GGT 363 Found a Black Book but still got Whilewashed

Watched Pvris in concert yesterday.

Too good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4iQItsJSY

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded Discord awhile back, but haven't used it much at all. Not even sure what its supposed to be for. Is it an alternative to Skype or something like the new AIM? AIM is dying soon. Do Zeki and Beatles still use AIM? I haven't touched AIM in 5-years or so.

tumblr_oxc1rc8n7i1vw9qofo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oxc1rc8n7i1vw9qofo5_1280.jpg

You should be happy.

You now don't have to convince yourself that it's good and can just blame Whedon for it being bad, unlike with BvS.

Comic books!  I wish Marvel would get past their SJW-phase, but at least they turning Deadpool away from being a hero and back to being an a-hole. Astonishing X-Men is good, but the rest of the mutant line is sketchy. Avengers hasn't been too good for awhile, and its supposed to be going weekly next year so I'm not sure how that's supposed to make it any better. Batman is still Batman, and its the only DC I've been reading except for Warren Ellis's Wildstorm, and that's not exactly DC but it is pretty great.

Comic books! I wish Marvel would get past their SJW-phase, but at least they turning Deadpool away from being a hero and back to being an a-hole. Astonishing X-Men is good, but the rest of the mutant line is sketchy. Avengers hasn't been too good for awhile, and its supposed to be going weekly next year so I'm not sure how that's supposed to make it any better. Batman is still Batman, and its the only DC I've been reading except for Warren Ellis's Wildstorm, and that's not exactly DC but it is pretty great.
I don’t feel like they really have a SJW thing going on. It just feels like they’re all over the place in terms of writing. Editorial doesn’t know how to corral the writers properly and not including the X-Men in the bigger picture means most Mutant related stuff feels cheaper and like it doesn’t matter. I haven’t been reading Astonishing, but i’ve been reading X-Men Blue a lot lately. It’s not terrible. I like the weird stuff they’re doing with Ultimate characters.

Gotta say, only thing I really hate at Marvel right now is almost anything Bendis touches. He has gotten so basic and up his own ass in the last year. I’m hoping Cable’s appearance in the most recent issue of Spider-Man marks a turning point, but I doubt it.

At least Amazing, Ben, and Venom are good.

At DC i’m Liking a looooot more. Dark Knights Metal is still weird though. Feels like Snyder is stuffing each comic to the brim. So it feels like it’s easy to miss small plot points. Guess it’s kind of like a regular Morrison story in that regard.

I don’t feel like they really have a SJW thing going on. It just feels like they’re all over the place in terms of writing. Editorial doesn’t know how to corral the writers properly and not including the X-Men in the bigger picture means most Mutant related stuff feels cheaper and like it doesn’t matter. I haven’t been reading Astonishing, but i’ve been reading X-Men Blue a lot lately. It’s not terrible. I like the weird stuff they’re doing with Ultimate characters.

Gotta say, only thing I really hate at Marvel right now is almost anything Bendis touches. He has gotten so basic and up his own ass in the last year. I’m hoping Cable’s appearance in the most recent issue of Spider-Man marks a turning point, but I doubt it.

At least Amazing, Ben, and Venom are good.

At DC i’m Liking a looooot more. Dark Knights Metal is still weird though. Feels like Snyder is stuffing each comic to the brim. So it feels like it’s easy to miss small plot points. Guess it’s kind of like a regular Morrison story in that regard.
I agree that Marvel editorial is the whole problem of Marvel. There is no consistency across the titles like there used to be even a few years ago. Every time a new writer is brought aboard onto a title, they just wipe away everything the previous writer was doing and never look back. Bendis needs to just go away. The whole mutant storyline in the Secret Empire crossover was garbage. I really hope with this Marvel "Legacy" relaunch that they'll get their shit together, but I'm not holding my breath.

You can add me on discord if you want, I recently started using it though so I don't know all the little quirks about it yet. My username is BlackRockWaifu#0872. And no, that picture in my avatar isn't me.

Joel, talk to me about Justice League
Sure! What do you want to talk about, brah?

I agree that Marvel editorial is the whole problem of Marvel. There is no consistency across the titles like there used to be even a few years ago. Every time a new writer is brought aboard onto a title, they just wipe away everything the previous writer was doing and never look back. Bendis needs to just go away. The whole mutant storyline in the Secret Empire crossover was garbage. I really hope with this Marvel "Legacy" relaunch that they'll get their shit together, but I'm not holding my breath.
I've got high hopes for Legacy. Mainly because Wolverine is back. I have missed him. Excited to see how he gets on with his son from another universe and OML.

You can add me on discord if you want, I recently started using it though so I don't know all the little quirks about it yet. My username is BlackRockWaifu#0872. And no, that picture in my avatar isn't me.
I added youuuuu!

"Can I get this dog to stand in for me, a subwoofer if you will."
Yeaaaaah, Subwoofer Technologyyyyy!

I've been playing a lot of Shovel Knight on Switch. This is the third time I've played through this game this year. I'm still not sick of it.

About how great it looks.

Can we also talk about how good BvS is?
I think it does look great. Really excited to see the Flash and (maybe) GL!

Gah, I really hope GL is in it. I've been getting back into Johns' run on Gl and I forgot just how much I loved it. It's perfect.

And man, I just rewatched BvS the other day and I still don't think that's a bad movie at all. So fucking good.

bread's done
Back