GGT #35 vs the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='panzerfaust']The Ochu? Yeah that was fucking nuts.[/QUOTE]

I meant toughest boss in the story. Neochu man...fuck him, and his seedlings.

You can't beat any of the story bosses with Death, at least to my knowledge. Even if you could, waiting for the randomness of that spell to hit would drive me insane as opposed to just beating the boss clean.

Speaking of tough bosses I just got past the table bosses in Persona 3 Portable, with Jack Frost pulling through for the clutch. It was one of those, "do I risk the heals and continue, or go straight for the possible victory" moments.

[quote name='heavyd853']Chac Ketsui > Espgaluda II yeah?

I'm not sure which one I should buy next.[/QUOTE]

Oh, Ketsui is easily the better game. But keep in mind that unlike Espgaluda II, it's not region free. I dunno if you're rollin' with a J360 or what.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']currently playing the game of life and losing... I need a damn full-time job![/QUOTE]

With you there... though in a few months I have a strong chance of being the head of the software department for a well known design/toy studio ^_^

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']With you there... though in a few months I have a strong chance of being the head of the software department for a well known design/toy studio ^_^[/QUOTE]

if that's the case, you're paying for my Vegas trip!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']With you there... though in a few months I have a strong chance of being the head of the software department for a well known design/toy studio ^_^[/QUOTE]

Don't forget us little people on the way to the top. :cool:

I would like first dibs on all the toys you want to give away. :bouncy:

Tonight I think I will continue on with ACII. Story-wise I'm only in Venice right now, but still have an assload of stuff to complete in the other places. It takes me forever to play games like this. :cold:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']if that's the case, you're paying for my Vegas trip![/QUOTE]

if it pays well then yeah ^_^

[quote name='gunm']Don't forget us little people on the way to the top. :cool:

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping if I do get the job I'll be doing some nice prize stuff and pull some CAGs in.

Friend's here will be able to beta test shit once more things are made (first goals are iphone games and easy things, crazy stuff later, can't talk bout it).

and yes, I can snag free toys. I already got 10 designer toys off em and gave em all to friends and girls I was hitting on.

outside of work I'm putting together a non for profit organization type of thing with games and interactive art in mind:

http://interactiveinitiative.blogspot.com/

I'll be throwing a contest soon for indie games to be made...

[quote name='gunm']Don't forget us little people on the way to the top. :cool:

Tonight I think I will continue on with ACII. Story-wise I'm only in Venice right now, but still have an assload of stuff to complete in the other places. It takes me forever to play games like this. :cold:[/QUOTE]
Man, I completely devoured AC2 when I got it. Last time I pulled an all-nighter for a game was Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door.

goddamnit...i'm so far behind on ggt! We need a digest...like

GGT #35:
--JSP posts gizmo
--Gremlins is now a meme
--TMK gets shouted out for the 436th time
--Rero posts awesome hard-to-find pic
--TMK gets shouted out for the 437th time

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's awesome not having any motivation to do a damn thing all day.

Slacker FTW.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

darkness needs this

bearsuit.jpg

and I just like this

shoujotastic.jpg

super soakers also use to be cool

supercollection.jpg

[quote name='panzerfaust']yeah i had goals at the start of this summer and failed miserably at all of them.[/QUOTE]

Same. The only goal I achieved was buying a car. And I did that on July 2nd.

Need job. :drool:

I actually got some stuff done this summer... got my resume out to about 25 districts, lost some weight + gained some muscle (still a work in progress) and began my road to becoming a minimalist.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I actually got some stuff done this summer... got my resume out to about 25 districts, lost some weight + gained some muscle (still a work in progress) and began my road to becoming a minimalist.[/QUOTE]

awesome. Kinda same here. since this is my first summer out of any education system I've been able to do everything I never had time for. Doing everything that dosn't require money.

I did a lot this summer. I did a couple of extra classes in my time off, wrote a few scripts/screenplays, and beat a ton of games. I feel good about being back in school.

WOOO! Alan Wake is finally supposed to come from GameFly today! I'm dying to play it!

I just had a few goals. Get As in my summer courses (so far have 2 out of 4, waiting on the other grades), have a shitload of fun and relaxation (did that), find a girlfriend (found her), and get a tattoo (probably not happening until later this year.)

Mostly all I've done is be bored, and get into the law school I wanted to. Now I just need to not fail out of said law school. It can't possibly be that much work, right?

[quote name='KingBroly']You're about to fight the toughest boss in the game. Well, only the bad the players say that. The good players beat it without it casting Doom.

After I beat Arkham Asylum on Normal (I've beaten it on Easy and Hard) I think I'll go punish myself again by going back to Demon's Souls.[/QUOTE]

I killed that mother fucker WITH death and it was still a pain in the ass. The first time I did it, the little bastard seeds overran me and the skullfucked me to death.
I adjusted my paradigms to deal with them better and retried... I don't care that I used death for it the first time, because I got the growth egg now. Without the growth Egg, leveling to be able to drop that Neochu with the seedlings would have taken another 2 weeks of playing...

As for Arkham Asylum, I've never played through on anything but hard. Why would you do easy/normal? I stopped normal about 1/3 of the way in and went back to start on hard instead. (Then I had my save corrupt 80% of the way through... and started again on hard. Then I got it on PS3 and played through on hard again...)

[quote name='panzerfaust']You can't beat any of the story bosses with Death, at least to my knowledge. Even if you could, waiting for the randomness of that spell to hit would drive me insane as opposed to just beating the boss clean.
[/QUOTE]

I asked below, but I'm curious as to which one he meant -- the final set of Bosses (form 2, in the final boss, in particularly) were a pain in my fucking nuts. I left and went and leveled for a long time, handling a lot of the mission stuff before I went back and managed to squeak out a victory against form 2. Form 3? I laughed... on into the night... as I fucked him up beyond all recognition and got the superstar trophy without even trying.

[quote name='ninja dog']goddamnit...i'm so far behind on ggt! We need a digest...like

GGT #35:
--JSP posts gizmo
--Gremlins is now a meme
--TMK gets shouted out for the 436th time
--Rero posts awesome hard-to-find pic
--TMK gets shouted out for the 437th time[/QUOTE]

The OTT tried it. It didn't work so good. BigSpoonyBard didn't keep up with the OTTs, they were going too fast for him.

[quote name='manthing']All I've done is drink, travel, drink, hang out, drink, and ignore games.

Also sold off my 80GB paperweight, err :ps3:[/QUOTE]

I took down the fucking pool in my backyard. That counts for something, right? What a pain in the ass. Next up, slaughtering the vegetation in the rock garden and chopping down the dead tree (now that the pool is gone, there's more than enough room to do so).

[quote name='KingBroly']I meant toughest boss in the story. Neochu man...fuck him, and his seedlings.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. fuck that dude. But seriously, I fucked up every boss in the story without death. Which one were you talking about?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
I took down the fucking pool in my backyard. That counts for something, right? [/QUOTE]

image.php

Did I do that right?

Ninja Five-0

Kane and Lynch 2 looks HORRRRIBLE

First disappointment of the 2010 holiday has arrived.

[quote name='jer7583']Kane and Lynch 2 looks HORRRRIBLE

First disappointment of the 2010 holiday has arrived.[/QUOTE]

Because of the giant bomb review?

I'm still interested, just not at 60.00

Oh and ME2 coming to 360 further proves having both systems is (mostly) pointless.

[quote name='seanr1221']
Oh and ME2 coming to 360 further proves having both systems is (mostly) pointless.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Quoted for posterity

I guess I will be replaying Mass Effect 2 now that it's coming to the PS3 :D

Also, I'm really not that impressed with Star Wars: TFU so far, I beat the prologue and the first level and it's just kind of like a "meh" game so far.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I wonder what is up with Mass Effect that it's not being bundled with ME2 for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Well, since Mass Effect was a technical disaster on 360, do you think it'd be any better on PS3?

[quote name='manthing']How can a summer release be a holiday disappointment?[/QUOTE]

I've always thought of august/september as the beginning of the "holiday" release period. It's slow but there have been some big "holiday" games released around this time in the past. Bioshock being the biggest one I can think of immediately. I don't really think of the "holiday release period" to be based on seasons. But that's just my opinion. it could just as easily be called a summer release.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I guess I will be replaying Mass Effect 2 now that it's coming to the PS3 :D

Also, I'm really not that impressed with Star Wars: TFU so far, I beat the prologue and the first level and it's just kind of like a "meh" game so far.[/QUOTE]

You can sell it to me, if you don't like it... well, depending on what you paid for it. :cool:

Also, imo, ME2 on PS3 is stupid if they don't port ME with it as well. It'd be like watching/reading LoTR starting with The Two Towers. I'm not saying the ME plot/story (particularly the BS that constituted a main "story" in ME2) are on literary classic level here, just that without the original entry, a lot of the important bits of the story, which all happened in ME, would be missing for newcomers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']You can sell it to me, if you don't like it... well, depending on what you paid for it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm probably still going to keep it for the sheer point of it being so rare. I mean I'll still try to play through more of the levels. It may not have helped that both times I played, I was tired as hell. Around how long is the game supposed to be?

"My holidays last for five months."

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, since Mass Effect was a technical disaster on 360, do you think it'd be any better on PS3?[/QUOTE]
Anybody that's waited this long would want all of the content they can get even if ME's aged poorly.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I'm probably still going to keep it for the sheer point of it being so rare. I mean I'll still try to play through more of the levels. It may not have helped that both times I played, I was tired as hell. Around how long is the game supposed to be?[/QUOTE]

It's short. Like 8-10 hours. There's only 9 chapters in the core game and none of them are overly long.

The regular version only runs like 8 bucks. I can just grab that and buy the extra content for cheaper than the "rare" edition, though the "rare" edition has a better cover for sure.:cool:

I hope nobody expected Kane and Lynch 2 to be good, since the first one was complete dogshit.

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 just reminds me that I need to play more ME2. :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back