Go Hastings Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1

mediviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Use coupon code "Hastings" get 20% off used games and 10% off new. Bayonetta used for 33 bucks isnt too shabby. Sorry if this has already been posted, I didnt see it anywhere.

Mod Edit:

Deal has changed back to Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Promotion code Hastings has expired. Any new codes out there?[/QUOTE]
Well, they are doing the buy 2, get a 3rd for a $1 again, which doesn't require a code.

[quote name='Lucian']Well, they are doing the buy 2, get 1 for a $1 again, which doesn't require a code.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I wasnt clear, I was referring to the 10 and 20% off code, Hastings.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Sorry, I wasnt clear, I was referring to the 10 and 20% off code, Hastings.[/QUOTE]
I don't think there's a new code. Maybe after the buy 2 sale they'll have another 30/20/10 sale (which I preferred).

not a good deal for me. should be b2g1free. shipping kinda kills it and its hard to find games at prices i want to really take advantage if it.

THanks for updating the sale status op. In for GoW:Collection, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Arkham Asylum for about $78.xx shipped. Damn you hastings and your great used games deals!

Got DBZ: Raging Blast. R&C: ACIT, and LBP GPTY, some used, some previously viewed, and all were in excellent condition with cases, manuals, etc., no scratches or markings!!

[quote name='jubeininja69']not a good deal for me. should be b2g1free. shipping kinda kills it and its hard to find games at prices i want to really take advantage if it.[/QUOTE]
Unless this is sarcasm, the extra $1 kills it for you? K. :applause:

Not a bad deal, although I'm always a bit hesitant when ordering used games.

However, the sale prices on new copies of Wet (19.99) and Virtua Fighter 5 (14.99) are good deals.

Hastings code is expired. I will grab Wet anyways for 23 shipped. I loved the game when i played it fully at a friends. I enjoyed the hack and slash of it all.

Finally got my third game for the last B2G1. It turned out to be in great shape. I got all mine USED and all my games came complete with cases, artwork, manual, and discs all in good shape. I just had one broken case which could have been done in the mail...other than that, great deal.

Got 2/3 from my B2G1 for $1. The 3rd package didn't have a game in it...I suspect someone nicked it in transit. Hastings gave me a refund for the missing game, which was nice since it probably wasn't their fault. The other two were in great shape save some sticker residue on one of the discs.

I just wanted to chime in that I just received my first game (of 5 that I ordered). It was Assasins Creed 2. I bought a used copy but it appears I received a sealed new copy. Looking good so far. I'll report back on the other four I ordered once I receive them.

Thanks,
Bryan Abramson

Update 1/29: I received my four other games yesterday. All came in the original box with instructions and they appear to be in great condition.

Just got all three of the titles I ordered on the same day. Of the three (Bionic Commando, Eat Lead, and Genji 2), only Eat Lead wasn't in an original case.

Hmm, was thinking of buying from GoHastings, but reading through these responses it seems the quality of games/boxes/manual is up in the air. GameFly has spoiled me. Think I'll take a pass.
:/

Picked up used PS3 copies of Brutal Legend, Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 & Cabela's Outdoor Adventures along with the $19.99 Wet. $79 for the 4 games after shipping.

Will keep buying from them since every Blu-ray and PS3 title I've ever ordered has come practically brand new and complete.

Order 4 games last week. They all came in today.

The Simpsons (PS3) ($9) Complete- Disc was fine but the case was really beat up. B+
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) ($8) Complete - Everything was in great condition. A+
Infamous (PS3) ($17) Complete - Everything was in great condition. A+
Starwars Force Unleashed (PS3) ($10) - Everything was in great condition. A+

[quote name='DeilGyre']Hmm, was thinking of buying from GoHastings, but reading through these responses it seems the quality of games/boxes/manual is up in the air. GameFly has spoiled me. Think I'll take a pass.
:/[/QUOTE]

I had issues with both places and gohastings seems to be getting better and shipping working/complete games now. I know GF they sent me so many unplayable discs on that sale. I will not buy used games there anymore. But there CS is top notch and easy refunds.

[quote name='Squarehard']Curse you hastings, ended up picking up 18 PSP games since I just bought a PSP.

Total $89.77[/QUOTE]

your mailbox is gonna be stuffed full.

[quote name='jubeininja69']your mailbox is gonna be stuffed full.[/QUOTE]

I just made it even worse, its up to 21 games now @_@

and now im pretty much in debt into the next month with the PSP i bought today too.

Just more evidence that quality is a crapshoot. I recently ordered Supreme Commander Xbox 360 USED and received it yesterday. Standard black DVD case, the cover artwork was rental artwork, no manual, and the game disc was written on with black marker. That's some seriously crappy quality. But, the game wasn't scratched very much and plays flawlessly. I was just really hoping to at least get the manual for a game as complex as this one.

I have 1 more coming; hopefully that one is in better shape.

i bought 50+ movies, 12 PS2 games, and 3 PS3 games, all for about $160.

1 ps2 game was greatest hits.
1 ps3 game was greatest hits.
2 movies, the cases sucked (the old kind with the paper front cover).
1 movie, they sent the wrong one completely and refunded me.

the other 60 were great. everything has been surprisingly good, and definitely better than the crapshoot on ebay.

I picked up

GTA 4 Episodes from Liberty City : 23.26
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection : 12.31
Bioshock : 1.00

I hope they all come in good condition. I've never bought anything from gohastings before.

Got my last ps3 game last friday.
Saint's Row 2: looked brand new. Case and manual were included and in excellent condition. Game in great condition too.
Will probably buy from them again

I gorged on the 20% off deal for some used PSP titles (the prices were a good 30% or more below GameStop locally even after factoring in shipping). I've gotten about eight of my games so far and each of them came complete with manual and original box, and the manuals were in really good shape.

Total thumbs up for this deal if you are looking for used PSP games at great prices.

I lost out with them on a PSP game (Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror) and it was the earlier Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 deal. It was the dollar item and so I only received $2 dollars which I then used to get the steam Psychonauts for $2 dollars. I received a different game and they said they cannot do replace or returns only refunds.

A movie Batman: Gotham Knight (between the Batman Beginnings and The Dark Knight Arc) tells various tales of Batman through an anime-like storytelling. I received the DVD and I ordered the Bluray version. I bought it from Amazon for two dollars more after getting the refund and I was able to keep the DVD version. It was $8 dollars and this is $2 dollars more for the Bluray at Amazon so it is not that bad.

They are good for PSP games I did get God of War: Olympus, Resistance: Retribution, and a few other games for a good price than normal online/offline retailers. Overall they are a decent company. They really need to get their QC (quality control) better though.

[quote name='jubeininja69']what happens when your third game you get for $1 is out of stock?[/QUOTE]

1$ refund. If you call Customer Service and say you want to return the items because of this they email you a "receiver pays" envelope to return the two items. I think they refund the whole order, not sure yet.

I received shipping notices for my two full-priced games, but not the $1 one. I hope they don't stiff me on the discounted one.

[quote name='aeri']1$ refund. If you call Customer Service and say you want to return the items because of this they email you a "receiver pays" envelope to return the two items. I think they refund the whole order, not sure yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NAUjackfan']I received shipping notices for my two full-priced games, but not the $1 one. I hope they don't stiff me on the discounted one.[/QUOTE]

that's just totally wrong. the reason we brought those games is for the offer. if they don't refund the whole order i'm done with hastings.

[quote name='jubeininja69']that's just totally wrong. the reason we brought those games is for the offer. if they don't refund the whole order i'm done with hastings.[/QUOTE]

No no, you misunderstood. I'll explain thoroughly. I ordered Wild Arms 5, Last Remnant, and Infinite Undiscovery - Wild Arms 5 was the 1$ item and never shipped. Lets just assume this to make it easier. Wild Arms 5 = 9 Bucks, Last Remnant = 10, Infinite Undiscovery = 11, and shipping = 3 base + $1 for additional items.

Therefore my invoice was 11 + 10 + 1 (Wild Arms) + 5 + 1 + 1. That totals to 29.00.

Hastings billed me at that point for the total order price minus Wild Arms 5 and the $1 to ship Wild Arms. Therefore for Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery I got billed for 27. I called customer service asking for a refund and they sent me a .pdf with a return shipping address; it's not "prepaid," but you do not have to pay anything to mail it. Once Hastings receive it THEY pay for it.

I sent back the item and they have not issued the refund *yet,* but I have no reason to believe that they'll refund me for less than 27 bucks. If they do, I'll probably be refunded atleast 23 bucks. I'll argue it though, and I'm sure hastings will deliver. They have a VERY fair customer service.

[quote name='aeri']No no, you misunderstood. I'll explain thoroughly. I ordered Wild Arms 5, Last Remnant, and Infinite Undiscovery - Wild Arms 5 was the 1$ item and never shipped. Lets just assume this to make it easier. Wild Arms 5 = 9 Bucks, Last Remnant = 10, Infinite Undiscovery = 11, and shipping = 3 base + $1 for additional items.

Therefore my invoice was 11 + 10 + 1 (Wild Arms) + 5 + 1 + 1. That totals to 29.00.

Hastings billed me at that point for the total order price minus Wild Arms 5 and the $1 to ship Wild Arms. Therefore for Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery I got billed for 27. I called customer service asking for a refund and they sent me a .pdf with a return shipping address; it's not "prepaid," but you do not have to pay anything to mail it. Once Hastings receive it THEY pay for it.

I sent back the item and they have not issued the refund *yet,* but I have no reason to believe that they'll refund me for less than 27 bucks. If they do, I'll probably be refunded atleast 23 bucks. I'll argue it though, and I'm sure hastings will deliver. They have a VERY fair customer service.[/QUOTE]

who knows how long they refund you. it turns out i brought 6 items and 2 are now out of stock on my order. they should just cancel the whole order if an item is out of stock. they are in fact kinda screwing the customer.

[quote name='aeri']No no, you misunderstood. I'll explain thoroughly. I ordered Wild Arms 5, Last Remnant, and Infinite Undiscovery - Wild Arms 5 was the 1$ item and never shipped. Lets just assume this to make it easier. Wild Arms 5 = 9 Bucks, Last Remnant = 10, Infinite Undiscovery = 11, and shipping = 3 base + $1 for additional items.

I sent back the item and they have not issued the refund *yet,* but I have no reason to believe that they'll refund me for less than 27 bucks. If they do, I'll probably be refunded atleast 23 bucks. I'll argue it though, and I'm sure hastings will deliver. They have a VERY fair customer service.[/QUOTE]

Friend. You have your numbers totally confused. Some items dont ship all together you know.

oh yeah when you did your calculation you put "5" rather than "3" which is why you thought you were suppose to be charged 29 but really "IT IS" $27 (10+11+1 then shipping 3+1+1 Total = 27)

If Wild Arms was excluded than they would of charged you $25

[quote name='flop']Friend. You have your numbers totally confused. Some items dont ship all together you know.

oh yeah when you did your calculation you put "5" rather than "3" which is why you thought you were suppose to be charged 29 but really "IT IS" $27 (10+11+1 then shipping 3+1+1 Total = 27)

If Wild Arms was excluded than they would of charged you $25[/QUOTE]

Yes you are correct, I totaled shipping and then included additional shipping with that price. So let me correct myself.

Infinite = 11
Remnant = 10
Wild Arms = 9
Base Shipping = 3
Additional Shipping = 1 per additional item.

B2G1 for $1 promo makes Wild Arms $1

11 + 10 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 27

I got refunded for 2 because Wild Arms was canceled, thus for 11 + 10 + 3 + 1 = 25 I would receive Infinite and Remnant. Therefore, returning the two items I'd hope the full 25 returned, but I may only receive 11 + 10 in return. Thanks for catching that!

who knows how long they refund you. it turns out i brought 6 items and 2 are now out of stock on my order. they should just cancel the whole order if an item is out of stock. they are in fact kinda screwing the customer.

I agree 100%, but Hastings works kinda funny. I mean c'mon, 1 envelope per order? I've ordered probably 25+ games (11 in the last month ALONE) and not once did two come in the same envelope. Since they ship from different locations, I'd ASSUME it'd be easier for them to deal with customer support than it is for another entity to call all satellite stores before shipping out an order to ensure the items are all there. Honestly, the only cancellations I've ever had with Hastings were ones I kinda thought were "fishy" to begin with. Wild Arms 5 (Rare game all-together), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sealed (Fetches 40 bucks on amazon for a sealed copy), Suikoden Tactics Sealed (Back in the .79 cent days).

Also to update any other questions people MAY have about returning items. I received my Mass Effect 1 disc and it was scratched to hell. 360 gave me a read error. Called Hastings, got a refund, they told me to dispose of the item. Got the refund on my CC today for the full item price + 1 dollar shipping reimbursement. :) Cool thing is it was the platinum edition of ME and only the main disc didn't work. Bonus content = phr33!

EDIT: Just bought Gitaroo Man and Black Sigil for 19.xx :D If Guitaroo man ships I can sell my incomplete copy and pay for the whole order.

I got my third game from hastings yesterday. Thankfully it was complete, but the case will have to be replaced. So, 2 out of 3 games I ordered were complete and in what I would rank 'good' condition. The other was basically just the disc only and in 'poor' condition. I don't really regret trying this out, but I'll be sticking to GameFly in the future.

Thank you OP and the CAG community in general for once again saving me money.

Just got for PS3: Beatles Rock Band, Singstar Mic/Game, Singstar Queen all for about $62 shipped. Not too bad.

bread's done
Back