GGT 81 traded in MVC3 To Buy Ke$ha Tickets and Piff

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='diddy310'] Seems to be very defense based which is odd for this game...[/QUOTE]

Uh... that seems to be about right for this game, lol. It can go both ways to an extreme.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I wanted the trophy for that, but we only had 7 because distgfx didn't join and cheska took too long. :([/QUOTE]

No spectator mode, no lobby.

Sup brahs

this account is so antilegal and i will probably get banned in a second DESPITE THAT I'M LOCKED OUT OF MY NINJA DOG ACCOUNT AND CAN'T ACCESS BECAUSE I USED A THROWAWAY EMAIL TO REGISTER IT, SO THAT'S WHY I'M MAKING "MULTIPLE" ACCOUNTS.

Just making that real clear since some mod is going around squashing my accounts, even though i'm not trolling or anything.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']My guide also says it will be here the 18th. Need me some of that Buktooth shit.[/QUOTE]

Mine just says: Delivery Estimate: February 24, 2011 - March 8, 2011; so who knows when it and my comics will ship.

After practicing more last night I ended up with a 7 win streak :) I really like Amaterasu and want to practice more with her. But goddamn, the mission more is actually harder than SSF4.

Bros, Imma snag Dat Marvel sometime, but right now I got more pressing matters. Like renewing my driver's license ($30, fuck you, IL), paying my car insurance, buying gas, seeing a concert, and paying my phone bill. But once all that's said and done, I'll cop dat Marvel.

Basically, if I didn't have a car, I'd have more money to blow on games. :cry:

[quote name='Cheska19']After practicing more last night I ended up with a 7 win streak :) I really like Amaterasu and want to practice more with her. But goddamn, the mission more is actually harder than SSF4.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']Mission mode is impossible at points.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was easier than SSFIV's.

[quote name='gunm']I wonder if you guys will still be talking MvC3 by the time I get my copy, lol.[/QUOTE]

I will.

[quote name='gunm']I wonder if you guys will still be talking MvC3 by the time I get my copy, lol.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, maybe I could just wait and cop a dirt cheap used copy. . . :whistle2:k

[quote name='whoknows']But I cant beat it with button mashing :bomb:[/QUOTE]

You can't beat SSFIV's with button mashing either.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Hmm, maybe I could just wait and cop a dirt cheap used copy. . . :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

My copy is in transit. If I'm lucky, I'll get it on Friday, but more likely I'm looking at sometime next week.

I gotta do single player a bit to practice though. Although I was more or less competent in SF type games, I was pretty damn horrible with MvC and similar format fighting games. All that tag team shit went over my head.

[quote name='Cheska19']But goddamn, the mission more is actually harder than SSF4.[/QUOTE]

First off I suck at fighting games so this probably doesn't mean much. But, in SSF4 doing Sakura's mission mode (the only one I tried since she is the only character I really played as) right when it got to even what seemed to be fairly basic combos I couldn't do them. In MvC3 I managed to do a little over half of She-Hulk's missions fairly quickly (which included some somewhat long combos) and without too much trouble. Again, I'm not very good at fighters (anyone who played me last night knows) so maybe the basic stuff is just easier and the hard missions are insane and I don't know because I never made it to that in SSF4 and I haven't reached that yet in MvC3.

Just beat the Arcade Mode with Chris.

MATT fuckING MURDOCK AKA Dare Devil is in the ending. If he and Phoenix Wright were in this game, She-hulk/Dare Devil/Phoenix Wright would be the lawyers. Serving you justice, with an ounce of ass kicking.

The DLC code will not be redeemable until March 15th. From MvC3 Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=147267775335158

We've recently announced 2 more pieces of DLC content and from looking at the comments on the wall and posts, it looks like some of you are a bit confused about what's what and we'd like to help you out!

DLC Costume pack- Available March 1st, 2011
New costume for Ryu, Iron Man, Captain America, Dante, Chris, and Thor
All 6 are available for 400 Microsoft points or $5
These are NOT included in the special edition.
Check out the costumes here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2011/02/14/marvel_vs._capcom_3_media_explosion

Shadow Mode- Available March 1st, 2011
The first Shadow Mode pack will include teams and AI from three Capcom staff members, including producer Ryota Niitsuma, associate producer Akihito Kadowaki, and a QA tester.
The first pack is scheduled for release on March 1st, 2011 with more packs becoming available for download at a later date. If you ever wanted to say you beat the producer of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at his own game, this is your best shot.
These are NOT included in the special edition.
Pricing is currently undetermined.

Bought the special edition of MvC3? You get Jill and Shuma Gorath! Available March 15th, 2011.
The SE version of the game comes with downloadable characters, Jill and Shuma Gorath. You may redeem these characters on March 15, 2011. We did not intentionally delay the DLC characters as we know how badly our fans want to play them. This was an unfortunate technical issue and we apologize for them not being available today.
For PS3 copies of the special edition, your PSN code is printed on the back of your art book. On March 15th, your PSN code will be available for activation. If you attempt to enter your code before March 15, 2011, PSN will tell you that it's an invalid code.

For Xbox 360 copies of the special edition, we will send you your Xbox LIVE DLC code on March 15, 2011. To register your email with our system, please visit: marvelvscapcom3.com/redeemand follow the step by step instructions. The code on the back of your art book is NOT a Xbox LIVE code but rather, the code you input into our redeem site.
Jill and Shuma-Gorath is the only DLC that comes with the special edition. Buying the special edition does not also make you eligible for other DLC.

Jill and Shuma-Gorath will still be available for purchase on March 15, 2011 for the people who did not buy the Special Edition. Each character will cost $5 or 400 Microsoft points.

What's the point of the special edition then you ask? For the same $10 premium that you pay for Jill and Shuma Gorath, you'll also get a steel case, custom sleeve, 48-page artbook, and 1-month free of Marvel Digital Comics.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Anyone who got a PS3 SE actually redeem the shuma/jill code?[/QUOTE]

Can you redeem it yet even though the characters aren't available?

Apparently not, even though sometimes you are able to.
They're probably not allowing redemptions because it would unlock the characters immediately since they're on the disc.

The characters are on the disc, but they are not complete. I'm guessing the whole Shadow Mode is like the Tournament Mode free DLC update on SF4. During that they will force everyone to update their MvC3, meaning sneaking in the DLC characters and costumes.

From SRK:

Jill Valentine - In a Nutshell:

... She's incomplete. A lot of her assets are there, yes that's true.. But she's missing some stuff as well, and could use a bit of polish to match the quality of everyone else on the roster. So if you're paying for anything when you buy Jill in about a month.. It's for whatever labor went into polishing her character and finishing her dialogue after the game itself went gold. (Which to me, is pretty fair.)

Pictures here:

http://www.global-trance.com/mvc3jill/

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, fuck ragequitters. Seriously, I've gone against 5 people online and every one ragequits.[/QUOTE]

I haven't ran into a single ragequiiter yet. I rarely use assist in this game. Last match I didn't use any and still beat a guy that was abusing them. I don't mind people using assist to set up a combo or for whatever,but when they stay about and just spam projectiles/assist that's when it isn't any fun and annoying. I've only ran into 1 of those so far and it was in a player match. I'm liking what I'm seeing in ranked matches last 4 people I played didn't even assist.

[quote name='jman619']I haven't ran into a single ragequiiter yet. I rarely use assist in this game. Last match I didn't use any and still beat a guy that was abusing them. I don't mind people using assist to set up a combo or for whatever,but when they stay about and just spam projectiles/assist that's when it isn't any fun and annoying. I've only ran into 1 of those so far and it was in a player match. I'm liking what I'm seeing in ranked matches last 4 people I played didn't even assist.[/QUOTE]

Same.

I'm going to miss being low rank.
I had so much fun with dante against the jackass who was using sentinel's d.H over and over from full screen.

"Oh. Look, you're in recovery animation. d.d.S. Hey! I'm behind you, fuckface! "

--

BTW, gg uraizen; was fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, fuck ragequitters. Seriously, I've gone against 5 people online and every one ragequits.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Capcom make it so then ragequitters get paired with ragequitters? Like the higher quitting frequency you have the more likely you are to get paired with somebody else who who quits frequently?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Didn't Capcom make it so then ragequitters get paired with ragequitters? Like the higher quitting frequency you have the more likely you are to get paired with somebody else who who quits frequently?[/QUOTE]

Yes. If your disconnect % hits a certain level, you get moved to "Rage Quitter Hell".
You can only leave RQH if your stat goes back down.

[quote name='distgfx']Uh... that seems to be about right for this game, lol. It can go both ways to an extreme.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icebeast']First off I suck at fighting games so this probably doesn't mean much. But, in SSF4 doing Sakura's mission mode (the only one I tried since she is the only character I really played as) right when it got to even what seemed to be fairly basic combos I couldn't do them. In MvC3 I managed to do a little over half of She-Hulk's missions fairly quickly (which included some somewhat long combos) and without too much trouble. Again, I'm not very good at fighters (anyone who played me last night knows) so maybe the basic stuff is just easier and the hard missions are insane and I don't know because I never made it to that in SSF4 and I haven't reached that yet in MvC3.[/QUOTE]

I know this is going to sound silly, but I think my problem is that I try to focus on both the moves I have to achieve and my character at the same time and that's what screwing me up. I should just stare at the moves list so I won't forget what I have to input.

It's actually probably better to focus on the character, cuz then you can figure out what the timing is. You won't be able to glance at a laundry list of moves while you're in the middle of a match, after all.

I agree with Chac, I tend to take the longer combos part by part (sometimes trying to find the parts that are separate and practicing them individually) and as I do it I try to watch the character and figure out how much time I have to complete the next action before the combo is broken, since how I typically mess up is inputing the next part too slow so the practice dummy has a chance to block (or if it is an air combo the character lands before I finish doing all the attacks).

[quote name='Chacrana']It's actually probably better to focus on the character, cuz then you can figure out what the timing is. You won't be able to glance at a laundry list of moves while you're in the middle of a match, after all.[/QUOTE]

Some of the combos aren't really match practical.
I break them up into sections. Learn a section, practice it. Learn another section. Practice. Then link.

I'm currently pist off at missions though because Taskmaster's first air combo into hyper is a bitch. I have no problem executing anything until the air S needs to cancel into qcf.h, qcf.mh. I have NEVER gotten the qcf.h to come out. I can do it off jump, but not as a follow to air S. :(

I will never try to pull off some of the flashy crossover shit if it costs me a match; also toss out the crazy timing bullshit like x-23's qcf.h > srk.h. The timing on that is so fucking difficult to me that I managed to get the trial off but won't bother with it ever again. Not practical enough...
But then you have stuff like Super Skrull's command grab > l.tenderizer > orbital hyper which is a pretty standard combo for him to do good damage.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I think maybe Iron Man for my third.[/QUOTE]

I'm still having issues choosing between Akuma/Morrigan/x-23. Chun-Li is also worth of consideration, but after watching how easily she can get bodied if you fuck up the assist with her, maybe not. :cool:

I almost want to stick in Amaterasu for the cold star assist.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I almost want to stick in Amaterasu for the cold star assist.[/QUOTE]

Someone last night used that on me, not the assist the regular main character version and just spammed it and I was using Tron Bonne (which I really don't like, I did random) and I seriously couldn't get anywhere near Amaterasu because Tron couldn't jump over the ice stream because she gets no air on jumps.

Yeah, the spamming is annoying. That's why it was more fun playing with you guys yesterday.

Someone was spamming something though yesterday. Don't remember who though.

I did the scrub Sentinel H beam spam for one match, but I didn't know what else to do with him other then that, haha. :lol: I didn't pick him after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back