Ghost Recon: Future Soldier thread

Rhett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
GR:FS is out now... took away all the irrelevant info. I suppose we could use this thread to coordinate anyone who wants to play MP, now. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did NOT want every YT video to show up like that, but I have problems with posting videos and spoiler tags. If anyone has a more elegant solution, please tell me. This format isn't bad, but not quite as intuitive as I would've liked.

This is definitely on my radar. About time...

Any word on the beta being accessible via Splinter Cell: Conviction disc like they advertised so many years ago?

[quote name='HydroX']
Any word on the beta being accessible via Splinter Cell: Conviction disc like they advertised so many years ago?[/QUOTE]

This. I loved Conviction but the main reason I never traded it in was because the beta was supposed to be accessible thru it. Ubisoft don't fail me now.

you need the SC:C disc to play the beta? i was under the impression UBI would email beta codes to the Uplay account associated with your gamertag. if this is the case, i guess i wont be playing GR. i only rented SC:C

[quote name='masterchief2291']you need the SC:C disc to play the beta? i was under the impression UBI would email beta codes to the Uplay account associated with your gamertag. if this is the case, i guess i wont be playing GR. i only rented SC:C[/QUOTE]

AFAIK (though details are still scarce): You can either get early access via SC:C, or preordering at Gamestop. It's only early access though. I think everyone gets the beta eventually.

More vids going up in a moment. Awesome vids, too.

OP updated. Yellow asterisks by "new" videos. Also, fixed the YT links!

Updated OP with beta info (what little there is). The Ubisoft and GameFaqs forums are overrun by people wondering why they can't play yet, but refuse to look up info themselves.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']This beta has been taking forever...and the game releases a month later. Damn![/QUOTE]

Yeah it has. It was announced in 2010 I believe it was? Beta was supposed to be Summer 2010, but people didn't like this "far too futuristic" version of Ghost Recon, so they revamped it (hence why it's been in development for about 4 years total, now)... I think the beta was pushed back at least 3 times, along with the release date, too....

If it's any consolation, the combination of the high-quality/polished gameplay footage, and increasing amounts of information + interviews lead me to believe the game's on track for an actual release. The devs seem confident in an April beta, too. The beta will likely last around a couple weeks, if I had to guess, as well. Probably mostly a server stability test/demo more than anything IMHO. Looking forward to it regardless...

Thanks for the date info I guess i'll drop my $5.00 down next time I pass GS. Used to love Ghost Recon but have mild expectations now. Will cancel though even if it's great as Amazon has $10 credit and exclusive maps.

Also EVERY release copy will be the signature edition correct and not just Gamestop?

[quote name='$hady']Thanks for the date info I guess i'll drop my $5.00 down next time I pass GS. Used to love Ghost Recon but have mild expectations now. Will cancel though even if it's great as Amazon has $10 credit and exclusive maps.

Also EVERY release copy will be the signature edition correct and not just Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop exclusive. I also heard it was going to be sold by the Ubishop, with a couple other bonuses, but that may just be the UK. I couldn't find anything solid on that.

Amazon and Gamestop also have different preorder maps, so beware if you're intending on playing with someone. Albeit, only one map, but it could mean something to you. All of the preorder stuff (including most if not all of the Signature edition contents) will probably come out as DLC of some kind (potentially free, if it follows SC:C), too, so the signature edition content could be considered equal to the $10 credit IMHO.

[quote name='Rhett']Gamestop exclusive. I also heard it was going to be sold by the Ubishop, with a couple other bonuses, but that may just be the UK. I couldn't find anything solid on that.

Amazon and Gamestop also have different preorder maps, so beware if you're intending on playing with someone. Albeit, only one map, but it could mean something to you. All of the preorder stuff (including most if not all of the Signature edition contents) will probably come out as DLC of some kind (potentially free, if it follows SC:C), too, so the signature edition content could be considered equal to the $10 credit IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for info, if it is a GS exclusive than those extras will probably be worth more than $10 to retards, I mean rich kids, oops I mean people on Ebay. ;)

Knowing that it should go sale within 45 days, I'm doing Best Buy. Credit/Reward Pts/Price Match is just to good to pass up. I'd rather not have mismatched maps...so stupid.

[quote name='heatison777']Knowing that it should go sale within 45 days, I'm doing Best Buy. Credit/Reward Pts/Price Match is just to good to pass up. I'd rather not have mismatched maps...so stupid.[/QUOTE]

Good idea for anyone on the fence about the traditional Ubisoft price drops.

Major update (mostly Guerrilla info) to OP just done. Sorry for all the bright yellow... I might change the color. It's good for catching attention, though! :cool:

[quote name='Rhett']Yeah it has. It was announced in 2010 I believe it was? Beta was supposed to be Summer 2010, but people didn't like this "far too futuristic" version of Ghost Recon, so they revamped it (hence why it's been in development for about 4 years total, now)... I think the beta was pushed back at least 3 times, along with the release date, too....

If it's any consolation, the combination of the high-quality/polished gameplay footage, and increasing amounts of information + interviews lead me to believe the game's on track for an actual release. The devs seem confident in an April beta, too. The beta will likely last around a couple weeks, if I had to guess, as well. Probably mostly a server stability test/demo more than anything IMHO. Looking forward to it regardless...[/QUOTE]
I love ghost recon, splinter cell, and rainbow six equally. I can't believe it has been 5 years since GRAW2 released and am excited to finally play a Ghost Recon game again.

[quote name='htz']I love ghost recon, splinter cell, and rainbow six equally. I can't believe it has been 5 years since GRAW2 released and am excited to finally play a Ghost Recon game again.[/QUOTE]

And four years since Vegas 2 as of the 18th... god damn, did the time fly by. GRAW 2 was my very first 360 game, too, so... yeah... it's been a while. =X

Too bad GR:FS was going along pretty well and then they were forced to go back to the drawing board, when people thought it was too futuristic. It looks quite polished at least. If it's as good as it looks, I'll be throwing my money at them, too.

Target's exclusive pre-order bonus are 2 special weapon skins. Found out about it when I was browsing the gaming section and saw it listed on those $1 pre-order cards.

[quote name='Jay']Something about the cloaking puts me off about this game.[/QUOTE]
The camo will only stay active as long as the player maintains a low profile. When the player moves too quickly or fires their weapon, the camo will deactivate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Ghost_Recon:_Future_Soldier#cite_note-12It should also be noted that the optical camo will not function as an invisibility cloak. Enemies will be able to see the Ghosts when they are close enough.
Plus the fact you can easily see a silhouette of the cloaked player if you are referring to multiplayer.

Turns out the beta date is unofficial (though it came from the official Ghost Recon UK Facebook). I'm still leaving it up, though, as it sounds accurate enough.

Yeah, the cloaking is not really problematic from what I've seen. In Campaign, it's not a free pass to go wherever you want. Enemies can see you when you're within 10-15 feet, if you're not careful. I think it's more of a graceful stealth indicator than Splinter Cell: Conviction, in that, you can't hide in a dark corner, 3 feet in front of an enemy, without getting seen.

In Multiplayer, it's more to help snipers get around than anything. There are a lot of counters to it, as well, for the attentive player. Drones and sensor grenades at least, but maybe more gadgets. From what I've seen, you definitely want to keep your head down in areas with long lines of sight, though.

Updated. They finally officially released a beta date. Before, it was more of a leak/unofficial announcement. I also added info on the two game modes, and some limitations that will be imposed.

I don't know how many guns/gadgets we'll get access to, but I'm absolutely positive that the gunsmith will be in-game.

Looking forward to it! :)

Interesting. It appears the beta will be a closed beta, with access given only to owners of SC:C, GR:FS preorders (Gamestop), or beta keys given away online.

I guess that's nice. Hopefully means the servers won't be down half the time due to being overwhelmed.

Hmm. Also appears that the game will, itself, be 6v6 instead of 8v8. I guess I can't complain. Less people trying to host that actually can't support so many people at once.

Bumpdate! Added several gameplay videos from the upcoming beta, though on PS3 + in French. Not sure who the uploader is or how he got to play, but it's fantastic. Check it out now, it MAY get taken down! Probably not, but it's worth a look!

[quote name='VipFREAK']Is it May yet... Ugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Cw86nsqH8[/QUOTE]

I know, man. I know.

In the mean time.. if anyone has questions, I'm kind of up to date. I kind of laxxed on updating the OP. Probably gonna consolidate it majorly when the beta comes out.

Beta can be "pre-loaded" through SCC, or if you already have a beta code for the 360, tomorrow (the 17th), but you cannot do anything beyond playing with options AFAIK, until Thursday, when the servers go up. I have no idea why they're preloading. You wouldn't believe how much whining and confusion there is on other forums.

No idea what limitations there are in the beta, in terms of leveling/weapons.

[quote name='hustletron']I preordered this game back in 2010 and got a beta code from Gamestop, this should still work right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it should work. Need to follow the instructions on the receipt. I think you go to somewhere like www.gamestop.com/code - find Ghost Recon, enter it, and then it takes you to Ubisoft... and at some point around the 19th, you'll get a code.

Or you can get the beta through Splinter Cell: Conviction, as of today. Can't do anything with it until the 19th though.

[quote name='masterchief2291']wow that video looks downright amazing. was that the coop campaign?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, appears to be the co-op campaign. Though, it's the SP campaign, but entirely co-op-able.

And I found out that the beta will not be limited in terms of progression. You can take all 3 classes to level 50, with all the unlocks, if you REALLY wanted to.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Can't wait to give this a spin tonight![/QUOTE]

You can NOT play yet. :( Only preload. Yes it's confusing as fuck. Beta starts on the 19th, when the Ubisoft servers go up.

[quote name='VipFREAK']How do you get the beta again??[/QUOTE]

If you have SC: Conviction (Games on Demand, rental, used, whatever), you can download the beta from the main menu. (Hit X on the main menu, I believe)

If you pre-ordered at GameStop, you enter your code and they will eventually email you a beta code.

Interesting news. Apparently the beta goes live at 12:01 GMT Thursday, which is 8PM EDT on Wednesday. This came from a community manager, so it should be legit. I hope so. I'm jonesing bad. :D

[quote name='Rhett']Interesting news. Apparently the beta goes live at 12:01 GMT Thursday, which is 8PM EDT on Wednesday. This came from a community manager, so it should be legit. I hope so. I'm jonesing bad. :D[/QUOTE]

If this is true I'll be on at 10PM EST. If you're still on we should play a few rounds.

[quote name='Rhett']Yeah it should work. Need to follow the instructions on the receipt. I think you go to somewhere like www.gamestop.com/code - find Ghost Recon, enter it, and then it takes you to Ubisoft... and at some point around the 19th, you'll get a code.

Or you can get the beta through Splinter Cell: Conviction, as of today. Can't do anything with it until the 19th though.

Yeah, appears to be the co-op campaign. Though, it's the SP campaign, but entirely co-op-able.

And I found out that the beta will not be limited in terms of progression. You can take all 3 classes to level 50, with all the unlocks, if you REALLY wanted to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rhett, it worked even though the receipt said I must redeem by 12/31/10, been saving this thing for a long time, the ink is all faded lol.

[quote name='HydroX']If this is true I'll be on at 10PM EST. If you're still on we should play a few rounds.[/QUOTE]

I should be on, but I kinda-sorta-maybe took you off my friendlist since maybe a week passed and I never saw you play anything besides Netflix. >_>;

Feel free to add me again, though. I only have maybe one or two friends who are getting it, that I'd like to play with.

And @Hustletron

You may get an email on Thursday, or sooner, or possibly later. I think they're staggering invitations from preorders.

[quote name='Rhett']I should be on, but I kinda-sorta-maybe took you off my friendlist since maybe a week passed and I never saw you play anything besides Netflix. >_>;

Feel free to add me again, though. I only have maybe one or two friends who are getting it, that I'd like to play with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my fiance and son spend most of the time on Xbox/Netflix. My gaming time has been relegated to his naptimes and after he goes to bed. Sigh. lol

[quote name='HydroX']Yeah, my fiance and son spend most of the time on Xbox/Netflix. My gaming time has been relegated to his naptimes and after he goes to bed. Sigh. lol[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. $200 netflix machine! Heheh. I bet that's rough. Time to have two $200 netflix machines!

And now other community managers are saying that the start time is unconfirmed, and that they are finalizing the details now. No telling. =X

The amount of confusion surrounding this game... Ubisoft could have handled it so much better.

Edit: Beta goes live 3PM UK BST, 10AM EDT on Thursday.

bread's done
Back