GGT 63 - FF XIII on 360 too! Sony fans am cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah good, I am not alone in my meh of KH. ^_^

Star Ocean Last Hope on the other hand looks great.

Oddly enough, I wasn't interested in any of the previous ones, but this one I'm intrigued by. I like tri-Ace.

I liked the KH scenarios... the stories you play in each world. I'm a sucker for Disney.

But the overall story was just too weird. Especially in KH2.

[quote name='gunm']

Star Ocean Last Hope on the other hand looks great.[/quote]

I just keep watching the HD trailer on XBL over and over. It's soooo :drool:.

Star Ocean 4 is supposed to be straight up Sci Fi, right? That's the thing I always hated about SO games... you get this futuristic world to start in and you're like "aww, this is badass!", but then they're like "okay, now lets go to the most generic shit you've ever seen. Get deez nuts, bitch."

Everyone probably figured this out already but God of War 3 is probably sony's trump card tomorrow. Which is kinda sad. At least 20 minutes spent on Home as well.

oh, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

[quote name='pete5883']Fallout 3: "War. War never changes."
MGS4: "War has changed."

Who's right?[/QUOTE]

I'd say MGS4, because Fallout 3 was lookin' awfully questionable today.

Edit: yeah, and Fallout 3 looks suspciously Oblivion-ish in parts. As long as the level up system isn't the same, it should be better though...I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chacrana']I'd say MGS4, because Fallout 3 was lookin' awfully questionable today.[/QUOTE]
No love for portable nuclear weapons? I thought the 'you shoot a guy' cutscenes were novel.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']still pissed at barely any XBLA news...[/quote]

Wait, Uno Rush and Word Soup aren't good enough for you? Elitist! ;)

[quote name='ninja dog']Everyone probably figured this out already but God of War 3 is probably sony's trump card tomorrow. Which is kinda sad. At least 20 minutes spent on Home as well.

oh, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.[/quote]

It's inevitable but none the less, I want an Uncharted 2 announcement.

[quote name='ninja dog']Everyone probably figured this out already but God of War 3 is probably sony's trump card tomorrow. Which is kinda sad. At least 20 minutes spent on Home as well.

oh, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.[/quote]

GOWIII wouldn't make that big of a difference, I think, unless it looked really amazing in the tech demo they would show with it.

However, if they unveil the FFVII remake then they would essentially trump any advantage MS made by getting XIII multiplatform. So I don't see that happening this year (I think anyways, who knows!)

Plus dealing with all the crazy people freaking out about it might be annoying, but I suppose I could simply ignore them.

Fallout 3, even if it has shitty graphics, looks fun. if graphics are your thing, then yeah, I can see how it may disappoint, but the gameplay I am pretty sure will quiet those worries.

and yeah, I can't play JRPGs anymore due to nothing new ever since FFT.

[quote name='zewone']Portal: Still Alive, Geo Wars 2, Galaga 2, South Park, Uno Rush, Xbox Live Primetime.[/quote]

Werd. Plus it looked like Geometry Wars 2 had 4 player co-op so that should be pretty sweet. I think I'm most pumped about Galaga 2 though.

And I wonder if that South Park game is a new thing or a port of that N64 game. I guess it must be new. Wouldn't really make sense to be the old game I suppose.

1216065073297fs2.gif

[quote name='Maklershed']It's inevitable but none the less, I want an Uncharted 2 announcement.[/quote]

YES PLZ!

That would make my E3, I think. Uncharted was one of my top 5 games last year. Maybe top 3. Not a perfect game by any stretch, but just a fun, entertaining game overall. One of the few games I wanted to finish and yet not actually be over at the end.

[quote name='zewone']Portal: Still Alive, Geo Wars 2, Galaga 2, South Park, Uno Rush, Xbox Live Primetime.[/QUOTE]

Geo Wars I never enjoyed (not a fan of dual analog SHMUPs), Galaga (not a fan), South Park (don't know enough), Uno Rush (I'm 50/50 on this), XBLA Primetime (the concept is neat but depending on what's on this section will determine how good it is), Portal (be amazed: besides story and look, I had a hard time liking the gameplay... the mechanics were amazing, but the gameplay not).

the XBLA stuff I wanted to hear about (may still due to 3rd parties): Flock, Dishwasher Samurai, Castle Crashers, Banjo and Kazooi, Vigalante 8, Duke Nukem, etc...

I at least wanted an overview video like they did last year.

:lol: man I sound picky as fuck

You wanted to hear about stuff they already talked about, everything in my list was brand new.

Oh yeah, and Banjo 64 is coming to XBLA. I'm with you that I wish there was more game announcements and less family bullshit.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Portal (be amazed: besides story and look, I had a hard time liking the gameplay... the mechanics were amazing, but the gameplay not).[/QUOTE]
Relrol disliking a popular game? I'm amazed.

I really don't care about any of the XBLA announcements Microsoft made. Well...maybe Banjo & Kazooie but that's strictly a price thing (800, sure, 1200, no way). Also, am I the only one not digging the whole new dash interface? It looks so...empty and blech. I now know the 50 gamerpoints I spent on those screwattack gamerpics are going to waste as well. It looks like you get even less space with the new dash.

I wonder how big the burn to drive files are going to be. That would suck for people with a lot of games and if you have to burn an entire DVD (4.7GB) to the hard drive. I wonder if Microsoft would lift their ban on non proprietary hard drives or if the files will be heavily compressed or something.

Not hearing the jet engine and faster load times= how much and when?

Read the cliff notes for the MS presentation. I don't see anything there that will make me rush out and get a 360.

I'm a little upset for the FF13 announcement; not that it will be multi-platform, but only because I also believe there will be a longer wait now for it to be localized/ported. But to be quite honest, I wasn't too thrilled with the FF13 trailer tho either. Might as well change the name to Final Sci-Fi, cause I was hoping for less tech and more fantasy, like in the old days with dwarves and magic airships and back when Nuke was a magic spell, not an ICBM.

Ah well. I'm really looking forward to what Nintendo's gonna pull out of Miyamoto's ass this year more than anything.

The whole put your 360 games on a HDD thing...doesn't sound quite right. Games would have to program for it, right? So every current 360 game out couldn't support it? Or am I bringing too much PS3 theory into this? The only benefit I could see there is that it'd force to make PS3 games have optional installs instead of them being mandatory. The Microsoft conference had some cool things, but each thing brought up so many questions.
Krymmer does bring up a good point I had missed until now. Longer localization due to the port. I guess it depends on when it comes out in Japan then.

[quote name='KingBroly']The only benefit I could see there is that it'd force to make PS3 games have optional installs instead of them being mandatory.[/quote]

hehe, I hadn't thought of it that way. Honestly, I still think the HDD thing means that there'll be more 360 games that require an install as opposed to less PS3 games requiring an install. But of course, this is just speculation for now. I hope I'm wrong and installs stick to being "optional" as advertised, but somehow I don't think so.

[quote name='KingBroly']The whole put your 360 games on a HDD thing...doesn't sound quite right. Games would have to program for it, right? So every current 360 game out couldn't support it? Or am I bringing too much PS3 theory into this?[/quote]
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53629
"[The hard drive install feature] will allow you to install any game that you want. It's optional, of course," said Xbox Live general manager Marc Whitten. "You can [install] any game that ever shipped, any game that will ship... every game."

hmm...it sounds good. It doesn't sound like it'll be good for those multi-disc games though (me and my obsolete hard drive) and I'm not upgrading.

[quote name='Krymner']I'm a little upset for the FF13 announcement; not that it will be multi-platform, but only because I also believe there will be a longer wait now for it to be localized/ported.[/quote]

GTA IV says hi.

I still stand by my I don't care for any XBL community game until Dishwasher Samurai comes out.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm sorry, but despite its technical prowess, Gears of War 2 looks like puke.[/quote]

The Diablo fan says: "IT'S NOT COLORFUL ENOUGH!"

Tbh It dosent matter. The 360 dosent sell in Japan well at all and SE knows this. So instead of relying on the game to push sales they jumped to Microsoft. So FF13 will sell ass loads on the ps3 in Japan and the 360 version will probably sell ass loads in NA. But regardless of sales it will look better on the PS3 so Nya :3

If we are to believe what they said: that it is to be finished on the PS3 first before any porting begins, and no compromises are made during development with future porting in mind, I could see the PS3 having some sort of technical advantage.

Thats lot of IFs though.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm sorry, but despite its technical prowess, Gears of War 2 looks like puke.[/quote]

You must be eating some crazy shit if your puke looks like that.

The games are coming out on the the same day.

If they were to not start the porting process until after the PS3 version is complete, then that sucks for PS3 owners.

Wait, is it coming out in Japan first? That could be another explanation as to why there will not be a Japanese 360 version (besides the obvious).

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/final-fantasy-1.html
LOS ANGELES –- Speaking through a translator, Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase explained the company’s plans to bring the game to the Xbox 360 as an effort to “bring as much fun to as many people as possible.”

More pragmatically, he also mentioned that the change in the title's PlayStation 3 exclusivity was necessary due to “market situation for the Xbox 360 in the U.S. and Europe.”

Square Enix claims the game is still far too early in development to reveal (or even speculate at) a release date, though the company did reveal their current work schedule: First, the company will finish the Japanese PlayStation 3 version, which will then be localized for North America and Europe.

Once that’s completed, work will begin on the Xbox 360 version.
Though that would seemingly indicate a delayed release for the newly-announced port, Kitase emphasized Square Enix’s efforts to release the different versions nearly simultaneously.

“As for the timing between the U.S. and Europe, we will try to make it as close as possible. We’ll try to expedite localization,” he said.
Unfortunately, Square was unable to reveal how the storage disparity between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3’s game discs would be dealt with.
He stressed the company’s goal to keep the two versions as similar as possible, however, saying “the content will be the same, though the format might be different.”
There definitely is a strange inconsistency between insisting that release dates will be as close as possible, and the idea that porting wont begin until the game is done. I personally think they are lying like crazy.

Porting is probably well underway. It's going to be a big game and if they want it out sometime this gen, they need to speed the fuck up.

[quote name='Kendal']You must be eating some crazy shit if your puke looks like that.[/quote]

My point is, the game looks like a lumpy disgusting mess.

I think the engine and models are technically impressive, but aesthetically nasty.

To each his own though.

I dont even know why they would insist on such an absurd timetable unless there is some contract that they have to make believe they are not breaking.

[quote name='willardhaven']My point is, the game looks like a lumpy disgusting mess.

I think the engine and models are technically impressive, but aesthetically nasty.

To each his own though.[/quote]

Yeah, but you have to admit, they are using more than grey/grey/black/blue color palette in GeoW2 and that is a big step forward!

I'm still buying on PS3, since that is my choice. However, did I buy my PS3 just for FFXIII? Not really actually. When I went into buying mine in 2006, I knew for a fact (and had it in my head) that ANY third party game could be ported anywhere (I owned an N64 and watched everything switch to PS1, and I saw other franchises I wanted on platforms switch around, so I learned not to trust that). I mostly bought because I KNEW I'd be getting R&C: Future and Hot Shots Golf 5 (which are Sony first party games).

My bet is it will be like the DW Gundam and Castlevania: CoD ports, where all they do is port over the game (once development is complete) and not really enhance at all (same load times, same graphics, etc.). That's my guess.

I said it in a blog, the news wasn't completely shocking.
Expected because
-Square Enix Wada said they are in financial trouble
-They made the engine multi-platform as Crystal Tools.
-Wada is all about money, and even once said things may have to change this gen (it was an RPG Fan article) because the dominating console in Japan and the west may vary.

Unexpected because:
-It's FF, and thinking they'd actually make a main series multi-platform doesn't sound right.
-They said it was exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back