GH III 78.99 at sam's club

Warning: This could easily be the wired version with the X-Plorer that has been hitting the low-cost stores such as Wal-mart, etc.

Although, with the issues people have been having with the Les Paul guitars...if you're not a real serious player, the X-Plorer should work fine. It's a little shoddy in my practice, but I'd rather a slightly shoddy guitar rather than ones with the issues the Les Paul has been having. (Fret buttons not working, star power going crazy, whammy bar not working at all, etc.)

[quote name='Lexxon']Warning: This could easily be the wired version with the X-Plorer that has been hitting the low-cost stores such as Wal-mart, etc.
[/QUOTE]

Ugh, yeah you could be right. Can anyone (like the OP) confirm this?

I believe the ones I saw were the wired version for the 360. The PS3 was wireless but I didn't see the price on those.

[quote name='Masterchip']Any word on Costco's pricing?

From the other thread, the guy said that he heard it was $70 over there[/quote]

In-store I saw the 360 and PS3 bundles at Costco for $89.99 and the PS2 bundle for $79.99. The 360 definitely included the new wireless guitar at Costco.

I imagine the Sam's Club bundles use the old guitar like WalMart since Sam's Club is run by WalMart.

I saw these at Sam's this morning and for the 360 it was the wired version, I did not even see the PS3 version. Still not a bad deal, but I opted for the wireless bundle.

[quote name='norkusa']Ugh, yeah you could be right. Can anyone (like the OP) confirm this?[/quote]
i didnt notice but i can check tomorrow or tues

I can confirm that Sam's Club has the WIRED version of GHIII for the 360, but they do have the wireless PS2 and Wii versions.

I also can confirm. I saw it yesterday and thought $80? That's actually a good deal. then I noticed a picture of the wired GH2 controller on the box. I realized something was not right and passed on the deal. Last night I started reading about the Wal Marts selling bundles containing old guitars.

The WalMart fiasco wouldn't be such a big deal if they had changed the packaging enough for it to be more noticeable AND they should really drop the price more. If I can get the wireless controller for $10 more, what incentive is there to buy the wired one? A $20 discount sounds more reasonable to me. I would imagine red octane did this to clear inventory on the old guitars, but why not just have an awesome sale on GH2? Sell those old bundles for $49.99, or sell it for $79 with both GH2 and GH3 in the box. That would be a much easier way to clear inventory, and without pissing people off.

bread's done
Back