Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Clan Interest

Tha Xecutioner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
With the upcoming release of the second installment of the GR:AW series, it has been announced that there will be a clan system set in place for online multiplayer. The reason for this thread is to gauge interest in setting up a CAG clan for GR:AW2.

Currently there is only a single player demo on the Marketplace for this game and a March release date. Some of you may remember the "clan" set up from before with the launch of GR:AW1 that fell through, but that was because there was no clan system, so I'm sure this could work very well. The clan would be set up to mirror a lot of what HOSTILE CAG is doing in Chromehounds: namely, getting a large group together, scheduling nights for clan play, and constantly communicating in the threads.

Of course, there are problems that arise with the time period of this game coming out. Everyone who remotely looks at game sites knows that the Halo 3 beta is set to launch this Spring, which will cause many CAG 360 owners to drop anything they are playing to take part in that. I think it would be fair to expect a good bit of participation out of anyone who joined, so therein lies the question: Does anyone have any interest in joining/helping/participating in a CAG-only clan for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2?

Because I made the thread doesn't necessarily mean that I will be the leader of this clan if it goes into effect, because I have been talking with a handful of others about it. However, just vote from the options above and make comments, if necessary. Thanks.

It all depends on money situation at the time. If I get the game, I will def take part in a clan. I personally don't plan on playing Halo 3 until it is finished in Nov so no beta for me.

Like last time around, my schedule is usually iffy, but I'd be willing (when I pick this up. As of right now, if its still like GRAW 1.5, I may wait for a price drop). Hopefully we will be more active this time around.

Ok, I will set up the thread soon. Hopefully we can get more people, as of now we have 6 that are for sure getting it and 6 who are unsure. Also, we need a catchy name like the "HOSTILE CAG" crew has..as long as it's something other than GRAW2 CAG clan.

Any (good) ideas?

[quote name='felixlighter']How about CAG Enforcement Team or CAGET for short... I don't see any potential problems with that name. CAGETs unite![/QUOTE]
:lol:

We could start a rivalry with the GLAAD Ghost Recon 2 clan, with that name.

[quote name='felixlighter']How about CAG Enforcement Team or CAGET for short... I don't see any potential problems with that name. CAGETs unite![/quote]That is on par with my "Cheap Ass Ghosts" idea (Ghosts being the soliders in GR:AW - for the uninformed).

[quote name='terribledeli']I'd like to, but my time is limited during Sunday through Wednesday. I'll give a more definate answer as the release approaches.[/quote]In all honesty, most of the larger get-togethers would be held on Friday/Saturday afternoons, if that helps your decision.

Yeah I would probably be able to be in a cag clan. I would most likely play in the evening and maybe only a few days a week. And my play time might dwindle down bigtime once Mass Effect comes out. But other than that I would be good to go.

So I had an idea for a clan name/logo (need feedback on both):

clan name - Ghosts of War
logo:
Yeah, I know it's a cheap rip-off of the Gears logo..but it's juat an idea.

Sorry X, doesn't look like I'll be picking this game up, not right away anyway. I'll wait till it hits $29 or less. The demo didn't impress me too much and I haven't even finished the first one.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry X, doesn't look like I'll be picking this game up, not right away anyway. I'll wait till it hits $29 or less. The demo didn't impress me too much and I haven't even finished the first one.[/quote]Heh, don't feel too sorry just yet, I'm having doubts of whether I will pick this up, as well. The demo was..less than I expected.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry X, doesn't look like I'll be picking this game up, not right away anyway. I'll wait till it hits $29 or less. The demo didn't impress me too much and I haven't even finished the first one.[/QUOTE]
Are you for real? I'll be getting it ASAP.

I'll be in depending on how long it will take Gamefly to send me a rental copy. I don't have anything in my queue except for GRAW 2, so hopefully I can get in on their first batch. I'd rather not pay $50+ for GRAW 1.5 and a clan system. Hopefully my schedule will fit in.

i've preordered this one since i got it cheap, but i suck.

i only played about an hour of the first one before i got distracted and never went back.

[quote name='H-Town Info']i'm buying the game now since frys is selling it for 35[/quote]

Ditto, I'll see if I can PM at Circuit City if not I'll take a drive to Fry's.

[quote name='H-Town Info']i'm buying the game now since frys is selling it for 35[/quote]
Seriously??? Damnit why in the hell is the nearest Fry's 2 hrs from my house??? Here I thought I was getting a great deal at CC!

[quote name='flybrione']I am getting this today with store credit. Might be interested in the clan or just playing with some fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]
Same here!!

[quote name='toper']God, I'm such a sucker for Tom Clancy games. :([/QUOTE]
QFT

I don't know if this clan is up and running yet but I will be on tonight trying to finish the last 2 co-op campaign levels and would like to get some more CAGs to play as well. If we get enough we can try some of the other team modes also.

[quote name='Santurio']I don't know if this clan is up and running yet but I will be on tonight trying to finish the last 2 co-op campaign levels and would like to get some more CAGs to play as well. If we get enough we can try some of the other team modes also.[/QUOTE]

I should be on tonite post-work/pre-dinner.

Nice. I'm making a list of who plans on showing up tonight and I'll try and send invites. I don't know if it's me or if it's the game but people seem to disconnect a lot during games so someone else may want to host. But I'll be on by 9 central for sure but I'll probably be on earlier.

I plan to be on tonight as well, but I have visitors so if I don't respond to any invites, then it's not me who's playing.

bread's done
Back