GGT 72 was too drunk for Joel's 21st birthday to arrive on time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha! I love you, ihadFG!

From the other thread:

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Good to know I'm not the only one who does that. I almost feel bad, painting a chick in a bitchty type of light when it comes to Bioware games....then, after 3 minutes, I just stop giving a fuck.[/QUOTE] YES! That is EXACTLY how I am!

[quote name='icebeast']I forgot one game I did play evil was Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, for some reason I had no problem playing as evil Peter Parker in that game, but I think I assumed the resulting story scenes would be funnier and I already found them fairly hysterical since the voice acting was fairly cheesy. Also, I actually really liked Web of Shadows. :oops:[/QUOTE]
I loved Web of Shadows! I played a mixed sort of playthrough, though. I picked Black Cat over MJ, and from there I picked bad over and over and over. If only Black Cat was considered a good decision....

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's funny, I only take the paragon choices if there's a neutral or it's a "heroic" action available, since the two stats are independent.

I just got my infiltrator up to "agent" status, so I'm getting hella bonus to my renegade points. I just wish I could've made myself choose "assassin" cause it sounds cooler. :)

I also love that she's running around in the evening wear that came from the Kasumi loyalty mission when in "casual". Using the cerberus armor, unfortunately to save money because of the bonuses. Currently in the middle of the Overlord quest.

Irritated that I have to choose Garrus/Jacob/Thane for romance. Will probably go Garrus. :|

I miss the assault rifles for certain and I need more sniper upgrades. Other than that, I'm digging being an infiltrator. Hopefully I don't regret making her an infiltrator when I make an insanity run with her.

PS3 mineral scanning seems much faster than it was on the 360... maybe it was better after the game was patched on 360, but I'd already completed it by then and didn't go back.[/QUOTE] My girl went Garrus, too. He's my most used squadmate in both playthroughs and I'm glad I was able to start a romance with him and my FemShep. My FemShep is an infiltrator, too! I pretty much only play two classes in ME, Infiltrator and Vanguard.

And yes, they seriously fixed the mineral scanning after the last patch. It's ridiculously quick. Takes maybe a minute to scan an entire planet.

On the topic of Female Shepard that is what I played and like I said (barring Spider-Man Web of Shadows) I always play a good character so my Female Shepard is really nice. I almost always pick female if the option is given, so for DA2 I will of course play as Female Hawke.

I oddly enough, like some of you guys, made my female Shepherd a renegade. I didnt' enjoy that second play through nearly as much though. I didn't dig being a bitch all the time so much, and didn't like playing as an Adept as much as a Soldier.

So I'm not totally sure I'll bother playing through ME3 with that character. If it's as good or better than ME2 then I guess I probably will though just to play it twice and to see how much difference being a renegade makes in the ultimate resolution of the trilogy.

A dumbed down DA2 sounds perfect for me. The main thing I hated about DA1 was the micro management.

I'm surprised more people didn't use the Engineer in ME2. It's more of a mage type class than the Adept. A good Engineer is like a surgeon in battle.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hahaha! I love you, ihadFG!

From the other thread:

YES! That is EXACTLY how I am!

I loved Web of Shadows! I played a mixed sort of playthrough, though. I picked Black Cat over MJ, and from there I picked bad over and over and over. If only Black Cat was considered a good decision....

My girl went Garrus, too. He's my most used squadmate in both playthroughs and I'm glad I was able to start a romance with him and my FemShep. My FemShep is an infiltrator, too! I pretty much only play two classes in ME, Infiltrator and Vanguard.

And yes, they seriously fixed the mineral scanning after the last patch. It's ridiculously quick. Takes maybe a minute to scan an entire planet.[/QUOTE]

My ME1 character was male soldier. So my 360 ME2 character was a male soldier.

Not sure what a Vanguard is... but infiltrator sold me with it's tactical cloaking and sniper rifles for "trying something new". Also, having the incinerate biotic power is nice, so I don't always have to depend on a squad mate. Although, I usually took Mordin for that, so I'm a bit sad that I don't get to use him much.

Generally I roll with Garrus and Miranda as my squad. Miranda having Warp and Overload makes he really fucking useful to me. And I just *like* Garrus. I used Wrex a lot too.

And since I never bothered with any Cerberus stuff at all on 360, this is my first experience with Zaeed. He's kind of amusing. Being female Shep made his loyalty mission an easy choice. :cool:

[quote name='icebeast']Not spending an hour talking to a bunch of people can be a reward in and of itself. And it isn't like you typically get good rewards from following the "good" path in Bioware games either.[/QUOTE]

No, in the Bioware games, half the game is about talking to people so if you're being a shithead just to get out of the conversations, you're really cheating yourself out of a good portion of what makes the game unique from other WRPGs. (So maybe it really is deserved then, I guess).

And yeah, you do get rewarded for being a nice guy/Paragon by having more/better relationships with others and thus getting better endings.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']My ME1 character was male soldier. So my 360 ME2 character was a male soldier.

Not sure what a Vanguard is... but infiltrator sold me with it's tactical cloaking and sniper rifles for "trying something new". Also, having the incinerate biotic power is nice, so I don't always have to depend on a squad mate. Although, I usually took Mordin for that, so I'm a bit sad that I don't get to use him much.

Generally I roll with Garrus and Miranda as my squad. Miranda having Warp and Overload makes he really fucking useful to me. And I just *like* Garrus. I used Wrex a lot too.

And since I never bothered with any Cerberus stuff at all on 360, this is my first experience with Zaeed. He's kind of amusing. Being female Shep made his loyalty mission an easy choice. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I was a male Soldier in the first ME, but I found it kind of boring. In ME2, I went with a male Infiltrator, and I had a ton of fun with it. I'll definitely go with Infiltrator again in ME3.

And my party consisted of Garrus and Wrex in the first, and then Garrus and Thane in the second. Although in the second I did change up my squad quite a bit, so I frequently would have Tali or Jack with me instead of one of the other two.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Why does the Assassin's Creed series have such awful endings. Seriously, WTF.[/QUOTE]

If by "awful" you mean "unresolved", then the answer should be obvious. :cool:

[quote name='BlueScrote']Why does the Assassin's Creed series have such awful endings. Seriously, WTF.[/QUOTE]

I thought the ending for AC was okay, but was irritated by the cliffhanger.
The second game had a great ending, I thought.
I haven't played brotherhood so I can't talk to that at all. :|

[quote name='gunm']And yeah, you do get rewarded for being a nice guy/Paragon by having more/better relationships with others and thus getting better endings.[/QUOTE]

Wait, did I miss a memo? How does renegade/paragon affect your ending in ME/ME2?

[quote name='ihadFG']I was a male Soldier in the first ME, but I found it kind of boring. In ME2, I went with a male Infiltrator, and I had a ton of fun with it. I'll definitely go with Infiltrator again in ME3.

And my party consisted of Garrus and Wrex in the first, and then Garrus and Thane in the second. Although in the second I did change up my squad quite a bit, so I frequently would have Tali or Jack with me instead of one of the other two.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to use Tali and will only use Jack when I have to, though I think I want her warp ammo as my advanced training again -- I found out about how gangsta that shit was last game at the end of my second playthrough... and I can't think of a better ability for my
infiltrator at the moment.

Currently I was taking Jacob/Miranda because I was working out the tactician trophy, but that's about to change and I'll be rolling with Garrus/Miranda for the rest of the game whenever I have a choice until I get Legion.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wait, did I miss a memo? How does renegade/paragon affect your ending in ME/ME2?[/QUOTE]

So if you're a jerk, that doesn't affect your relationship with your crew? I've been reading it wrong then.

[quote name='gunm']No, in the Bioware games, half the game is about talking to people so if you're being a shithead just to get out of the conversations, you're really cheating yourself out of a good portion of what makes the game unique from other WRPGs. (So maybe it really is deserved then, I guess).[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between talking to people and feeling like that is all you've been doing for an entire portion of the game, I remember in Star Wars KOTOR 1 on Tatooine you seriously didn't fight anything once you'd killed the few indigenous creatures if you choose the good path and spent a ton of time trying to negotiate with the sand people, I remember I did just kill all the sand people because I was frustrated but then I reloaded the save right before when I'd "killed them all... like animals" and finished figuring out how to negotiate it so I didn't have to kill anyone.

[quote name='seanr1221']Happy b-day, Joel.[/QUOTE]
HAPPY BIRFDAY

So I got sorta twisted last night. What'd I miss?

Played Left 4 Dead 2 on Friday night, threw a LAN party sponsored by Popeye's and Dew. fuck that game, so many cheap shots.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']My ME1 character was male soldier. So my 360 ME2 character was a male soldier.

And since I never bothered with any Cerberus stuff at all on 360, this is my first experience with Zaeed. He's kind of amusing. Being female Shep made his loyalty mission an easy choice. :cool:[/QUOTE] Vanguard is lots of Biotic awesomeness! You get a teleport power and it allows you to zip in close to an enemy, blast the fuck out of them, then zip away. Really fun whenever you get into really big shoot outs.

I roll with Miranda/Garrus or Garrus/Kasumi. In the first game I always used Garrus/Wrex.

You didn't bother with aaaanything on 360? If not, wait till you get to Kasumi! She's AWESOME.
[quote name='seanr1221']Happy b-day, Joel.[/QUOTE] Thanks, SeanR! :D

And thanks, Hank!!! :cool:

And happy 21ist Joel. Your b-day advice quote: You must always remember that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

[quote name='Rodimus']And happy 21ist Joel. Your b-day advice quote: You must always remember that the all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing[/QUOTE]

+1 Paragon

[quote name='Rodimus']And happy 21ist Joel. Your b-day advice quote: You must always remember that the all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Rodimus! I plan on running for President one day, this quote will no doubt help me. :cool:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Vanguard is lots of Biotic awesomeness! You get a teleport power and it allows you to zip in close to an enemy, blast the fuck out of them, then zip away. Really fun whenever you get into really big shoot outs.

I roll with Miranda/Garrus or Garrus/Kasumi. In the first game I always used Garrus/Wrex.

You didn't bother with aaaanything on 360? If not, wait till you get to Kasumi! She's AWESOME.
[/QUOTE]

Got her. She's loyal. She's collecting dust somewhere on the ship. I'm anxious to get Grunt but don't want to trigger the next "story ":)lol:) mission yet. I did like her disappear backstab type ability on the loyalty mission though.

In the first game I think I used Liara/Ashley a lot. I'd have to check the achievements to see which two I got.

Gunm, the only time I can think of that your paragon/renegade choices affect your crew is when shit hits the fan between certain members (miranda/jack, tali/legion) and you've not been consistent enough in your choices to have a high enough score to diffuse the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, almost all of you guys are pussies. I always play evil/renegade in a game where I'm given the choice. It's so much more fun. Not to mention it makes the experience better for me since in a game where you're not given the choice you're always the nice guy. It's nice to be able to be an ass.

Which is why I love that the canon story of ME1 was the renegade side (council dead, rachni dead, Wrex dead, etc.).

My WoW account got hacked while my computer was broken 0_o
Only been playing for 3 weeks, I guess I suck at keeping my account secure..?

All my shit is gone but they maxed out my professions which I desperately needed, so after I get my stuff back from Blizz I should come out on top here. Oh well.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Wow, almost all of you guys are pussies. I always play evil/renegade in a game where I'm given the choice. It's so much more fun. Not to mention it makes the experience better for me since in a game where you're not given the choice you're always the nice guy. It's nice to be able to be an ass.

Which is why I love that the canon story of ME1 was the renegade side (council dead, rachni dead, Wrex dead, etc.).[/QUOTE]

+5 Renegade

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Wow, almost all of you guys are pussies. I always play evil/renegade in a game where I'm given the choice. It's so much more fun. Not to mention it makes the experience better for me since in a game where you're not given the choice you're always the nice guy. It's nice to be able to be an ass.

Which is why I love that the canon story of ME1 was the renegade side (council dead, rachni dead, Wrex dead, etc.).[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm always a dick, it's so much fun. My favorite part of ME2 was killing Samara and recruiting her daughter. But I didn't kill Wrex since he was my favorite member. And I thought killing the colony was more of a renegade choice then killing the council.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I thought the ending for AC was okay, but was irritated by the cliffhanger.
The second game had a great ending, I thought.
I haven't played brotherhood so I can't talk to that at all. :|
[/QUOTE]

I guess I don't like how they resolve so little. But like gunm said thats so they can milk it for sequels.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']+20 Renegade

Patron boosts my pool game by 250%.[/QUOTE]

-1 Twisted

[quote name='Rodimus']Patron will boost my anything by 250%[/QUOTE]

+15 Twisted

I'm at a point in Singularity where I want the Zeks to teleport themselves into their own anuses. >_

Are you implying I'm a pussy because I don't generally like the evil choices given to me in a story? :lol:

In all reality, I'd probably make good choices at some points and bad choices at the other... however, most games fuck you for being morally ambiguous -- ask BlueScrote who didn't have enough paragon/renegade points to diffuse the Jack/Miranda blowup. :p

Actually, my canon good playthrough I eradicated the Rachni.

And I'm not a pussy because I'm a good guy. I'm just a good guy because I'm a good guy.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Actually, my canon good playthrough I eradicated the Rachni.

And I'm not a pussy because I'm a good guy. I'm just a good guy because I'm a good guy.[/QUOTE]

Canon = the way the story is written if you never played ME.

I still am not a fan of the fact that they paint the choice to focus resources on destroying the harbinger of the apocalypse vs. trying to protect a few "important" people. The game (to me) painted that shit in a "the good of the many vs. the good of the few" light and I was surprised it was the "bad" choice.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Canon = the way the story is written if you never played ME.

I still am not a fan of the fact that they paint the choice to focus resources on destroying the harbinger of the apocalypse vs. trying to protect a few "important" people. The game (to me) painted that shit in a "the good of the many vs. the good of the few" light and I was surprised it was the "bad" choice.[/QUOTE]
I thought the way you use "canon" is what you consider to be the "true story" of the game after it was shaped by your actions? Oh, wait, nvm I understand what you're saying now, Frosty.

And I agree with you, too. I thought the needs of the few would be the bad choice, I just went with it because I felt it was my duty as a Spectre to save the council.

Edit: Dallow, if you're talking about the first movie, then it's pretty decent. I enjoyed it.

Which is why I love that the canon story of ME1 was the renegade side (council dead, rachni dead, Wrex dead, etc.).[/QUOTE]I guess that'd explain that evil beard of yours. :whistle2:k

--------------------------

Happy Birthday Joel. Make it TWWIIIIIISSSSSSTTED.

[quote name='dallow']How bad is the Dead Space animated movie thing?[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's decent enough to be worth watching once if you're a fan of the series. I liked the motion comic a lot better though (the one that was included with Extraction on the Wii). I also ended up reading the book, Dead Space Martyr, which is actually a fun read, and basically tells the actual story of how it all started (Michael Altman, the Church of Unitology, etc).

[quote name='whoknows']So should I start 999 or Valkyria Chronicles 2 first?

Also Happy day of b joel.[/QUOTE]

Neither, go play another game.

[quote name='whoknows']So should I start 999 or Valkyria Chronicles 2 first?

Also Happy day of b joel.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, whoknows!

Man, I miss JSP real bad.

I'm now on Chapter 9 of Castlevania LoS. The pacing has still been pretty wonky, so Im just wondering if there's going to be any chance of me even beating this tonight. Are Chapters 9 and on very long? The story definitely has me intrigued, but I am starting to feel like the game is a chore. It's probably because I'm so tired of all the dumb ass puzzles in Chapter 7 and 8.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks, whoknows!

Man, I miss JSP real bad.[/QUOTE]
Which do you miss more? The annoying gifs or the 12 year old humor? I'm sure one of us can supply either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back