Glory of Heracles (DS) $10.99 + $10 GC NEW at GameStop

Yep - at that price, I couldn't pass it up, even with mediocre reviews. Had to fire off an email though, because my UFC code wouldn't be recognized properly. Customer service should be able to figure it out.

Plus another $10 code for buying? I'll take that and add it to the pile....

I refused to bite at 12.99 because I couldn't get free shipping.

$4 for the game is much better than $6. That's 33% off! [Love these $10 coupons!]

Ok, I want to avoid having to pay for shipping on this thing - what would be the easiest way? Just combine it with something else and throw in 2D15 or SAVER?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Perhaps I'm stupid, but how do I get the $10 giftcard?[/QUOTE]

Check further down on Gamestop's product page:

Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Glory of Heracles. The $10 coupon code will be emailed when the order ships. Online Offer only. Not valid in stores or for in-store pick up customers.

[quote name='carlcarlson']Do they have time limits on their gift cards? I know Amazon credits need to be used by a certain date.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got one for ordering this a few days ago, but it doesn't expire until like 2013.

[quote name='carlcarlson']Do they have time limits on their gift cards? I know Amazon credits need to be used by a certain date.[/QUOTE]

The $20 Amazon GC I just received from Amazon for Red Dead Redemption doesn't expire. I know the MP3 and video promo credits I've received in the past do have an expiration date, though.

[quote name='rainking187']Yeah, I got one for ordering this a few days ago, but it doesn't expire until like 2013.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thank you. I'm sure I can manage to find something else to buy in the next two years.

I find myself in an odd position... I have no interest in this game, really. I don't even know that I'd heard of it before this thread... but I find myself strongly compelled to buy it JUST because it ends up only being a few dollars... but still... $4 spent on a game that I don't really want is $4 wasted, right?

I think I'm spending more energy playing the CAG game than actually playing games!

[quote name='bitzer']... but still... $4 spent on a game that I don't really want is $4 wasted, right?

[/QUOTE]
Nah. Go for it you only live twice:bouncy:

They've got so many gift card deals, I'm round-robining them, getting one and then using the code for the next. I combined this and Wario Land into one order to get Saver. Next order will be New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Hopefully 3D Dot Game Heroes will get back in stock.

Any codes to enter to lower the $10.99 online price? Or do I just buy it, get the gift card, and then take it to the retail store to return and re-buy.

[quote name='bitzer']I find myself in an odd position... I have no interest in this game, really. I don't even know that I'd heard of it before this thread... but I find myself strongly compelled to buy it JUST because it ends up only being a few dollars... but still... $4 spent on a game that I don't really want is $4 wasted, right?

I think I'm spending more energy playing the CAG game than actually playing games![/QUOTE]

Use it as trade bait for a game you want. Really, it's tough to pass up a newer, decent game at $4. As soon as I get one of my $10 codes, I'll definitely place an order.

just placed an order using a $10 coupon. It didn't go accept it as usual. I placed it anyway and will have to contact GS once again to credit me the $10. Man this is like the 3rd game I've had to do this for.

Seeing that I'm not even 20 yet and have a collection of around 350+ games (I honestly lost count), I'd say I'm definitely playing that game too. Whenever I get into a game, it seems like the next week I find another game that takes its place and never get around to finishing it.

[quote name='bitzer']I find myself in an odd position... I have no interest in this game, really. I don't even know that I'd heard of it before this thread... but I find myself strongly compelled to buy it JUST because it ends up only being a few dollars... but still... $4 spent on a game that I don't really want is $4 wasted, right?

I think I'm spending more energy playing the CAG game than actually playing games![/QUOTE]

Well I had a $10 code that actually worked. So $4.25 shipped and another $10 code for a game I've heard good things about? Thanks again CAG!

I can't get the coupon code from the UFC thing to work on this. Did anyone else?

Edit: I see what Gertle627 posted, but I still cant get my stupid code to work... Gah, I want this game :(

[quote name='Ness3']I can't get the coupon code from the UFC thing to work on this. Did anyone else?

Edit: I see what Gertle627 posted, but I still cant get my stupid code to work... Gah, I want this game :([/QUOTE]

I had 3 codes and only one of them gave me 10 bux off. The other 2 were coming up as 10% off. I contacted them about it and was told to place an order and send them an e-mail with the code and order confirmation number, then they would take the 10 dollars off. Just be sure not to place an order with a bunch of other coupon codes stacked in there because they might give you b.s. about it not being able to be used with any other offers.

[quote name='harperr']Amazon has matched the $10 credit. Just ordered one from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Same. If you have Prime and a credit from anther game, its a good Nintendo Published game for $.99. I don't care that I already have it, I'll take a second copy!

I've been debating this all day, especially since Amazon matched now, but man do those gameplay movies on YouTube look overwhelmingly boring. What am I missing?

[quote name='harperr']Amazon has matched the $10 credit. Just ordered one from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ordered from Amazon, great deal, love Prime! Thanks for updating it.

This is a no-brainer with Prime. My trial is over but I still bit. I hope the game is worth the CD purchase I wasn't planing on.

Amazon has matched the $10.99 price too, with the $10 credit to boost.

They are practically giving it away, especially so if you have an existing $10 credit and prime.

[quote name='eau']Amazon has matched the $10.99 price too, with the $10 credit to boost.

They are practically giving it away, especially so if you have an existing $10 credit and prime.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just saw it listed under the game.
Also $5 in mp3 credit. Sheesh!

EDIT: Hmm, it is odd that it doesn't mention the title by name...

Okay, I remember it telling me that I qualified for a promotional credit during the checkout, but in retrospect that might have been the mp3 credit. My account page says it won't ship until June first, but I'm a little worried now as well.

Thank you! Found out about this series a few years ago and even though this game doesn't look like anything special the deal is too good to pass up. I still have a Prime trial in effect from ordering RDR so I had to do it. Checkout confirmed I'll get a $10 code so it's almost like they're paying me to take the game lol.

Heh so one could order the game for $11, get $10 credit, and then trade it in on amazon for an additional $5 credit.

Under the assumption that the trade in value doesn't plummet, one could convert $11 to $15 amazon video game dollars with each copy of the game. Oh, and they could play the game too..

[quote name='Mysterio']Amazon matched the price, but not the $10 GC offer. If they add the GC, I'll snag it.[/QUOTE]

And purchased!

Damn, that Amazon credit AND only $10.99 is extremely tempting...but my backlog, I don't know if I should...plus I haven't touched any game since I got RDR. Man, these price wars are fierce for my wallet.

anyone know why an already existing $10 credit won't apply to this game? The only stipulation says my order must be over $10 which it is since the game is $10.99. I can't seem to get it to apply...

[quote name='Purkeynator']anyone know why an already existing $10 credit won't apply to this game? The only stipulation says my order must be over $10 which it is since the game is $10.99. I can't seem to get it to apply...[/QUOTE]

On Gamestop? Its because the $10.99 price is a "special" price so the $10 promotional codes won't work (at least that's the response I got from GS customer service).

I ordered this for $12.99 using a previous $10 coupon, and it dropped to $10.99 the same day. I am happy to say that after three rounds of e-mail back and forth I am finally being issued my $2 refund.
I feel a little lame about it, but hell, $2 is $2.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I didn't see it.

Will the Amazon credits stack? For example, if I use some of my $20 credit from SMG2, can I then use the remaining $9 from that and the $10 from Heracles on the same subsequent order?

Because if so, then there's literally no reason not to do this.

bread's done
Back