Ghost Recon Tips

XboxMaster

CAGiversary!
Just got my 360 today, pretty kick-ass. I could only get one game and I picked Ghost Recon. Damn, is this game on hard. I'm already struggling on the first level! Anyone got any tips to survive?

P.S. Will it save my checkpoints so I can turn it off and come back mid-mission? I'm afraid to turn it off...

there are checkpoints, use cover a lot/all the time, this isn't Halo, don't run in an area without checking it out, take your time, this isn't Halo, use your men wisely, never leave them out in the open, and for god sake's this isn't Halo.

:)

edit: use your drone a lot if you can!

One tip G.I. Don't fucking die maggot!

Sorry, no use cover just like a real solider would. The best game on the 360 IMO. However cover is important, and if your with your squad work with them. Use them as a tool. Take your firearm off of full-auto. Single shot is the best. You can spray-n-pray 50 bullets and kill no one. Or aim take your time behind cover, and get 50 kills without taking a bullet.

The game gets monumentally easier when you learn to use your squad / drone / apc / anything else you have with you. Have them engage (from cover), and your life will be much easier.

If you think normal is hard, my goodness, don't even bother with hard. Enemies are ridiculous. 1 or 2 shots and you're out.

Like the others said, this is not run and gun. This game requires you to think, USE COVER, and make use of your teammates. I recommend the single shot firing mode as well on any weapon (it's more accurate). I personally used the MR-C rifle more than any gun in the game. I used it for just about every mission I could.

Always fire from cover. ALWAYS. Place your reticule over the enemy, or where the enemy comes out, then when they stop firing, pop out and headshot them.

Also, if you're engaging multiple enemies, use your teammates. If someone is giving you a hard time, assign your squad to take him out. While doing so, you can take out other targets that may be a threat to your teammates WHILE IN COVER.

And yes, use your drone as much as you damn well can. Letting that thing spot enemies for you makes the game sooooooooo much easier.

Also, no. If you turn off the 360, you start the entire mission over.

Just wait till you get to that one mission where you start off in the dark with the sniper rifle.

Lets just say my 360 controller *almost* went through the TV.

[quote name='JDMxB']Just wait till you get to that one mission where you start off in the dark with the sniper rifle.

Lets just say my 360 controller *almost* went through the TV.[/QUOTE]

LOL I just finished that one today. Yeah, that one got me pretty pissed as well. Are the guys on your squad really fucking stupid, or am I not doing it right? Cuz they always seem to be engaging someone out in the open.

[quote name='XboxMaster']LOL I just finished that one today. Yeah, that one got me pretty pissed as well. Are the guys on your squad really fucking stupid, or am I not doing it right? Cuz they always seem to be engaging someone out in the open.[/quote]Try putting them in the "weapons cold" state (I forget the name, I think it's "Recon mode"), and they won't shoot unless you tell them to. But even then, when you do give them an order to attack, they still run out in the open and shoot at hostiles.:bomb: Just try moving them to walls/objects that are big enough to cover 3 people and then give them the order to engage (it seems to help a little; if anything).

However, in my opinion, you've really got to play this game in hard mode to appreciate it.

anyone have tips for the "Bulldog" mission. do you have to get all 3 tanks to the 1st enemy outpost? one of my tanks won't move, the other two do.

when I get to an area I know I'm supposed to be at (there is nowhere else to go), it says I am out of the battle zone.

is there something I'm missing on this level?

bread's done
Back