he wanted to make. Which is also points to why there is no MP in the game (this is a good thing, hopefully). [/QUOTE]

Pretty much this and what Frost said.

The game was delayed because Ken thought the game was not ready yet. He wanted to release a complete game rather than a half-assed one.

I'm mostly interested in Elizabeth. She is one of the reasons the game has been delayed for so long. Ken wants us to care for her. Who wants her alive? What is her purpose? Who is Elizabeth? Plus, her AI seems great.

The combat also looks like a lot of fun. Plasmids seem to be a lot different than those in the first two Bioshock games.

Edit: 1999 mode is similar to old school games; limited resources, penalties for respawing, decisions that will affect the rest of your game. If I remember correctly, if you specialize in one weapon you are stuck with it. So you can end up screwing yourself over if you don't plan accordingly. I haven't really kept up with it though so I'm not sure if they've spoken about it again.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That's the cost of Isaac/Zeus/New Stage, man.[/QUOTE]

No, $10 is the cost for that. I'm too much of a jealous baby to play it with those who get them for free. :nottalking:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
(4) Agree then disagree. KZ2 and KZ3 are probably my favorite console multiplayer shooters. I'm not quite sure what ranks on the bottom for me, but I can tell you the Halo games are probably down towards the bottom of my list.[/QUOTE]

I had ton of fun with KZ MP, but the FPS controls for that game were just not smooth at all.

not sure what you guys are on
bioshock infinite is a 8/10 tops

original bioshock hasnt aged well either
not sure what is to be expected
from a bunch of dudes who made their last game in 2006

Bioshock was in 2007 nubcake and if u play it on pc it still looks greats and runs at around 40-60 fps on my laptop bitch. I got Gears: Judgement, who be co-oping with me yo

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Resistance 3.

Conduit 2.[/QUOTE]

Conduit 2 lmao. bioshock 1 and metro are scary and immersive, the other ones are just shooters dawg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back