Give us your FFXI Info & Other FFXI related

Name: Diiz
Server: Midgardsormr
City: San d'Oria
Linkshells: NewRevolution; TheCraft; RateDOWN
Jobs: [51]PLD, [35]WAR, [30]NIN, [25]THF, [12]RNG, [10]MNK
Craft: [80]Cooking

Currently leveling PLD again, and working on my Lu Shang's.

Server: Siren
Character Name: Ravenlock
Nation: Bastok
Currently in: Jueno
Race: Hume
Job: 43 Rng (The Van-Damage m45t3r),32 WAR,24 MNK,13 DRK,12 NIN, 11 THF,4 PLD
Linkshell: Darklove, BlackOps (Mission and Event usage only)

Working on Coffer keys now, lvling with my in game wife (Lvl 43 Mithra/NIN Gorgonite), Assisting with events and Garrision within the LS.

Should I worry? Now from what I gather... my shield will be used more often (skilling up... that is good) but now I will take damage when I block. So I would assume that it will average out... right?

My FFXI content ID is currently cancelled but I'm probably reactivating it at the beginning of March.

Server: Ramuh
Character Name: Gendv
Nation: Windurst
Race: Elvaan
Highest Jobs: PLD 61, WAR 34, THF 25
Top Crafts: 51 Cooking, 35 Fishing
Rank 5
Genkai 1-4 complete
Complete PLD AF

People whining about the new shield system...honestly I can't tell the difference. I did get 2 skill levels skill ups in my exp party...but I don't know....I don't see it as a huge deal.

People whining about getting interruption during spell casting...I mean shield blocks were random anyways. Interruptions happen all the time. Just got to time it. Whatever though, I see no diff.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']People whining about the new shield system...honestly I can't tell the difference. I did get 2 skill levels skill ups in my exp party...but I don't know....I don't see it as a huge deal.

People whining about getting interruption during spell casting...I mean shield blocks were random anyways. Interruptions happen all the time. Just got to time it. Whatever though, I see no diff.[/quote]

I was hoping to level my pld this weekend and see how the new system works... but hockey game tonight. Maybe late this night.

Server: Siren
Handle: Peloquin
Character Name: Peloquin
Nation: Windurst
Race: Taru
Main Job: WHM lvl 30
Starting Jobs: RDM lvl 10, BLM lvl 15
Advance Jobs: RNG lvl 10

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']People whining about the new shield system...honestly I can't tell the difference. I did get 2 skill levels skill ups in my exp party...but I don't know....I don't see it as a huge deal.

People whining about getting interruption during spell casting...I mean shield blocks were random anyways. Interruptions happen all the time. Just got to time it. Whatever though, I see no diff.[/quote]

heh being main healer sometimes i can manage to get hate pretty fast wen things go bad(heheh fast cast XD) anyway i generally parry and block those kinds of attacks pretty often...but after they new system they are totally worthless if it takes the pld too long to get hate i could be dead in 4 hits....and blocking twice in a row and still taking full damage is pretty damn useless and add interruptions to the mix, i might as well just throw away the damn shield, since for me at least its just another worthless piece of gear.
its happened to me were ive gotten hate we are all low on health the mob comes after me i block the hits and i still fing die...that sucks. Thank you SE your nerf wins again.

I ran into the worst thing ever last night, gil sellers. I was trying to do a quest in Ordelle Caves and they have this team of them camping all the NM Jelly spots. Well, I'm there trying to get the chest key and the bastards try to kill me.
1. They pull the NM close where I'm fighting so the AOE might hit me.
2. They put an elemental to sleep and left it beside me, since I'm a mage.
I reported their asses but I don't FFXI willl do anything. Never did find the chest. Got the key, will try again.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I ran into the worst thing ever last night, gil sellers. I was trying to do a quest in Ordelle Caves and they have this team of them camping all the NM Jelly spots. Well, I'm there trying to get the chest key and the bastards try to kill me.
1. They pull the NM close where I'm fighting so the AOE might hit me.
2. They put an elemental to sleep and left it beside me, since I'm a mage.
I reported their asses but I don't FFXI willl do anything. Never did find the chest. Got the key, will try again.[/quote]

Boy that sux! :evil: I wonder how realistic it would be to just have GM's cloacked in highly camped areas? This way violations could be dealt with and there would be a witness. Dunno... probally asking too much. Sorry that this had to happen to you.

Boy, tonight in Garuda server we had like a complete server d/c it was crazy... I came back and my character is dead... lovely. The pains I'm going through on trying to level blm up... lvl 7 currently.

Well, haven't done much really on FFXI. I'm stuck at PLD63, and really not doing much. My internet server works when it can...so I don't even bother making events or anything for the LS right now.

I tried lvling WAR a bit, but it's like a huge shortage of lvl 33-35 people to party with. Who knows I might just lvl one of my lower lvl jobs....or who knows.

Finally I got WAR to 37 >.> Now I think gonna take DRK to 20 and then all the 18 lvl jobs to 20.

So any thoughts on the update? I think the ballista arena and reserving it is pretty cool. I can get the whole LS into something like that and just fight between each others regardless of nation.

Not as much goodies as I would have liked. Another thing I liked about this update was the fact that now you can store equipment just like you can store your AF equipment. Of course it's only for complete sets and can't be HQ items which is a problem. I would have liked my bone+ gear to be saved...but we can't win them all.

So, anything you like?

Artifact armor that is quested starting at level 50. Looks similar to armor of the old school Final Fantasy games. I have the Paladin set of AF that's also in my sig.

I hate this update so freaking much....seriously do. At 77% of already in the installing part it froze up. Then I had to just shut it down....so my file got corrupted. Now I had to re-install FFXI and d/l each and all update since then.

I've been d/l the updates since noon and it's now 7 1/2 hrs later and I'm only at 35% done. >.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I saw a small Galka child type character running around (not NPC), he was almost the size of a Taru... is that possible?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a usable item called mochi that you can get from the current event. Changes you into a child of whatever race the mochi is of, theres Galka mochi, Tarutaru mochi, Elvaan mochi, and Hume mochi.

I finally decided to level my black mage from level 12 to 17 today so I can use warp now instead of switching to a low level job and deathwarping.

I made a thread but no one responded...

How do I stop paying but remain a member in case I want to start again one day? I cancelled my content IDs and the email they sent me says the IDs will last a year now that I've paid the outstanding dues. Their policy states that I have 3 months and then I lose both the Content ID and the Playonline account... what's the deal?

[quote name='GenDV138']Yeah, it's a usable item called mochi that you can get from the current event. Changes you into a child of whatever race the mochi is of, theres Galka mochi, Tarutaru mochi, Elvaan mochi, and Hume mochi.

I finally decided to level my black mage from level 12 to 17 today so I can use warp now instead of switching to a low level job and deathwarping.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I have loved having my blm up to 17 with warp. It's so freak'n useful, and I don't have to spend worry about scrolls of warp to often or blood porting!

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I made a thread but no one responded...

How do I stop paying but remain a member in case I want to start again one day? I cancelled my content IDs and the email they sent me says the IDs will last a year now that I've paid the outstanding dues. Their policy states that I have 3 months and then I lose both the Content ID and the Playonline account... what's the deal?[/QUOTE]

As long as you didn't delete your character and just the content ID you will have 3 months to come back to that old content ID and your characters. Otherwise they will be gone.

So, S-E's email campaign worked - I'm updating FFXI and renewed my content ID. I forget my information, other than being a lvl 20 RDM/10 Knight (though I may be wrong).

S-E is rather sneaky, though. They offer the free month for people who come back, *only* if you cancelled your playonline account. I did not, since I wasn't paying for it, I thus wasn't concerned for it.

So they got me back, and I don't get the free thirty days. What a crock!

I am, however, enticed by the e-mail noting (1) lower leveling up requirements, and (2) lower exp penalties for dying. How big is the difference?

myke.

I finally got a Network Adaptor today and am in the process of setting this up. I only have FFXI and non of the expansions. So if anyone wants to add me to their friends list and give me some guidance, as this is my first MMORPG, my username is Craven Fiend

If you have the US version of FFXI, you have the Rise of the Zilart expansion.

Speaking of which, anyone who knows where I can buy the import PC version of it (Girade no Genei), drop me a line.

myke.
...OCD, and it shows.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&page=2 just look around here for the exp changes or actually http://www.playonline.com/updateus/050421er1gb1.html that should help. It was the last major update.

Now, Craven which server you in. That would help also in helping you out. I'm in Diabolos, but I'm pretty much not playing until I get all my furnitire. I hope it will be by the end of the month. I may be on from time to time, but not as much as I used to (for now). After all, I pretty much used to live on the CAG boards until FFXI came out.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&page=2 just look around here for the exp changes or actually http://www.playonline.com/updateus/050421er1gb1.html that should help. It was the last major update.

Now, Craven which server you in. That would help also in helping you out. I'm in Diabolos, but I'm pretty much not playing until I get all my furnitire. I hope it will be by the end of the month. I may be on from time to time, but not as much as I used to (for now). After all, I pretty much used to live on the CAG boards until FFXI came out.[/QUOTE]

How do I tell what server I am on? I am still trying to get used to the game right now. I think its Leviathan, that is it Leviathan is a server.

Yes Leviathan is a server, best thing to do is type /smes and it will basically give you the welcome message and tell you what server you are in

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Yes Leviathan is a server, best thing to do is type /smes and it will basically give you the welcome message and tell you what server you are in[/QUOTE]

Alright cool, thanks for the help.. I am thinking about restarting and switching to another area, Bastok just isn't me.

[quote name='mykevermin']I am, however, enticed by the e-mail noting (1) lower leveling up requirements, and (2) lower exp penalties for dying. How big is the difference?
[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. FFXI became one of the most repetitive "power-levelling" games I've ever played. There's barely anything else to do. Maybe if the experience requirements were lower I'd consider going back.

EDIT: Oh D4rkewolfe, didn't notice your post. Only after level 51? Well they can forget about me. :X

[quote name='red flare graf']I'd like to know this as well. FFXI became one of the most repetitive "power-levelling" games I've ever played. There's barely anything else to do. Maybe if the experience requirements were lower I'd consider going back.

EDIT: Oh D4rkewolfe, didn't notice your post. Only after level 51? Well they can forget about me. :X[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you guys here...I would like to play FFXI again with my friends but we have just given it up because the leveling requirements are too rigorous. 6 man party needing to kill crabs and bunnies for days on end? WTF!?

And experience loss after death is just stupid. That should just be taken out completely...then people might notice more fun flowing back into the game, because people will be more willing to explore and try out new things without having the fear of death and deleveling hanging over thier head.

At this point in time I hope SE gets the hint and completely overhauls this game, then maybe me and my friends will come back. Until then, my mithra remains locked in her mog house while i'm out playing other, more fun games.

bread's done
Back