Give someone a Cookie and get sued for $900!

dedgeu2

CAGiversary!
Linky

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/04/costly.cookies.ap/index.html

Man, talk about a hard hearted souless lady! She could have called the cops to check around her house or even a neighbor...but no...she stressed herself out and the poor girls had to pay her medical bills.

The sad thing is that they were going to pay for her bills and even apologized but the rude lady just wanted to sue and declined their apology.

What do you guys think? Is the lady right for suing or is she wrong?

Rude, heartless old lady deserves nothing. While I think she's right for being angry at them, it's nothing to sue it over.

She should have gotten Jack since she turned down an offer to pay the bills. The judge should have said you dont want them to pay, so we wont make them. If she really wanted them to learn a lesson, then having their parents shell out the cash wouldve been good enough.

"The victory wasn't sweet," Young said. "I'm not gloating about it. I just hope the girls learned a lesson."

^^^^^^^

the lesson is....dont be nice to anyone....thanks lady for scaring off people who may try to be nice in the future :(

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']Byatch deserves to be burnt at the stake.

What a witch. :evil:[/quote]

Don't disgrace the name of witches with this bitch.

Haha - you wouldn't say she deserves to be nailed to the cross, would you?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']what a bitch... I think they ought to televise someone beating the shit out of that woman.[/quote]

I'd watch that!

[quote name='rebenns'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']what a bitch... I think they ought to televise someone beating the shit out of that woman.[/quote]

I'd watch that![/quote]

On FOX, of course! :rofl:

Well I'm halfway glad it wasn't like suing cause the cookies tasted bad and caused "food poisoning " or something... but god damn 900 buckaroos is alot of money.
:sigh:
The world is screwed up.

The girls should have identified themselves, though. I mean, the lady didn't know she was going to receive cookies, so it would've been a surprise anyway. Leaving the cookies and running away isn't a surprise that many would want to receive, since people would most likely be paranoid (poisoned food, etc.).

Still, taking the girls to court wasn't too nice of the lady. She should have just went and complained to the girls' parents. Having your parents pissed at you is punishment enough for most people. :)

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/nationworld/articles/1229527.html

Court records contain half a dozen letters from neighbors who said they enjoyed the unexpected treats. But Young, at home with her 18-year-old daughter and elderly mother, said she saw shadowy figures who banged and banged at her door. She thought they were burglars or some neighbors she had tangled with in the past, she said.

I bet this old bitch tangles with her neighbors over everything. I hate these types of people, why can't they just go to Antartica (no offense to Antarticans of course)

[quote name='starman9000']Do you think she might sue us for being mean about her on the internet?[/quote]

No, because we're being mean. Now if we started being nice and talking about how great a person she is, THEN she'd sue our asses off. :roll:

I'm not as mad at the people who bring these stupid lawsuits up as I am at the judges who let them win. Something is badly wrong with the system when this kind of crap is allowed to go on.

[quote name='argyle'][quote name='starman9000']Do you think she might sue us for being mean about her on the internet?[/quote]

No, because we're being mean. Now if we started being nice and talking about how great a person she is, THEN she'd sue our asses off. :roll:

I'm not as mad at the people who bring these stupid lawsuits up as I am at the judges who let them win. Something is badly wrong with the system when this kind of crap is allowed to go on.[/quote]

Yeah, unfotunately a judgeship is based on seniority and very hard to take away. I bet this inept jackass slid in because the small county has a very buddy-buddy judicial system.

[quote name='camoor']http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/nationworld/articles/1229527.html

Court records contain half a dozen letters from neighbors who said they enjoyed the unexpected treats. But Young, at home with her 18-year-old daughter and elderly mother, said she saw shadowy figures who banged and banged at her door. She thought they were burglars or some neighbors she had tangled with in the past, she said.

I bet this old bitch tangles with her neighbors over everything. I hate these types of people, why can't they just go to Antartica (no offense to Antarticans of course)[/quote]

I had a neighbor like this. Me and my friends called her the German Lady. She was always yelling at us in her German achsent to get off her property (as we were walking down the sidewalk in front of her house). Crazy old bat.

"The victory wasn't sweet," Young said Thursday afternoon. "I'm not gloating about it. I just hope the girls learned a lesson."

This lady's screaming for a shat bomb. :bomb:

Well, I don't think the girls did anything wrong. I also don't think she should have sued after she found out what happened. But, she did mention problems with the neighbors, who knows what sort of problems they were? She might have had reason to fear them. I mean, I've been to the country and some of the neighbors did freak me out a bit, and if someone started banging on my door at 9 p.m. and I didn't know anyone who would come over unanounced like that, I'd be a little scared too. But, then again, I wouldn't leave my house, expose myself to whoever was out there, and go to my sisters house.

she must have forgotten that back in the 1820's she used be a child. unless she was born as an old bitch then she shouldnt have any reason to sue anything.

just goes to show does not pay to be nice anymore in this day and age I hope she gets nothing and should pay the girls for the waste of their time in court

I imagine her as something like this.....

cheri-oteri-002.jpg

If I could get famous and piss off an old lady for the low, low price of $900, I'd totally do it.

I'd be on every talk show in America if I were those girls. I'd defame the heck out of that lady and tell her to sue me again.

I'd be a hero.

When you look at it like that, $900 is a deal.

...that's one way of looking at it, plus I'm sure that woman is going to get tons of hatemail. I'd laugh if around 532,000 people made cookies and put them on her door... cookies with... walnuts in them :twisted:

If the girls want to really piss her off, take some dog crap, put in a box. Do the same thing, except this time put a note on top of the box saying "Here's how sorry we are". :twisted:

[quote name='kev']If I could get famous and piss off an old lady for the low, low price of $900, I'd totally do it.

I'd be on every talk show in America if I were those girls. I'd defame the heck out of that lady and tell her to sue me again.

I'd be a hero.

When you look at it like that, $900 is a deal.[/quote]

It's a trap!

hahaha fuckers.... put those bitches back in there place... in the kitchen. IKIK i have nothing against womens rights or even anything at all to bitch about, lol... girls actualy are a hell of a lot more independent and more intelligent than males... damn i just pwned myself...

[quote name='BasketCase1080']hahaha shaq-fuers.... put those bitches back in there place... in the kitchen. IKIK i have nothing against womens rights or even anything at all to bitch about, lol... girls actualy are a hell of a lot more independent and more intelligent than males... damn i just pwned myself...[/quote]

wow you sure lived up to the name basketcase180 in that post :wink:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']The girls should have identified themselves, though. I mean, the lady didn't know she was going to receive cookies, so it would've been a surprise anyway. Leaving the cookies and running away isn't a surprise that many would want to receive, since people would most likely be paranoid (poisoned food, etc.).

Still, taking the girls to court wasn't too nice of the lady. She should have just went and complained to the girls' parents. Having your parents pissed at you is punishment enough for most people. :)[/quote]

I agree, it probably wasn't the most brilliant of ideas, and honestly I wish it would show what time of night they were out and about, ringing doorbells and dropping off cookies. I am just glad I don't live anywhere near there.

Update!

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Radio station KOA-AM of Denver raised more than $1,900 from listeners Friday to pay the girls' $930.78 fine...

Wanita Young said, "This has turned into quite a fiasco. It's something that never should have happened and it's just devastating. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. My life has been threatened and I'll probably have to move out of town."

Cheers!

And thanks to the wonderful Google, a quick search of her name brings up this.

W. Young
(970) 259-0182
1206 Avenida Del Sol
Durango, CO

Could that be her? :twisted:

[quote name='"SS4Brolly"']Update!

Wanita Young said, "This has turned into quite a fiasco. It's something that never should have happened and it's just devastating. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. My life has been threatened and I'll probably have to move out of town."

She sounds like she needs to move into the local mental health facility.

[quote name='SS4Brolly']Update!

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Radio station KOA-AM of Denver raised more than $1,900 from listeners Friday to pay the girls' $930.78 fine...

Cheers!

And thanks to the wonderful Google, a quick search of her name brings up this.

W. Young
(970) 259-0182
1206 Avenida Del Sol
Durango, CO

Could that be her? :twisted:[/quote]

She didn't pick up when I called, so prolly.

Meanwhile, Richard Ostergaard, father of Taylor, got a restraining order against Young's husband, Herb, in county court, claiming he continues to make harassing telephone calls to the Ostergaard residence.

Man, that couple just doesn't give up. I think everyone's angry because all of us have run into people like Wanita Young at one time or another.

bread's done
Back