Gladiator & Braveheart Blu-Rays - $7.99 after rebates for DVD owners @ BBuy

Darthjer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yes, you have to buy both, and yes, you have to already own the DVDs, and yes, you have to mail in and wait for some rebates, but after all is said and done, you can get the new Braveheart & Gladiator Blu-Rays for $7.99 each at Best Buy thru 9/5 (Local taxes may apply).

$46 ($22.99 ea @ Best Buy)
-$10 ($10 off instantly if you buy the pair)
-$20 (Upgrade from DVD $10 rebate included in each Blu-Ray)
-------
$16 which is $8 each

I thought it's a pretty sweet deal.

[quote name='shrike4242']Does a TV that expensive come with a user's manual? If not, then I'd ask for your money back, since the last time I checked, my Sony KDL-52XBR6 does fill the screen if I want it to. So says the user manual. ;) [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it doesn't do it. I was surprised that it wasn't an option actually considering how expensive the TV was. At least I can take comfort in the fact that I didn't get as ripped off as you though buying a Sony XBR... :D

[quote name='bleak']Unfortunately, it doesn't do it. I was surprised that it wasn't an option actually considering how expensive the TV was. At least I can take comfort in the fact that I didn't get as ripped off as you though buying a Sony XBR... :D[/QUOTE]:lol:

Time to go replace your TV, then.

Oh, and don't worry about getting me getting ripped off with my XBR purchase. I didn't, since I bought it at the lowest price Amazon.com ever had for it, picked up a free Sony BDP-550 BR player with it, and $150 worth of cash-back rewards for the purchase. ;) And my TV fills the picture just fine.

God damn... I havent seen Braveheart until today...

I have to say this is the most visually stunning bluray I have seen, as well as some of the best cinematography ever. How have I missed out on this movie... ha, I guess I never watched it since I thought it was too long. Boy that was a mistake.

Also, Ive heard Gladiator has been getting shit reviews. Can someone confirm exactly how poor of a transfer it really is?

[quote name='sunnysky']. My 1800+ DVD's are actually all alphabetized and in Caselogic folders, tucked behind the closed doors of my entertainment center.
[/QUOTE]

How do those folders work? I'd think it would be a royal pain to keep alphabetized. Wouldn't you have to move a bunch of discs evertime you bought a new movie to make a slot for the new one in it's proper alphabetical spot?

I keep mine on two dvd racks--but I only have some where around 300-320 DVDs/BRs to make room for.

I've got rid of 10 or 15 recently, and haven't bought nearly as much the past few years and started relying on netflix more since I realized I was hardly ever watching anything on my shelf. I still seldom do as I'd generally prefer to watch something for the first time from Netflix than rewatch--so I really should trim the collection more.

[quote name='Steggy']God damn... I havent seen Braveheart until today...

I have to say this is the most visually stunning bluray I have seen, as well as some of the best cinematography ever. How have I missed out on this movie... ha, I guess I never watched it since I thought it was too long. Boy that was a mistake.

Also, Ive heard Gladiator has been getting shit reviews. Can someone confirm exactly how poor of a transfer it really is?[/QUOTE]Gladiator reviews:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=4735&show=review

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2524/gladiator.html

[quote name='dmaul1114']How do those folders work? I'd think it would be a royal pain to keep alphabetized. Wouldn't you have to move a bunch of discs evertime you bought a new movie to make a slot for the new one in it's proper alphabetical spot?[/QUOTE]

Two things.
First off, those are all Standard DVD's which I don't buy anymore, so I no longer add to the cases.
Secondly, when I would buy them, for every Page of inserts, I would leave one empty. Thus I would not need to shuffle much.

Guess that would work. Still would be a pain when you bought three or four movies that started with the same letter.

I considered it once, but I've slowed down my buying enough that I don't think space will every be an issue. Still need to pare down my DVD collection some. I have several listed on Goozex, but DVDs move pretty slow on there compared to Blu Rays.

bread's done
Back