GH Van Halen: Anyone get it yet?

aw004g

CAGiversary!
Can't check status because official site isn't working for me. Anyone receive their copy yet?

Ive got my popcorn ready to read all the horror stories about how this rebate of sorts, goes wrong.

Got my popcorn and soda and waiting to read the "OMFGWTFZORZ Gamestop screwed us all with this promotion" thread

Not yet. I checked like a week ago and there was confirmation that my game had indeed shipped though. It said to expect it within 4-6 weeks. It didn't say where it was shipped from though, however, if it was from the Minnesota location, it should be here soon.

Does anyone actually intend on playing this though? My copy is going straight to Ebay. I've never been a VH fan, and the tracklist from other bands is also terrible.

I'll play mine. Its the only reason I bought GH5, even though I am happy with my purchase of it. I got a "Will Ship Shortly" email last week.

I sense impending disappointment.

ghvanhalen_xbox_disc.jpg

No case, and the sleeve and disc ship with big "not for resale" labels all over the place (although, from my experience buying, that's never stopped GameStop before).

On top of that, it looks like there might not be a way to import tracks, unless they've got a serial printed on the back of the sleeve or on one of those flyers.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I sense impending disappointment.

No case, and the sleeve and disc ship with big "not for resale" labels all over the place (although, from my experience buying, that's never stopped GameStop before).

On top of that, it looks like there might not be a way to import tracks, unless they've got a serial printed on the back of the sleeve or on one of those flyers.[/QUOTE]

The no case thing bothers me, but I've got some spares, so I can always put it in one. And as for the "No Resale" thing, I doubt it'll stop GameStop from buying it back, but thats only after they start selling the game. I couldn't care less about importing though, as I don't see GH as much of a platform as RB has become.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Blink-192 and Killswitch Engage? In my Van Halen?

What is this bullshit?!?[/QUOTE]

Full setlist here: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175462

Its been announced for a while. I'm looking forward to Blink, but thats because I'm a bigger Blink fan than I am of Van Halen. I also can't wait to play "Dope Nose" by Weezer either.

[quote name='advanced']The no case thing bothers me, but I've got some spares, so I can always put it in one. And as for the "No Resale" thing, I doubt it'll stop GameStop from buying it back, but thats only after they start selling the game. I couldn't care less about importing though, as I don't see GH as much of a platform as RB has become.[/QUOTE]

You're reasonable about it.

I promise you, other people here won't be. :lol:

I'm more confused by the inclusion of Fountains of Wayne. As much as I love the band, I never saw much Van Halen influence in "Stacy's Mom."

The same goes for Jimmy Eat World, Yellowcard, and The Offspring ("Pretty Fly for a White Guy" - seriously?). I think Activision just picked bands out of a hat.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']You're reasonable about it.

I promise you, other people here won't be. :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I totally know that. I just thought I'd inject my thought before it gets lost in the "NO CASE/IMPORTING???? ARGGH! WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME! Sending in that letter for THIS SHIT? fuck that.

The way I'm seeing it, I'm getting the game for free. However they want to give it to me, I'll take it. I really can't wait for the influx of hate though. Gonna be awesome. :bouncy:

[quote name='ktims777']Got my popcorn and soda and waiting to read the "OMFGWTFZORZ Gamestop screwed us all with this promotion" thread[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a GS promotion, was it? I thought it was an overall promotion.

I'm a little upset about the game not coming in a case. I was going to put my copy right on Ebay, but the little slip cover and CD having the "No Resale" garbage plastered all over it may put a damper on my plans.

Will I still be able to list it on Ebay, or will they take it down (I'm assuming they will). In that case, I hope GS gives a decent amount of credit for these, something like $30-$35.

Anyways, I should get mine some time this week then, since like the guy that took those pics, I live only one state away from their MN shipping center.

[quote name='SEH']I'm a little upset about the game not coming in a case. I was going to put my copy right on Ebay, but the little slip cover and CD having the "No Resale" garbage plastered all over it may put a damper on my plans.

Will I still be able to list it on Ebay, or will they take it down (I'm assuming they will). In that case, I hope GS gives a decent amount of credit for these, something like $30-$35.

Anyways, I should get mine some time this week then, since like the guy that took those pics, I live only one state away from their MN shipping center.[/QUOTE]

I think you are dreaming if you think GS will give 30-35 for it. They know that everyone got it for free plus the slip case will not help. My guess would be $15-20 at best.

The set list is Eddie's fault. He let his son pick all the songs. He and Activision thought it would be neat since his son played guitar hero already.

[quote name='NJMane']I think you are dreaming if you think GS will give 30-35 for it. They know that everyone got it for free plus the slip case will not help. My guess would be $15-20 at best.[/QUOTE]

Definitely.

People actually still like Van Halen? They're like 90. :razz: /sarcasm

I actually thought they just included the damn disc in with every copy of GH5 and whatever other games they promised it with.

This is gonna end up being a giant clusterfuck of a promotion.

I got the email saying they received my stuff, and it should be rec'd by me in 4-6 weeks. I will play it. I love the GH games, and Van Halen rocks!

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm pretty sure the game isn't out till sometime in November possibly start of December......[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if you bought GH5 and sent in the proper info, you get it early and for free.

I got my copy today. Played around for a bit. Unfortunately, I have a funeral to attend in a bit. Otherwise I'd be playing a bit more.

Comes in a cardboard sleeve, couple of ads in the bubble wrap for GH5 and Band Hero, too. I'm actually a bit surprised that it came so soon.

Just got my copy as well. I think I'm just going to go ahead and play it rather than sell it now that it comes in the cardboard sleeve.

got mine
Not that it means anything, but I did notice it has the 20 digit ID code on the back cover.
Here is hoping that they give us the "Transfer" option eventually.
I highly doubt it, but at least it's there.

Everyone who got it, what date did you guys get the email? I got mine on the 25th, so I'm just curious as to how its going down. I figure since I got that email so late, I'll probably get the game later too, even if I did buy the game at launch and have it sent in before the 10th.

[quote name='advanced']Everyone who got it, what date did you guys get the email? I got mine on the 25th, so I'm just curious as to how its going down. I figure since I got that email so late, I'll probably get the game later too, even if I did buy the game at launch and have it sent in before the 10th.[/QUOTE]

I sent my info in the day the game came out, received the email on the 29th, and got the game today.

[quote name='SEH']I sent my info in the day the game came out, received the email on the 29th, and got the game today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Here's hoping I get a fast turnaround time like you. :)

[quote name='advanced']Thanks. Here's hoping I get a fast turnaround time like you. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, I do only live one state over from their Minnesota distribution center, so I'm sure that played a part in me getting the game already.

A cardboard sleeve? That's pretty shit.

If anyone wants to sell theirs, PM me. I might be interested in buying one.

[quote name='SEH']Well, I do only live one state over from their Minnesota distribution center, so I'm sure that played a part in me getting the game already.[/QUOTE]

Is it known if that is the only place they're sending them out from?

[quote name='lolwut?']A cardboard sleeve? That's pretty shit.

If anyone wants to sell theirs, PM me. I might be interested in buying one.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

It seems that every single report of getting GH Van Halen discs are Xbox 360s.

Is there anybody who has seen the PS3/Wii versions?

[quote name='legonerd']The set list is Eddie's fault. He let his son pick all the songs. He and Activision thought it would be neat since his son played guitar hero already.[/QUOTE]

I'm more disappointed his son is IN the game. It should be Michael Anthony with his Jack Daniel's bass.

MaxDense.png

[quote name='musha666']How are people getting their copy? USPS? UPS?[/QUOTE]

Just got it an hour ago. It shipped USPS.

Anyone please post a custom box art slip if you find one. I am assuming someone will make one. I am one of those anal people who like their games in cases. This little slip case is weak sauce to me.

[quote name='legonerd']The set list is Eddie's fault. He let his son pick all the songs. He and Activision thought it would be neat since his son played guitar hero already.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Where did you read that? What a God awful idea...

[quote name='advanced']Is it known if that is the only place they're sending them out from?[/QUOTE]

Well, when the info was to be sent in, they gave you a choice of either sending to Minnesota or California, which is most likely where the games are also shipping from. Minnesota is confirmed (that's where mine came from), although I haven't seen anyone say they've gotten one from CA as of yet.

[quote name='SEH']Well, when the info was to be sent in, they gave you a choice of either sending to Minnesota or California, which is most likely where the games are also shipping from. Minnesota is confirmed (that's where mine came from), although I haven't seen anyone say they've gotten one from CA as of yet.[/QUOTE]

I sent my info to the California one, as I live in Ca, so I'll probably be one of the first to know. Guessing on what others have said, I bet its all Minnesota, so I'll probably have it in a week or so.

mine still says 4-6 weeks for the ps3 version.
I want to know where they are sending these from that will take 4-6 weeks.
their warehouse in Antarctica is what i'm guessing.

bread's done
Back