GGT 344 Is The One Manufactured After Guilty Spark

I played some Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark tonight and wow, that game is a piece of work. I had no idea a game on a current gen console could be that bad in the looks, gameplay, and be a massively large technical mess. It is a magnificently bad piece of shit.

Has anyone else played Apotheon? I started it up last night after the shit show that was Rise of the Dark Spark and I fucking LOVE it. Learning the intricacies of combat has been a lot more fun and there's a lot more to it than I expected. Pulling out your shield while someone is charging you with a spear and having it bounce them into the air so I can dash under them to stab them to death is insanely fun.

Has anyone else played Apotheon? I started it up last night after the shit show that was Rise of the Dark Spark and I fucking LOVE it. Learning the intricacies of combat has been a lot more fun and there's a lot more to it than I expected. Pulling out your shield while someone is charging you with a spear and having it bounce them into the air so I can dash under them to stab them to death is insanely fun.
This intrigues me, is it a PC game?

This intrigues me, is it a PC game?
I played on PS4, but it is on PC as well. I'd be interested to see what you think about it whenever you play it. I can see that it might be somewhat polarizing between the simple gameplay and art style, but I've only seen praise so far.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/63466-im-brianna-wu-and-im-risking-my-life-standing-up-to-gamergate

So like, I don't really have a place I go for gaming related stuff outside of CAG, so I don't know who Brianna Wu is outside of knowing she's some chick that tried bashing herself to create some controversy this week/last week on Steam Greenlight by flaming herself while being still logged in on her dev account and that there is an episode of Law and Order coming out based slightly on her experiences, but after that isn't it sort of feasible that she could actually be masterminding all of these death threats on herself post-Gamergate for publicity? I asked this on Facebook last night and was told by a lot of different gamer girls that I know that I was disgusting for even asking such a thing and that the fact that I could even think she would do such a thing proves that I'm misogynistic. I don't really understand why, but I did end up deleting the status so I would stop getting messaged about it... I just really wanted to know what you guys think about it.  

I played on PS4, but it is on PC as well. I'd be interested to see what you think about it whenever you play it. I can see that it might be somewhat polarizing between the simple gameplay and art style, but I've only seen praise so far.
I tried it and did not like it; granted I did remote play from PS4 to Vita, so it took a bit to realize some of the button mappings correctly... but on the whole everything felt too janky too me... I did the first few quests and then was just like "I've got much better things in my backlog."

I promptly deleted Apotheon from my PS4 and removed it from my Steam wishlist.

Last edited by a moderator:
was able to get toon link and sheik at GameStop today just need mega man fuck the other amiibos
The manager was like Nintendo refuses to send us amiibos he said I'm a manger and was unable to pre order a majoras mask 3ds

http://www.bustle.com/articles/63466-im-brianna-wu-and-im-risking-my-life-standing-up-to-gamergate

So like, I don't really have a place I go for gaming related stuff outside of CAG, so I don't know who Brianna Wu is outside of knowing she's some chick that tried bashing herself to create some controversy this week/last week on Steam Greenlight by flaming herself while being still logged in on her dev account and that there is an episode of Law and Order coming out based slightly on her experiences, but after that isn't it sort of feasible that she could actually be masterminding all of these death threats on herself post-Gamergate for publicity? I asked this on Facebook last night and was told by a lot of different gamer girls that I know that I was disgusting for even asking such a thing and that the fact that I could even think she would do such a thing proves that I'm misogynistic. I don't really understand why, but I did end up deleting the status so I would stop getting messaged about it... I just really wanted to know what you guys think about it.
Eh, I wouldn't worry about it much Joel. Some people don't wanna hear your opinion or input on things unless its exactly like theirs, especially here on the internet. They feel that if they get you to shut up then they win because their voice is all that matters and all that should be heard.

I don't claim to know much of anything about "Gamergate" or whatever they wanna call it. I did read some of that link you provided and stopped when I got to where she said:

And the truth is, women don’t truly have a seat at the table.
That's not the truth, that is her opinion. In continuing to read the article, again and again she tries to pass her opinions off as undeniable truth that cannot be debated. She's preaching, and just like a preacher at the pulpit, if you don't eat the wafer she's shoving down your throat then you're going to hell. But you and I don't know much about the whole "Gamergate" controversy, and we are men so we can't even speak our opinion because "...the fact that (you) could even think she would do such a thing proves that (you're) misogynistic." Just more opinions presented as fact.

You simply cannot win against these people unless you're willing to fight their stupidity with your own stupidity, and then the best you can do is a stalemate unless you want to resort to violence. And when violence enters the debate, everyone looses and nobody wins.

You simply cannot win against these people unless you're willing to fight their stupidity with your own stupidity, and then the best you can do is a stalemate unless you want to resort to violence.
Welcome to the Internet -- the Internet and the veil of anonymity is the reason this is in the state it is today. When you don't have to answer for your words, you can easily let your anger speak for you and let it dissolve into violence and threats.

I tried it and did not like it; granted I did remote play from PS4 to Vita, so it took a bit to realize some of the button mappings correctly... but on the whole everything felt too janky too me... I did the first few quests and then was just like "I've got much better things in my backlog."

I promptly deleted Apotheon from my PS4 and removed it from my Steam wishlist.
Okay, maybe I just haven't gotten far enough then. I felt like the game really opened up nicely after the town but I will play more. I definitely need to move on to more in my backlog though. What are you moving onto next, Frosty? Also, are you picking up DOA next week or will MKX be the next fighter you get?

was able to get toon link and sheik at GameStop today just need mega man fuck the other amiibos
The manager was like Nintendo refuses to send us amiibos he said I'm a manger and was unable to pre order a majoras mask 3ds
Are you going to try to hit up TRU tomorrow morning? I'm going. I already checked and they said they have 15 Mega Man amiibo. I'm super stoked to get one.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it much Joel. Some people don't wanna hear your opinion or input on things unless its exactly like theirs, especially here on the internet. They feel that if they get you to shut up then they win because their voice is all that matters and all that should be heard.

I don't claim to know much of anything about "Gamergate" or whatever they wanna call it. I did read some of that link you provided and stopped when I got to where she said:

That's not the truth, that is her opinion. In continuing to read the article, again and again she tries to pass her opinions off as undeniable truth that cannot be debated. She's preaching, and just like a preacher at the pulpit, if you don't eat the wafer she's shoving down your throat then you're going to hell. But you and I don't know much about the whole "Gamergate" controversy, and we are men so we can't even speak our opinion because "...the fact that (you) could even think she would do such a thing proves that (you're) misogynistic." Just more opinions presented as fact.

You simply cannot win against these people unless you're willing to fight their stupidity with your own stupidity, and then the best you can do is a stalemate unless you want to resort to violence. And when violence enters the debate, everyone looses and nobody wins.
Thank you, Krymner. Very wise words. I feel very much the same about the whole thing. I just wish I could communicate that to my family members. Now that my brothers are living with my Aunt I am constantly having her and my other Aunts asking me questions because they saw Gamergate in the news and think that videogames will make my brothers and myself into monsters. Also, a very apt observance that she is preaching. I had somehow missed that in the article and the other stuff I was reading about her and it is very true. She seems to enjoy whipping people into a sort of productive frenzy for females in gaming.

Okay, maybe I just haven't gotten far enough then. I felt like the game really opened up nicely after the town but I will play more. I definitely need to move on to more in my backlog though. What are you moving onto next, Frosty? Also, are you picking up DOA next week or will MKX be the next fighter you get?
You're probably further along than I got.

I had gone to the places in the first town but got bored/tired of it before the initial quests were done. I had made it to the blacksmith, the potion maker, and the grainery.

I'm not sure on fighters, but most of the time I've been going PC version (DoA5LR is preordered on PC). I'll probably be looking at the PC version MKX as well eventually.

I just finished (100%) the campaign mode of RE:R... not sure what's next. I did decide to try out Whispering Willows after that and beat it in one sitting... it was a solid adventure game.

You're probably further along than I got.

I had gone to the places in the first town but got bored/tired of it before the initial quests were done. I had made it to the blacksmith, the potion maker, and the grainery.

I'm not sure on fighters, but most of the time I've been going PC version (DoA5LR is preordered on PC). I'll probably be looking at the PC version MKX as well eventually.
Okay, I am definitely further than you were then. I can understand your issues with it, though.

Aww, okay! So are you planning on mainly getting fighters on PC this gen? Also, are you thinking you'll get any of the CEs of MKX?

Okay, I am definitely further than you were then. I can understand your issues with it, though.

Aww, okay! So are you planning on mainly getting fighters on PC this gen? Also, are you thinking you'll get any of the CEs of MKX?
Nah -- I'm not a huge Scorpion fan so I'm a bit tired of Boon's "I love Scorpion with my entire being, yes homo" schtick of forcing him into everything and everywhere.

The MK9 CE bokends was much better, although I'm still sick of Sub Zero being beaten on by the almighty Scorpion.

At least MKX has my 3 mainstays confirmed (Reptile, Sub Zero, Ermac).

Nah -- I'm not a huge Scorpion fan so I'm a bit tired of Boon's "I love Scorpion with my entire being, yes homo" schtick of forcing him into everything and everywhere.

The MK9 CE bokends was much better, although I'm still sick of Sub Zero being beaten on by the almighty Scorpion.

At least MKX has my 3 mainstays confirmed (Reptile, Sub Zero, Ermac).
I kind of agree. I prefer Lin Kuei to the Ninjas.

Yeah, I liked the bookends more too. I'm just going to get the CE that comes bundled with the Kombat pack. Who do you think will be the guest stars this time? Rumor is Sweet Tooth and Injustice Superman.

I know! I'm excited for Ermac. I'm hoping they add Stryker too. It seems really close to release for them not to have more characters announced.

I kind of agree. I prefer Lin Kuei to the Ninjas.

Yeah, I liked the bookends more too. I'm just going to get the CE that comes bundled with the Kombat pack. Who do you think will be the guest stars this time? Rumor is Sweet Tooth and Injustice Superman.

I know! I'm excited for Ermac. I'm hoping they add Stryker too. It seems really close to release for them not to have more characters announced.
Sweet Tooth would be weird... though the fatalities would have some interesting possibilities.

I really hope Injustice people stay out of it. They have no place in the game, IMO. They're going to give Superman fatalities? Yeah, cause that's totally in sync with his character. :lol:

I wouldn't mind Stryker coming back, but I'd like to see a few more new characters too... they're designs on the new ones have been pretty good so far.

Yeah, I've actually been digging a lot of the new designs. I'm probably gonna start with Ferra and Torr when I get it. If Kabal comes back though, he'll take over for me like he always does.

Got my shipping notifications for my Majora shit. The time is nigh.

Sweet Tooth would be weird... though the fatalities would have some interesting possibilities.

I really hope Injustice people stay out of it. They have no place in the game, IMO. They're going to give Superman fatalities? Yeah, cause that's totally in sync with his character. :lol:

I wouldn't mind Stryker coming back, but I'd like to see a few more new characters too... they're designs on the new ones have been pretty good so far.
People are only guessing Sweet Tooth because Ed Boone keeps tweeting shit with SWEET TOOTH in all caps. I don't really like him and I'm not really a fan of Twisted Metal, but I'm open to newcomers. I agree about Injustice Supes, not really wanting him, but if they want to try something new and DC will let him do that, I'm cool with seeing some violent shit.

I mainly want Stryker back because playing with Hank opened me up to playing a more ranged character and after playing Injustice I realized that Slade was verrrry similar to Stryker and I would like to do more of that. I would also like some new characters, I just hope they have Cyrax, Noob, and Smoke in this. I would be heartbroken to be missing some of my mains.

Yeah, I've actually been digging a lot of the new designs. I'm probably gonna start with Ferra and Torr when I get it. If Kabal comes back though, he'll take over for me like he always does.

Got my shipping notifications for my Majora shit. The time is nigh.
Ooh, I'm excited to play with you, dawg. I'm excited to try out Kotal Khan, but no one else besides him.

What factions will you guys be joining online? I'm getting on that Lin Kuei.

Ooh, I'm excited to play with you, dawg. I'm excited to try out Kotal Khan, but no one else besides him.

What factions will you guys be joining online? I'm getting on that Lin Kuei.
For sure, man. I know we didn't get to play too much Injustice, but I still enjoyed it.

I don't even know what the factions are all about.

For sure, man. I know we didn't get to play too much Injustice, but I still enjoyed it.

Sort of like that mode they put into UMvC3, I think... you pick a faction, then go play online and get victories to see which faction can win for the week/month/whatever. At least I think that's what it is.

I have no idea if some of the devs have patched their PS4 games since Skullgirls figured out how to let PS3/x360 fight sticks work on PS4, but Injustice could work with a controller... and since I have it from PS+, I downloaded it just in case you fellas actually set something up.

Yeah, seriously man, this ain't a tree to bark up.

Sort of like that mode they put into UMvC3, I think... you pick a faction, then go play online and get victories to see which faction can win for the week/month/whatever. At least I think that's what it is.

I have no idea if some of the devs have patched their PS4 games since Skullgirls figured out how to let PS3/x360 fight sticks work on PS4, but Injustice could work with a controller... and since I have it from PS+, I downloaded it just in case you fellas actually set something up.
We definitely will. I'd love to play something again.

I've actually always preferred pads for NRS games for some reason. Never really sure why. Don't remember the last time I used a stick.

Anyone still down for Smash later?

We need to play more Injustice!

Yep! That's what it is like. I'm going all Lin Kuei.

I was wondering the same thing.. But Skullgirls hasn't even been released for PS4 yet, so I don't know if they let out the patch for anyone to mess with yet. And if you want to play Injustice, I'd be happy. I haven't played it in forever and I would love to play with you guys!

Yeah, seriously man, this ain't a tree to bark up.
You mean it's better to just not try to talk to folks about it or it's best not to ask if people thought she might be trying to get herself in the news? I can understand how either would probably be best not to discuss, I just wanted to know what folks in here thought since we seem more easy going than other people I know.

My advice is don't go jumping into a hornet's nest with nothing but a conspiracy theory. Instead, I'd recommend doing some research and seeing which idea is more logical based on the evidence: 1. someone masterminding death threats against herself or 2. harassment against an outspoken woman on the internet.

You mean it's better to just not try to talk to folks about it or it's best not to ask if people thought she might be trying to get herself in the news? I can understand how either would probably be best not to discuss, I just wanted to know what folks in here thought since we seem more easy going than other people I know.
I... well, here's where I'm coming from on this:

The Venn diagram overlap between "people who are into conspiracy theories about Brianna Wu" and "people who aren't massive assholes" is pretty small. "Rounds of Smash I've ever beaten a half-way competent Diddy" small. "Good characters in Dragon Age 2" small. "Things Frosty likes about Nintendo" small. "My ability to resist shoehorning in a penis joke here" small.

Given that... just don't, y'know? Don't go into that shit. At best, people will think you're an asshole. At worst, you'll be an asshole.

My advice is don't go jumping into a hornet's nest with nothing but a conspiracy theory. Instead, I'd recommend doing some research and seeing which idea is more logical based on the evidence: 1. someone masterminding death threats against herself or 2. harassment against an outspoken woman on the internet.
It wasn't meant as a conspiracy theory, I just asked if anyone thought that it was possible that after the Gamergate thing she made threats on herself and got a lot of nasty messages and comments. I even noted in my status that I did not necessarily think that, but I just wanted to know what people thought that actually did follow her in the news thought about that stuff given that she flamed herself.

I see that just asking such a thing could have been seen as trying to incite something, but I just wanted to know what the people I know thought given that they follow it all so closely and didn't think it was an odd thing to ask since I don't really follow enough news to even know who this chick is outside of the link that I posted.

It honestly didn't seem like the worst question at the time and since there isn't really a Podtoid crew anymore I don't have anywhere else to turn for people talking about gaming news, so I don't keep track of things going on in the industry except for the random things I see in other people's news feeds.

The Venn diagram overlap between "people who are into conspiracy theories about Brianna Wu" and "people who aren't massive assholes" is pretty small. "Rounds of Smash I've ever beaten a half-way competent Diddy" small. "Good characters in Dragon Age 2" small. "Things Frosty likes about Nintendo" small. "My ability to resist shoehorning in a penis joke here" small.

Given that... just don't, y'know? Don't go into that shit. At best, people will think you're an asshole. At worst, you'll be an asshole.
I didn't mean it as a conspiracy theory, but I understand what you're saying and I'll just drop it. I just wanted to know what people thought and it wasn't meant to be inflamatory. Just a question.

It wasn't meant as a conspiracy theory, I just asked if anyone thought that it was possible that after the Gamergate thing she made threats on herself and got a lot of nasty messages and comments. I even noted in my status that I did not necessarily think that, but I just wanted to know what people thought that actually did follow her in the news thought about that stuff given that she flamed herself.

I see that just asking such a thing could have been seen as trying to incite something, but I just wanted to know what the people I know thought given that they follow it all so closely and didn't think it was an odd thing to ask since I don't really follow enough news to even know who this chick is outside of the link that I posted.

It honestly didn't seem like the worst question at the time and since there isn't really a Podtoid crew anymore I don't have anywhere else to turn for people talking about gaming news, so I don't keep track of things going on in the industry except for the random things I see in other people's news feeds.
A few things:

1. It is a conspiracy theory when you suggest that someone faked death threats against themselves. Whether you are saying that you believe that conspiracy theory or not is a separate thing.

2. The reaction you got should show you the answer to your question about what people think about that conspiracy theory.

3. "given that she flamed herself" - I think you were jumping off from a false assumption in the first place on this one, which is probably why you got the reaction you did. I'd check your source on that, and like I said, do some research on the situation before throwing an idea out there if you don't want to risk people assuming you are a jerk.

It's a no win situation.

I thought Anita Sarkeesian was a bit of a feminist asshole before this all blew up... but I can't say much about her now because of #GAMERGATE and all the BSt that goes along with it without being called a misogynist (I'm not, I'm a misanthropist) and an asshole.

#GAMERGATE is just bad news.

Also, you could probably make that smaller, the reference to me...

Smaller: "Things Frosty likes about the 3DS."

Even Smaller: "Things Frosty likes about Smash Bros."

Even Smaller still: "Things Frosty likes about Monster Hunter."

Also, you could probably make that smaller, the reference to me...

Smaller: "Things Frosty likes about the 3DS."

Even Smaller: "Things Frosty likes about Smash Bros."

Even Smaller still: "Things Frosty likes about Monster Hunter."
Smallest: The likelihood of Frosty buying a Monster Hunter DLC for Smash Bros.

Wait, so that Steam Greenlight post wasn't meant as her flaming herself? I didn't realize it could have been something else and now rereading it, I suppose I understand. Sorry for my misunderstanding. Thank you Josh for clarifying stuff for me. I'm not so great at speaking very specifically, so I see where I made the mistakes in my phrasing when I asked the questions I did. Thank you and everyone for talking about this and sort of giving me a lesson on what is actually okay to talk about.

I realize while typing this that it likely sounds sarcastic, but I am being quite sincere in my thanks. I didn't mean anything by what I was asking or in the way I asked it. I just wanted to ask people that knew a bit more than I did and you guys all did help.

Wait, so that Steam Greenlight post wasn't meant as her flaming herself? I didn't realize it could have been something else and now rereading it, I suppose I understand. Sorry for my misunderstanding. Thank you Josh for clarifying stuff for me. I'm not so great at speaking very specifically, so I see where I made the mistakes in my phrasing when I asked the questions I did. Thank you and everyone for talking about this and sort of giving me a lesson on what is actually okay to talk about.

I realize while typing this that it likely sounds sarcastic, but I am being quite sincere in my thanks. I didn't mean anything by what I was asking or in the way I asked it. I just wanted to ask people that knew a bit more than I did and you guys all did help.
Glad to help Joel. I know you're not being sarcastic. It's hard to ask questions about sensitive topics on the internet, so asking friends for advice on how to not accidentally sound like a jerk is a smart and productive thing to do. The real jerks are the people who don't make any attempt to analyze why people may have called them a jerk.

Anyone in here have Phantom Breakers on Vita?

I could use a partner to get the last two trophies I need for 100%... so if you have it and you wouldn't mind playing a round or two, please let me know.  

Anyone in here have Phantom Breakers on Vita?

I could use a partner to get the last two trophies I need for 100%... so if you have it and you wouldn't mind playing a round or two, please let me know.
I haven't had a chance to play it but I own it. Would that be fine? If so, I'll get on after a get a bit of studying done.

Anyone getting MH4? No? Okay.

B9rHGSXIUAA5i-S.png

bread's done
Back