GGT 94 Pirated Fallout 3, LBP, Far Cry 2, and Dead Space; But Paid For Castlevania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ryosnk']Does any store carry Radio Allergy yet?[/quote]

Its been pushed back....again....*sigh*. Late April now... =(

Anyone pick up Konami Arcade Collection for DS (import)?

I'm seriously considering this one, and since I don't have a PSP anymore, I'll have to settle for the cramped screen of the DS for my portable shmup/2D fixes.

$39.99 @ PA:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-1rkx-4-6.html

Edit: whoops, didn't realize the US release was right upon us:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000L422JW/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...19012?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

o crap I totally forgot about those games~!!!

once again, my broke-ass-ness is killin me like lonliness kills britney spears~!!

If anyone has Trigger Heart Exelica and last hope, is it worth getting either or both? I was thinking about getting them in that play asia sale.

Thanks.

This game is coming out in the US very soon with the same games, so no need to import unless you really cant wait.

[quote name='gunm']Anyone pick up Konami Arcade Collection for DS (import)?

I'm seriously considering this one, and since I don't have a PSP anymore, I'll have to settle for the cramped screen of the DS for my portable shmup/2D fixes.

$39.99 @ PA:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-1rkx-4-6.html

Edit: whoops, didn't realize the US release was right upon us:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000L422JW/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20[/quote]

I played Last Hope for like 10 minutes.

it was seriously one of the worst things ever!!!!

unless somebody can convince u otherwise, stay away!!!!

Trigger Heart Exelcia seemed dope tho, I gotta spend more time on it

Anyone want to make some recommendations for MAME shmups? I've got the regulars--progear, dodonpachi, Marx Matrix, Giga Wing, Parodius etc. but I'm wondering if there's anything I might have missed.

I think Guwange might be the best MAME shmup I've played yet. Radiant Silvergun is also pretty good but my PC can't really handle it in mame.

[quote name='Apossum']Anyone want to make some recommendations for MAME shmups? I've got the regulars--progear, dodonpachi, Marx Matrix, Giga Wing, Parodius etc. but I'm wondering if there's anything I might have missed.[/quote]
Got Psikyo covered (Strikers, Gunbird, etc.)? 8ing/Raizing (Mahou Daisakusen, Battle Bakraid, etc.)? Cyvern and Daioh are often overlooked. I've always liked Hotdog Storm, and don't forget Truxton II.

Guys, if you want Ibara, you can still get it at toysnjoys.com. I got my copy today and everything went fine... considering that you can't find the game even on Ebay, I'd say it's worth attempting to order the game....

[quote name='Allnatural']Got Psikyo covered (Strikers, Gunbird, etc.)? 8ing/Raizing (Mahou Daisakusen, Battle Bakraid, etc.)? Cyvern and Daioh are often overlooked. I've always liked Hotdog Storm, and don't forget Truxton II.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to look into all those. I mostly like newer, bullet hell type games.

speaking of which, anyone who's a fan of Twinkle Star Sprites needs to check out the Touhou game "Phantasmagoria of Flower View." it's like TSS in that it's played against someone else, but it's purely a shooter. There aren't any puzzle elements, instead you shoot enemies and send bullet curtains at the other guy. you also summon bosses on them. pretty hectic and crazy. good stuff.

[quote name='Chacrana']Guys, if you want Ibara, you can still get it at toysnjoys.com. I got my copy today and everything went fine... considering that you can't find the game even on Ebay, I'd say it's worth attempting to order the game....[/QUOTE]

That store is kind of pricey isn't it?

[quote name='asianxcore']That store is kind of pricey isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and awfully shady. But I really wanted to get my hands on this game, so I went ahead and ordered despite the fact that I hate the store.

Does anyone know if anymore shmups are going into any "The Best" series any time soon?

I know SNK is putting a shit ton of its games on The Best on June 21st, just wondering if any other shmups were making the drop to the very affordable $30 - $35 price range.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone know if anymore shmups are going into any "The Best" series any time soon?

I know SNK is putting a shit ton of its games on The Best on June 21st, just wondering if any other shmups were making the drop to the very affordable $30 - $35 price range.[/QUOTE]

Is their a list of what snk is puttting out (any links)?

Thanks.

Booyakasha! Check dis!

More Taito Legends headed to US

Destineer Studios confirms domestic release of Taito compilations for PS2, PSP set for second quarter.

If the original Taito Legends was a "greatest hits" of the classic arcade game publisher's work--including Space Invaders, Elevator Action, and Bubble Bobble--then the sequel focuses more on forgotten gems and latter-day successes. Originally released in Europe a little over a year ago, the sequel collection of the company's arcade games is finally slated for an American release.

A Destineer Studios representative today confirmed that the company would publish Taito Legends 2 for the PlayStation 2 and Taito Legends Power-Up for the PlayStation Portable in the US. As for the Xbox and PC editions of the game released overseas, the representative said that Destineer is not announcing domestic releases for those right now.

Taito Legends 2 is headlined by a number of sequels to the company's classic games, including Puzzle Bobble 2 (Bust-A-Move Again in the US), Space Invaders '95, Space Invaders DX, Elevator Action Returns, and Nastar (Rastan 2). It also contains a wealth of shoot-'em-ups, including G Darius, Darius Gaiden, Insector X, Ray Storm, and more.

The lineup for Taito Legends Power-Up features some overlap with its console counterpart, as well as games like Rastan Saga, the original Space Invaders, and New Zealand Story. It also contains four recently remade versions of Taito games, including The Legend of Kage and Cameltry.
Taito Legends 2 and Taito Legends Power-Up are scheduled for a second-quarter release. The full lineup for each collection's European release follows:

Taito Legends 2 for the PlayStation 2
Alpine Ski
Arabian Magic
Balloon Bomber
Bonze Adventure
Cameltry
Chack 'n Pop
Cleopatra Fortune
Crazy Balloon
Darius Gaiden
Don Doko Don
Dungeon Magic
Elevator Action Returns
The Fairyland Story
Football Champ
Front Line
G Darius
Gekirindan
Grid Seeker: Project Storm Hammer
Growl
Gun Frontier
Insector X
KiKi KaiKai
Kuri Kinton
Legend of Kage
Liquid Kids
Lunar Rescue
Metal Black
Nastar (Rastan 2)
Puchi Carat
Puzzle Bobble 2 (Bust-A-Move Again)
Qix
Raimais
Ray Storm
Space Invaders '95
Space Invaders DX
Sylvalion
Violence Fight
Wild Western

Taito Legends Power-Up (PSP)
Alpine Ski
Balloon Bomber
Balloon Bomber (enhanced version)
Cameltry
Cameltry (enhanced version)
Chack 'n Pop
Crazy Balloon
Crazy Balloon (enhanced version)
Elevator Action
The Fairyland Story
KiKi KaiKai
Kuri Kinton
Legend of Kage
Legend of Kage (enhanced version)
Lunar Rescue
New Zealand Story
Phoenix
Qix
Raimais
Rastan Saga
Return of the Invaders
Space Chaser
Space Dungeon
Space Invaders
Space Invaders Part 2

Elevator Action Returns (also know as Elevator Action II) is a VERY awesome game... I'm very psyched I sold my Saturn copy at a premium now, and will definitely pick this up at launch just for that one game. It is an extremely good action game that was one of my favorite games on the Saturn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator_Action_II

Only the first level is themed like Elevator Action... other levels have you going through a Plane Hangar and some other locales. The graphics and animation are top notch too.

Especially if it's bargain priced, I'll be there.

LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

http://emustatus.rainemu.com/games/ea2.htm

Elevator Actions is one of my very favorite oldschool games. And Returns is one of the Saturn games that I have wanted for yeeears. That and the AD&D collection. ;) This Taito package is an instant day one purchase for me.

Elevator Action Returns, a $75 Rare Saturn title, and Quality shmups like Darius games and Raystorm? Color me there!

This game should retail for $20 as well. A total bargain. I would have paid $20 just for EAR, or the Darius games.

[quote name='Roufuss']Elevator Action Returns (also know as Elevator Action II) is a VERY awesome game... I'm very psyched I sold my Saturn copy at a premium now, and will definitely pick this up at launch just for that one game. It is an extremely good action game that was one of my favorite games on the Saturn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator_Action_II

Only the first level is themed like Elevator Action... other levels have you going through a Plane Hangar and some other locales. The graphics and animation are top notch too.

Especially if it's bargain priced, I'll be there.

LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

http://emustatus.rainemu.com/games/ea2.htm[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']Elevator Actions is one of my very favorite oldschool games. And Returns is one of the Saturn games that I have wanted for yeeears. That and the AD&D collection. ;) This Taito package is an instant day one purchase for me.

Elevator Action Returns, a $75 Rare Saturn title, and Quality shmups like Darius games and Raystorm? Color me there!

This game should retail for $20 as well. A total bargain. I would have paid $20 just for EAR, or the Darius games.[/QUOTE]

EAR is more like $50 these days, but yea, still a great deal ;) Especially since it's the arcade original and not a port, meaning this version should be even BETTER.

I'd pay $20 for Elevator Action Returns and it's like everything else after it is just a nice bonus.

ZOMG and Violence Fight. I just like the title. Real question: Is Rastan any good?

Edit: Finally, early 90's games rather than shit from the early 80's... this is the stuff I like.

[quote name='Chacrana']Haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet, but how did it look?[/QUOTE]

It looked like every other raiden but nicer graphics.

This beauty showed up today....what an awesome game:applause:

DSCF1736.jpg

[quote name='Chacrana']ZOMG and Violence Fight. I just like the title. Real question: Is Rastan any good?

Edit: Finally, early 90's games rather than shit from the early 80's... this is the stuff I like.[/QUOTE]

Rastan is cool. You play as a guy who looks like the ultimate warrior and you have to kill lizards and bats. Doesn't get much better than that.

[quote name='Chacrana']Espgaluda is indeed an awesome game... definitely need to play that some more myself.[/quote]

Yes it is, and yes you do.:D

I had a cave marathon today. Drug out all the PCBs and went to town. It was good fun.

[quote name='gunm']I'd surely like to get my hands on a Pink Sweets pcb.[/quote]
Good luck, they've reached the $800+ range, I believe.

I picked this one up today for a nice price, pretty happy with it.

1.jpg

Guess the game anyone?

(dodonpachi: dai-ou-jou)

[quote name='Circa2113']Good luck, they've reached the $800+ range, I believe.

(dodonpachi: dai-ou-jou)[/quote]

Yeah, wanting and affording are two different things. I'm hoping Cave will just port it over to PS2 already--it's been a year now.

Gratz on your arcade purchases.

[quote name='Circa2113']Good luck, they've reached the $800+ range, I believe.

Guess the game anyone?

(dodonpachi: dai-ou-jou)[/QUOTE]

jesus. how much was that?

[quote name='Apossum']jesus. how much was that?[/quote]
$249 which is a great price on that board. (usually around $350)

Here is the ebay auction and here is some info on the game.

Obviously, paying $250 for a game that WILL beat the hell out of you, is not every CAG's cup of tea.:lol:

[quote name='gunm']Yeah, wanting and affording are two different things. I'm hoping Cave will just port it over to PS2 already--it's been a year now.

Gratz on your arcade purchases.[/quote]

Thanks, nothing like playing them in a cabinet.;)

I'm pretty sure the chances of it being ported (like most other newer cave shmups) on ps2 are close to zero. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 5+ years (if ever) before we saw ketsui, pink sweets, espgaluda 2, etc. on a home console.

[quote name='Circa2113']Thanks, nothing like playing them in a cabinet.;)

I'm pretty sure the chances of it being ported (like most other newer cave shmups) on ps2 are close to zero. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 5+ years (if ever) before we saw ketsui, pink sweets, espgaluda 2, etc. on a home console.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... IIRC, Cave was porting one of their shmups... think it might've been Espgaluda 2... and they had to cancel it because the PS2 simply didn't have the RAM to handle something like that. Guess I'll have to wait for the PS3 or... Dreamcast? version. Personally, I like the various arrange modes and art galleries the console versions have.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... IIRC, Cave was porting one of their shmups... think it might've been Espgaluda 2... and they had to cancel it because the PS2 simply didn't have the RAM to handle something like that. Guess I'll have to wait for the PS3 or... Dreamcast? version. Personally, I like the various arrange modes and art galleries the console versions have.[/quote]

It was ketsui.

That is exactly what I meant though, I doubted we'd ever see them on PS2.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... IIRC, Cave was porting one of their shmups... think it might've been Espgaluda 2... and they had to cancel it because the PS2 simply didn't have the RAM to handle something like that. Guess I'll have to wait for the PS3 or... Dreamcast? version. Personally, I like the various arrange modes and art galleries the console versions have.[/quote]

Shit, if Pink Sweets ever came out for PS3, then I'd fuck ing HAVE to buy one.

Since they aren't making GD-Roms anymore, I'd have to believe it ain't going DC...

[quote name='gunm']Shit, if Pink Sweets ever came out for PS3, then I'd fuck ing HAVE to buy one.

Since they aren't making GD-Roms anymore, I'd have to believe it ain't going DC...[/quote]

The DC wouldn't be a possibility in my opinion. It would be a nightmare from both a technical and business standpoint. I suppose cave may start porting to PS3 or another next-gen console eventually since the PS2 just isn't up to par anymore.

Raiden III comes out tomorrow... I'll believe it when I see it ;)

It's a little steep at $30 (considering shooters are VERY niche over here) but I'll snag it the first chance I get because the Raiden series is awesome.

Yeah, I have Raiden pre-ordered @ amazon.

In other news, looks like Last Hope LE is finally shipping (not that I'm getting it). Still, P-A has some copies left and is willing to give up a goodie if you preordered:

[quote name='Play Asia']The Last Hope [Limited Edition] was originally pre-sold at Play-Asia, but the delay has apparently led to a number of cancellations. In other words, we have around 80 copies left in stock now, selling at US$ 79.99 as long as supplies last.

As an apology to all customers for the long waiting time, each preorder will ship with a FREE Dreamcast Visual Memory Card as well as a Last Hope sticker.

Check out our previous detailed news coverage if you want to know more about this game.[/quote]

Limited Edition Gallery:

[quote name='gunm']Yeah, I have Raiden pre-ordered @ amazon.
[/QUOTE]

I might go ahead and order this and Metal Slug Anthology from Amazon... no tax / free shipping sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back