GH vs. Regular

stevez0r

CAGiversary!
I love playing video game as well as collecting them. However, I'm not looking to make money or what so ever. I just want to know what most PS2 collectors collect. You get the GH version if you can't find the regular game.

Of course, regular version is usually always preferable for a collector. But for not making money, it's all about playing the games and having a nice library, GH or original. So get what you can. Also very occasionally GH may have extra features or even *gasp* bug fixes... which of course, are very important if you are playing the games. If someone is a reseller or a true collector, regular can be very important, especially new unopened games. But for a game playing collector, its about having the game in the first place in whatever format. IMO :)

[quote name='NC-17']Of course, regular version is usually always preferable for a collector. But for not making money, it's all about playing the games and having a nice library, GH or original. So get what you can. Also very occasionally GH may have extra features or even *gasp* bug fixes... which of course, are very important if you are playing the games. If someone is a reseller or a true collector, regular can be very important, especially new unopened games. But for a game playing collector, its about having the game in the first place in whatever format. IMO :)[/quote]

what he said

I prefer Regular, but I don't really care if I get the GH version and won't go out of my way to get the Regular.

While I try to grab the original right when it goes to GH so I can get it at the GH price, I don't really care if I didn't. It's not like my collection is devoid of GH games since it's impossible to avoid sometimes (VF4:E and DMC3:SE for instance).

Speaking of GH having extra features, is the upcoming COD:The Big One GH one of those? Does anyone what the added features are?

Regular versions most of the time.

The only times I'll get a GH (as others have mentioned) is if there are extras involved, such as with Devil May Cry 3.

Think I hit the right nerve :) Indeed, regular is preferable - but if GH is your only choice in terms of availability, surely it's better to have that than nothing at all. (And of course sometimes it is the only choice, as in the case of DMC3SE, VF4Evo, etc.)

Which ever one I can find complete first. I used be one of those that preferred non-GH versions, but it got the point where I didn't care and just picked a game up.

Unless the GH version has extra, always regular. I just hate buying a reprint and knowing it's worth shit. Granted I'm not going to sell the game anyway, I just like knowing it's worth something.

Depends on the situation. Most any time, I prefer non-GH. But when there's a game that's hard to find new (that's non-GH), but can easily be found as GH, I'd just got for GH. It doesn't kill me to have GH.

I prefer regular, but I'll accept GH if thats all that is avaiable.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Depends on the situation. Most any time, I prefer non-GH. But when there's a game that's hard to find new (that's non-GH), but can easily be found as GH, I'd just got for GH. It doesn't kill me to have GH.[/QUOTE]

You summed it up for me but that would be more like a case of "Final Fantasy Tactics". If it's most other products that aren't rare I'm going to look hard for the non-GH.

I used to care about having ONLY the original version. Now, I'll get the GH version if it's cheap enough. I don't plan on selling any of my games anyway...

as a 'game playing collector,' original releases come first. if GH contain additional content, then both. Silent Hill 2 for example.

In the MGS3 Snake Eater vs. MGS3:Subsistence LE; it's also both.

bread's done
Back