Go Seahawks!

y2kenjination

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I understand that there's already a football thread in the lifestyle forum, but I thought us fellow NWer's should celebrate. I've been a diehard Seahawks fan ever since I was a kid, so it's great to see them make it into the Super Bowl for the very first time. Definitely my happiest moment in Seattle sports history.

But what's with all this Seattle hate? Everyone's been doubting us ever since the playoffs started. They said the Panthers would win, but look what happened. When the Panthers got by Chicago's #1 defense, everyone gave them praise. But after Seattle obliberated the Panthers? ABSOLUTELY no respect...even after they won, people are already saying that the Steelers are going to win.

Anyhow, screw them...let's prove them all wrong. Seahawks all the way baby!

[quote name='killswitch64']Waaaaaaa[/QUOTE]

I'm not even a Seahawks fan. However, I am smart enough to know when a game is unfair. All I wanted was a fair game; I didn't see one.

Of course, Everyone is a Steeler's fan now.

Not me and I agree with Madden. I'm still scratching my head.

Now if the push call wasn't called and he made that touch-down and the Steelers still won then I think that's fair, however that call was BS and everyone knows it.

Sorry guys but the Steelers won the game. I am a huge Bengals fan (and I still claim the hit on Palmer was cheap), but the Steelers clearly owned the Seahawks tonight. As much as I hate them, atleast Bettis finally got his ring. It almost seems too perfect but oh well. I also like Ben since he went to the same college as me. Hopefully next year Palmer will be back and kicking some ass again.

Never underestimate vegas.

Anyways as a hawks(of course a lot more than the steelers) and steelers fan, i can say without a doubt the hawks got the shaft tonite on several bs calls. There havent been so many bs calls since 3 weeks ago in indionapolis, where i was rooting for the steelers. Of course the 2 missed FG's did not help either, and stevens choked. Not a good night up here in seattle, even for the hardcore fans.

[quote name='2fast_2fuhrer']Seahawks got screwed.[/QUOTE]

Seahawks forgot they had a game today. Sucks for them.

Saddly this was the best reffd game since the playoffs began.

I didn't care who won the game (I'm a falcons fan) but I certainly felt the seahawks got screwed.
1. I didn't see the push off that negated the seahawks touchtown
2. I didn't see the hold that kept the sehawks off of the Pit 1 which led to an interception 2 plays later that led to a Pit TD.
3. The ghost "Cut block" by hasselback when he prevented the interception from going back for a touchdown
4. The terrible spot on the Big Ben TD, (sorry, when he hit the ground he was short)

With all that said, Seattle LOST the game
1. 2 missed field goals
2. clock mismanagment at the end of BOTH halves
3. recievers couldn't stay inbounds down the sideline near the endzone, twice

I'm still happy for Pit because:

1. The bus got a well-deserved championship
2. Wille Parker is a UNC grad (my favorite college team)
3. Superbowl mvp Hines Ward is the toughest guy in the NFL and he is a UGA grad

no doubt the hawks deserved to lose this game, but i have to say, this was the worst officated game ive ever seen in my football watching life and i have to suspect sometimes if this game was fixed.

D Jack did not push off. In the NBA, they get away running off screens doing that, and D Jack did nothing wrong. Im sorry, but the defender didnt even get pushed the opposite way. If he had, their would be clear visual evidence of him at least moving, A LITTLE. but there wasnt. That play changed the whole game.

Josh Brown, goto hell. you suck.

Seahawks need to cut stevens. I dont like talkers, i never have . He of all people needs to shut up and do his job. He made a public embarressment of himself today with his superbowl mouth and performance.

Kelly Herndon, nice interception, but it doesnt make up for your lack of coverage skills all season.

The seahawks look like their primed for the losing superbowl syndrome.

Their are about to lose alexander, which in all honesty, i dont mind. He might be a good runner, but he cant catch. When you need those critical third downs, it completely changes what you can do and what packages you run because your running back cant catch out of the backfield. His blocking has improved but ive never liked him.

Steve Hutchinson is a lock to leave too. bernard is up. The hawks will most likely cut Jamie Sharper and as for ken hamlin, who knows if he will play again?

I have to say, I went into the superbowl expecting the hawks to lose, but the way they lost was a heartbreaker.

Normally its easy to say the better team won. The hawks lost this game for themselves and i dont believe the steelers deserved to win this game,. Let me say it another way, had the hawks played half of what they were capable of, the steelers would of lost. They still lost the turnover battle 2 to 1 and rothlisberger looked pretty cruddy.

[quote name='Staind204']Sorry guys but the Steelers won the game. I am a huge Bengals fan (and I still claim the hit on Palmer was cheap), but the Steelers clearly owned the Seahawks tonight. As much as I hate them, atleast Bettis finally got his ring. It almost seems too perfect but oh well. I also like Ben since he went to the same college as me. Hopefully next year Palmer will be back and kicking some ass again.[/QUOTE]

"Owned" ??? Are you out of your god damned mind! The Seahawks dominated, not the other way around! They had more yards, more first downs, less turnovers. They moved the ball all over that dumbass Joey Porter's D. The zebras threw the game. Plain and simple. Now we can all get down on our knees and show Bettis how much we love him. Blah.

Btw. The real final score is 24 - 10 Seattle. Big Ben was stopped short so instead of that touchdown they would have kicked a field goal. Hasselbeck doesn't throw the int that was turned into a touchdown because after the 30 yard pass to the 1 yard line, the MVP of the league punchs it in for the TD. Also, Darrel Jackson's touchdown retraction is not a call they would make if it was anybody but Seattle.

BWAHAHAHHAA

SOMEBODY CALL THE WHAMBULANCE.

sheesh all you guys are doing is bitching "oh no it wasn't that the steelers played the better game... it was the refs fault" better luck next year, whiners.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Btw. The real final score is 24 - 10 Seattle. Big Ben was stopped short so instead of that touchdown they would have kicked a field goal. Hasselbeck doesn't throw the int that was turned into a touchdown because after the 30 yard pass to the 1 yard line, the MVP of the league punchs it in for the TD. Also, Darrel Jackson's touchdown retraction is not a call they would make if it was anybody but Seattle.[/QUOTE]

Surely you can't be serious. The Broncos Pats game was far and way the most poorly officiated game of the playoffs, and the season in general. Ashley Lelie pushes the corner clearly, but they call defensive pass int. Then Champ Bailey fumbles into the end zone which should have been a touchback. Pats should have won the game, but they didn't. That was a real screw job, but Pats fans didn't blame it on a conspiracy, because if Brady would have played a little better they would have won....If Hasselbeck and the "MVP" would have played better the 'Hawks would have won.

When Ben was in the air half of the ball was over the white line which means he did, in fact, score a touchdown. You can say he didn't but clearly he did. The Jackson pass interfernce was close, it honestly could have been a no call, but there's just as much justification for it being called. The MVP? The real MVP is Steve Smith, or Tiki Barber, you know players that put up big numbers against good defenses? Did you see what Steve Smith did to Chicago when Delhomme wasn't playing like a douche? Alexander sucks, if Larry Johnson played behind Mack Strong and that beasty O-line he probably would have gone over 3000, and wouldn't choke it up in the playoffs.

You can say it the officiating was a screw job, but everyone else in the NFC (outside of the West) got a big screw job due to the fact that the Seahawks played High School caliber football teams all year. They should match the Hawks up with the AFC West next year and see how spectacular they are. I hate the Seahawks more then ever because of their fans blaming the refs. The only real questionable call was the hold, but the refs didn't force Hasselback to throw a pick directly to Taylor. I sure hope a deserving team represents the NFC next year. Happy whining Seahawks fans!:)

Oh and sorry for my rant, 'Hawks fans that realize that they're team lost and take it like men (thingsfallnapart ) I applaud you. All you other babies, if the Redskins or Panthers would have played raggedy ass teams all year and had the loudest stadium in the league, and had a first round bye the Seahawks wouldn't have even made it to the NFC title game. Just be glad your overrated team isn't in the AFC or they wouldn't have been in the playoffs.

you are such a jerk bil. Its not like the seahawks got blown out in the super bowl. You have some kind of ego you know that? A few plays and calls go a different way, then everyone in steeler nation is crying rite now.

[quote name='Storamin']

sheesh all you guys are doing is bitching "oh no it wasn't that the steelers played the better game... it was the refs fault" better luck next year, whiners.[/QUOTE]

But...uhh...they didn't. Just look at the stats. Did you even WATCH the game? Big Ben and the Bus got shut down. If it wasn't for those BS calls and a couple of fluke plays, the Hawks would have won easily.

Where to begin...

The Seahawks played poorly, yes, but the Steelers played their worst game in months. Questionable calls were made by the refs, but the only "bad" call was the blocking call on Hasselbeck.

Watch the replays (tivoed it myself)

Jackson most definately pushed off in the endzone, no it may not have given him an advantage, or been necessary at all. But the fact remains, he did it, right in front of the ref.

Big Ben scoring his TD: It DOES NOT matter where the ball is when it hits the ground. The plain of the goal line extends from the front of the white line up into the air. There definately was not conclusive evidence in the replays to show that the tip of the ball did not break that plain when it was 2-3 feet off the ground. It doesn't have to penetrate by 4 or 5 inches, a millimeter is all it takes to "break the plain".

The holding penalty that nulified the TD: Again, watch the replay, his forearm was clearly locked around the Pittsburgh players chin/neck. Holding doesn't require grasping with the hand. Putting someone in a "headlock" constitutes holding as well.

Who cares what Madden has to say (or Steve Young or Micheal "no Hall of Fame for you" Irvin for that matter). He is not an official, he is a blow hard and the only reason I am happy Monday Night Football will no longer be on ABC.

Now lets talk about a non-call for a second:

Big Ben throws the interception, during the return he is trying to get in to position to make the tackle, he is blocked/pushed in the back. If that flag is thrown, 10 yards from the spot, Seattle takes over in their territory instead of the Steeler 20. If that happens, the Seahawks are lucky to get 3, let alone a TD.

Now you might have a beef with the refs, the way they opened up that hole for Fast Willie to bust that 75 yd TD or the way they allowed Randel El to throw that TD to Ward or when they were swaying the goal posts when Brown missed those field goals or how they put the "grease" ball in play when Seattle hat the ball so their receivers would drop passes or how they forced Seattle into the worst display of 2-minute clock management in Superbowl history...but sometimes, that is just how the ball bounces....

Be happy with the outcome, there will always be could'ves and would'ves, hell if Pittsburgh would have brought their "C" game, it would have been a rout.

If the Hawks can sign Alexander, they will be back, and next time, they'll be ready to play.
And if I get the chance to draft Alaxexander again in my fantasy team, I'll ride him to the bank like I did this year.

Just because we are in the NW doesn't mean we are all Seahawk fans (had to get this off my chest, everyone around here, my father-in-law included, refers to the Seahawks as "our" team because they are the only one around). I went to the PIT/SEA game a few years ago, and I swear half the stadium was wearing black and gold. (Lucky for you, not for me, Maddox was at the helm)

why hello thar DELAY OF GAME.

Was that the ref's parting shot? Worthlessburger clearly caught the ball and then called the time out 1.5 seconds after the play clock had expired. Flags on the play, and then NO PENALTY.

:D Go Steelers! theres a pep rally and parade tomorrow at 11:00am beginning at mellon arena and moving to point state park. see you there! and enough of the"if this woulda happened then......seahawks wouldve won" crap! apparently, your over looking the fact that seattle gave up a 75 yard run(longest in superbowl history) and a 42 yard pass by a wide receiver for a touchdown. if you play "d" like that then you don't deserve to win. GO STEELERS!:bow:

Last I checked, this was a thread in the Northwest Forum...sorry I am not a bandwagoner (although that is sure to be a short ride for most of the "fans")

The Great Northwest Letdown... Blazers, Sonics, Mariners and now the Seahawks....

I'm assuming that when Quigoni asked them to get out of "our forum", he was meaning to get out of "our topic" - "Go Seahawks!" to me would mean that it is a topic for Seahawks fans. Just a thought.

The main thing that pisses me off is that everyone in my area became a Pitt fan once they made the Super Bowl (I live near Cincy). I mean what kind of fans do we have? After they take out our QB on a cheapshot and win the game (the outcome may have been completely different if Palmer had played) people start rooting for them? I for one hate the Steelers and I would NEVER support them. Even the local stores have cleared out Bengals gear to put Pitt stuff on the racks :(

[quote name='Staind204']The main thing that pisses me off is that everyone in my area became a Pitt fan once they made the Super Bowl (I live near Cincy). I mean what kind of fans do we have? After they take out our QB on a cheapshot and win the game (the outcome may have been completely different if Palmer had played) people start rooting for them? I for one hate the Steelers and I would NEVER support them. Even the local stores have cleared out Bengals gear to put Pitt stuff on the racks :([/QUOTE]it serves cincy right for claiming to be the "new kings" of the central division with 7 games left in the season. maybe if chad johnson wouldve shut his mouth and played some football they would have done better. GO STEELERS!!:applause:

[quote name='h2dk']Last I checked, this was a thread in the Northwest Forum...sorry I am not a bandwagoner (although that is sure to be a short ride for most of the "fans")

The Great Northwest Letdown... Blazers, Sonics, Mariners and now the Seahawks....[/QUOTE]

your forgetting some memorable notions:

The Oregon Ducks for bitching and whining about no respect and go out and get hammered in the bowl game this year.

Last year the NCAA Mens Huskies team for their wonderful showcase in a number one seed letdown in the third round. I dont think im the only seattle sports fan to say when they drew the one "great here comes a new disappointing chapter to come"

The Everett Hawks even ended on a let down with their perfect season dead in the playoffs.

You could make a seattle "choke of fame" and of course at the top of that list would be the 2001 mariners.

[quote name='hopesfall']I'm assuming that when Quigoni asked them to get out of "our forum", he was meaning to get out of "our topic" - "Go Seahawks!" to me would mean that it is a topic for Seahawks fans. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

SHE actually and yes that's what I meant, the topic. :p

Maybe if the Steelers didn't do a dirty hit on Palmer, we would have had someone to throw Chad the ball!!

[quote name='thagoat']it serves cincy right for claiming to be the "new kings" of the central division with 7 games left in the season. maybe if chad johnson wouldve shut his mouth and played some football they would have done better. GO STEELERS!!:applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Staind204']Maybe if the Steelers didn't do a dirty hit on Palmer, we would have had someone to throw Chad the ball!![/QUOTE]i guess we'll never know.:lol:

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']your forgetting some memorable notions:

The Oregon Ducks for bitching and whining about no respect and go out and get hammered in the bowl game this year.

Last year the NCAA Mens Huskies team for their wonderful showcase in a number one seed letdown in the third round. I dont think im the only seattle sports fan to say when they drew the one "great here comes a new disappointing chapter to come"

The Everett Hawks even ended on a let down with their perfect season dead in the playoffs.

You could make a seattle "choke of fame" and of course at the top of that list would be the 2001 mariners.[/QUOTE]

As a Beaver fan, it is nice to see the Ducks choke...but I have witnessed years of misery and disappointment...last time the Beavs made the NCAA, Gary Payton was SI Player of the Year...#1 seed, lost to #16 Ball State because of a foul at the buzzer. Our football team has at least been competitive lately and the baseball team made it to Omaha last season. And yes, it has been a tough 20+ years as a Steeler fan

One more thing, prior to the game, people were predicting this to be one of the least watched Superbowls because of the matchup. Well, 141 million watched making it the 2nd most watched ever (XXX - Steelers vs. Cowboys #1). I think the Steeler fan base is much larger than people think, not knocking the Seahawks, but the NW couldn't have counted for more than 10 million viewers...so either there is a large number of closet Seahawk fans, or just a big group of anti-Steeler fans. Eitehr way, a rematch is sure to have a large draw

[quote name='h2dk']Where to begin...

The Seahawks played poorly, yes, but the Steelers played their worst game in months. Questionable calls were made by the refs, but the only "bad" call was the blocking call on Hasselbeck.

Watch the replays (tivoed it myself)

Jackson most definately pushed off in the endzone, no it may not have given him an advantage, or been necessary at all. But the fact remains, he did it, right in front of the ref.

Big Ben scoring his TD: It DOES NOT matter where the ball is when it hits the ground. The plain of the goal line extends from the front of the white line up into the air. There definately was not conclusive evidence in the replays to show that the tip of the ball did not break that plain when it was 2-3 feet off the ground. It doesn't have to penetrate by 4 or 5 inches, a millimeter is all it takes to "break the plain".

The holding penalty that nulified the TD: Again, watch the replay, his forearm was clearly locked around the Pittsburgh players chin/neck. Holding doesn't require grasping with the hand. Putting someone in a "headlock" constitutes holding as well.

Who cares what Madden has to say (or Steve Young or Micheal "no Hall of Fame for you" Irvin for that matter). He is not an official, he is a blow hard and the only reason I am happy Monday Night Football will no longer be on ABC.

Now lets talk about a non-call for a second:

Big Ben throws the interception, during the return he is trying to get in to position to make the tackle, he is blocked/pushed in the back. If that flag is thrown, 10 yards from the spot, Seattle takes over in their territory instead of the Steeler 20. If that happens, the Seahawks are lucky to get 3, let alone a TD.

Now you might have a beef with the refs, the way they opened up that hole for Fast Willie to bust that 75 yd TD or the way they allowed Randel El to throw that TD to Ward or when they were swaying the goal posts when Brown missed those field goals or how they put the "grease" ball in play when Seattle hat the ball so their receivers would drop passes or how they forced Seattle into the worst display of 2-minute clock management in Superbowl history...but sometimes, that is just how the ball bounces....

Be happy with the outcome, there will always be could'ves and would'ves, hell if Pittsburgh would have brought their "C" game, it would have been a rout.

If the Hawks can sign Alexander, they will be back, and next time, they'll be ready to play.
And if I get the chance to draft Alaxexander again in my fantasy team, I'll ride him to the bank like I did this year.

Just because we are in the NW doesn't mean we are all Seahawk fans (had to get this off my chest, everyone around here, my father-in-law included, refers to the Seahawks as "our" team because they are the only one around). I went to the PIT/SEA game a few years ago, and I swear half the stadium was wearing black and gold. (Lucky for you, not for me, Maddox was at the helm)[/QUOTE]

The Big Spot for Big Ben could have went either way, the line judge just hesitated which will always lead to doubt. As for the push off and the holding call, this is the NFL not the underwear bowl, those were ticky tack fouls that took the game out of the players hands where the referees decided the game. As for the block on big ben, it was clearly in the side and legal.

On the other hand, I thought of another call that clearly went against the Steelers, which I think goes ever further to say that it was a badly officiated game. I think it was the butterfingers seahawks TE. He caught the ball, made a football move by turning upfield, and got hammered by a couple of defenders, causing a fumble. But the officals, ruled it dead. Another Bad Call

I would be at rest with the whole sitiuation if someone would convince me that the Steeler fans (of which 90% of the people watching were for) would have swallowed a loss and went silently into the night had the tables been reversed.

Would any Steeler fan admit that "We got beat by a team that played better than us tonight" had the tables been turned???

What if that Big Ben spot had been the difference in the game? (if the officals had ruled it short and they lost by 3 points)
I bet an indecisive line judge would be getting home just in time to see his house burst into flames.

My point is if ANY "national" team had got beat in the same way that the Seahawks got beat, the entire football watching nation would cry sheenannaagans.

I'm not normally a big "What if" person, but the Yin and the Yang are just not at ease.

what if, what if.......blah, blah, blah........ what if germany won WW2, what if i knew the lottery numbers for tomorrow. i just go by the facts, and "it is what it is". The steelers won with big plays. the seahawks lost with bad plays(2 missed field goals, countless dropped passes, stupid mistakes) the steelers are superbowl champs until next year. you'll have to wait until then to change it.

You know what, I don't really like either team! I wanted a good game, didn't really get one, and that makes me mad. The refs didn't call that great a game, but both teams played poorly. Most of the commercials were crap too and that pisses me off more than the shitty ass game.

The Steelers had poor offense from Big Ben. The Seahawks needed to learn to keep their recievers in play and learn a little clock management from the junior high team down the street. I haven't seen such poor clock management at the end of a half in a long time. Big Ben was in on the TD, or close enough that they couldn't overturn it. The push in the end zone was a close call, but guys, who cares what they "allow" normally. The rule says you can't touch past five yards and he clearly did.....and that is offensive pass interference.

Even though I live in New Hampshire, I think that the Patriots suck, and even though the Pats/Broncos game was horribly called, it just about made my season to see them lose.

So you all can give me some shit, I'm a Bears fan who is really pissed that their defense took the week off. They played like crap and got what they desereved too.

Well, I'm off to bed. Time to wait until next season, since nobody cares about the Pro Bowl anyway.

TBW

[quote name='thagoat']The steelers won with big plays.[/QUOTE]

Certainly you aren't denying that the LARGE amount of questionable calls that went the Steelers way pretty much gave the game to the Steelers, are you? Because that would just be foolish.

[quote name='cyberlian']As for the block on big ben, it was clearly in the side and legal. [/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I have this on Tivo...the left hand is in the left armpit area of Ben, but the right hand is clearly on the lower half of the "7" on his back. It occured at the 40 yard line of Pittsburgh, 10 yard illegal block in the back moves it to the 50, whether they score or not is another one of those what ifs.

Shittiest ref'd game ever. I'm not a fan of either team (Chargers fan) but this game actually made me lose faith in the NFL. Every single questionable call (more than 9 of them) was against the Hawks. The Hawks won this game, and it was stolen from them by the zebras.

I heard it on 950 sports talk radio today that one of the ref's from the game got a ROCK thrown through his windshield after the game!!!

GO SEAHAWKS !!!!!

See you in Miami next year!!!

The more i think about it, the hawks clearly outplayed Steelers. Im sooo F 'in proud of those guys. Your Final score of that superbowl without bogus officiating: Hawks 24, Steelers 14(i give the steelers a TD on the one yard line, even if they go on 4th).

A few dropped passes are easily overcome, 2 bogus penalties on big plays for a touchdown, and a play for a catch on the 1 yard line are not however easily overcome. Especially when the results are 3rd and longs from deep field goal territory.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']The more i think about it, the hawks clearly outplayed Steelers. Im sooo F 'in proud of those guys. Your Final score of that superbowl without bogus officiating: Hawks 24, Steelers 14(i give the steelers a TD on the one yard line, even if they go on 4th).

A few dropped passes are easily overcome, 2 bogus penalties on big plays for a touchdown, and a play for a catch on the 1 yard line are not however easily overcome. Especially when the results are 3rd and longs from deep field goal territory.[/QUOTE]

But you know what it all comes down too? The hawks didn't make those plays, commited all those penalities, missed those field goals, didnt make 3rd and long stops, and got fooled by trick plays.

Thus they deserved to lose the game.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']But you know what it all comes down too? The hawks didn't make those plays, commited all those penalities, missed those field goals, didnt make 3rd and long stops, and got fooled by trick plays.

Thus they deserved to lose the game.[/QUOTE]

You can't say they deserved to lose this game...They deserved to be tied(21-21) with 5 minutes left, what happened from there would have been fair game...I just wish we would have seen that...Instead of the bogus shit we saw on Sunday...Whatever, I'm over it...Hawks will be back next year, they've got more experience now...If they get home field in the weak NFC for the playoffs next year, then they will be in Miami for SB 41.

[quote name='dserafin1986']You can't say they deserved to lose this game...They deserved to be tied(21-21) with 5 minutes left, what happened from there would have been fair game...I just wish we would have seen that...Instead of the bogus shit we saw on Sunday...Whatever, I'm over it...Hawks will be back next year, they've got more experience now...If they get home field in the weak NFC for the playoffs next year, then they will be in Miami for SB 41.[/QUOTE]

You cant say they will be back either, they are facing losing bernard, hutch, and alexander. For a team that wins by close margins so much, you start losing games because of plays you cant make, then your on the road in the playoffs.

Hey, more yards, more time holding the ball... it doesnt matter... Points matter.

Its like boxing, if you can go the distance, and be the better fighter... you can win with the points... but the better fighters sometimes get knocked the hell out reguardless.. better luck next time.

And I'm a Pittsburgh fan, but my grandpappy's brother is Terry Bradshaw. lol

crybaby.gif

bread's done
Back