Go See Serenity Now. Its very very good.

same question, i wanted to finish the season on dvd before i see it, does it make it better? or no difference?

I didnt like the show for some reason but LOVED the movie. It was freaking sweet. During the movie-theres one line that cracked me up that nobody else laughed at which made me feel like a tool-in one action sequence they ask for a ammo count and jayne says-Ive got 3 clips and a swinging cod....funny stuff i tell you. and lots of ball breaking lines in that movie too.

Ugh - this is getting hyped too much. I know I'm going to see it eventually, I just don't want to be let down after reading all the fanboy posts.

[quote name='camoor']Ugh - this is getting hyped too much. I know I'm going to see it eventually, I just don't want to be let down after reading all the fanboy posts.[/QUOTE]

I was worried I might be let down by it but within 20 minutes of the beginning I felt right at home. If you liked the series, or even if you just casually watched it, you will LOVE the movie.

So I saw it last night. I thought it was OK. You can watch the movie without knowing the series, but I think it would help out much more to know the series. You can pick up the character quirks fairly easily, but the big picture to me seemed like a "so what" since I didn't know the series. It's long/slow it parts. The characters have their own places, but seem the usual fodder. Also, it seems at times to play like a long episode instead of a movie, not only story wise but some shot set ups seemed this way too.
I was yawning and wondering when it'll wrap up. It was only a 7pm show. On the forums, fanboys are hoping for sequels or for the show to be picked up again. I may watch the dvd's to see if I can get into it over time. For now the firefly needs to stop blinking.

I loved it being a Firefly fanboy. My girlfriend loved and she was only willing to give it a shot because the guy behind Buffy and Angel made the film.

I would almost argue that it could be our generations Star Wars, except that Star Wars broke some new cinematic ground. This film does not; however, the film itself is top notch.

[quote name='tauruskatt']same question, i wanted to finish the season on dvd before i see it, does it make it better? or no difference?[/QUOTE]

Finish the box set first. It definitely enhances the movie since you'll be familiar w/the backstory.

[quote name='neocisco']Finish the box set first. It definitely enhances the movie since you'll be familiar w/the backstory.[/QUOTE]

I'll vouch for that consider the emotional attachment to the characters is much better...like when ______ dies, i couldnt care less since ______ wasnt in the movie much, but when ______ died...at least ______ was in it long enough for me to care

Its defiantly worth watching the BoxSet before the movie. You get a stronger attachment to the characters. The movie totally rocked. Defiantly one of the Best movies this year. I can't wait for Serenity 2. I'm going to go see it again later this week.

Repost:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67328

Not to sound like a dick, but the very reason for a discussion thread on a movie is so we don't get like 3 or 4 separate threads stacked on top of each other talking about the same thing.

Edit: Also I agree with everyone else, finish the series, at the very least it gives you depth for most of the characters and really the whole show in general.

hey m replying to you. when i started this thread that thread you posted wasnt here on the first page. and yes you do sound like a dick.

Repost:

Not to sound like a dick, but the very reason for a discussion thread on a movie is so we don't get like 3 or 4 separate threads stacked on top of each other talking about the same thing.

Edit: Also I agree with everyone else, finish the series, at the very least it gives you depth for most of the characters and really the whole show in genera

[quote name='blueroomnc']hey m replying to you. when i started this thread that thread you posted wasnt here on the first page. and yes you do sound like a dick.

Repost:

Edit: Also I agree with everyone else, finish the series, at the very least it gives you depth for most of the characters and really the whole show in genera[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if the thread is on the first page or not, you turd. That thread is recent, and therefore this should have gone there.

He didn't sound like a dick at all, but you do.

Learn to use the "search" function... and how to quote while you're at it.

:roll:

bread's done
Back