Go hastings PS2 games Really are ALL 4.99 now!!! Go Go Go

Thanks got Dark Cloud 2, Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2, .hack Reminisce, and Shadow Hearts Covenant. What else should I be looking for? Anything good in stock?

Any game is basically $7.27 with shipping. For anyone that doesnt know they charge 2.28 shipping on each game.

All the ps2 games are getting remade into HD collections it seems, so what's the point (well, I guess they're cheaper for now)?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Thanks got Dark Cloud 2, Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2, .hack Reminisce, and Shadow Hearts Covenant. What else should I be looking for? Anything good in stock?

Any game is basically $7.27 with shipping. For anyone that doesnt know they charge 2.28 shipping on each game.[/QUOTE]

Grandia II III and extreme are nice, also Last i looked the xenosaga 1 and 2 were on sale as well as disgaea 2.

I happend to be looking at the games and they literally changed from the higher prices to 4.99 as i was looking at them. I picked up most of the rarer titles i could. Jurassic park OG. .hack quarantine, digital devil saga, magna carta, suikoden V and haunting grounds. I DID NOT order more than 1 copy of any game tho, but i assume for a lot of the games they only had 1 copy available. Sorry to those who missed out. But there was still quite a few good games available, last time i checked

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']All the ps2 games are getting remade into HD collections it seems, so what's the point (well, I guess they're cheaper for now)?[/QUOTE]
I dunno the ones I got all go for over $20 each still. If nothing else I'll sell them.

[quote name='grimhope']Grandia II III and extreme are nice, also Last i looked the xenosaga 1 and 2 were on sale as well as disgaea 2.

I happend to be looking at the games and they literally changed from the higher prices to 4.99 as i was looking at them. I picked up most of the rarer titles i could. Jurassic park OG. .hack quarantine, digital devil saga, magna carta, suikoden V and haunting grounds. I DID NOT order more than 1 copy of any game tho, but i assume for a lot of the games they only had 1 copy available. Sorry to those who missed out. But there was still quite a few good games available, last time i checked[/QUOTE]
Bah someone got Grandia 3 about the time I was checking out I guess. Looked like a cool one, Oh well. Thanks.

They are going to hate me, hopefully they decide to put it all in 1 shipment.

Have 4 orders now as some stuff keeps going in and out of stock.

[quote name='Sendoh']do most of their games come w.o manual and cover?[/QUOTE]

Ive ordered more than 50 games from them over the past few years and Id say about 80% came complete. Still these are older titles but I think you have a good chance with most of them

thx op, got in right when you post. I made several orders with 2x Suikodens, a couple of Shin Megami games, 2x Dark Cloud II, 2x Shadow Hearts, 2 or 3 of those dot hack games, and like 3 Shining Force games. Hopefully most of them ship.

I will sell them all on ebay for a profit, thanks op! If anyone wants one, please send me a PM, I'll sell it to you but for a price :cool:

Now to continue finding the profitable ones hehe

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']thx op, got in right when you post. I made several orders with 2x Suikodens, a couple of Shin Megami games, 2x Dark Cloud II, 2x Shadow Hearts, 2 or 3 of those dot hack games, and like 3 Shining Force games. Hopefully most of them ship.

I will sell them all on ebay for a profit, thanks op! If anyone wants one, please send me a PM, I'll sell it to you but for a price :cool:

Now to continue finding the profitable ones hehe[/QUOTE]
So this roughly translates to please never post deals here because someone will come along and try to ruin it for everyone.

Honestly, if you're going to do this why bother to post it other than to let everyone know you're ruining it for them? While I understand it, you could at least let people think there was just a few in stock, not that a few pricks came along and snatched up the best games to resell.

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']thx op, got in right when you post. I made several orders with 2x Suikodens, a couple of Shin Megami games, 2x Dark Cloud II, 2x Shadow Hearts, 2 or 3 of those dot hack games, and like 3 Shining Force games. Hopefully most of them ship.

Now to continue finding the profitable ones hehe[/QUOTE]

you're so cool man

I purchased Grandia III, among some others.

But it was cancelled an hour later. Cry. But come on, Silent Hill: Origins and Dragon Quest!

Shipping is a real deal killer once you start getting past 4 or 5 games. Geez, a Priority flat rate box is $10 and change and you can fit a ton of games in there. I'm still getting some, but I've removed a few "Sure, why not" purchases.

I hope the bundles actually are bundles. Beatmania says it is the bundle (I got the last one or perhaps the only one in stock).

They have a few other games that are listed as bundles, so that makes the shipping a pretty good deal if they actually are.

darn, missed out on most of the more expensive/harder to find titles!! Did manage to pick up phantasy star universe... does that require an online component to play or is there an offline campaign? I'm mostly interested in the offline only.

[quote name='shivan128']darn, missed out on most of the more expensive/harder to find titles!! Did manage to pick up phantasy star universe... does that require an online component to play or is there an offline campaign? I'm mostly interested in the offline only.[/QUOTE]

There's a single player story mode.

Well Everything's out of stock that I wanted. Oh well. Thanks to the dick face who bought up everything and then had the nerve to post about it. I wonder if he realised how much of a douche he looked like posting that. Congrats to the people who bought games to actually play them! I hope we see a .hack HD collection soon!

Picked about 20 items for my collection before I was forced to stop due to shipping. These guys suck, but they have better selection than Gamestop.

[quote name='KtMack23']Well Everything's out of stock that I wanted. Oh well. Thanks to the dick face who bought up everything and then had the nerve to post about it. I wonder if he realised how much of a douche he looked like posting that. Congrats to the people who bought games to actually play them! I hope we see a .hack HD collection soon![/QUOTE]

There wasn't anything unreasonable in that post, you are just upset that you missed out on the games. :D Good for him for being on the site when the price change happened!

I, however, missed everything. Oh well.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I usually have very good luck with Hastings in this area, but I'd be pretty wary of all these old PS2 games coming complete.[/QUOTE]

Hell after my last purchase I'm worried that they'll actually be playable. Nothing like deep deep scratches to make your game not work.. at all.

But I'm used to "non-complete" versions. Any that actually come would be a bonus.

Bought:
Mortal Kombat Kollection
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Burnout Dominator
Sonic Mega Collection
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Heroes
LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Resident Evil: Outbreak -- File #2
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
KOF: Maximum Impact
McFarlane's Evil Prophecy
Silpheed: The Lost Planet
Warriors of Might and Magic
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives, Vol. 2
World Heroes Anthology
Baroque
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Drakengard 2

Looks like I'm a little late to the party, but I was able to grab a copy of Predator: Concrete Jungle just moments ago so who knows what they still have in stock.

I've bought alot of PS2 games from gohastings, probably around 30+. They are usually in pretty good condition but I have received a few duds that were buffed but would not play. When that happens I've always just emailed them and they reimbursed me no questions asked. I don't think I've ever got a game that didn't have atleast cover art and they almost always have the booklets too.

[quote name='KrAzY3']I hope the bundles actually are bundles. Beatmania says it is the bundle (I got the last one or perhaps the only one in stock).

They have a few other games that are listed as bundles, so that makes the shipping a pretty good deal if they actually are.[/QUOTE]

I literally saw your post then went straight there to check. They had it in stock! I ordered a Beatmania bundle right away. We'll see if it ships because after I was done it was out again.

Wow... everything's gone. Going by the replies, did they even have anything good in stock before this sale went live..?

Gohastings doesn't have a giant warehouse with all their stock, they send stuff from the different stores. So if you order 5 games, you might get 5 packages sent from different places. That's why the shipping cost is set up like that.

[quote name='Gosha']Just got two items I ordered cancelled... Silent Hill Origins and the second Fullmetal Alchemist game. Not too bummed about it though. Hoping the rest of my order ships.

I'm kind of surprise no one has snatched up Devil Kings...

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Devil-Kings/sku/194271732.uts

If you like Sengoku Basara, I believe its the first one.[/QUOTE]

I saw a lot of good RPGs still available as of a couple hours ago but most of us already have those (Dark Cloud, SMT, .hack, Xenosaga, etc) and don't want to try our hands at flipping what most likely could be disc only.

[quote name='myka22']Gohastings doesn't have a giant warehouse with all their stock, they send stuff from the different stores. So if you order 5 games, you might get 5 packages sent from different places. That's why the shipping cost is set up like that.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Every store's inventory runs through the site. If an item is canceled, it means that the employees in the store couldn't find the item in the store (or it's defective).

[quote name='Scorch']Yep. Every store's inventory runs through the site. If an item is canceled, it means that the employees in the store couldn't find the item in the store (or it's defective).[/QUOTE]

Seems like a really poor way to do things.

Just because of the difference of quality between one store and other. Most store employees truly do not give a crap about games.

In theory though it's not that bad, but not a great way to buy 20+ games.

Am I the only one for whom no PS2 game page loads? No matter what game I click, I get the "Not Found" page.

I hate how randomly this happened; I was looking forward to finally snagging SH4: The Room and most (if not all) of the original .hack titles back when this sale was supposed to go active... *sigh*

[quote name='Vigilante']Am I the only one for whom no PS2 game page loads? No matter what game I click, I get the "Not Found" page.

I hate how randomly this happened; I was looking forward to finally snagging SH4: The Room and most (if not all) of the original .hack titles back when this sale was supposed to go active... *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I'm getting this too. If you hover the mouse over a game's cover image a green "quickview" button pops up. click on that and a window opens and you can still add games to your cart.

[quote name='NeatNeatNeat']I'm getting this too. If you hover the mouse over a game's cover image a green "quickview" button pops up. click on that and a window opens and you can still add games to your cart.[/QUOTE]Thanks--as expected, everything that interested me is out of stock. :headache:

Did Gohastings give any form of warning before everything else dropped, on Facebook or otherwise?

That's rather frustrating.

First they say all PS2 games will be $4.99...except they're actually not. So I stop paying attention. And then suddenly, HEY!, they actually are $4.99 now. Except now they're all out of stock. LAWL.

[quote name='Blank Earth']That's rather frustrating.

First they say all PS2 games will be $4.99...except they're actually not. So I stop paying attention. And then suddenly, HEY!, they actually are $4.99 now. Except now they're all out of stock. LAWL.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe you checked as they were dropping the prices.

[quote name='Booj']Seems like a really poor way to do things.

Just because of the difference of quality between one store and other. Most store employees truly do not give a crap about games.

In theory though it's not that bad, but not a great way to buy 20+ games.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a great way to do things. Have you ever looked for rare games on Gamestop.com and seen that the closest copy to you is 350 miles away? Feel like taking a drive? As for quality, you think that at a warehouse they look through all the discs and send you the nicest looking one? lol...suuuuure.

Pretty ridiculous that at $4.99 a game, you're going to bitch about a $2 shipping charge. What games are you buying? Madden 2004? The game is either worth $7.27 to you or it's not. Who cares what percentage of that cost is considered "shipping"?

I wouldn't have minded paying the $2ish shipping if that meant getting SMT: Nocturne and DDS for less than $20... Sad that everything good is out of stock! Do they come back in stock usually?

bread's done
Back