GHII Review up on IGN now!!!

I don't understand why a review that ends with "This is the nearly-perfect sequel to one of our favorite games in basically forever, and it's an absolute must-buy." doesn't earn a 10?

Honestly, Guitar Hero is the only game I have ever played consistently for a year, without getting tired of it. I would have given that game a 10 easy, and this looks to improve on it...God DAMN I can't wait for Tuesday.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']ve ever played consistently for a year, without getting tired of it. I would have given that game a 10 easy, and this looks to improve on it...God DAMN I can't wait for Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
Noticed you live in Berkeley. We got them in at CCity Emeryville. I believe I saw at least three copies in the back when I left work today at 5. I just can spend that much money at the moment.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I don't understand why a review that ends with "This is the nearly-perfect sequel to one of our favorite games in basically forever, and it's an absolute must-buy." doesn't earn a 10?

Honestly, Guitar Hero is the only game I have ever played consistently for a year, without getting tired of it. I would have given that game a 10 easy, and this looks to improve on it...God DAMN I can't wait for Tuesday.[/quote]

QFT. I would have given the last game a 9.5. From playing the demo and reading the reviews, it seems that this game should have gotten a 10. And I'm not saying this like I would hand out 10's to every exceptionally good game. The only other game I would give a 10 would be Ocarina of Time.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I don't understand why a review that ends with "This is the nearly-perfect sequel to one of our favorite games in basically forever, and it's an absolute must-buy." doesn't earn a 10?[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the full retail release and have been playing it all week. It's VERY close to being perfect but I agree with IGN's 9.5 score. My only gripe is that the songs picked for the game are way too long. Half way thru a song, I either start to get bored or my fingers feel like they are going to snap off. Most music games keep their songs at 2-3 minutes long for this exact same reason. The average tune in GH2 seems twice as long as that though.

Don't get me wrong, I love the GH series and the music they included in this installment is incredible. I just wish they put in a shorted song option like they did in Karaoke Revolution.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Noticed you live in Berkeley. We got them in at CCity Emeryville. I believe I saw at least three copies in the back when I left work today at 5. I just can spend that much money at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Most if not all CC's should've got them in by yesterday. Problem is that the systems will not let them scan the game, because of the release date.

I tried getting them to ring up the game yesterday (CC) and the system would not let them do it. :)

9.5. I don't anyone is surprised. Tuesday can't come fast enough, only 3 days left!!

my roomate just bought this and it's freakin' addicting!!! great game, tons of fun, totally worth the time and my roomates money

T. Foolery

I haven't been that impressed with the song list so far. I haven't played through all the songs yet...just the first 25 or so, so there's still plenty for me to unlock, but I think I like the songs on the first Guitar Hero better for the most part.

What would be cool is if some one with a big music library, like Sony, made their own version of Guitar Hero, then offered a huge chunk of their catalog for download at $1 a song or something. I'd buy a few hundred songs.

Edit: I played through easy mode and 2/3rd through Medium mode. The encore songs are all pretty good. The songs you unlock still suck, just like in the first Guitar Hero.

I think it's actually pretty difficult to create a guitar hero song -- to get the proper timing and balance, etc. It probably wouldn't be possible to do it for hundreds of songs.

bread's done
Back