Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective New Classics Bundle $39.99 in the Capcom Store

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Doesn't Amazon have this bundle up, too?[/QUOTE]
If they do, I can't find it. I'd love to use my game points on this.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Any particular reason why these Phoenix Wright games go OOP? I mean they're one of the DS's most popular franchises[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's because different developers can only finance so many games at once. If they want to print new stuff, they have to stop spending on printing the older stuff. With other games, it might also just be a matter of them not bringing in enough to justify the different costs associated with printing and distributing. Even with Phoenix Wright being as popular as it is, it's a game that's 5 years old. They can't really sell it for much, especially not with it being sold for $10 on WiiWare and $5 on the iPhone.

Seems like a pretty good deal and the 10% off code for signing up for the newsletter makes the shipping hurt less. Anyone know when they charge for pre-orders?

Thanks OP! This is a fantastic deal that I could not pass up! :D My old roommate used to talk up how much he loved the Phoenix Wright series and how much I should play them, although I've only recently started to get back into gaming on my DS. Currently playing through DQ IX and really enjoying it!

BTW they charge when you order. Mine was about $44 shipped (although I recently canceled - which was painless).

Edit: See pewpewpew's post. Seems like CC orders are NOT charged until shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sabanoo']Seems like a pretty good deal and the 10% off code for signing up for the newsletter makes the shipping hurt less. Anyone know when they charge for pre-orders?[/QUOTE]
Thank you for mentioning the newsletter code, I totally missed that on the website. Also according to the FAQ they charge your card after it ships. Just don't pay with Paypal because that will charge immediately for sure. Only unfortunate thing about buying from Capcom is that they don't let you cancel orders through the website like you can do at most major online retailers.

EDIT:
@sabanoo:
Did you use credit card directly or Paypal? May want to hold off on this if the FAQ was wrong.

[quote name='pewpewpew']Thank you for mentioning the newsletter code, I totally missed that on the website. Also according to the FAQ they charge your card after it ships. Just don't pay with Paypal because that will charge immediately for sure. Only unfortunate thing about buying from Capcom is that they don't let you cancel orders through the website like you can do at most major online retailers.

EDIT:
@sabanoo:
Did you use credit card directly or Paypal? May want to hold off on this if the FAQ was wrong.
[/QUOTE]

PayPal! So it seems like CC is the way to go. Thanks for that info!

By the way guys, heres the flash demo for those who haven't seen it yet.
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventur...part=rss&tag=gs_ds&subj=6284628&mode=previews

I decided to just go ahead and place my order since the game looks promising. Plus I got rid of my beat up copy of Phoenix Wright when I heard about this offer a while back. Even with the reprint of Phoenix Wright I doubt the price will go too low so this is an awesome deal.

Be sure to get the newsletter code that sabanoo mentioned because shipping is around 6 bucks economy.

Just placed my order.
Already pre-ordered at Amazon but will cancel that.
I just got Miles Edgeworth and will be nice to have the original.
Can always use more DS games though i already have a good backlog on DS games but i just cant say no.

Thx for the coupon code, took $4 off.

Just to warn you guys, the FAQ might be wrong about credit card orders. I think I got charged for it already. I probably won't cancel though since the game release is only a month away but just thought I might want to let you guys know.

I had to dig through the CAG forums, but I found another 10% off code that I remembered using on the DR2 High Stakes version if you're not interested in signing up for the newsletter:

THANKYOUTEN

I'm not sure if it stacks with the newsletter code or not, but it definitely works on its own.

I just stumbled on this when looking at the okamiden stuff

Does anyone know if this is actually the 2 separate games in their original packaging? Or if its both games in a new single repacked case? Im kinda a collector and would get this if you get both the games as stand alone items.

The sites not clear on this

[quote name='Kenshindono']I just stumbled on this when looking at the okamiden stuff

Does anyone know if this is actually the 2 separate games in their original packaging? Or if its both games in a new single repacked case? Im kinda a collector and would get this if you get both the games as stand alone items.

The sites not clear on this[/QUOTE]
This deal is pretty old, actually. I ordered it from them a while ago, and it's just both games in their own separate cases, shipped in one cardboard box by digital river. So yes, it will suit your collecting purposes! :)

[quote name='WilliamG']Submitted to Amazon for price match! :)[/QUOTE]

they wont match it if it isnt online

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If I'm not much a fan of text-heavy point and click games, should I pass on this?[/QUOTE]

this isnt the game for you.

[quote name='62t']this isnt the game for you.[/QUOTE]

Okay, cool, thanks. Knowing that Ace Attorney is OOP makes me want to get it but if it's just point-and-click, I'll pass.

I couldn't find an unboxing video of this bundle on youtube. Would have this liked if it there was a unique slipcover that housed the two separate games.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I couldn't find an unboxing video of this bundle on youtube. Would have this liked if it there was a unique slipcover that housed the two separate games.[/QUOTE]

nope. You are just getting 2 games

[quote name='Ionotropic']This deal is pretty old, actually. I ordered it from them a while ago, and it's just both games in their own separate cases, shipped in one cardboard box by digital river. So yes, it will suit your collecting purposes! :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='adriley313']just know that ace attorney is shrink wrapped and not y sealed[/QUOTE]

hmm kinda sucks about ace attorney being shrinkwrapped. I actually bought it several months back but never opened it, i'll have to see if its Y fold sealed. If so maybe i'll get this and open it (since its not y sealed) that way i have one sealed

Shippings a bitch though, might be better to just wait for ghost trick to drop and get that by itself and forget about having a sealed ace attorney copy. Does the THANKYOUTEN coupon code still work?

The ghost trick you get from this IS y fold factory sealed right?

*edit* Kmarts website shows ghostrick at 29.99 NOT 19.99 as stated earlier here

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm kinda sucks about ace attorney being shrinkwrapped. I actually bought it several months back but never opened it, i'll have to see if its Y fold sealed. If so maybe i'll get this and open it (since its not y sealed) that way i have one sealed

Shippings a bitch though, might be better to just wait for ghost trick to drop and get that by itself and forget about having a sealed ace attorney copy. Does the THANKYOUTEN coupon code still work?

The ghost trick you get from this IS y fold factory sealed right?

*edit* Kmarts website shows ghostrick at 29.99 NOT 19.99 as stated earlier here
[/QUOTE]

It's store only, check the K-Mart thread.

Why do people care if something is Y-fold sealed?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's store only, check the K-Mart thread.

Why do people care if something is Y-fold sealed?[/QUOTE]

Too bad if its in store, there are no K-marts anywhere near me

about the Y-fold seal. Why do people care if a game has the original packaging or artwork either? Its a collector thing. Plus thats a way to know its original packaging. Its a lot harder to reseal a game with those and resell it as 'new'

Im not sure what the cruddy sarran wrap stuff you see some games with is. Theyre aparent reseals done at some point, though if its by the company or resellers i dont know. Plus theyre a lot uglier

[quote name='Kenshindono']Too bad if its in store, there are no K-marts anywhere near me

about the Y-fold seal. Why do people care if a game has the original packaging or artwork either? Its a collector thing. Plus thats a way to know its original packaging. Its a lot harder to reseal a game with those and resell it as 'new'

Im not sure what the cruddy sarran wrap stuff you see some games with is. Theyre aparent reseals done at some point, though if its by the company or resellers i dont know. Plus theyre a lot uglier[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you're buying this straight from the source, so it shouldn't matter. Why would collectors resell pieces of their collection? Kinda makes no sense. Now if flippers were interested, I could see that, but I always thought being a collector means having a collection.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, but you're buying this straight from the source, so it shouldn't matter. Why would collectors resell pieces of their collection? Kinda makes no sense. Now if flippers were interested, I could see that, but I always thought being a collector means having a collection.[/QUOTE]

Every collector has a price. Collecting is done both for fun and speculation. But most collectors know they will sell their stuff at some point, whether for money reasons or just loss of interest in the collection. Or to buy other stuff for their collections. Actually, I think the act of collecting is what most people enjoy, but once they have what they want, the interest wanes.

Im one of those collectors scottsman mentioned who collects just for the fun of it. I do not sell my collection. I have actually never sold one of my games, EVER, except for a couple instances in the past that i regretted. I actually traded a couple in to EBgames waayyy back in the day and regret it. (Symphony of the night, Alundra, Persona.. ungh. Had to rebuy them all, still looking for a good copy of persona) I havent traded anything in since then. Ive actually almost collected every PS1 rpg now

For me its a matter of the Y folds just looking pretty and clean. Those screwy reseal jobs always look tacky and ugly as hell. Plus without the Y folds theres always the possibility someone just did a half asses reseal job. I know that buying it straight from the source it will be new, but it will not LOOK pristine and new, so its of no use to me

I actually checked my copy and unfortunately its not a Y fold seal. So i have no use for the bundle deal. I guess i'll just open and play my copy and forget about having a nice sealed one to keep. Id like to get Ghost trick for 20 bucks but like i said theres no Kmart around me so i guess i'll keep watching Amazon or something for it cheap

Some DS games were never Y-fold factory sealed by the manufacturer. A lot of Ubi Soft games come to mind, along with the Castlevania games, and all recent printings of the first Phoenix Wright. I don't know why that's the case, I just know that's been my experience.

[quote name='Josef']Some DS games were never Y-fold factory sealed by the manufacturer. A lot of Ubi Soft games come to mind, along with the Castlevania games, and all recent printings of the first Phoenix Wright. I don't know why that's the case, I just know that's been my experience.[/QUOTE] Exactly. I can attest to all that you said as a collector and fan of the series. Y-folds are not mandatory on all games, just like seals.

A lot of Capcom games don't come in Y-folds in my experience. Up until Ghost Trick, all the games I bought from them were sealed like the resealed jobs. (Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, Super Street Fighter 4 and I'm pretty sure RE5 Gold under the sleeve) It's not a big deal, but when I went to return Dead Rising 2, I got a funny look because of the weird seal. (Even though every copy on shelve looks like that)

bread's done
Back