Girly Anime anyone?

imanimazing

CAG Veteran
Well im new here and i think this is the perfect place to express my love for anime. My favorites being rumbling hearts and love hina. Now most of the guys i talk to tell me these are girly anime shows but i am a girl and i like anime for boys.:bomb:

That naruto crap apparently is for boys:applause:
Bleach is for boys too wtf.

Anyway i want to hear from you girls and maybe guys who like girly animes

i think it is totally cute ^.^ anyway for a guy to totally love animes like love hina =P:bouncy:

I watched a lot of girly anime. Rumbling Hearts, Cardcaptor Sakura, Maria Watches Over Us, Kannazuki no Miko, Pretear, etc. I haven't watched anything recently, though. I might get hooked on anime again later in the year or early next year.

And before anybody gets their knickers in a bunch and flames me to hell and back, I am a guy, and I like things girlier than girly anime.

I loved card captor sakura.... now why arent animes like that more popular...i remember they had tarot cards in happy meals i was like OMG CUTE!!!!! and well now its garbage like naruto.

dont get me wrong thought naruto is good too but too overrated... btw im checking out this new anime called saukra =D

My favorite girly anime is Elfen Lied.

Kawaii!!!
elfenkyu.gif

592390355a1918051259b176728396l.jpg

With CCS, it was probably the cultural differences. They rewrote it so much for Cardcaptors. Also, it didn't help that the Clow Cards were viewed as tarot cards by parents, and that was witchcraft! Kids can't have witchcraft!

Cardcaptors was my first exposure to girly anime, I think. I never got into Sailor Moon. My first exposure to CLAMP, too, and I didn't even know who CLAMP was back then. Still didn't when I got the Magic Knight Rayearth Saturn game.

Speaking of MKR, add that to my list of girly anime I like.

As a guy, I see nothing wrong with "girly anime" I watch "guy anime" and "girly anime" pretty equally, watching one off too much is boring, you have to mix it up ;)

Meh there is nothing special about guy liking girl anime.

On the other hand you dont see much support for children anime like Doraemon.

Leave CAG right now. It may sound harsh but that is the best advice I can give you. Other than that, welcome to CAG, post a deal or two and I hope you stay around forever.:wave:

I don't even know what girly anime is. A cast of mostly girls? I always thought that was a good thing.

I love things like Love Hina and Azumanga Daioh and wasn't aware I wasn't supposed to like them.

Is Inuyasha "girly"? It is pretty much just a chick flick-quality love story but with some action thrown in.

Is the definition of girly anime here something that can make you go "kyaaaa!~" (I can't think of an equivalent in English. Maybe cute or adorable)?

A lot of titles being named are primarily aimed at males and/or might be more gender-agnostic.

[quote name='Hostile']Is the definition of girly anime here something that can make you go "kyaaaa!~" (I can't think of an equivalent in English. Maybe cute or adorable)?

A lot of titles being named are primarily aimed at males and/or might be more gender-agnostic.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing- Love Hina and Elfen Lied are certainly NOT girly anime.

I watch just about any anime, myself- I suppose the girliest things I have are Snow Fairy Sugar and Super Gals (which has the distinction of being the only anime I could not force my boyfriend to watch. :lol:)

Whatabout shows like DearS and Chobits??? I mean those are both most definitly altered toward male viewers but i enjoy them... And kid animes like ranma 1/2 always brighten my day too!

Hmmm, I'd characterize 'girly' anime as anime specifically geared towards girls and a lot of the suggestions made in the thread I wouldn't categorize as such. As Hostile says, most of the titles mentioned are more gender agnostic rather than aimed towards a specific gender.

For example, while CLAMP is known for their female-centric work, they have been shown to do more gender-neutral stuff recently such as Chobits, xxxHolic, Code Geass, and even a bonus costume for Tekken. Lucky Star & AzuDaioh are comedy first before they are girly anime (and I would dare say Lucky Star is more for boys if anything). Titles like Love Hina & Negima are typical harem anime (where a boy has several girls chasing him for his affection) so I would say are more for boys than girls.

Aishiteruze Baby would most definitely be categorized as girly - little action, focused more on family issues (and takes a surprisingly mature look at child care, abandonment, relationships, etc.), and features a teenage bishounen taking care of an adorable yet mischievous little girl. Still, as a guy, this series definitely appealed to me. But if you want saccharin, diabetes-inducing sweetness, go for titles like Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar or Child's Toy (Kodomo no Omocha). If you want more mature (read: not ecchi) titles, go for stuff like Paradise Kiss or Fruits Basket.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I was thinking the same thing- Love Hina and Elfen Lied are certainly NOT girly anime.

I watch just about any anime, myself- I suppose the girliest things I have are Snow Fairy Sugar and Super Gals (which has the distinction of being the only anime I could not force my boyfriend to watch. :lol:)[/QUOTE]
I guess it's kind of like how some anime and manga are made for men in Japan but you would swear they were made for women if you were going by American standards. The latter parts of the Chobits manga are especially chick-flickish, but that goes over with men in Japan.

And you have Sugar? I love that anime! It's so cute :)

I am a shojo manga/anime fan. Here are my favorite shojo anime:

Boys Over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango)
CardCaptor Sakura
Escaflowne
Kare Kano
Marmalade Boy
Victorian Romance Emma

I would give a thumbs up to Kodomo no Omocha and Kare Kano. I don't particularly like most of the stuff geared towards females (I can't stand the reverse harem) and too much drama but some of them are really good.

DearS and Ranma 1/2 is geared towards males but it's easy to see why both sexes would enjoy them.

[quote name='Hostile']DearS and Ranma 1/2 is geared towards males but it's easy to see why both sexes would enjoy them.[/QUOTE]

Nobody should enjoy DearS, male or female.

Marmalade boy was definitly one of my faves... and all i was saying bout girly anime is that most guys i know dont like to admit they watch shows like marmalade boy or kanon. They claim to only like naruto and DBZ

I probably would if I knew what to watch, but there's a lot of crap to sift through. I hate Naruto and DBZ, but I like Lucky Star. And I love Cowboy Bebop, but I don't think that's a girly anime.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The Kodomo no Omocha (Kodocha) anime is ass compared to the manga. Same with Chobits.[/QUOTE]
The Chobits anime was, IMO, better than the manga up until the very end. The anime kept the humor throughout the whole series, and many of the filler episodes still served a purpose and expanded on concepts either touched upon or not even mentioned in the manga.

I thought the manga's ending shows what true love is all about, and that's something that almost no media really touches. The anime's ending wasn't bad, but it wasn't as revolutionary as the manga.

[quote name='imanimazing']Marmalade boy was definitly one of my faves... and all i was saying bout girly anime is that most guys i know dont like to admit they watch shows like marmalade boy or kanon. They claim to only like naruto and DBZ[/QUOTE]

Kanon is actually geared towards males as well.

bread's done
Back