Ghostbusters Wii Discussion Thread..

The Wii version (which is different from the 360/PS3 game) has gotten pretty good reviews but I'm still skeptical of movie tie-in games. I may get it when the price drops, though.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Wii version (which is different from the 360/PS3 game) has gotten pretty good reviews but I'm still skeptical of movie tie-in games. I may get it when the price drops, though.[/QUOTE]

It's not really a movie tie-in game as there's no third film. If anything, there's been mention of this being a substitute for a third movie in the series.

Ok, but it's still a movie tie-in. Kung Fu Panda Legendary Warriors, for example, is not based on a film (I don't think), but it's still a tie-in with the Kung Fu Panda movie. In fact it's worse. You can just think of Ghostbusters as a virtual movie tie-in if that helps. :) The reviews have been pretty good, though, so no doubt it is at least better then the average movie tie-in game.

ok i have been playing since 10am and this game is awesome i love using the wii remote as a proton pack, to me the graphics are great for the wii system and game play is awsome... the shirt i also got wassize xl so it will fit me perfect.... so glad ei got it from gamestop i will post more latter on as i dont wanna spoile the game for anyone else who may be playing the game or has not had a chance to pic up a copy yet... but wow its fun

I played for about a hour or 2 with a friend in co-op campaign. It was fun yet it became somewhat repetitive. I'm kinda upset that its so washed down compared to the other console versions though. I would have enjoyed it more with weapon upgrades.

I played for a little over an hour. I really like it and am having a lot of fun. I love the art style and think I prefer the cartoony look over the other versions. I'll try to play some more Ghostbusters tonight.

I got it today(at TRU with the $20 gift card which is why I got it now instead of waiting), but I'm not sure when I'm going to get to it. My backlog isn't too bad at the moment so hopefully soon.

The controls are surprisingly good. It is very rewarding to throw the trap with the nunchuck after wrangling a ghost with the wiimote.

Just wondering if there are more impressions from folks who've played the game longer. I am worried that after the first few hours, the game will get repetitive/frustrating/boring/too easy and lose the initial appeal...?

--R.J.

[quote name='Kman']ok i have been playing since 10am and this game is awesome i love using the wii remote as a proton pack, to me the graphics are great for the wii system and game play is awsome... the shirt i also got wassize xl so it will fit me perfect.... so glad ei got it from gamestop i will post more latter on as i dont wanna spoile the game for anyone else who may be playing the game or has not had a chance to pic up a copy yet... but wow its fun[/QUOTE]

Man... are you for real?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man... are you for real?[/QUOTE]

yes i love this game for the wii.... i like the cartoon look of the game gives it a more fun feeling to it....

So how does this game stack up story/gameplay wise to the 360 and PS3 versions? I don't care for multiplayer much since my internet connection sucks. And the wife is interested in playing this game along with me via coop.

[quote name='cognitive77']So how does this game stack up story/gameplay wise to the 360 and PS3 versions? I don't care for multiplayer much since my internet connection sucks. And the wife is interested in playing this game along with me via coop.[/QUOTE]
I hear (secondhand) it's the same, but that some levels are smaller than the HD versions. In terms of plot and gags, though, it seems to be all there.

--R.J.

bread's done
Back