ghostbusters universal price drop?

yeah, i think the $19.99 is only gonna be good for this week. Stellar price for this game..no reason not to pick it up at this price.

I picked up a copy on clearance (Tulsa, Ok) on Thursday for $14.98. They still had 2 copies left after I got mine.

[quote name='danielwood']I picked up a copy on clearance (Tulsa, Ok) on Thursday for $14.98. They still had 2 copies left after I got mine.[/QUOTE]

where?

One of my targets had it on clearance for $29, and the one on the other side of town had it clearanced for $15, behind the glass case. I c ouldn't get it cuz I'm broke :(

I'll get it when it's $10. I rented it and it has no replay value at all and it gets repetitive after awhile. Anyways, this is good news.

Still $30 at my local Target.

I picked it up last week used at the Family Video used game sale for $19.99. Thankfully it was in mint condition. The game is awesome if you are any kind of fan of the movies. I am loving it, but yes, it does get a little repetitive, but the story is very good and the cutscenes make it worth all the effort. Hope there's a follow up.

I enjoy the movies and feel the first flick still holds up today quite well.

Given that, I think the game sucks. Fan of the series or not, the gameplay was terrible and the story was overhyped prior to release. I hate that I spent $60 on this and think it is still a bit high @ $20. Whoever said they were waiting for $10, that is probably where I would list this one, and even then, only if you really like the series. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend touching it at all.

I don't know about that; I thought the game was much better than I thought it would be. $60? No, but the $30 I paid for the Slimer Edition was perfect. Fairly short game but they worked everything in well despite the A.I. that falls short.

I don't know what everybody's problem is. This game is fantastic. So glad I got it during the Steam sale a few weeks ago. I just finished it earlier today. So good.

Was glad to have picked up the collector's edition for $30 at Amazon

Worth the price, and even better at $15, for the nostalgia alone to play this PG-rated Gears of War :eek:

Kind of bummed there was no one playing this online when I played thru it about 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I don't know what everybody's problem is. This game is fantastic. So glad I got it during the Steam sale a few weeks ago. I just finished it earlier today. So good.[/QUOTE]

The AI was absolutely terrible. The gameplay was not fun..Capturing countless ghosts was a chore and did not translate well from the thrill that one gets from seeing it on a movie screen.

I am glad though that other people are enjoying it. I certainly did not, but perhaps it was just me.

[quote name='Yanksfan']The AI was absolutely terrible. The gameplay was not fun..Capturing countless ghosts was a chore and did not translate well from the thrill that one gets from seeing it on a movie screen.

I am glad though that other people are enjoying it. I certainly did not, but perhaps it was just me.[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact you, like me, hated the dinner party possession fight, the flying Cherubs fight and the 1 hit kills you final boss fight right?

[quote name='Yanksfan']The AI was absolutely terrible. The gameplay was not fun..Capturing countless ghosts was a chore and did not translate well from the thrill that one gets from seeing it on a movie screen.

I am glad though that other people are enjoying it. I certainly did not, but perhaps it was just me.[/QUOTE]

It was a fun mix of capturing ghosts and regular shooter action, looked beautiful, worked better as a game than either of the movies, had highly imaginative enemies and settings, and was a wonderful "thank you" to the fans.

It was $6.81 for shipping. Might as well get it at Best Buy. Does this have co-op online? Someone was saying you can't play through the story mode online like Gears or Lego Star Wars.

Wikipedia says the online co-op are side missions from the main story that include objectives like capture the most ghosts in short amt of time or defend some machine.

Yeah, I forgot what the shipping was. You can still get the PC version direct downloaded for $10. There is no shipping to speak of in that case.

If you're a fan of the Ghostbusters, you will probably like this. If you aren't, it probably won't do much for you or make you want to run out and get the movies. Personally, I grew on the GBs and absolutely loved this one.

bread's done
Back