GGT 292: The Official Final Fantasy XIII Strategy Thread

if you liked the boat fighting missions that's all IV is about its pretty damn fun I'm just now starting the story missions was busy upgrading my boat fighting sea forts the whole time

Last edited by a moderator:
if you liked the boat fighting missions that's all IV is about its pretty damn fun I'm just now starting the story missions was busy upgrading my boat fighting sea forts the whole time
I really liked the boat missions in 3, and I've heard that they are much improved in Black Flag. Probably one of the things that I am looking forward to playing the most honestly, just being able to go around on the boat doing little side stuff.

another final fantasy thread, really? ur not even trying anymore Action bro. guess we need a new thread maker. I hate final fantasy with a passion!
If you think I put anymore than four seconds of thought into anything I've ever done here, you're vastly mistaken.

Also: Like I give a fuck

Why does Snake think we care about anything he thinks?

Also, I feel like we need an artist to redesign us for the GGT's new 52 reboot. I hope I'm grittier!
Yes.

And I may be able to be persuaded to helm this reboot.

Finally beat Assassins Creed 3, and I gotta say with all the hate going around for it I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I like going through all of the different settings and I'm looking forward to playing AC4 and wonder what else they will do with the series moving forward. The ending was like a mix of terrible but good, I'll have to see more with what AC4 does. That said, Ubisofts credit scenes suck, I mean come on! I can't skip them and they are like 30 minutes, they really need to stop doing this to us :(

I do like the more "sci-fi" elements of the series as well, and would like to see more of that stuff in the future.
Just couldn't do 3. I recently beat Black Flag though, and it made a believer out of me again. Haven't enjoyed an AC game that much since Brotherhood.

I really liked the boat missions in 3, and I've heard that they are much improved in Black Flag. Probably one of the things that I am looking forward to playing the most honestly, just being able to go around on the boat doing little side stuff.
I easily spent the most time just being an asshole pirate on the open seas. It's super addicting.

I dunno, I ended up getting 100% on all of the main sequences doing all of the optional stuff, I just got really into it.
Yeah, but as we've established before you're the most forgiving person ever in gaming.

That's all IV Is about the boat missions and well haytham's dad...
And that is indeed why I will love it.

I just wish we could go back to Ezio. I miss him I wonder what hes up to.
Being dead. Seriously though, I wish they would go back to Ezio. He was the best.

Yeah, but as we've established before you're the most forgiving person ever in gaming.

And that is indeed why I will love it.

Being dead. Seriously though, I wish they would go back to Ezio. He was the best.
Yeah after I finish IV I'm going to replay II.

I just like games! :p But there was some stuff they did better then the old ones (while quite a few things they did worse), while it wasn't as good as 2 or Brotherhood it was better then 1 and Revelations. I liked how they didn't just go hey these are the Templars they are bad like they did with the Ezio trilogy, they actually made it so both Assassins and Templars could be seen as good/bad. I like how they made the Desmond stuff more normal AC game play in modern time instead of like weird puzzles or such. I also liked having a bow and a duckfoot pistol, I mean, why wouldn't you want to run around with two of these?

duckfoot-pistol.png

I just like games! :p But there was some stuff they did better then the old ones (while quite a few things they did worse), while it wasn't as good as 2 or Brotherhood it was better then 1 and Revelations. I liked how they didn't just go hey these are the Templars they are bad like they did with the Ezio trilogy, they actually made it so both Assassins and Templars could be seen as good/bad. I like how they made the Desmond stuff more normal AC game play in modern time instead of like weird puzzles or such. I also liked having a bow and a duckfoot pistol, I mean, why wouldn't you want to run around with two of these?

duckfoot-pistol.png
I don't know about being better than Revelations. I actually think that 3 is just a hair away from being as bad as 1. As for the Templars not being the bad guys? Meh. I saw that coming in Brotherhood whenever they started talking about all of the stuff that Abstergo has their paws in and I felt it was the weakest shit possible. You can say that about almost any antagonist in video games and it have the same effect. The weapons is where we seriously agree. I fucking loved the Duck foot pistol and arsenal you get in 3.

Use the word ''nigga'' a lot.
I say do this.

I don't know about being better than Revelations. I actually think that 3 is just a hair away from being as bad as 1. As for the Templars not being the bad guys? Meh. I saw that coming in Brotherhood whenever they started talking about all of the stuff that Abstergo has their paws in and I felt it was the weakest shit possible. You can say that about almost any antagonist in video games and it have the same effect. The weapons is where we seriously agree. I fucking loved the Duck foot pistol and arsenal you get in 3.
Fair enough, you rank it 4th, I give it 3rd...not that far off! :p I just kinda like how they represented the Templars this time around more so then the whole Abstergo being bad thing I guess. But yeah, the weapons were just sweet!

Since y'know, I listen to a lot of rap music, I'm going to ignore all of the advice just given to me

I'll record this after lunch

Haven't played an AC game since Brotherhood, which I liked for the multiplayer.

Gonna get AC4 for Christmas because the piratey stuff looks fun enough to make the Assassin's Creed formula less boring to me.

Octodad is actually pretty terrible, except for his first ever match, where he crushed Ganondorf.

But what else can you expect from a perfectly normal dad? It's not like he's Flint or anything.

bread's done
Back