ghost recon 2 $20?

LaraCroftsLeftBoob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
i got an ad from kmart today with last minute gift ideas and in it it had "video games - best sellers 19.99 each." it showed ghost recon 2 xbox. it's probably a misprint, but knowing the intelligence of alot of kmart employees if you take the ad with you you may be able to get if for $20.

the other games it showed was animal crossing, super mario sunshine, espn 2k5, gta vice city and midway arcade treasures.

If only i didn't just spend all my money on Xmas presents yesterday...i was really lookin forward to playing this one :( Hopefully that price will last until the 26th

[quote name='Scorch']I only got one copy.. mainly because there was only one, but I could've gotten it PM'ed if I wanted.. but I didn't.

Anyways, after my mom hung up, the woman walked back over to my mom and wanted to see the printout again, saying "sometimes these kids know more than we do". So they both note that it's the orange box, mom sees one in the case.. just the one, at the very bottom, turned sideways.. and they ring it up, and it indeed shows up for $19.99..

I wonder if any other games show up for $19.99. It's really odd for them to mark a game over 50% off..[/quote]

Might be part of their new initiative to get into the electronics arena, like they're working at for the past couple of months.

I nailed down a copy at launch from Outpost.com for $36.99, so don't feel too bad about it. Can't get all the deals out there. :D

One of the K's in town here has a copy on hold for me, which I'm going to see if Guyver wants. If not, then someone else can have dibs on it.

Well kmart was out of gr2, but i did get the flyer. i'm off to cc and bb later.

Can someone confirm that they price match?

[quote name='gaelan']Well kmart was out of gr2, but i did get the flyer. i'm off to cc and bb later.

Can someone confirm that they price match?[/quote]

My kmart didn't have the flyer or game. I'll be hitting up CC later, and trying to PM.

[quote name='sleepnmojo'][quote name='gaelan']Well kmart was out of gr2, but i did get the flyer. i'm off to cc and bb later.

My kmart didn't have the flyer or game. I'll be hitting up CC later, and trying to PM.[/quote]]

How are u gonna PM? No flyer or anything... My Kmart didnt have the flyer nor game.. X_X

I just picked up the last copy at the only K-Mart here. They had a sale tag taped to the display case stating the $19.99 price. The guy at the register expressed some doubt about the price and seemed hesitant to take my money until I had him look it up in the ad.

Thanks to the original poster.

yea thanks strike...fortunately though i got the last one at another kmart. luckily that one didnt have the 19.99 tag on it and i got it and it rang up 19.99.

thanks OP. this is one of the best deals ive seen

[quote name='guyver2077']thanks OP candidate for deal of the year[/quote]

What? You're putting this up there with CC's $5 sale, the TRU sale, the Hastings 4 for 1 and everything else?

They had about 6 copies at the Kmart in Jacksonville on San Jose. Picked on up for $19.99 with no problems. The guy scanned it like 3 times because he didn't belive the price was right. Said on the receipt something like "You saved $30".

Thanks for the tip to the Original Poster.

Since Guyver has a copy of it now, the copy I was trying to get for him doesn't have an owner (I already bought it from Outpost.com), so does someone need it because they can't find it?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='guyver2077']thanks OP candidate for deal of the year[/quote]

What? You're putting this up there with CC's $5 sale, the TRU sale, the Hastings 4 for 1 and everything else?[/quote]

One deal on one game does not make you an "OP of the year" in my mind either.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='guyver2077']thanks OP candidate for deal of the year[/quote]

What? You're putting this up there with CC's $5 sale, the TRU sale, the Hastings 4 for 1 and everything else?[/quote]

wel for me it is. i got nothing at that cc sale. didnt even try the tru and i dont think theres a hastings in miami. i think this is one hell of a deal. i almost bought it full price like 2 days ago.

yea and i didnt mean the poster of the year.

This is a mistake, but it's cool that they're honoring it.
All of the other games shown in the deal are ordinarily $20 and it was probably supposed to be Platinum Hits Ghost Recon or GR:Island Thunder. In next week's KMart ad, Ghost Recon 2 is listed for Xbox/PS2 for $49.99.

People that lay out their ads should do their job and check the copy before it's put into print, and make sure that when they mean Ghost Recon 1, they put up the pic of Ghost Recon 1. Like BB did with RE4 in their current ad.

They pay people to do ad layout and assumedly, to proof them before they go to print, and check things like this. I'm glad they're honoring a mistake, though it's a costly mistake. Enough of them, someone might do their job and check into this stuff before they put it into print.

Thanks OP. Great find. I would have never known about this since I don't get a daily newspaper. Thanks to you and CAG.

Anyway, I got the final copy that my store in PA had. They had a bunch of the PS2 versions (they were also tagged $19.99) But, this is good news, the guy let me get a raincheck for a copy for a friend of mine. So if your store is empty and you don't mind waiting for your copy, get a raincheck.

Thanks again.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='sleepnmojo'][quote name='gaelan']Well kmart was out of gr2, but i did get the flyer. i'm off to cc and bb later.

My kmart didn't have the flyer or game. I'll be hitting up CC later, and trying to PM.[/quote]]

How are u gonna PM? No flyer or anything... My Kmart didnt have the flyer nor game.. X_X[/quote]

I talked to a CC guy when I was there earlier. I asked if they PM without a flyer, but it was online. He asked which store, and I told him Kmart. He probably thought I was a moron, cause there is a Kmart next door to it. He said yeah. So I'm going to give it a try.

I PMed this at CC, which did 110%, then I added the Internet 20% coupon for a grand total of $14.XX. Yes!!
I was wondering if this was possible. Did you PM at the time of purchase, or purchase then PM? I have found that if you do it at purchase, it is only 100%. I was going to be using your same trick of PM at purchase, then trying to use the coupon. If they said no, I was going to PM after buying at full.

[quote name='AGuth'][quote name='Rozz']Think twice about buying this game, even for $20. It got bad reviews by both critics and players.[/quote]

You probably mean the PS2 version - - the Xbox version rocks![/quote]

The Xbox version sucks too compared to the first game. I was SO pissed playing it. I love how it used to be mostly simmy...its all arcade-like shooting now. LAME. Traded mine back in for Alien Hominid and am not regretting that one bit.

Got back from WalMart with a brand new, $20 copy of Ghost Recon 2. The game department manager was pretty cool about it and readjusted the price in a second. He remarked what a great deal it was and he asked if he could have the ad so he could get in on the deal too, lol.

Thanks so much to the OP. I would've never seen this ad unless you posted about it.

damn... k-mart socks (im suprised no one ever uses this line)
;)
mine was OOS :( if anyone can pick me up a copy for that price i would be enternally greatful and repay accordingly!

[quote name='StealthySeal']damn... k-mart socks (im suprised no one ever uses this line)
;)
mine was OOS :( if anyone can pick me up a copy for that price i would be enternally greatful and repay accordingly![/quote]

Talk to Shrike, I think he has an extra copy.

My parents are evil! Since in-door track isn't going on, and I'm getting lazy, I have to run 8 miles to get this game. It better be Shaq-fuing worth it.

i am a little confused, presuming my local paper doesn't have a k-mart ad (which sounds like a pull-out), am i screwed?

I don't think so, since some here have said that it scans at $19.99 anyway. The ad isn't really necessary, then, but good to have in case anything doesn't pan out.

Or, if your Kmart is OOS, you'll need the ad to PM someplace. Best of luck to ya.

You can find the ad online here. That way you can print it out, and there you go.

I picked up a copy at CC today, pricematched down to 17.99. I told the guy about the deal, and he actually checked out their website to see if it was true. Awesome. Thanks OP!

Well, here's my story...

I went out to Kmart. They were sold out. I then went out to Best Buy. They agreed to price match, and called Kmart to verify. Since they were out of stock at Kmart, they wouldn't price match. Then I went to Target. "Sorry, we don't price match." I took one last shot at Wal-Mart. The guy working there in electronics was actually someone I knew. He told me he'd do it, but they didn't have it in stock there, either...

However...I ended up getting a rain check for Ghost Recon 2. I get two copies of it, each for only $19.99!

I PMed at time of purchased at CC. I always ask them if they do the price match plus 10% (which they do). Then they know that I know that that's what I should be expecting. I was surprised that the guy also took my 20% Internet coupon as well.

Yeah this seems like some type or crazy sale, it's not a typo in the ad. The Game scaned at 20 bucks. I had zero problems getting the game. I got the last copy. The PS2 version did still scan for 50 though.

I got a price match at my local CC but they did not want to take the 20% coupon as well but I was not complaining since I was already getting it for $18 after the price match.

[quote name='Owen']I got a price match at my local CC but they did not want to take the 20% coupon as well but I was not complaining since I was already getting it for $18 after the price match.[/quote]

You couldn't use the coupon, since it has the nice little asterisk that says it's only for purchases $19.99 and above. Which, of course, is on a different page of the ad from the coupon.

Anyone that did lucked out on it.

None of the stores I called, Meida Play, BB, Wal-Mart, would PM online ads. Are there any other stores that I should call?
EDIT: TRU, and Target don't either.

[quote name='Scorch']I wonder if you could've used the $19.99 or less $10 off coupon after PM at TRU..[/quote]

:shock:

eeeexcellent idea

is everything opened on christmas eve day? i will go down there and check it out if they are opened :p

[quote name='el bobo']None of the stores I called, Meida Play, BB, Wal-Mart, would PM online ads. Are there any other stores that I should call?[/quote]

It's in B&M ads, and it scans at K-Mart for $19.99.. just go to a local KMart and get an ad.

Well, I found a store about 20 miles away and called. The guy that called was an ass, I just asked
"Do you have any copies of Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox in?"
He said "No,"
I asked politely "Could you please check the price?"
He got all pissed and said "Fine"
He never came back to the phone, what an idiot.

Hey, I just got back from CC. Man My day was hectic. I went to Wal-mart, all sold out. K-mart all sold out. THen i went to BB, but they wouldn't price match, K-mart. So i go down to CC, and i PM just fine. I showed them the internet ad, and they gave it to me for 19.99$!!! PLus the extra 10% off for the PM!!! So in all i payed 17.99!!! for GR 2!!! Which is normally a 50$ game!!!

i went to kmart and they had some ps2 copies, but i couldnt see any xbox copies.

I'm sure they had some for xbox, but since they like to put like 10 different games in front of each other, i'll never know.

i'm gonna go to sears in a minute and try and price match

Well folks, I was able to get it, but not from Kmart. All (3) of my Kmarts here in Sioux Falls, SD were all out. So I went to Wal-Mart for a pricematch, and the cashier didn't want to wait for a supervisor approval, so he hand-keyed it (added to system manually) which I am also an associate from their so I got 2 of them for $36, 1 for me, 1 for brother for xmas, thanks again guys!
Dijital

KMart was out, supposedly, though no one ever goes there to buy games. I got BB to PM just fine though, which makes the deal even better for me. I love seeing them sell for under cost. :)

bread's done
Back