Give out Plants vs. Zombies at Halloween for Free

Wow, these are great. We give out mix of stuff every year and it's the non candy stuff the kids usually like the most like a box of jucie or Sunny D. These will go along great, especially if we run out of stuff like usually do, we can just print more. :lol:

Thanks OP

Augh, so cool. Now... if only there was a free way to print these on decent stock instead of looking cheap and phony when you try to hand them out. :whistle2:k

This is awesome! I really hope parents won't just throw them out thinking I'm trying to "hack into their computer." I would have loved a free game when I was a kid, besides the fact that this is an excellent game!

[quote name='Gram']This is great.
I just wish more kids came to my neighborhood.[/QUOTE]

When I was a kid I remember sooooo many people being out and about trick or treating. Nowadays my house is lucky to see 10 kids visit.

Thanks OP. This is great, printed 2 pages. Daughter is going to dentist in two weeks, she will ask about plants vs zombies trading cards.

Very cool, but we get the bussed in type of kids from ghettos and barrios who tend to have entitlement attitudes expecting to get bucketfuls of candy each. Doubtful handing these out alone will go over well.

Very cool idea even though almost everyone has already played the game a million times and a lot of kids will be too young to understand it. I'm still going to print some out, though.

[quote name='GenPirate']When I was a kid I remember sooooo many people being out and about trick or treating. Nowadays my house is lucky to see 10 kids visit.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, same here. I don't know if the internet is making people too antisocial and paranoid or if it's just because of the area, but there were hundreds of kids walking around when I was a kid. Houses all over town were done up in crazy decorations and there were always awesome haunted houses scattered about. Now, nobody decorates (unless you count some webs and a couple of window decals) or goes outside. We've lived here a couple of years now and I shit you not, we have had a total of 5 trick-or-treaters. Can't say I blame them; almost every house turns their lights off and it makes the neighborhood creepier than usual. I'll admit that I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about Halloween as I used to be, but I still think it's a fun holiday. And now that my boy is getting older, the idea of decorating and doing all of that "kiddy" stuff is becoming a lot more appealing.

On a similar note: you wouldn't believe how excited I get over the thought of doing science projects again.

I feel like it's a combination of parents getting to lazy to walk around with their kids and the crap economy. The most densely populated neighborhoods are probably most likely to be lower income, therefore little to no money to buy candy just to hand out. I wish it weren't true but people are pinching the pennies pretty hard. I can attest to it.

I really doubt the economy has anything to do with it. Costumes and candy can be acquired for next to nothing. Anyone who has the desire can take care of everything for less than $5. Besides, this is something I first noticed well before the economy went in the shitter...at least ten years ago. Laziness is a possible factor, but I really suspect that everyone just thinks their kids are going to get kidnapped.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Very cool idea even though almost everyone has already played the game a million times and a lot of kids will be too young to understand it. I'm still going to print some out, though.

Yeah, same here. I don't know if the internet is making people too antisocial and paranoid or if it's just because of the area, but there were hundreds of kids walking around when I was a kid. Houses all over town were done up in crazy decorations and there were always awesome haunted houses scattered about. Now, nobody decorates (unless you count some webs and a couple of window decals) or goes outside. We've lived here a couple of years now and I shit you not, we have had a total of 5 trick-or-treaters. Can't say I blame them; almost every house turns their lights off and it makes the neighborhood creepier than usual. I'll admit that I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about Halloween as I used to be, but I still think it's a fun holiday. And now that my boy is getting older, the idea of decorating and doing all of that "kiddy" stuff is becoming a lot more appealing.

On a similar note: you wouldn't believe how excited I get over the thought of doing science projects again.[/QUOTE]

i think its cause schools now have parties halloween night and churches ... i know back in the 80s this was never heard of

[quote name='karkyco']Very cool, but we get the bussed in type of kids from ghettos and barrios who tend to have entitlement attitudes expecting to get bucketfuls of candy each. Doubtful handing these out alone will go over well.[/QUOTE]

hahah, i was gonna ask if you lived in los angeles or something and then i saw your location.

very true indeed, fellow cag from la.

I am having issues registering the final game with the order number. Anybody else having an issue?

Edit: Got it to work after a couple dozen tries!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vivafriend5']I am having issues registering the final game with the order number. Anybody else having an issue?

Edit: Got it to work after a couple dozen tries![/QUOTE]

US only :(
It seems they don't want access to this thing outside the US

what is required?
can you give a brief description. how easy is it to create an account. does it require a real email all that stuff.

[quote name='pandiosity']what does it give you once you provide the information?[/QUOTE]
you get an email with the download link, and order number (which you enter to activate the game)
The game also gets added to your popcap account.

I made a post about this at the beginning of the month. I guess it was too early at the time for people to get excited about it.

Took some time for it to accept the code but if you keep trying it'll eventually go through. Thanks for the heads up.

It's US-only for those of you who aren't getting through. Use a VPN if you want I guess, but it's not really that big of a deal.

bread's done
Back