Ghostbusters - Gen. Discussion & Info

[A CGI movie is in the works. From comingsoon.net

Quote:
A CGI Ghostbusters III?
Source: CISN Country
February 2, 2007

Dan Aykroyd visited radio station CISN Country and revealed that a Ghostbusters III is in the works.

Aykroyd said that the film will be CGI and Bill Murray has agreed to do the voice of Dr. Peter Venkman. No word on whether Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson or any other of the original actors will return to voice their characters. /QUOTE]

There was a point in time where GB 3 was suppposed to come out awhile back, but the script was really weak. Rumors were Will Smith, Chris Farley, and/or Ben Stiller were going to star.

Had to do a double take on that one...
this has nothing to do with the Ghostbusters Zootfly video demonstration that floated around the internet in January.

Doubt it will look as good and be as fun as it looked but great news anyway.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Had to do a double take on that one...

Doubt it will look as good and be as fun as it looked but great news anyway.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn, I completely missed that. I think I mentally blocked it as I didn't want to face the truth :(.

They keep talking about doing a Ghostbusters game and nothing ever comes of it. I'll believe it when I see it on the shelves.

gbstaypuft-thumb.jpg

If that ain't the most ballin' shit you've ever seen, then I don't know what to say.

You know what?

It's coming out for every console, everyone's happy about it.

This is just a damn good day for gaming in general.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
gbstaypuft-thumb.jpg

If that ain't the most ballin' shit you've ever seen, then I don't know what to say.[/quote]

:shock:

There is no way that i'll miss THAT unless the game turns out bad (Wich we all hope won't happen)

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
gbstaypuft-thumb.jpg

If that ain't the most ballin' shit you've ever seen, then I don't know what to say.[/quote]

:shock::drool: Is this a confirmed screenshot?

[quote name='Slate']:shock:

There is no way that i'll miss THAT unless the game turns out bad (Wich we all hope won't happen)[/quote]
The 360/PS3/PC version is being developed by Terminal Reality.
I love Ghostbusters, it's one of my favorite movies of all time, but I'm very worried about the developer they decided to use.

I'll play through this no matter how shitty it is. At the very least, the dialogue and voice acting will be as good as we've seen in any game.

EDIT: Wow, that really is an interesting developer choice. Kind of scary.

[quote name='Kaijufan']The 360/PS3/PC version is being developed by Terminal Reality.
I love Ghostbusters, it's one of my favorite movies of all time, but I'm very worried about the developer they decided to use.[/quote]

Why haven't I heard of Terminal Reality before?

Oh, nevermind, Just look at the games they've developed! The only ones I recognize are the bloodrayne and the 4x4 games.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks good, though not as good as Zootflys, it still shows a lot of promise.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly! fuck! I can't wait!

Here's the teaser they just released:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0yjfw1MVCo[/MEDIA]
They should have thrown in some gameplay, I think at this point its to late for a "teaser"

This actually looks very promising. I also like that they're including some of the best scenes from the original movie--this is the one to watch for me right now.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
gbstaypuft-thumb.jpg

If that ain't the most ballin' shit you've ever seen, then I don't know what to say.[/QUOTE]

Really, I really want this game to be good. And I usually hate Games based on Movies.

I hope the game is good, and that that the cartoons finally get released on dvd. Maybe that will be enough to give the franchise some life so we can see a ghostbusters 3 movie.

EBgames/Gamestop website has a banner today, preorder it with free next day shipping. Is it just me or are they really pushing preorders almost a year ahead of time now, between this, Fable 2, and Brutal Legend.

[quote name='KingDox']Really, I really want this game to be good. And I usually hate Games based on Movies.[/QUOTE]
This game doesn't deserve the "game based on a movie" stigma, simply because it's not a marketing tool tie-in, as the film was release over twenty years ago.

First Gameplay Video preview

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXtyy55R2U&eurl=http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183285&page=12[/MEDIA]

Looks like some of the things are coming along nicely, although it clearly needs more work still. I hope it's not rushed it looks like it has potential with a bit of polish and speeding some of the action up.

Nice little preview. I like how they said weaken the ghosts with your friends. I really hope this game has online co-op mode.

But from that clip alone, even if the game does suck. I would say it's worth it to play it just to see what it is like to be a ghost buster.

[quote name='PRMega']Definitely looking sexy, but needs polish. The way that chunk of wall fell onto the stairs seemed so unnatural.[/quote]

and that really bizarre, slow, and repetitive, way of removing of it. That was the the only part of the video that I really disliked (and the monotone voice of the previewer). Hopefully, they will just add 2 or 3 "auto-lock" points the you attach to after attached to said object to life it up.

Looks a little too Gears-ish for me to get really excited, but not bad.

The sound and music looks like it's going to be pretty awesome, though.

That got me excited again about the game. Just hearing the original actors voice and the fact that it seems to keep the same type of humor (thanks to Ramis and Akroyd's writing) is just stupendous. How can Atari really screw it up, aren't they just publishing it?

No Rick Moranis really sucks in a way. Also I don't know if it's me but the I just don't feel the emotion with the voice acting honestly. I will play it none the less how ever.

bread's done
Back