GMR Magazine Deals (May issue)

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
There are a bunch of coupons on 1 page and another page w/ 2 coupons.

One is you can upgrade your old PS system and 7 games for a used PS2 for 99.99
Get a Gameboy SP for 59.99 when you trade gameboy advance system and one gameboy advance game.

These above deals didn't impress me at all but on the next page...

Get $100 credit for a Gamecube system and 5 games
Get 25% off used Dvd movie or PC Games (Limit 3)
Free Primal w/ purchase of a NEW PS2
Save $40 off Syphon Filter: Omega Strain when you trade in 4 xbox, ps2, gc games.
Save $10 off of RE: outbreak when you buy the game and the network adapter
Painkiller for only 19.99 with the trade in of 1 ps2, xbox or gc game (Pretty good deal)
Get a $10 EB mail in voucher with the pre purchase of Mario vs. Donkey Kong
And finally $5 bonus trade-in credit on EACH PS2, xbox, or gamecube
games. (Limit 5, and Some titles excluded, but hopefully none of mine or yours either)

Ok they r not that impressive either, but Painkiller and bonus $5 on each game sounds like a good deal to me

There was the meniton of other games but you could get them cheaper elsewhere

I have a question about the games excluded from getting an extra $5--are they the same ones that were excluded on the trade 4 get 1 game free list?

That's what I was wondering too Strider Turbulence (I'll tell you guys my experience when I go on Friday or Saturday if someone else hasn't already done so by then and I'll ask about the exclusions). I'm trading The Suffering tomorrow to someone I know for Rainbow Six 3 and True Crime, then I was hoping to trade those two games into EB hoping I get $5 extra for each one and maybe, just maybe getting an extra %10 more with my EB card. (I doubt this but it doesn't hurt to try) Does anyone know the trade-in price for the two above mentioned games. I was assuming $25 each since that's what the online has it for. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm... I'll have to see about getting that copy of Painkiller. If I can pick up that issue of GMR for $5, I can trade in a copy of Alter Echo I have for X-Box and get Painkiller for $25 total including cost of the mag. Can someone scan the coupon, or does it say no copies?

Admiral Ackbar

Just wait ......they will have FLYER or Ebgames May Catalog for that :)

Also, if you wanted Pickup MGR magz why don't Spend extra $5 to subscribe for 10 Issue & get 10% off on Every USED Games !!!

[quote name='Masterkyo']Admiral Ackbar

Just wait ......they will have FLYER or Ebgames May Catalog for that :)

Also, if you wanted Pickup MGR magz why don't Spend extra $5 to subscribe for 10 Issue & get 10% off on Every USED Games !!![/quote]

Okay Cool. Thanks. I've never subscribed to the ebgames mags because I don't shop there that often and I mostly mby PC Games. Not Console.

I thought Spawn (and I-Ninja) were 19.99 at Best Buy which you could use the GGC on and get them to 14.99 which is why I left them out along with the $5 off the PS2 Dragon Ball Z game.

Well... I thought Onimusha 3 MSRP $39.99 but now show UP $49.99 (weird)

Also, They do have Trade in 3 GBA games for FREE games (Dragon ball: Super Sonic & Mario Golf)

Well.... I have 6 GBA games (pickup $2.49 Each Couple Months Ago) Now is Perfect time for TRADE-In for Free games ;)

Think i go ahead Pre-Order Mario & Donkey Kong Tomorrow. $30 - $10 Gift Voucher = $20 FREE Taxes with Pre-Order.

rodeojones903 is right you have to be buying pre-played merchandise. Didn't see this until you mentioned it, and now I don't know if I'm going to do this deal now cuz I wanted to pre-order and then pay off Psi-Ops and Sudeki.

Just did two of these deals at my local EB. Here's some info:

1) The $5 extra trade-in credit is pretty decent. You don't have to spend all the credit on a pre-owned game purchase. I was able to pick up a game for $16 and get the rest in store credit. SSX3 also doesn't qualify (extreme sports I guess). Can't comment on POX, since I traded in all recent games.

As a side note, the ebgames.com website offers much better trade-in credit, but it can be a hassle to mail the games to them. With the $5 extra credit per trade-in, it was basically the same deal.

2) The Mario vs. Donkey Kong deal is mega confusing. Basically, you need to present the GMR coupon, then they give you a mail-in voucher. Make sure you get the GMR coupon back though, since the voucher says it needs to be attached. Why, I have no idea, since you can't get the voucher unless you give them the coupon. I don't know if you can mail the voucher in before you get the game or not, but it expires mid-May.

Hope that's of some help.

I traded in a bunch of games today for Ninja Gaiden (brand new) and without a coupon still got the extra $5 for a game (except the two sports games I had). I guess it's a YMMV thing.

bread's done
Back