Glitch (web-based MMO)

Sinistar

CAGiversary!
Anyone playing this? Been playing for a week or so and it's a pretty fun little time killer. Its a weird little MMO from the creator of Katamari Damacy

Official site:
http://www.glitch.com/

Review of game:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/27/mmobility-glitch-makes-you-wish-you-were-as-cool-as-it-is/

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuDYhczbqEQ

I think registration is open to all, but there's a week waiting list or something I read on twitter, but I have some invites if anyone wants any

Cool. I just signed up and go in. I'll check it out and then add it to my list when I get a chance.

I asked for an invite on the 3rd and got it yesterday.

I didn't try that hard to think of a name, so I went with "Glitch E" if anyone wants to add me. I'll add you now, Sinistar.

I am enjoying this one as well. User Name: Azira
I think I may have played this a bit too much over the past few days though. ;-)

A heads up for anyone planning on selling their house to buy a different one:

Make sure you take everything out of storage before you sell it! The game won't do it for you and it doesn't give you any warning about it. I sold my house, bought a new one, then realized I still had stuff stored. I checked storage in my new house, but nothing was in there.

I was able to get my stuff back by selling the house I just bought and rebuying my old one (it was still in storage at the old place), but I lost about 4-5,000 of my currant that I spent in the process since houses only sell for 80% of what you bought them for. Lesson learned. Always take your stuff out of storage before selling your property.

^Haha. I actually bought my first house and wondered where two lips and cheese came from. Now I know it was the previous owner and not some welcoming gift. Thanks for the tip.

Great game. You can add me as Dude Bro.

[quote name='Miranda']A heads up for anyone planning on selling their house to buy a different one:

Make sure you take everything out of storage before you sell it! The game won't do it for you and it doesn't give you any warning about it. I sold my house, bought a new one, then realized I still had stuff stored. I checked storage in my new house, but nothing was in there.

I was able to get my stuff back by selling the house I just bought and rebuying my old one (it was still in storage at the old place), but I lost about 4-5,000 of my currant that I spent in the process since houses only sell for 80% of what you bought them for. Lesson learned. Always take your stuff out of storage before selling your property.[/QUOTE]

Or rent a U-Haul next time. XD

[quote name='Sinistar']Or rent a U-Haul next time. XD[/QUOTE]

I wish you could. I don't think I can fit everything I have in my pockets. I'll have to eat or sell most of my stockpile of food to pick up everything that's in my house.

I just moved. :)

I

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jonlubbe']How much was the new house?[/QUOTE]

15,000 currants. I saved enough for a 50k mansion, but then saw this available and got it instead. It has 2 less floors, 12 less crop garden plots, and no animal pen that a mansion has, but it has the same amount of storage, one extra tree patch, a neat looking video game theme and is 35k cheaper.

[quote name='Miranda']I wish you could. I don't think I can fit everything I have in my pockets. I'll have to eat or sell most of my stockpile of food to pick up everything that's in my house.

I just moved. :)

I

[quote name='Sinistar']Can you own more than one house?

And the It's Educational quest is annoying.. It says I have to go to a tower and find the mezzanine and talk to a robot or something but when I get to that tower, I cant find the floor, it's like a maze of doors and floors you have to go through.[/QUOTE]

You can't own more than one house, unfortunately. And there aren't any houses available that give you the ability to plant both crops and herbs. I want to be able to plant herbs and have an egg plant again. I guess I'll just wait around for whenever they offer house customization, which they've supposedly been planning to have since the early days of the game, but Tiny Speck also said not to expect that feature before 2012.

Is that quest in Jethimadh Tower? I was just there the other day. You need a key to access corridor 4, but I forget which key it is. I think I have the key, but I'll wait until that quest gets unlocked for me so I can get to the top of the tower.

The Notice the Unnoticeable quest was annoying for me. I wasted all that time finding 7 ghosts only to get a useless Faded Heart (plus whatever XP, etc you get for finishing the quest). You can't drop it and the only thing it lets you do is "remember" which will let you see a ghost again if it's on the street you're on. I left the heart in storage, but I might donate it to a shrine if I need the storage space. I wonder if I can put it up for auction.

bread's done
Back