GGT #35 vs the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIKALL SERRAA KILLZ SOME ZOMBIES WITH GUITAR PILGRIM!!
jesse_eisenberg_.jpg

image.php

Am I too late? What?

Is Gizmo the new GGT mascot or something?

Anyways, do any of you use any kind of high-grade headset for gaming? I'm thinking of getting a pair of Trittons since they are multiplatform, but it will be primarily used for the PS3. I looked into the Astro's but they are expesive as hell, so unless one of the people I met through the Tester comes through and gets me one for free, I wont be getting those.

To be honest, I've only heard bad things about the wireless headset for the 360. I haven't heard a thing about any headsets for the PS3.

I use the Sony PS3 Blutoof, it works fine, build quality is good, but it's not going to work with my Sennheiser headphones. I used to want a way to have game sounds and voice chat from one headset, then I gave up on that dream since loud ass game sounds = not hearing talking.

That's what my home theater setup is for, just wish I could blast it at night.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']To be honest, I've only heard bad things about the wireless headset for the 360. I haven't heard a thing about any headsets for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

2vinxwm.jpg

I use this for my PS3 headset. I really only used it when I played multiplayer Killzone 2 though, but it seemed alright; though I do find that hearing the voice in just one ear is a little annoying; but for me it was the best option since any headphones with cups press my glasses against my head and becomes painfully uncomfortable, so I basically just stick with ear bud type headphones/headsets.

I have a set of X31s for the 360. I love em. I'm sick and tired of PSN. I get signed out for no reason all the time. I can't even download Scott Pilgrim. 4% of 177mb in 2 days. Shit sucks ass.

[quote name='Dandeschain']I have a set of X31s for the 360. I love em. I'm sick and tired of PSN. I get signed out for no reason all the time. I can't even download Scott Pilgrim. 4% of 177mb in 2 days. Shit sucks ass.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the media sharing enabled? Whenever I have that on it randomly logs me out of PSN.

[quote name='dallow']
B003WFLGO4-xboxpr.jpg

lol[/QUOTE]
Who would pay $150 for that thing?
LinkinPrime

I can see some great spying action happening as this loud RC car tries to creep around to get footage before it dies five minutes after it was fully charged.

[quote name='Dandeschain']I have a set of X31s for the 360. I love em. I'm sick and tired of PSN. I get signed out for no reason all the time. I can't even download Scott Pilgrim. 4% of 177mb in 2 days. Shit sucks ass.[/QUOTE]

Got a 20/60GB system using wireless on it?

Wireless was one of the reasons I would wait a day before I would download shit from PSN. Now I have a wired connection, and things download pretty fast, but I never really got over that "wait a day" habit. Eh, whatever.

fuck wireless.

I use wireless as well and have never been dropped from PSN, but as others have said my downloads seem a bit slow. Although we aren't talking like super slow here (so maybe it is just PSN because I think my 360, which also uses WiFi, downloads data substantially faster). Like I'd say I get maybe 1-2mb/s download from PSN, like the slowest download I ever did on it was for the Heavy Rain demo off of PSN Europe (but my guess is the server was in Europe) and the file was over 1GB and it took like 30-45 minutes to download.

[quote name='gunm']I use wireless for my PS3 connection--don't get dropped. PSN is slower than XBL.[/QUOTE]

Shh, are you trying to summon TMK?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Do you have the media sharing enabled? Whenever I have that on it randomly logs me out of PSN.[/QUOTE]

Media sharing is off and it's an 80gb system using wireless. I guess I could try it out wired. It's always given me trouble though. Took days to download the Heavy Rain and GOWIII demos. I'd sell it, but I'm holding out hope for a Demon's Souls sequel. XBL is light years better then PSN.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I've been out of the gaming (and CAG) loop for a while, but I'm appalled at this so called Call of Duty: Black Ops. How long can Activision sustain this crappy charade year after year? It seems like it might take another industry crash or something similar to give these publishers a reality check. You can't keep releasing the same crap over and over again and expect consumers to snap it up forever. THEY WILL GET SICK OF IT EVENTUALLY AND TURN ON YOU! Whew.

Anyway, how is everybody here doing? I've been busy with real life stuff lately, not much time for CAG.

Actually, that's mainly due to the what.cd forums. ;)[/QUOTE]Hey, so glad to see you again SammyFez. :D Hope you've been doing all right. I understand about stuff keeping you busy (same for me at times, which explains why I don't follow much stuff on CAG like the old days).

As for PSN downloads, mine are always fast, but I'm wired (since I use Ad-Hoc party at times).

I can deal with slow wireless downloads for the convenience. To have a wired connection I'd have to keep switching from 360 to PS3 as I only have 1 ethernet cable and 1 ethernet port in the room.

I'm torn on Scotty Pilgrim. It's on PSN now, but I only have one controller.

[quote name='distgfx']God damn, wireless defense army is in full force![/QUOTE]

I would gladly use a wired connection if I were able to.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I would gladly use a wired connection if I were able to.[/QUOTE]

Why can't you use wired? If it's because of where your router is, you should see the length of the wire I use.

[quote name='distgfx']Why can't you use wired? If it's because of where your router is, you should see the length of the wire I use.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much, I know I could get a cable long enough but it would be too much of a pain for me to bother.

[quote name='distgfx']Why can't you use wired? If it's because of where your router is, you should see the length of the wire I use.[/QUOTE]

We ran a 100 foot ethernet cable through an air duct into my friend's basement, ran it to a switch, that runs 3 20 foot cables to everything in his basement. 100 footer barely made it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Pretty much, I know I could get a cable long enough but it would be too much of a pain for me to bother.[/QUOTE]

Buy a cable, run it to the router and enjoy your better connection. I know enjoying it is tough work, but I swear, it gets easier.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']We ran a 100 foot ethernet cable through an air duct into my friend's basement, ran it to a switch, that runs 3 20 foot cables to everything in his basement. 100 footer barely made it.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather do that than use wireless.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']To be honest, I've only heard bad things about the wireless headset for the 360. I haven't heard a thing about any headsets for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

What, you stopped listening to testimonials about the 360 wireless headset 4 years ago?

Ever since MS switched from wall to USB charging around Halo 3, they've been fine.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I have way more trouble with my wired XBL connection than my wireless PS3.[/QUOTE]

Mana Knight hijacked JSP's account?

:whee:

[quote name='manthing']What, you stopped listening to testimonials about the 360 wireless headset 4 years ago?

Ever since MS switched from wall to USB charging around Halo 3, they've been fine.

Mana Knight hijacked JSP's account?

:whee:[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! Pro-MS, Anti-Sony? Only one answer here... LinkinPrime hacked Manthing's account?!
j/k

My PSN downloads always seem slower than XBL dls. I've always attributed it to the size of my PSN downloads compared to the XBL ones though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back