GGT #39: Other G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten plenty of LImited/Collector's edition and some where worth it (Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Fallout 3) while some weren't (Fable 2, Devil May Cry 4).

I do plan on getting the Fallout: New Vegas CE and the WoW Cataclysm CE.

I never get LEs. No interest in knick knacks etc. Just want to play the game, finish it, and trade/sell it and move on to the next.

I have a whole bunch of LEs, ME1, ME2, Halo 2, Halo 3 (Legendary and Limited), MK: Deception (Sub-Zero and Scorpion copies), Gears of War 2, God of War 3 whateverthefuckitwas edition, and lots more.

So, if I pause my game in DR2 Case 0 does the time limit keep going? I paused and went away for a while and when I came back it was night time and it was early morning when I left. If not, then that game is fucking short.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I have a whole bunch of LEs, ME1, ME2, Halo 2, Halo 3 (Legendary and Limited), MK: Deception (Sub-Zero and Scorpion copies), Gears of War 2, God of War 3 whateverthefuckitwas edition, and lots more.

So, if I pause my game in DR2 Case 0 does the time limit keep going? I paused and went away for a while and when I came back it was night time and it was early morning when I left. If not, then that game is fucking short.[/QUOTE]

The game time moves on an accelerated clock. I think it's something like every 1 minute our time is like 4-6 minutes game time.

I know this due to if you sit and play straight through the 72 hour mode on DR1, it will take ~14 hours of straight playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it moves on an accelerated clock, I was asking if the time keeps moving while the game is paused, because I was playing right after I get the case to get the Bike parts in the morning, paused and left for a while, came back, unpaused and got greeted by night Zombies.

Just finished the A Ending. Good game. It makes me really want the full game, but I think I'll wait for a price drop.

lol i'm looking at the new arrivals dlc and guess what i found.

tiger woods pga tour 11: fantasy pack

[quote name='gunm']I'm waiting for Alan Wake LE to drop some more. $60 - fight club is still too high for me...or is it?[/QUOTE]

wait it doesnt have to be a preorder?!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know it moves on an accelerated clock, I was asking if the time keeps moving while the game is paused, because I was playing right after I get the case to get the Bike parts in the morning, paused and left for a while, came back, unpaused and got greeted by night Zombies.

Just finished the A Ending. Good game. It makes me really want the full game, but I think I'll wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]
Pressing Start should pause the clock, though if you're not going to play it for that long, you should go to a restroom and save. There are a few besides the one in the safehouse.

It turned me from "maybe a rental" to "probably buy it at launch" after getting the S-rank.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know it moves on an accelerated clock, I was asking if the time keeps moving while the game is paused, because I was playing right after I get the case to get the Bike parts in the morning, paused and left for a while, came back, unpaused and got greeted by night Zombies.

Just finished the A Ending. Good game. It makes me really want the full game, but I think I'll wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, as long as it is paused, it doesn't take from in-game time, however all of my playthroughs have been at once.

I'm not going to buy Dead Rising 2 because I get the feeling that I'll hate it. Also, if it's the same time setup as Dead Rising (meaning 72-hours) then the game is only 6 hours long. Now I know Dead Rising is supposed to be played multiple times, but I don't really have the attention span for that.

Now, to completely contradict that, I've played
the Escape Sequence
in Metroid Other M roughly 15 times now. I've gotten
my time to when the cutscene starts down to 2:33, which is very, very good, but it can still be faster.
All I need is some recording equipment to capture/upload it because I think I could set a record for it. I think I'm going to start a speedrun of it on Saturday. Even though cutscenes count towards your playtime (even when skipped) I think I could beat it in under 4 hours on the game clock, which would roughly make it 2:30-2:45.

I know I've shown my love of all things Metroid
Hunters doesn't count
but this is really the first game I want to speedrun/sequence break from the start. I really only went back to speedrun previous games after a few months. I've also watched a few things in the Theater Mode, and I've got to say that I've actually learned some moves from the videos that I didn't think were there.

Trying to plow through Mafia II so I can ship it back before Phantasy Star Port II ships...

Taking longer just because I'm trying to snag all the playboy mags so I can be proud of perv.

Also played the PSP Yakuza demo... I'm sold. First time I've seen someone use alot of filters on a PSP game and it works!

How much did release date delivery cost for games on Amazon before now? I just got an email for my LBP Collector's edition pre-order saying it now cost 99 cents.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Pressing Start should pause the clock, though if you're not going to play it for that long, you should go to a restroom and save. There are a few besides the one in the safehouse.

It turned me from "maybe a rental" to "probably buy it at launch" after getting the S-rank.[/QUOTE]

What is the s-rank and how do i get it?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Pressing Start should pause the clock, though if you're not going to play it for that long, you should go to a restroom and save. There are a few besides the one in the safehouse.

It turned me from "maybe a rental" to "probably buy it at launch" after getting the S-rank.[/QUOTE]

How do you get S-Rank?

--

Scrote, S-Rank has to be the typical scoring system for capcom where the only thing better than A-Rank is S-Rank.
I've saved all survivors, gotten all achievements, but pretty sure I only get A-Rank...

[quote name='BlueScrote']What is the s-rank and how do i get it?[/QUOTE]
I think he is talking about getting an S rank for it over at Giantbomb. It basically means that he got all the achievements for the game. Which I just did myself.... now I just need to do it with 7 more games.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Scrote, S-Rank has to be the typical scoring system for Japanese developers where the only thing better than A-Rank is S-Rank.
[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']How much did release date delivery cost for games on Amazon before now? I just got an email for my LBP Collector's edition pre-order saying it now cost 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's what it's going to be if you don't have Prime, which is handy considering I just canceled Prime.

I think Anthony Burch from Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'/Destructoid is writing for Duke Nukem Forever. He recently went to work for Gearbox and keeps teasing that he's working on something big. I guessed that it was DNF a month or so ago on Twitter and he wouldn't answer me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think Anthony Burch from Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'/Destructoid is writing for Duke Nukem Forever. He recently went to work for Gearbox and keeps teasing that he's working on something big. I guessed that it was DNF a month or so ago on Twitter and he wouldn't answer me.[/QUOTE]

I focus tested Borderlands for Gearbox. It was cool, I got snacks and a shirt.

uh oh, DNF confirmed at PAX.

OMG IT'S BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT SO LONG AND HAS BEEN SO HYPED ON THE INTERNET THAT IT MUST BE THE BEST GAME EVER

no. shut up gamers.

[quote name='ninja dog']does Valkyria Chronicles 1 stay good throughout the game or does it get boring and tedious with hour long fights?[/QUOTE]

Eh, there are a couple of tedious fights as you approach the end, but overall I think the cap on turns (which I never hit) ensures that the battles never feel too long. Also, I mean unlike every other SRPG you never have to grind in Valkyria Chronicles so you are always playing a new mission which is nice.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I think he is talking about getting an S rank for it over at Giantbomb. It basically means that he got all the achievements for the game. Which I just did myself.... now I just need to do it with 7 more games.[/QUOTE]
Bingo.

Bah, for some reason Giantbomb didn't award me that quest even though I have 3 S ranks.

Oh god Gearbox really picked up DNF? I can't wait for all the shit Anthony Burch will get for this on the Electric hydra podcast.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I have a feeling Duke Nukem Forever is going to end up very mediocre.[/QUOTE]
Thats likely. The game has been hyped up for so many years it'll be impossible to live up to this...

Oh man... Giantbomb's PAX panel is tonight. I can't wait to hear what Jeff Gerstmann has to say about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEr-xhK1Ofo

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Bah, for some reason Giantbomb didn't award me that quest even though I have 3 S ranks.

Oh god Gearbox really picked up DNF? I can't wait for all the shit Anthony Burch will get for this on the Electric hydra podcast.[/QUOTE]
What's Electric Hydra?

Man, I can't wait to see if this really is what he's working on.

[quote name='distgfx']I'm surprised they don't feel the least bit guilty.[/QUOTE]

please keep the ethics discussion to every thread in the deal and deal discussion forums.

anyone got a link to arcade cabinet building plans or whatnot? I'm goign to mess around for my art show and see if I can make a bunch of ghetto ones outa cardboard

[quote name='ninja dog']please keep the ethics discussion to every thread in the deal and deal discussion forums.[/QUOTE]

Its a shame there are so many morons in the deal forum. I am practically a lurker there.

I'm starting to preorder multiple Collectors Editions for games instead of regular editions. Why not when you can get some cool stuff?

Anyway, I've played numerous game demos as of late:
Played the Yakuza PSP demo (forgot what it translated to). While it had some graphical issues, the game was really fun (even if it felt a bit hard). Feels like Yakuza in my hand, which is a good thing.

I downloaded the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2 demo from Japan for PSP. Really fun and it convinced me to import the 1st version (will import the 2nd one). Fun music game and liked the music (which I heard at Otakon for the vocaloid panel).

Finally played the Phantasy Star Portable 2 demo on PSP. I liked the first one, but really surprised at how much of an improvement the sequel is by the demo alone. Its definitely an instant buy.

Vanquish demo on PSN rocks. It took some time to get use to the control scheme. Maybe not as good as Bayonetta, but still great. I'll preorder the game soon.

I got Pure for $6.50 at FYE. Enjoying the game although its mostly a trophy booster.

I opened up Tales of Rebirth on PSP, but I'll put more time into it later. I ordered Tales of VS also.

Going to have many new games to play this weekend, since I just got Ace Combat: Joint Assault (PSP), Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP), re-bought Lumines II (PSP), Castle Crashers (PSN, although I have it on 360 also), Tales of Rebirth (PSP), Tales of Phantasia X (PSP), YS Seven (PSP), etc. Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts: BbS (PSP) this Tuesday. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back