Glimmerati n-gage review on gamespy

I've been following this game for a long time, and it looks really promising. I really dig how they are actually putting a lot of time into making a good story for a racing game.

[quote name='Quackzilla']The screen is taller than it is wide, how the hell do you play games on it besides Tetris?[/QUOTE]

Well considering Glimmerati is a top-down racing game, a vertical screen serves it better than a horizontal screen would.

Don't want to hijack the thread but considering this is an n-gage thread....

How is the n-gage QD as a phone? Looks like a cheap replacement for my other cell phone and I was thinking about getting one.

But the QD is cheaper and available new with a warranty from EB. If the QD blows, I'll just stick with my Nokia phone.

[quote name='Quackzilla']The screen is taller than it is wide, how the hell do you play games on it besides Tetris?[/QUOTE]

Its not a Sony product, so it much be bad, right Quackzilla?

[quote name='gizmogc']Its not a Sony product, so it much be bad, right Quackzilla?[/QUOTE]
Ngage is special in that EVERYONE hates it, even ngage fanboys (in secret, but they repress those feelings).

[quote name='Quackzilla']Ngage is special in that EVERYONE hates it, even ngage fanboys (in secret, but they repress those feelings).[/QUOTE]

threadcrap5zh.gif

Yes, thats it. We all hate it. The fact that N-Gage did everything the PSP could years before it came out means nothing. Seriously, leave. Go to the PS2/PSP forums and keep saying how awesome Sony is, and how Sony can never do anything wrong. Your comments are not welcome.

I wondered who did all of the great N-Gage reviews for Gamespy thanks for all of the hard work ViolentLee.

How many arcade games have vertical displays? I'm sure you could think of at least another one if you tried really hard.

[quote name='fire17']I wondered who did all of the great N-Gage reviews for Gamespy thanks for all of the hard work ViolentLee.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing, fire. I wish I had more time to review/preview stuff. Glad you enjoy my coverage.

It can be a problem with some games, like Crash Nitro Kart, but it isn't as big of a bother as you may think. I don't notice it in games like Tony Hawk, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, or King of Fighters. Developers just work their way around it, and the nice graphical power mean onscreen objects can be made smaller but still show up crisp. Strangely, there have been no official vertically scrolling shooters on the platform -- which would be perfect for the screen.

bread's done
Back