Go Hastings Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1

mediviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Use coupon code "Hastings" get 20% off used games and 10% off new. Bayonetta used for 33 bucks isnt too shabby. Sorry if this has already been posted, I didnt see it anywhere.

Mod Edit:

Deal has changed back to Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my first game from B2G1 for $1. The game came complete and everything is in like new condition. The disc looks pretty new. Thanks hastings!

Dawn of Discovery DS for 11 something, down 20%, and they canceled it on me.... well go figure, it's a brand new game.

anyways, look now and they want $26.... meh.

I have been a big fan of gamefly but there ps3 selection has been completely dry lately so I tried gohastings. My order:

Red Faction: Guerrilla Used - PlayStation 3 $21.75
Infamous Previously Viewed - PlayStation 3 $22.78
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Previously Viewed - PlayStation 3 $1.00Discount: 1 for $1 each

Merchandise:$45.53
Tax: $3.53
Shipping/Handling:$4.99
Total:$54.05

Hopefully I don't get gipped out of my $1 game. Thx OP

[quote name='aeri']Yes you are correct, I totaled shipping and then included additional shipping with that price. So let me correct myself.

Infinite = 11
Remnant = 10
Wild Arms = 9
Base Shipping = 3
Additional Shipping = 1 per additional item.

B2G1 for $1 promo makes Wild Arms $1

11 + 10 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 27

I got refunded for 2 because Wild Arms was canceled, thus for 11 + 10 + 3 + 1 = 25 I would receive Infinite and Remnant. Therefore, returning the two items I'd hope the full 25 returned, but I may only receive 11 + 10 in return. Thanks for catching that!

I agree 100%, but Hastings works kinda funny. I mean c'mon, 1 envelope per order? I've ordered probably 25+ games (11 in the last month ALONE) and not once did two come in the same envelope. Since they ship from different locations, I'd ASSUME it'd be easier for them to deal with customer support than it is for another entity to call all satellite stores before shipping out an order to ensure the items are all there. Honestly, the only cancellations I've ever had with Hastings were ones I kinda thought were "fishy" to begin with. Wild Arms 5 (Rare game all-together), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sealed (Fetches 40 bucks on amazon for a sealed copy), Suikoden Tactics Sealed (Back in the .79 cent days).

Also to update any other questions people MAY have about returning items. I received my Mass Effect 1 disc and it was scratched to hell. 360 gave me a read error. Called Hastings, got a refund, they told me to dispose of the item. Got the refund on my CC today for the full item price + 1 dollar shipping reimbursement. :) Cool thing is it was the platinum edition of ME and only the main disc didn't work. Bonus content = phr33!

EDIT: Just bought Gitaroo Man and Black Sigil for 19.xx :D If Guitaroo man ships I can sell my incomplete copy and pay for the whole order.[/QUOTE]

Wierd they told me to return the wrong items/unplayable ones. That was over a month ago and still no refund. I got to find time to call them. Well i got time but i hate calling CS with my free time. :)

Any of you tried calling Hastings customer service recently? One of my games was shipped a week back, but I haven't received it till now. For the past two days I am trying to contact then but the voicemail says that the office is closed.

Got my games today from Go Hastings (all shipped in seperate packaging), all for PS3.

Dead Space looks brand new, Farcry 2 looks brand new but has some traces of some powder on it. Maybe the previous owner loved the nose candy but otherwise took care of the game? Devil May Cry 4 disc/manual was excellent, but case had some scuffmarks and looked like the front was cut (though it did not completely go through, artwork is fine).

I heart gohastings and the prices, just ordered 6 more games.

Nice, a copy of Mana Khemia 2 used I was allowed to add in my cart during the last 20% sale, even though it said it was Sold Out, shipped so I'm getting the game used for 9.99 +S/T. Hoping it comes complete but I'll take the game alone at that price.

Has anybody seen the 2 games for $50 promotion under the promotions tab? It doesnt seem to work, tried it with uncharted 2 and LBG. Came out regular price.

[quote name='nbalive2005']Has anybody seen the 2 games for $50 promotion under the promotions tab? It doesnt seem to work, tried it with uncharted 2 and LBG. Came out regular price.[/QUOTE]

I looked at the ad online, and it looks like games that a regularly 29.99. More than likely it is a Platinum/Greatest Hits sale.

[quote name='nbalive2005']Has anybody seen the 2 games for $50 promotion under the promotions tab? It doesnt seem to work, tried it with uncharted 2 and LBG. Came out regular price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried it too because some of the games there are just too good to pass up at $25 each. I went all the way to the final page before checkout and still no dice. I guess we can try arguing with customer service....

Verdict from most of my graphic novel purchases:

Both hardcovers were in great condition, one was even still shrinkwrapped. The paperbacks were in good interior quality but the bindings on a few of them got bent/smashed-in in a couple places. Still waiting for 2 other hardcovers and 2 other paperbacks.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']Verdict from most of my graphic novel purchases:

Both hardcovers were in great condition, one was even still shrinkwrapped. The paperbacks were in good interior quality but the bindings on a few of them got bent/smashed-in in a couple places. Still waiting for 2 other hardcovers and 2 other paperbacks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Since we're all talking about and figuring out refunds, I have a question. I am not worried or anything, because I just placed my order yesterday, but I ordered 3 games, and 2 shipped already: The most expensive one and the $1 one. So if the middle priced one ends up getting canceled due to stock issues, do they refund me the total for that game, which was $20.88 plus tax/shipping for that item? Or do they take an average total and refund me, or will they refund me $1 even though that wasn't the $1 game? I am sure the third game will ship, it seems to be in stock (they have it listed for sale on Amazon too), but I am just curious how they work.

I purchased the Demon Souls Collectors Deluxe edition from Gohastings a couple weeks ago (stated in "very good" used condition), received it and it is missing the soundtrack and the box is in bad shape. I almost didnt want to touch it it looked so nasty. I plan to return it, but purchased through amazon marketplace and there was no receipt in the package it came with.

Anyone else here go through amazon marketplace deal with gohastings before and make a return? Ive emailed them twice since last thursday but no response yet. Almost thought about just selling it on E-bay but would probably get less money than what I paid.

Anybody know how often they do this? 2 weeks ago they had the same deal, then they went into a 20% off thing last week. would it be safe to assume that in 2 weeks this deal will resurface?

[quote name='nbalive2005']Anybody know how often they do this? 2 weeks ago they had the same deal, then they went into a 20% off thing last week. would it be safe to assume that in 2 weeks this deal will resurface?[/QUOTE]

The last b2g1 lasted about a month (iirc), but it was during holiday season so that might be why.

[quote name='mightymek']Since we're all talking about and figuring out refunds, I have a question. I am not worried or anything, because I just placed my order yesterday, but I ordered 3 games, and 2 shipped already: The most expensive one and the $1 one. So if the middle priced one ends up getting canceled due to stock issues, do they refund me the total for that game, which was $20.88 plus tax/shipping for that item? Or do they take an average total and refund me, or will they refund me $1 even though that wasn't the $1 game? I am sure the third game will ship, it seems to be in stock (they have it listed for sale on Amazon too), but I am just curious how they work.[/QUOTE]

You'll receive the full price of the game back + 1 dollar shipping.

still says buy 2 get 1 for 1.00 but when i add 3 games it makes me add a 4th title for the 1.00

Now if i can get the 3rd one for a buck not a bad deal here

Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans

LEGO Battles
MySims Kingdom

all ds for

33.23 before tax i would pay 10 each for these but its making me add a 4th game to get the buck game

Received the batch of games from the buy 2 one for $1 deal. The condition for these three aren't as great as the first batch of games I received.

- Ninety-Nine Nights - EB stickers, sticky stuff on the case.
- Farcry Predator Instincts - Some brown sticker residue
- Crackdown - the artwork looks weird

Good condition overall. Just didn't like the sticky stuff on the cases. =/

[quote name='slidecage']still says buy 2 get 1 for 1.00 but when i add 3 games it makes me add a 4th title for the 1.00
[/QUOTE]

Are all 4 used copies? If there's a new one mixed in, that's the problem. Otherwise, maybe one of them is just not eligible.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']I purchased the Demon Souls Collectors Deluxe edition from Gohastings a couple weeks ago (stated in "very good" used condition), received it and it is missing the soundtrack and the box is in bad shape. I almost didnt want to touch it it looked so nasty. I plan to return it, but purchased through amazon marketplace and there was no receipt in the package it came with.

Anyone else here go through amazon marketplace deal with gohastings before and make a return? Ive emailed them twice since last thursday but no response yet. Almost thought about just selling it on E-bay but would probably get less money than what I paid.[/QUOTE]

This is good news for you if you bought it through amazon like i did in the last few years they refund and let you keep the item even at a higher rate. :) You are way more protected on amazon then going through gohastings but the buy 2 get 1 for $1 does not work on amazon or the % off coupons.

The person asking if they charge even if a game comes in the past i got billed and after a month of lies from them i had to turn to my bank for $80+ refunds. I never thought i hate a place more then gamestop but these deals they do are amazing.

If they cancel the $1 item and still shows instock they lie and say it is not. I tested this theory and made a 2nd account and ordered it right away and it came. I think they love canceling those $1 the most cause it saves them $$. If they cancel say 15% they profit some nice cash even if 5%.

The deals are to good to pass up but the CS for me was all bad. I never got an item then i did not have to return to unless on amazon.

Deals A+
CS F-

My opinions/ratings.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']This is good news for you if you bought it through amazon like i did in the last few years they refund and let you keep the item even at a higher rate. :) You are way more protected on amazon then going through gohastings but the buy 2 get 1 for $1 does not work on amazon or the % off coupons.

The person asking if they charge even if a game comes in the past i got billed and after a month of lies from them i had to turn to my bank for $80+ refunds. I never thought i hate a place more then gamestop but these deals they do are amazing.

If they cancel the $1 item and still shows instock they lie and say it is not. I tested this theory and made a 2nd account and ordered it right away and it came. I think they love canceling those $1 the most cause it saves them $$. If they cancel say 15% they profit some nice cash even if 5%.

The deals are to good to pass up but the CS for me was all bad. I never got an item then i did not have to return to unless on amazon.
[/QUOTE]

Huh? What? :whistle2:k

I give up. What's the answer to the riddle?

I did the B2G1 for $1 with MGS4, Infamous, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

All the games were in mint condition.

The only very minor complaint is that the Uncharted box was a little beat up, but other than that the box art and the manuals for all three games were in great condition.

I will definitely order from Hastings again.

SHWEET, I'm glad I didn't bite on Dragon Age and Darksiders when they were listed in the $40's. They even have Tales of Vesperia used now too.

Ordered:
Dragon Age $31+
Darksiders $36+
Tales of Vesperia $23+ = $1

Hopefully the first two comes in great shape since they're fairly new.

Received my 4 360 games from the 20% off sale.

- Lost Odyssey, complete and mint.
- Eternal Sonata, complete and mint.
- Farcry Instincts Predator, ordered used, but came new and sealed.
- Far Cry 2, no manual but case and disc mint.

Dragon Age for PS3 is down to 28.48. Picked up 2 of those (one for a friend) and Super Paper Mario for 68.37 shipped. Hastings has gotten so much money from me in the last 2 months.

Whats the difference between Used and Previously Viewed? is the Buy 2 get 1 for $1 only for used games or previously viewed games?

^ Not sure about the first question though I've seen people say it's best to get used. The second question is it's for both.

[quote name='vinht426']Whats the difference between Used and Previously Viewed? is the Buy 2 get 1 for $1 only for used games or previously viewed games?[/QUOTE]

Used are trade ins. Previously Viewed is ex rental stock. The assumption is that used is more likely to come complete, but there's no guarantee. Previously viewed is still technically a "used" disc, so the sale applies to both.

Thanks for the help guys! Im going to change my "previously viewed" to used now. *fingers cross for good condition games* I am going to order Ratchet a Crack in Time, Bayonetta.. and debating amomg inFamous, Batman Arkham Asylum and Killzone 2.. what do you guys think? (going for all ps3 games here)

Got Infamous, Prototype, and Sacred 2 from their last one. All three were flawless. The only problem was one case itself was a bit scuffed, and Sacred 2 smelled like they farted on it. Great shipping times. All of them were used.

They're one of the few retailers getting my cash and not my credit. Damn them for not having a store near me.

So I bought 2 CoD: MW2's and Blazblue for the 360. Got one MW2 for my brother and the other because of the trade in value to gazelle.

They sent me the Limited Edition version of Blazblue, but one of the MW2's was cracked. How's the returning work on games bought in the buy 2 get 1? They pick one of my MW2's and say that the cracked one was the $1? and refund that?

[quote name='vinht426']Thanks for the help guys! Im going to change my "previously viewed" to used now. *fingers cross for good condition games* I am going to order Ratchet a Crack in Time, Bayonetta.. and debating amomg inFamous, Batman Arkham Asylum and Killzone 2.. what do you guys think? (going for all ps3 games here)[/QUOTE]

Batman is an amazing game.....

[quote name='nekromantix']So I bought 2 CoD: MW2's and Blazblue for the 360. Got one MW2 for my brother and the other because of the trade in value to gazelle.

They sent me the Limited Edition version of Blazblue, but one of the MW2's was cracked. How's the returning work on games bought in the buy 2 get 1? They pick one of my MW2's and say that the cracked one was the $1? and refund that?[/QUOTE]

Call them, they will have you keep the mw2 and send you out another copy. They are really good with returns.

[quote name='mediviper']Call them, they will have you keep the mw2 and send you out another copy. They are really good with returns.[/QUOTE]

Yeah was just trying to get a feel what others experiences has been before I called. That was quick and easy. Issued a refund on the cracked one and I get to keep it. Said they don't have any replacements for MW2. Blaz Blue Limited Edition, MW2, cracked MW2 for $48.72 :)

Had no problem entertaining the thought of just returning it all until I saw they sent me the LE Blazblue.

Glad this worked out. yay...

Get a free replacement case for the black dvd case Fallout 3 I purchased on eBay I guess.

I got my three I ordered (2 yesterday, 1 today, all different packages). My Beatles Rock Band and Infamous all came complete and like new. My GTA: Episodes from Liberty City came complete, but it was previously viewed, not used like I ordered (it had a rental sticker around the ring). The disc has some scratches, but they don't look too bad, so I am sure it will play all the way through. All in all, I am pleased and will buy from them again!

I just jumped on this one again; went for Ratchet & Clank:ACiT (at last!), Batman:AA (finally!), and Magnacarta 2 (don't laugh).

In December I picked up Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed II and Uncharted 2. All arrived within a week, even amid the end-of-year shipping crunch, and all were in like-new condition. I was very satisfied the first time around (well, with the deal, not with Dragon Age); hoping this order will confirm that the first time was not a fluke.

Got 3 games for $55 shipped.

2 arrived today:

GTA Eps from LC - Brand new, still in plastic wrap. (I could have sworn I ordered it used)

Left 4 Dead - Not new but it may as well be. Disc, case, manual in perfect shape.

The 3rd, Oblivion GOTY, has yet to arrive but it should be here soon.

Very pleased so far with this company.

[quote name='vinht426']Whats the difference between Used and Previously Viewed? is the Buy 2 get 1 for $1 only for used games or previously viewed games?[/QUOTE]

My take on this is:

People may be more inclined to take greater care in handling something that they own as opposed to something that they are borrowing.

Thus, a trade-in game should, in theory, be in better condition than a game that was rented to an unknown number of people who may or may not take care of game discs.

I have ordered from them about 6 times and about 75% of the game comes with the instructions, all have the case.

bread's done
Back