Ghost in the Shell 2.0/2 Blu-ray Boxset ~20$ Shipped (Amazon UK)

Zaku77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Shel...K4XU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301379782&sr=8-2

This in an amazing deal. Ghost in the Shell 2 Blu is OOP in America, and stupidly expensive. This is both, new, in a little box sleeve, for $5 more than just buying 2.0 on amazon. These are not region locked, and this is an awesome deal =D

(Word of warning for those Japanese audio only elitest types. The subs on the UK blu of 2 are awful. If you plan on listening to it in the language that you understand, you're fine. If you want to listen to the Jap track though, you're pretty much out of luck)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down. I doubt we'll be seeing a re-release of the original print of GitS (the one without the CG additions) on blu any time soon. Thanks for the heads-up!

came to just over $20 after international shipping and currency adjustment. Although it's listed at over 11GBP, when I went through checkout it showed as only 9.50GBP.

Ok can somebody school me real quick. This blu not only has Inocence on it but it has the original version without the updated CGI? Or does it have both versions updated and original?

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Ok can somebody school me real quick. This blu not only has Inocence on it but it has the original version without the updated CGI? Or does it have both versions updated and original?[/QUOTE]
Both.

Am I the only one who really didn't care for GitS? I watched the first one like 50% through and got sooo bored. I think it was because over half the show was filler. For every like 5 episodes I watched, one was about the Laughing Man.

I dunno how 2.0 is, but I'm not too interested in picking this up if it's anything like 1.

[quote name='Darknuke']Am I the only one who really didn't care for GitS? I watched the first one like 50% through and got sooo bored. I think it was because over half the show was filler. For every like 5 episodes I watched, one was about the Laughing Man.

I dunno how 2.0 is, but I'm not too interested in picking this up if it's anything like 1.[/QUOTE]

In the episode title for each episode it told you whether or not that ep was filler , important or both. You could have just skipped the filler completely . But I feel your pain on that GITS season one starts off very slow. Anyway as for this deal i'm tempted, GITS 2 goes for more then i'm willing to pay in the States thats for sure.

[quote name='Zaku77']https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Shel...K4XU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301379782&sr=8-2(Word of warning for those Japanese audio only elitest types. The subs on the UK blu of 2 are awful. If you plan on listening to it in the language that you understand, you're fine. If you want to listen to the Jap track though, you're pretty much out of luck)[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, were the subs on the US blu-ray any better? Not that I'm going to spend what it costs to get it, just wondering if there's actually any difference. I usually prefer subs, but I guess I can live with the dub if the translation is significantly better.

[quote name='mbartholow']i went ahead and grabbed one. both for $20 shipped is pretty sweet. my first import blu![/QUOTE]

My first import too, $20.34 USD shipped, thanks!

bread's done
Back